Page 1 of 30 12345678910111213141526 ... LastLast

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

SF21 Challenger Thread

It might be a bit early to start the new car thread,but it looks like we have the 1st official news about it.
    So according to it.motorsport, the new car will be called SF21,and will be represented in the 1st of March, directly to the 1st day of testing in Barcelona!!!
    Lets hope for a much better year and that it could give us some good surprises!!!!

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...paign=widget-1
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 29th December 2020 at 20:14.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    It might be a bit early to start the new car thread,but it looks like we have the 1st official news about it.
    So according to it.motorsport, the new car will be called SF21,and will be represented in the 1st of March, directly to the 1st day of testing in Barcelona!!!
    Lets hope for a much better year and that it could give us some good surprises!!!!

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...paign=widget-1
    That all sounds hopeful ! And " Charou'imena genethlia' !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    That all sounds hopeful ! And " Charou'imena genethlia' !
    Thanks a lot mate!!!! Love your Greek lish!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Ferrari needs work in this area too.....alot of it.

https://twitter.com/F1/status/134030...426881/photo/1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari needs work in this area too.....alot of it.

https://twitter.com/F1/status/134030...426881/photo/1
    Agreed, Ferrari pitstops have been inexcusably bad.

I think Vettel mentioned that they have problems with the nuts having too thin thread and are failing. That's why they had to do it slower. And you can't change that in the middle of the season. So next year should be better.

Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    I think Vettel mentioned that they have problems with the nuts having too thin thread and are failing. That's why they had to do it slower. And you can't change that in the middle of the season. So next year should be better.
    Same wheel but new threads in the wheel and new bolts, doesn't seem a major update for an F1 team.

Ferrari: Third in 2021 difficult as rivals have F1 token advantage

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/154308/ferrari-rivals-have-2021-development-token-advantage

So when is actually plan to win somethin?!

I think engine wise we will be okay but as Mattia says alot of teams can upgrade parts of there cars with no penalties from the token system. Besides engine I thought we were terrible getting the tyres to work but I know thats because we had to reduce wing etc. I just hope we can be competitive to take any opportunities that arise if any other teams have failures etc. We wasn't even good enough last season to take advantage of many opportunities that arose.

Token or no token they had same suspension for years, so I domt want to hear any excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/154308/ferrari-rivals-have-2021-development-token-advantage

mate, he did say that he is not expecting winning until 5 years from now....which was said at beginning of 2020 by him i thought....so if that is the case it'll be 2025 b4 we can see a winning car.....sad but true

i think it's time for Harry Potter to get the boot from his current position....i mean he's a great engineer, but as a team principle he's horrible at....we need someone roothless like totto or horner...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

Next year, we will benefit the most from this new and updated engine. With better HP, the aero works better and the tires too. Like we saw this year, Leclerc can make up the difference. I think Ferrari learned alot from this year. Next year we will be top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    Next year, we will benefit the most from this new and updated engine. With better HP, the aero works better and the tires too. Like we saw this year, Leclerc can make up the difference. I think Ferrari learned alot from this year. Next year we will be top 3.
    For me top 3 ain’t good enough....we need to have a car that will challenge for wins regularly next season...sadly me thinks that ain’t gonna happen....

We’ll see how 2022 will stack up for us

We need the car yes.... BUT we also need the pit strategy and pit stop times to all work together efficiently and effenctively to beat both Mercedes and Redbull at any given track.

We need the car yes.... BUT we also need the pit strategy and pit stop times to all work together efficiently and effenctively to beat both Mercedes and Redbull at any given track.
    it is a difficult championship with very very strong opponents,so YES,we have to be on the top of our game in every single factor !!!!! unless we built a spaceship that is 1s faster then the rest ( like Merc) so you can afford some mistakes here and there.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

May be ferrari did and they are ahead even with out tokens.who really knows the forum provides a wonderful platform for posts just like this.Red cars go faster.Buon natale per tutti.

Just read an article where Binotto made it clear Ferrari wont be challenging Mercedes next year as the engine gap is just too large....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Ferrari needs to be competitive for the WDC, WCC by 2023 when Mick is ready to take the seat. Ferrari can't afford to let him even think about going to Merc if there's a seat available there.

Ferrari needs to be competitive for the WDC, WCC by 2023 when Mick is ready to take the seat. Ferrari can't afford to let him even think about going to Merc if there's a seat available there.
    What's so special about Mick Schumacher?
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Do you really believe, that all this team needs is a car that is competitive?
    That management wise, everything is perfect?

Questions for you:
    So, it's the car that is to blame for the pitstop mayhem?
    It is the car that is to blame for the fact that the team, morally wise is in its lowest?
    So if we change the car, top to bottom,with the flick of our fingers sort of speak, even if tomorrow , we catch up 90% or even 100% with RBR and Mercedes out of the blue, you really believe that's all it takes to challenge for titles?

