Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242536 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Looks rubbish, hope it is. Fat piece along the midriff, sidepods tuck in tight at the back but has that big fat bit overlapping and the engine cover is huge. Maybe the modelled it retro style on Ron Dennis and Norbert Haags belies.
    Maybe it's just me but from the top view, that car looks to be really tight...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Correct. it's a tighter package-->from the air intake above the driver to the "coke-bottle" effect on the body due to the Mercedes PU. It's subtle.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Any news on the SF21?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

Not really when compared with the Ferrari. It has a lot of bulk up along the air intake. Look how small the tail fin is compared to Ferrari . Also coke bottle area not very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Not really when compared with the Ferrari. It has a lot of bulk up along the air intake. Look how small the tail fin is compared to Ferrari . Also coke bottle area not very impressive.
    Yeas Ferrari had a slimmer engine cover last year, but that’s because our rads were all jammed and compacted in the side pods hence for the small skinny air box.... but this year from the sneak peak of the air box it looks like ferrari may move some intercolers up top.... so we may see a NOT so big tail fin this year....I hope not, but we’ll see
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Seb is selling some of his Ferrari's plus some Mercedes

LaFerrari (2016)
    Ferrari Enzo (2004)
    Ferrari F50 (1996)
    Ferrari F12tdf (2016)
    Ferrari 458 Speciale (2015)

follow on instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLWp8hTg...=1lap2h85arqy7

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Seb is selling some of his Ferrari's plus some Mercedes

LaFerrari (2016)
    Ferrari Enzo (2004)
    Ferrari F50 (1996)
    Ferrari F12tdf (2016)
    Ferrari 458 Speciale (2015)

follow on instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLWp8hTg...=1lap2h85arqy7
    Ha, ha.....he can’t be that tight for money is he??.??
    Maybe he’s just bitter at the whole boot in the @ $ $ saga......lol
    So now he’s selling all ferrari’s he has.....what I wouldn’t give to afford an F40.....that’s such an iconic car....and so is the Enzo though
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    So now he’s selling all ferrari’s he has.....what I wouldn’t give to afford an F40.....that’s such an iconic car....and so is the Enzo though
    The F40 would be my choice as well.

I believe, this is just my opinion, it has to do with his carbon footprint. Lewis Hamilton sold his Bombadier private jet along with his supercars as well.

Times are changing. Yeah, love all his Ferrari collection. The SL65 Black Series is no slouch--->1000 Newton meters of torque!!!

Cars these days look like trains, compared to smaller and lighter cars from a few years ago we now have 150-200 kg more fat onboard...

I want smaller, lighter cars again.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Cars these days look like trains, compared to smaller and lighter cars from a few years ago we now have 150-200 kg more fat onboard...

I want smaller, lighter cars again.
    True that. From 2000 to 2006 WAS THE BEST F1 cars IMO.

I would take the F40 as well! Who in their right mind would sell these cars? I don't care how much Ferrari hurt you, you keep these cars! Unbelievable
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I would take the F40 as well! Who in their right mind would sell these cars? I don't care how much Ferrari hurt you, you keep these cars! Unbelievable
    I’m with ya mate....I just purely LOVE the F40....it’s been my dream car ever since I was in my early teens....I even had ( and still do, it’s in my garage now) an F40 3.5x2.5 feet poster in my garage....

I also like the LaFerrari don’t get me wrong.....but as true ICON legend cars, the F40 and the Enzo are the best cars ever made....and I would give a left nut to own one....lol

I’m with ya mate....I just purely LOVE the F40....it’s been my dream car ever since I was in my early teens....I even had ( and still do, it’s in my garage now) an F40 3.5x2.5 feet poster in my garage....

I also like the LaFerrari don’t get me wrong.....but as true ICON legend cars, the F40 and the Enzo are the best cars ever made....and I would give a left nut to own one....lol
    LMAO - I have the Bburago diecast of the F40, among many others. There are many special Ferrari's that I dream of owning...
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

LMAO - I have the Bburago diecast of the F40, among many others. There are many special Ferrari's that I dream of owning...
    Hey, if yiu cant dream about it from time to time, what else is there??

Hey, I just noticed that you joined this awesome forum same month and year as I did.....and you’re pretty close to where I live....too funny

Who in their right mind would sell these cars? I don't care how much Ferrari hurt you, you keep these cars! Unbelievable
    Again, it's the optics. 2 F1 drivers at the top of the F1 salary food chain selling their "carbon emitting" vehicles and jet.

Me personally, I would never sell those vehicles.

