Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Green symbolises GO , a move foward, and driving into the future with positive progress colours have deep meanings.
    Marketing speak has no effect on me at all. It's a Ferrari. Give me red. The sponsors can adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Italian media turned out right for once. It's a new nose and it does look pretty interesting. At least some people here who were obsessing about nose job should be happy now.
    The nose is different given the details but it still shares the same width of the previous car. I would have liked a slender nose like Mclaren, AMRF1, Redbull, and Mercedes.

I guess Ferrari wants to be different....oh well.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Impossible to get a slender nose without spending tokens and crash testing it.

Car looks pretty good. Lots of details from rear wing end plates, to nose inlets, sidepods are pretty tight and openings are smaller, probably because they packed some cooling up top where they gained a little bulk but not much really.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The nose is different given the details but it still shares the same width of the previous car. I would have liked a slender nose like Mclaren, AMRF1, Redbull, and Mercedes.

I think they changed as much as they could on the front nose without having to spend tokens ( since there was onl 2 available), and they concentrated more on the rear suspension, gearbox....etc at the rear

Maybe if there were more tokens to be spent probably they would have followed the McLaren, red bull philosophy....but at least they tweaked it as much as they could to hopefully give them some performance benefits
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by h3ro View Post
    Marketing speak has no effect on me at all. It's a Ferrari. Give me red. The sponsors can adapt.
    Amen!

Sponsors write the holy checks that keep teams runnin.

i believe its the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    Sponsors write the holy checks that keep teams runnin.

i believe its the other way around

It's PMI folks, they own the ad space on the car and since MissionWinnow is their baby, they can pretty much dicate the color.....regardless of how "tacky" it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    0.1 per lap improvement is only from the fuel, not the engine. It's a quite substantial improvement from the fuel alone.
    2022 could'nt come soon enough. A tenth of a second!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Thanks!
    yw

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Impossible to get a slender nose without spending tokens and crash testing it.

Car looks pretty good. Lots of details from rear wing end plates, to nose inlets, sidepods are pretty tight and openings are smaller, probably because they packed some cooling up top where they gained a little bulk but not much really.
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I think they changed as much as they could on the front nose without having to spend tokens ( since there was onl 2 available), and they concentrated more on the rear suspension, gearbox....etc at the rear

Maybe if there were more tokens to be spent probably they would have followed the McLaren, red bull philosophy....but at least they tweaked it as much as they could to hopefully give them some performance benefits
    Thanks guys.

2022 could'nt come soon enough. A tenth of a second!!!!
    Looks like that gain he's talking specifically about the ICE section of the PU. He then goes on to elaborate about others sections of the PU and the improvements they're making for those sections.
    Hope it's much more than .1 sec. If they erase they're straight line deficit, should be more like .4-.5 sec gains, some tracks more some less.

Car looks great, but not sure why they went for the red fading into burgundy at the rear or the green MW logo, there's no Italian tricolore on the fin so maybe it's a nod to Italy's colours, who knows?! The nose is still awkward and too wide but I guess that's all they could do with the tokens spent on the rear and gearbox. SF21 is very distinctive and should be easy to spot amongst the multi-coloured rivals, let's hope it isn't stuck in the midfield or God forbid at the back!

Looks like that gain he's talking specifically about the ICE section of the PU. He then goes on to elaborate about others sections of the PU and the improvements they're making for those sections.
    Hope it's much more than .1 sec. If they erase they're straight line deficit, should be more like .4-.5 sec gains, some tracks more some less.
    I doubt we’re gonna see astronomical gains like we had in 2019 when we were cheating, I mean exploring the gray area loop holes....

We may see some more engine gains if we indeed are gonna use the same approach with the split turbo in 2022 before the freeze....

As for this year I already seem to settle with the id3a that we might be the 3rd or 4th fastest team....I know, I know I’m quite the pessimist, but after a decade of being let down by my beloved team I i tend to be more cautious when it comes to winter testing and rumours.....I want to see results on track and ferrari to prove wrong for once

Then hopefully 2022 when the big reset in rules comes and everyone starts from zero we’ll see where we stand....and maybe by then we’ll finally see that special floor made of special materials designed by Byrne as well as the special steel printed 3D pistons will finally come alive.....we’ll live and see I guess
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Or they are better spending the tokens elsewhere for more gains rather than worrying about what forum aero experts think online?

oh well.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Or they are better spending the tokens elsewhere for more gains rather than worrying about what forum aero experts think online?

oh well.
    Of course because of the tokens offered. Had they done the nose earlier to make it more slender then this would be a non-issue.

Better than cheating a fuel flow sensor.......even Stevie Wonder could see that one coming.

Of course because of the tokens offered. Had they done the nose earlier to make it more slender then this would be a non-issue.

Better than cheating a fuel flow sensor.......even Stevie Wonder could see that one coming.
    I’m still surprised that the Tifosi here keep saying that we cheated. We pushed the boundaries of a grey area in the regulations. Competitors didn’t like us winning and complained. Hence the technical directives. Let’s support our team...
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Looks extremely sexy if it isn't for the green mission winnow logo. At least they won't use it in most races so we don't have to watch too much of this abomination.
    That’s exactly the point - to stand out and make a statement. Phillip Morris has always been smart about getting around the advertising bans in F1. This is another stroke of genius, you have the entire F1 community commenting on the green MW decal. No one even cares about how our car looks or about any updates we have. I don’t like it myself, but it is pretty smart of them.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Reading what Enrico Gualtieri says about the gains from the ICE only being 1 tenth... maybe it wasn't the fuel flow that hampered Ferrari. Could have been something to do with MGU's or battery. Pretty sure if they regained 30hp from ICE, the gain would be better than 1 tenth and Binotto said they have fixed their straight line issues which should definitely be worth more than 1 tenth.