All it takes is hardware (since I do believe we have the drivers)?

So, let's see, do we need fast pitstops? If so, will the car resolve that? No.
    Do we need even better strategies? This is definitely something that even if the car helps, it 's not up to the car to resolve , is it?
    Do we need better management, to alleviate the pressure over the team (every member of the team) that they feel because of the expectations amassed (normal) , because, well, it's Ferrari after all? Is that the car alone that will do this? Yes, of course a better car will help, but it's not the holy grail, is it? Remember 2018 ?

In short, the issues ferrari face, go far and beyond than just the car that everyone tends to focus. They start from the top management and direction and the structure of the team as a whole. They root to what choices said management make (or don't , at times) regarding people in places, because as we all know, politics is second nature in Ferrari.
    But at one point, someone needs to take the courage and just do what needs to be done, otherwise, car, or no car, the team will keep on sinking , it 'll become an unpleasant place and sponsors will have no reason to give their money to.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post

Questions for you:
    It is the car that is to blame for the fact that the team, morally wise is in its lowest?
    So if we change the car, top to bottom,with the flick of our fingers sort of speak, even if tomorrow , we catch up 90% or even 100% with RBR and Mercedes out of the blue, you really believe that's all it takes to challenge for titles?

Do we need even better strategies? This is definitely something that even if the car helps, it 's not up to the car to resolve , is it?
    Do we need better management, to alleviate the pressure over the team (every member of the team) that they feel because of the expectations amassed (normal) , because, well, it's Ferrari after all? Is that the car alone that will do this? Yes, of course a better car will help, but it's not the holy grail, is it? Remember 2018 ?

In short, the issues ferrari face, go far and beyond than just the car that everyone tends to focus. They start from the top management and direction and the structure of the team as a whole. They root to what choices said management make (or don't , at times) regarding people in places, because as we all know, politics is second nature in Ferrari.
    But at one point, someone needs to take the courage and just do what needs to be done, otherwise, car, or no car, the team will keep on sinking , it 'll become an unpleasant place and sponsors will have no reason to give their money to.
    Well said........great synopsis.....

Mick is the least of our worries. We have a driver right now who's ten times better than Mick.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Mick is the least of our worries. We have a driver right now who's ten times better than Mick.
    Tell that to Binotto!

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post

Questions for you:

Well if the car is fast and can run ahead of everyone else... a lot of those issues won't be issues. If our cars are 20 sec ahead of every other car, a 4 sec pitstop probably won't be a killer, strategies will be much easier to carry through and more straight forward, and if the car is the best of the field then the management must have done its job.
    So yes... we need a fast car and a lot of the other stuff will fall in to place. A fast car that wins a lot can also do wonders for team morale and driver confidence. I say we try that first and see what's shakes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Well if the car is fast and can run ahead of everyone else... a lot of those issues won't be issues. If our cars are 20 sec ahead of every other car, a 4 sec pitstop probably won't be a killer, strategies will be much easier to carry through and more straight forward, and if the car is the best of the field then the management must have done its job.
    So yes... we need a fast car and a lot of the other stuff will fall in to place. A fast car that wins a lot can also do wonders for team morale and driver confidence. I say we try that first and see what's shakes out.

I doubt the Ferrari will be 5sec let alone 20sec faster than the rest of the field.....that's asking for a miracle, a blessing from the Pope, a complete healing from Michael Schumacher and an image of Enzo with wings appearing on the Ferrari F1 wall.

I doubt the Ferrari will be 5sec let alone 20sec faster than the rest of the field.....that's asking for a miracle, a blessing from the Pope, a complete healing from Michael Schumacher and an image of Enzo with wings appearing on the Ferrari F1 wall.
    i'm pretty sure he meant over a race distance.....just like the Merc were in Bahrain 2014 when Ham and Nico were racing each other 20s or more up front

20 sec ahead of everyone else, like in a race where we are leading and have a 20 sec lead over the next car so an extra 2 sec on the pitstop won't drop us down to 16th... not 20 sec a lap faster that would just be wishful thinking, pie-in-the-sky kind of stuff. Just stating that a fast car makes things easier.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i'm pretty sure he meant over a race distance.....just like the Merc were in Bahrain 2014 when Ham and Nico were racing each other 20s or more up front
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    20 sec ahead of everyone else, like in a race where we are leading and have a 20 sec lead over the next car so an extra 2 sec on the pitstop won't drop us down to 16th... not 20 sec a lap faster that would just be wishful thinking, pie-in-the-sky kind of stuff. Just stating that a fast car makes things easier.
    Yup.
    Wishful thinking gents. I don't see it happening. The Merc's had to "detune" their engines in the last race due to the MGU-K issue which Max won the race. Prior to that, Merc's were lapping the field halfvay thru the race.

INDEED......