Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    i did not say that !. this only shows that we made the biggest leap forward compared to any other team.

last year if you remember we were 2-2.5s per lap slower in race pace than merc and redbull. we were lapped almost every race.

its not all rainbows and unicorns of course but a significance progress was made
    Last year, Bahrein was one of our worst tracks. We can look forward to the next races where we can have better results. It s going to be much closer at the front this year and hamilton won t run away with the championship this year.
    Can t wait to see how we compare to Mercedes at Imola. Mercedes lost alot of time in the curves and it s going to get worst at imola unless they find a solution to rear downforce lost with the floor.

I really don't understand how Ferrari and Renault were OK with power unit development freeze. Mercedes and Honda are miles ahead and they will even bring upgrades to 2022 season.

Ferrari will have in 2022 very very good engine …

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    I really don't understand how Ferrari and Renault were OK with power unit development freeze. Mercedes and Honda are miles ahead and they will even bring upgrades to 2022 season.
    Let's wait and see how the year unfolds engine wise. That say that we where quite conservative with engine maps in Bahrain to be safe for some reliability concerns. If (as they say ) it isn't any serious and can be turned up,then we will see where we are compare to the others!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Perez is solid proof that drivers have something to do with winning and bringing in points for their team. Careful with tire wear and a good pit stop are right op there with all the areo etc. talk. Oh! And HP !

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    If you put it that way, then things starts to look really good.
    Yes, it was close fight with Mercedes, only 59 sec behind, exciting year ahead.

I am going to stop now.
    Good idea.
    Rules were made to hamper the pace of the cars, Ferrari lost the less and in that way it has closed part of the gap.
    Your negativity is tiresome to say the least.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Ferrari is here to challenge for the podiums this 2021 season. Besides the color of the car; every other detail always seems in question again. I believe the drivers will be the answer to podium finishes. Charles 23 yrs old , Carlos 26 yrs old. Carlos finished 6th, Charles 8th. I believe neither driver wants to give up their Ferrari seat for a long time; being young enough to stick around. Treat them both as #1 and watch the points WCC come in! At their age 22 more races is a gift not a problem. Making the pit stops a main concern will be a big factor to consider. I wonder if the pit crew for any of the teams would have a favorite driver?

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Good idea.
    Rules were made to hamper the pace of the cars, Ferrari lost the less and in that way it has closed part of the gap.
    Your negativity is tiresome to say the least.
    Yeah, I know, and I am sorry about that, but it is difficult to be happy and optimistic, when reality is what it is. P5 is a new success for us, I just dont like that.

Will the SF21 receive updates in the following GP's?
    If so, does anyone have any idea what updates those might be?

Really hyped for the Ferrari V. McMerc V. AMR Merc V. Alopine battle this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Will the SF21 receive updates in the following GP's?
    If so, does anyone have any idea what updates those might be?

Really hyped for the Ferrari V. McMerc V. AMR Merc V. Alopine battle this year!
    yes it will, track specific updates and fixes for what they learned from the first race.

Driver updates on how the car handled during practices and after each race is also as important .

Are there any Engine specific updates for this year?

Don’t think so as the engines have been locked/frozen for the entire year...so the remainder 2 engines will be the same spec I’m afraid

2022 will be the last engine update all manufacturers will be able to introduce before the BIG FREEZE starts as we cannot update or modify the engine until the new engine formula comes into effect in 2025....

SO FERRARI BETTER GET THIS 2022 ENGINE RIGHT.....otherwise us fans will be in a lot of pain watching our team play second fiddle to Merc and Honda for a few more years

Yes, engine manufacturers are allowed to spend already allocated tokens on upgrading the electronics and energy harvesting components. But the ICE itself can't be upgraded in-season.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yes, engine manufacturers are allowed to spend already allocated tokens on upgrading the electronics and energy harvesting components. But the ICE itself can't be upgraded in-season.
    The ERS, MGU-K, MGU-H systems are maxed out as far as output is concerned regarding joules or KW or hp.

Ferrari, along with Renault, are lacking in the ICE dept.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

To the questions relating to upgrade tokens, is Haas able to use their balance to upgrade PU components while the rest of the Ferrari engines continue using the current spec.

If this I possible, tokens may be useful, to evaluate 2022 components.

Ps - I am not sure if there is any relevant carry over to new regs.

Quote Originally Posted by kshitijmalkan View Post
    To the questions relating to upgrade tokens, is Haas able to use their balance to upgrade PU components while the rest of the Ferrari engines continue using the current spec.

If this I possible, tokens may be useful, to evaluate 2022 components.

Ps - I am not sure if there is any relevant carry over to new regs.
    No. Once they started FP1 at the 1st race that's the engine spec frozen for them for the season. Same with 2 tokens they didnt spend. Once started FP1 those tokens cannot be used the token areas of the car are frozen to the spec they started the season with.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The ERS, MGU-K, MGU-H systems are maxed out as far as output is concerned regarding joules or KW or hp.

Ferrari, along with Renault, are lacking in the ICE dept.
    MGU-H is not limited but battery store is. They have gone for a smaller turbo this year to get faster charge from MGU-H as they were deficient in this area. It's not completely ICE.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    MGU-H is not limited but battery store is. They have gone for a smaller turbo this year to get faster charge from MGU-H as they were deficient in this area. It's not completely ICE.
    It's not only charge, MGU-H output going directly to the MGU-K has no limit during a lap or race.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Yeah, I know, and I am sorry about that, but it is difficult to be happy and optimistic, when reality is what it is. P5 is a new success for us, I just dont like that.
    When you come from last year when Ferrari at times had troubles fighting with the likes of Alfa, you need to understand that what we saw in Bahrain which is a powertrack is quite promising and not a reason to go cry.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    When you come from last year when Ferrari at times had troubles fighting with the likes of Alfa, you need to understand that what we saw in Bahrain which is a powertrack is quite promising and not a reason to go cry.
    We’ve made a good progress from last year, but still we finished 58+ seconds behind the fight between Max and Lewis.....that is still depressing....but I REALLY hope ferrari will put all their resources into 2022 project and soon....if we are to have a chance at fighting up front next year...

I hope Sainz and Charles are thinking like I am, the next 22 races; not 2022 for podiums .

No. Once they started FP1 at the 1st race that's the engine spec frozen for them for the season. Same with 2 tokens they didnt spend. Once started FP1 those tokens cannot be used the token areas of the car are frozen to the spec they started the season with.
    That's very important. So a team can't even use their tokens whenever they want to. It must be before the start of the season?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Let's wait and see how the year unfolds engine wise. That say that we where quite conservative with engine maps in Bahrain to be safe for some reliability concerns. If (as they say ) it isn't any serious and can be turned up,then we will see where we are compare to the others!!!!
    I also don't get it. Why would you do that to yourself? But then again, didn't Ferrari insist on some kind of catchup clauses?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Low DF rear wing for Imola

Everybody(social)was talking about some upgrades that we suppose to have here, and till now we only have front/rear wings track related. Almost all the others have new bits here and there!!!!
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 15th April 2021 at 18:51.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I read on a German site that in Portugal we will have floor updates aswell.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Everybody(social)was talking about some upgrades that we suppose to have here, and till now we only have front/rear wings track related. Almost all the others have new bits here and there!!!!
    Some people seem to think the hot air outlets at the back are tighter judging on the images. Personally I cannot tell from these angles.

Some people seem to think the hot air outlets at the back are tighter judging on the images. Personally I cannot tell from these angles.
    Yup, the engine cover is indeed tighter. Probably because of the cooler temps.