Reading what Enrico Gualtieri says about the gains from the ICE only being 1 tenth... maybe it wasn't the fuel flow that hampered Ferrari. Could have been something to do with MGU's or battery. Pretty sure if they regained 30hp from ICE, the gain would be better than 1 tenth and Binotto said they have fixed their straight line issues which should definitely be worth more than 1 tenth.
    1 tenth from fuel alone, not whole PU.

This is what he says about the ICE. Seems to be talking about the engine in general. If it's only fuel, then even better.

"With the internal combustion engine we focused on increasing its level of thermal efficiency, in conjunction with our partner Shell and this has produced an improvement in lap time that we estimate at over one tenth of a second," Gualteri said in a press statement issued by Ferrari during the team's 2021 car launch."

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I’m still surprised that the Tifosi here keep saying that we cheated. We pushed the boundaries of a grey area in the regulations. Competitors didn’t like us winning and complained. Hence the technical directives. Let’s support our team...

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...-investigation

https://f1-insider.com/en/was-ferrari-caught-cheating/

This is what he says about the ICE. Seems to be talking about the engine in general. If it's only fuel, then even better.

"With the internal combustion engine we focused on increasing its level of thermal efficiency, in conjunction with our partner Shell and this has produced an improvement in lap time that we estimate at over one tenth of a second," Gualteri said in a press statement issued by Ferrari during the team's 2021 car launch."
    1 tenth per lap is around 5hp so you make your own conclusion. They were advertising Shell (who is rumored to be new main sponsor next year).

Latest rumour for the engine is just +20hp.
    The car is worked in every area.
    I think they worked hard in the aero, let's see

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Well for everyone in the team, and for Alfa and Haas to be so cautiously optimistic about our engine gains, well 20hp seems very small number.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Well darkchild says 5Hp is worth about 1 tenth... so 20HP would be about 4tenths.
    Binotto said they shouldn't have the weakest engine in the field... so I think we take everything we hear with a grain of salt and wait for testing. If the numbers don't add up to something positive.. then we hit the drink and wait for 2022.
    Or we think... WWBD (what would Brembo do) and watch all the races, enjoy them and hope Ferrari gets a bunch of podiums and Leclerc and Sainz make us proud, count down the poles Ham needs to hit 100 and hope Max beats the Mercs if we can't.

Every 2021 race will be great! Who's on the podium, Who finally gets in the points, esp. Russell and his Williams. Perez vs. Max, will Seb make a comeback, and for sure watching Saniz and Charles fighting for WCC points with all that new HP !! Let them race!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Well for everyone in the team, and for Alfa and Haas to be so cautiously optimistic about our engine gains, well 20hp seems very small number.
    20hp is a lot. F1 teams and some publications said Ferrari were 25hp down on Merc last year. Some of the HP figures on forums sound ridiculous like 60hp gains or deficits. Merc may gain 5hp but even so it's a huge net deficit gain on last year for Ferrari engined teams. Last years deficit was compounded by the drag in the side pods, that was a further unforeseen punishment when the engine power was castrated. Every 5hp loss last year was compounded by drag so that tenth may have been more per every 5hp lost.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    so from 30 it was rumored over teh winter to ONLY 20?????????? That's a kick in the pants for all of us fans, NO???

i guess we'll finish 4th or 5th in the WCC this year if we're lucky.........harry poter will get the boot mid season.....great, can't wait for the season to start

[QUOTE=Silent Bob;1039807]Well darkchild says 5Hp is worth about 1 tenth... so 20HP would be about 4tenths.
    Binotto said they shouldn't have the weakest engine in the field... so I think we take everything we hear with a grain of salt and wait for testing. If the numbers don't add up to something positive.. then we hit the drink and wait for 2022.
    Or we think... WWBD (what would Brembo do) and watch all the races, enjoy them and hope Ferrari gets a bunch of podiums and Leclerc and Sainz make us proud, count down the poles Ham needs to hit 100 and hope Max beats the Mercs if we can't.

let's hope this will happen if our boys can't do anyghing about the situation being crippled by a weak ferrari......

Sounds like Ferrari spent their tokens on the gearbox and rear of the car to get more downforce & efficiency.

Sebastien Vettel: "I want more rear downforce!"
    Ferrari: "here is some new extra front downforce"

Seb out, Carlos in
    Ferrari: "here is some new extra rear downforce"

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Sounds like Ferrari spent their tokens on the gearbox and rear of the car to get more downforce & efficiency.

Sebastien Vettel: "I want more rear downforce!"
    Ferrari: "here is some new extra front downforce"

Seb out, Carlos in
    Ferrari: "here is some new extra rear downforce"
    There's no extra downforce in the rear. The only reason they modified the rear is because of the minor regs change in 2021 which decreased the downforce on the rear for current cars, they spent the tokens to recover the lost downforce. The SF21 probably has less rear downforce than the SF1000. Maybe the overall downforce might've increased but the rear definitely has lost some downforce.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so from 30 it was rumored over teh winter to ONLY 20?????????? That's a kick in the pants for all of us fans, NO???

i guess we'll finish 4th or 5th in the WCC this year if we're lucky.........harry poter will get the boot mid season.....great, can't wait for the season to start
    You're missing one thing. These are just bloody rumours. 2-3 weeks ago, the media claimed that Ferrari made a huge gain and would likely be back in contention with the Mercs. These folks are firing bullets in all directions so that whichever one ends up being close to reality, they can simply pretend that that's what they've been saying the whole time.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher