Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

To finish first, one must first finish.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Just saw video of Micks Haas seat fitting. Looks like Haas roll hoop stayed the same.

The only thing going good for Ferrari is Domenicali, Brawn and Todt whom are ex-Ferrari. I can't remember a team with so much "political" power in F1 than Ferrari has right now in 2021 going forward.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I haven’t been this excited about a launch in years.
    Forsaken Ferrari!
    no me....this year we're prolly gonna be a bit better than last year....we'll prolly finish third overall in WCC.....that's an achievement over the embarrassing year we had last.....

on the other hand i'm getting excited about 2022......we'll prolly finally see the Rory Byrne magic floor that people been talking about for years as well as the 3D steel printed pistons.....yey, our dominance will begin then.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Ferrari will be at the point end and will be challenging for race victories.It will definitely not be one way mercedes traffic the field will tighten significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    no me....this year we're prolly gonna be a bit better than last year....we'll prolly finish third overall in WCC.....that's an achievement over the embarrassing year we had last.....

on the other hand i'm getting excited about 2022......we'll prolly finally see the Rory Byrne magic floor that people been talking about for years as well as the 3D steel printed pistons.....yey, our dominance will begin then.....
    In 2022, it'll be the new Byrne ground effect floor and 3D printed graphene pistons. Can't live in the past man, tech moves to quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    In 2022, it'll be the new Byrne ground effect floor and 3D printed graphene pistons. Can't live in the past man, tech moves to quickly.
    Ha, ha.....that made me crack up big time.....

New rules and major aero revamp.....everyone will be starting from scratch...aka ZERO....question is who will br the TOP DOG.??

Williams maybe??
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Are they importing it from Uranus? Pretty sure I read it every year since forever that they will use 3d printed things on car.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Are they importing it from Uranus? Pretty sure I read it every year since forever that they will use 3d printed things on car.
    Exactly mate....it’s just a joke that keeps resurfacing year over year.....and yet we will never see the magic floor or the SPECIAL PISTONS....lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Are they importing it from Uranus?.
    Wow, I hope not.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The only thing going good for Ferrari is Domenicali, Brawn and Todt whom are ex-Ferrari. I can't remember a team with so much "political" power in F1 than Ferrari has right now in 2021 going forward.
    Ferrari has no political power because of them.
    All ex employees, all left Ferrari at no good terms. Brawn wanted to be a TP and was denied that role.
    Todt left after a friction with LdM,
    Domenicalli was fired.

I can't see anyone in favour of Ferrari...

T
    Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Ferrari has no political power because of them.
    All ex employees, all left Ferrari at no good terms. Brawn wanted to be a TP and was denied that role.
    Todt left after a friction with LdM,
    Domenicalli was fired.

I can't see anyone in favour of Ferrari...
    Exactly....so people should take their head out I’d their @$$#$ and be realists about the situation.....ferrari has absolutely NO political power in F1.....just because some of the x ferrari employees are now under FIA positions

100% correct the horses with political influence and power in f1 bolted a very very long time ago.

No one is scared that they may wake up drenched in blood with the head of a horse besides them anymore.

Sadly Ferrari are not a mainstream car manufacturer and do not represent the big bucks or big Balls for that matter.

History does not ensure a long term survival and F1 is a business venture, owned by Liberty not Ferrari. Sadly Ferrari holds no more importance than one of the other mid-field teams.

An argument that could be made be made against that is 2019 fuelgate saga... showing Ferrari still has their mojo.

But fuelgate could have continued, formula 1 and the FIA probably did not have to penalise 3 teams, which realistically could have shut down alfa and Haas, resulting in 2, potentially 3 fewer entrants.

PS - I am not saying ferrari cheated.... but like others played in the grey area and may be, just maybe ventured a bit too far towards the black.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    100% correct the horses with political influence and power in f1 bolted a very very long time ago.
    And the future is even more darker.
    The push for bio fuels, electrification etc, are all in favour of the German manufacturers, not FIAT/Ferrari. The latter are ages behind the rest and I am guessing the next rules will be made to lure VAG group into F1.

When you look at the Tesla Plaid+ Model S, there are a lot of car manufacturers out there that will be left feeling obsolete if they don't wake up and start exploring this new technology... I'm not making an environmental statement here... that car looks seriously quick....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    When you look at the Tesla Plaid+ Model S, there are a lot of car manufacturers out there that will be left feeling obsolete if they don't wake up and start exploring this new technology... I'm not making an environmental statement here... that car looks seriously quick....
    Have you seen the new Audi E-tron passenger car??