Seb is cleaning out the closet its a form of purging ones self, similar to a relationship breakdown.New direction fresh start.Regardless he won't be selling them cheaply big dollars here regardless of the relationship breakdown.

Hey, I just noticed that you joined this awesome forum same month and year as I did.....and you’re pretty close to where I live....too funny
    Lol what are the odds! Ya, we are pretty close geographically for sure...
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Really @

Again, it's the optics. 2 F1 drivers at the top of the F1 salary food chain selling their "carbon emitting" vehicles and jet.

Me personally, I would never sell those vehicles.
    Me neither. Could care less about optics. Cars aren't carbon emitters when they aren't running and if they're in my garage, no one sees them. A plane i can understand, can't just have one hanging around and not being used.

I believe, this is just my opinion, it has to do with his carbon footprint. Lewis Hamilton sold his Bombadier private jet along with his supercars as well.

Times are changing. Yeah, love all his Ferrari collection. The SL65 Black Series is no slouch--->1000 Newton meters of torque!!!
    Lol so they just shift the carbon to some place else at a hefty income? Earth heroes!
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Lol so they just shift the carbon to some place else at a hefty income? Earth heroes!
    That's what bothers me as well. If being carbon neutral is what he would've wanted, he would've scrapped those cars or at least, gotten rid of the engine and given to some museum or something.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    True but that someone else is'nt in the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    That's what bothers me as well. If being carbon neutral is what he would've wanted, he would've scrapped those cars or at least, gotten rid of the engine and given to some museum or something.
    Understood. Here in the states, one of our recent political figures who is a Presidential Envoy for Climate got attacked for flying around in his own private jet. (He married rich)

F1 is trying to be "green" among all the other things it's trying to do (racial equality, social justice, blah blah ala Lewis Hamilton). If you're in the top tier teams making all these millions and buying these carbon emitting vehicles for liesure and travel, the press and youtube will have a field day with you if they have'nt already.

Questions like "So Seb, your driving around in an F1 car that is a hybrid of electricity and ICE yet it emits less of a carbon footprint than say your Enzo or F50. Would you care to explain why you own these cars?"

No one is gonna ask these F1 drivers about their money and where there residence is and why they don't pay taxes in said country because their residence is in a tax haven country where they pay less taxes.

When your in the spotlight you're judged by the media and we all know the media and SMN (social media networks) can be cruel.

If your the average rich, wealthy customer whom remains to be out of the spotlight......have at it to your hearts content I say.

Ferrari spends three days in Jerez with 18-inch Pirellis

The Cavallino team will open the 30-day test that the FIA ​​has granted to the Milanese manufacturer to develop the lowered tires that will be used next year on the ground-effect single-seaters. On Monday, 18 slick tires will be tested on the "mule car" and the wet ones over the next two days. At the wheel of the SF90, Leclerc and Sainz will take turns, half a day each.

The long 18-inch tire development program planned by Pirelli during 2021 (30 days in total) will kick off next Monday at the Jerez circuit.

Ferrari will take to the track, using the SF90 set up according to the specifications required for fitting the new size tires that will be introduced in Formula 1 starting in 2022.

The program normally involves the use of both slick and wet tires, but the Jerez circuit is not equipped with a system that provides for the possibility of wetting the asphalt, so it will be necessary to use the tankers regularly to keep the level of the road constant. 'water.

There are three working days scheduled: Monday with slicks, Tuesday and Wednesday with rain.

Last year, again in Jerez, Ferrari called up Charles Leclerc, while in Spain the two drivers, the Monegasque and Carlos Sainz, will alternate for half a day each.

The final calendar of Pirelli tests will be announced in the coming days, and will include several scheduled post-Grand Prix sessions on the tracks where the World Championship will stop. After the start of the season, the teams will be authorized to field the 2021 single-seaters for these tests (suitably modified in the suspensions) instead of the 'mule-cars' that can be used until the eve of the Bahrain GP.

It is still unclear how many teams will take advantage of this possibility, apart from McLaren which has no alternative due to the switch to the Mercedes engine which makes its 2019/20 cars equipped with the Renault power unit unusable
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Sometimes its hard to believe he's a 7 time F1 WDC

lh.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DefaultSettings View Post
    Sometimes its hard to believe he's a 7 time F1 WDC

lh.jpg
    Real or fake?

That's the look 2 chains will have when he gets beaten now we need a picture of a beaten angry wolf cant wait.

The Red Bull RB16B (Looks exactly the same as last year)

Well in all seriousness. Red fools were pretty quick last year....the only team that gave a Merc a run for their money....so it’s not like they needed to make any drastic changes.....I’m more worried about our team