Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Looks extremely sexy if it isn't for the green mission winnow logo. At least they won't use it in most races so we don't have to watch too much of this abomination.
    I like the two tone but yeah the green isn't appealing. Looks out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    I like the two tone but yeah the green isn't appealing. Looks out of place.
    MW is not on the car at many races so perhaps this green thing will be missing most races or when is on at races it will be black. Maybe its green for the launch to give maximum exposure of MW? Like the look of what they have done with the nose as they could not change the main structure.

Some say it's a typo error and it will be back
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Is it real? I see both racing numbers on the same car.

Not a fan of the green MissionWinnow logo on the engine cover.

Would have looked better in yellow (Shell colors) IMO.

The red into burgundy finish (rear) is okay.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Not a fan of the green MissionWinnow logo on the engine cover.

Would have looked better in yellow (Shell colors) IMO.

The red into burgundy finish (rear) is okay.
    Well if people really hate the green it's only a sticker and can be changed in a few minutes, dont think that requires tokens? Hope they do change it though that green just looks wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by speedmaster View Post
    Is it real? I see both racing numbers on the same car.
    It's for the presentation
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Green MW is hideous!!! Two tone red I don't like...

What a beauty.

Looks great but from one thing. The green! Yuck!! like the old saying goes "Red and Green should never be seen".

Ferrari website has crashed lol!
    I love it minus the green MW. What im really liking is our new nose!!!! FINALLY!!! Lets hope it works
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Italian media turned out right for once. It's a new nose and it does look pretty interesting. At least some people here who were obsessing about nose job should be happy now.

Just watched the car launch. A good presentation but kept things in check and not hyping anything which i think is fair after last season and the limited development over the winter.

Interesting new Rear. The Ferrari Engine seems to be a lot more compact than its predecessor. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. If we look at the merc they opted for a larger engine, so much so that they have a bulge sticking out the side. The huge fin on the rear as well. The nose is about as good as it's gonna get for this year's regulations. ugly but hopefully more efficient. Side pod ducts more oval than last year's rectangular ducts. Seems also that they have gone with the theme and not revealed their floor. looks like it's still last year's floor on the car. Lastly, the livery looks good, barring the highlighter green Mission Winnow Logo. Could have gone for a more forest green, inline with the italian flag, but im sure we won't be seeing too much of the MW logo regardless. Bring on 2021, it cant be worse than last year :D

https://twitter.com/i/status/1369639412930392066

Charles also has to get used to the green

Extensive changes have been made on the front, not just rear. This is a completely different car.

Car looks beautiful minus the green MW branding! The rear looks much more tight and sculpted and I like that we have worked on the front nose. Hoping for positive outcomes at preseason testing. Forza Ferrari!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

https://www.planetf1.com/news/2021-ferrari-sf21/

“The team have invested in a new power unit for this year’s championship – and the next four – one that team boss Mattia Binotto has already stated “recovers” some of the straight-line speed Ferrari and their customers lost last season.”

Can some one please clarify if there will be a new engine for 2022 different from this years? The article above leads me to believe that this years engine will be used for the next 5 years. If so, I ask again...why would Ferrari agree to a freeze and guarantee Merc 5 more titles? I hope some one can offer some clarity for me. Thanks
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Therermal efficiency, in conjunction with our partner Shell and this has produced an improvement in lap time that we estimate at over one tenth of a second.

Ferrari.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michelc30 View Post
    Therermal efficiency, in conjunction with our partner Shell and this has produced an improvement in lap time that we estimate at over one tenth of a second.

Ferrari.com
    0.1 per lap improvement is only from the fuel, not the engine. It's a quite substantial improvement from the fuel alone.

I wonder if the matte paint makes having a smooth color transition difficult as it's not a seamless blend going from the full red to the darker shade by the rear engine cover.

As has been discussed, the green looks terrible. Marketing nonsense.

Hopefully it's a fast car. Carlos looks at home in red, doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/2021-ferrari-sf21/

“The team have invested in a new power unit for this year’s championship – and the next four – one that team boss Mattia Binotto has already stated “recovers” some of the straight-line speed Ferrari and their customers lost last season.”

Can some one please clarify if there will be a new engine for 2022 different from this years? The article above leads me to believe that this years engine will be used for the next 5 years. If so, I ask again...why would Ferrari agree to a freeze and guarantee Merc 5 more titles? I hope some one can offer some clarity for me. Thanks
    New engines allowed for 2022 but then frozen from 1st race of 2022.

Green is disgusting! We should made petition to repaint it in black!
    Car looks nice! I hope it is going to be fast and reliable, and give us joy!

2020 vs 2021 presentations

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

2022 Ferrari will implement the Mercedes like split turbo design on the ICE.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Green symbolises GO , a move foward, and driving into the future with positive progress colours have deep meanings.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    2022 Ferrari will implement the Mercedes like split turbo design on the ICE.
    Thanks!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I think the car looks great. A lot of interesting little details and differences from last year. The side pods are packed really tight.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~