Lucid is another all-electric luxury car....quite nice looking and better than Tesla IMO from an image standpoint.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Every manufacturer is going electric. Check out GM's new platforms and battery packs. Better sell off your Tesla stocks soon. Electric is going mainstream and Tesla will be just another car company.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Every manufacturer is going electric. Check out GM's new platforms and battery packs. Better sell off your Tesla stocks soon. Electric is going mainstream and Tesla will be just another car company.
    exactly.....tesla so freaking overrated....i would NEVER buy one....i'm a petrol guy through and through.....lol

exactly.....tesla so freaking overrated....i would NEVER buy one....i'm a petrol guy through and through.....lol
    You need to hurry and get one of Seb's cars that are for sale !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    You need to hurry and get one of Seb's cars that are for sale !
    ha, ha....looking at my bank account, i may be able to afford the steering wheel of any of those cars, maybe......lol

According to Corriere Della Sera, Ferrari have regained 80% "quality" of the 2019 PU. Now as always, take it with a pinch of salt because 95% rumors about technical aspect/upgrades are just people making stuff up.

But I'd be pretty happy if Ferrari recovers 80% "quality" of the 2019 PU. As quick as the Merc was last year, it was still slower than 2019 SF90 on the straights. Take SPA as an example, 2020 pole time was 1.3 seconds faster than 2019 pole. But Hamilton's fastest sector 1 time was 30.337 compared to Leclerc's 29.904.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    According to Corriere Della Sera, Ferrari have regained 80% "quality" of the 2019 PU. Now as always, take it with a pinch of salt because 95% rumors about technical aspect/upgrades are just people making stuff up.

But I'd be pretty happy if Ferrari recovers 80% "quality" of the 2019 PU. As quick as the Merc was last year, it was still slower than 2019 SF90 on the straights. Take SPA as an example, 2020 pole time was 1.3 seconds faster than 2019 pole. But Hamilton's fastest sector 1 time was 30.337 compared to Leclerc's 29.904.
    Strange figure 80%. If its 80% power that's awful, lastvyears castrated engine was far better than that. If 2019 had 1000hp 80% is 800hp so 200hp down. That does not sound right.

Strange figure 80%. If its 80% power that's awful, lastvyears castrated engine was far better than that. If 2019 had 1000hp 80% is 800hp so 200hp down. That does not sound right.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    As I've said, take with pinch of salt. It's just Italian media putting their own twist and colour.

But we do have same official statements. Binotto is happy and Sainz is encouraged by the data. 2021 engine is going to be great.

Yeah, so if we recovered 80% of 2019 engine power as rumoured, it’s still NOT enough to beat he Merc this year....as I’m sure they weren’t sleeping and I’m sure they said that they gained another 20hp or so compared to 2020 engine they had....so all in all we’d be lucky if we gonna fight with red bull...but Honda said that they pushed the 2022 engine upgrade forward to 2021.....so I’m sure red bull is gonna be st one also....so at best we gonna be THIRD fastest and at worst 4th or 5th......but hey, that’s the pessimistic me....

As I've said, take with pinch of salt. It's just Italian media putting their own twist and colour.

But we do have same official statements. Binotto is happy and Sainz is encouraged by the data. 2021 engine is going to be great.
    Looking at it another way 80 percent may not be overall power but 80% of the gap so if were 60hp down 80% is 44hp gain on last year. Just as important will be other fixes to side of drag and the flexing gearbox. Combined these fixes should be a huge net gain on others plus Ferrari should have a better aero understanding than all but RB and Merc so adaption to new rules on the floor should bring more bet performance. I would be very disappointed if they do not come 3rd. Aston maybe good but they have effectively 1 car due to Stroll being the other driver.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Looking at it another way 80 percent may not be overall power but 80% of the gap so if were 60hp down 80% is 44hp gain on last year. Just as important will be other fixes to side of drag and the flexing gearbox. Combined these fixes should be a huge net gain on others plus Ferrari should have a better aero understanding than all but RB and Merc so adaption to new rules on the floor should bring more bet performance. I would be very disappointed if they do not come 3rd. Aston maybe good but they have effectively 1 car due to Stroll being the other driver.
    Binotto's insistence that we won't be challenging for wins in 2021 still haunts me and I've lowered my expectations accordingly, hoping that it's all smoke and mirrors! I worry about the threat from both Aston and Mclaren in addition to the usual Merc and RB foes, with Alpine in the mix too. It would be nice to think that any engine gains made by Ferrari would allow Alfa and Haas to make life harder for the other midfield teams, but until the cars are on track in Bahrain, we won't know whether to laugh, cry, or both.

With a rumoured +40bhp for Honda, even if we gain 80% of the diff between 19-20, we will have the 3rd engine, at best.
    So...