Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252637 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    The Red Bull RB16B (Looks exactly the same as last year)

https://i.imgur.com/P1tQRaS.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/SWz80Np.jpg
    Come 1st GP race, it will be different car. This is absolutely nothing.

Rumour from Reddit : Mika Salo: "I dunno if it's a new engine but they're allowed to use it to its full power. Having to use less gas was their punishment for their cheating last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Rumour from Reddit : Mika Salo: "I dunno if it's a new engine but they're allowed to use it to its full power. Having to use less gas was their punishment for their cheating last year.
    Yiu mean in 2019 when we were cheating not last year....so what they’re trying to say is that we couldn’t use the engine we had last year to it’s full potential because the FIA put a restraint on us to use LESS gas ( due to the 2019 incident) hence we couldn’t show our full engine power potential ?.

I call this theory BS.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Well in all seriousness. Red fools were pretty quick last year....the only team that gave a Merc a run for their money....so it’s not like they needed to make any drastic changes.....I’m more worried about our team
    Best case scenario: 3rd or 4th in the constructors championship.
    Worst case scenario: 5th or 6th in the constructors championship.

I think we'd do much better than last year.
    But, we have to take into consideration the gains made by the Merc-powered teams (AMR & McLaren) and the strength of Alonso.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post

But, we have to take into consideration the gains made by the Merc-powered teams (AMR & McLaren) and the strength of Alonso.
    Worst case would be 10th in the constructors championship. Don’t underestimate Ferrari’s ability to succeed in failing.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Worst case would be 10th in the constructors championship. Don’t underestimate Ferrari’s ability to succeed in failing.
    I know
    But, realistically the worst-case scenario is finishing behind Alpha Tauri this season.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    It’s funny but sad at the same time
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Never assume anything it can make an **** of you me.It will all come out in the wash shortly.

Changes at Ferrari: "Mattia Binotto will miss several stages this year. Confirmed rumors about the team that will be presented on Friday. Laurent Mekies deputy team principal at the GPs. Inaki Rueda replaces him as Sports Director.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Changes at Ferrari: "Mattia Binotto will miss several stages this year. Confirmed rumors about the team that will be presented on Friday. Laurent Mekies deputy team principal at the GPs. Inaki Rueda replaces him as Sports Director.
    Do you think Mattia will be overseeing the development of the 2022 challenger?

Yes he will and probably with Rory Byrne and co.

Hopefully, Alonso will show not just his driving skills and also his strength at demotivating an entire team. Would be good for us
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Interesting developments at the rear for Sauber. It looks much slimmer than the C39.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Yes he will and probably with Rory Byrne and co.
    Yeah, and maybe we’ll finally see that special Rory Byrne floor in the 2022 car as well as the 3D steel printed pistons in the new engine before the freeze....

Ignore these below average at best has beens, they try too hard to stay relevant. Salo doesn't deserve any attention. What he's saying is ridiculous and it's quite sad seeing so many people here swallow such gospels as truth.

Now on to some serious discussion, Ferrari is returning to LeMans hyperclass. Great news.

https://www.gtplanet.net/ferrari-con...rcar-20210224/

I know some of you guys ware hoping for this....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

Hypercar in LeMans and F1!!!! So the Scuderia is going to take on 2 fronts when it has'nt won a WDC or WCC title in over a decade in F1!!............yeah......uh-huh......sure, why not.

Not to mention Porsche will join along with other heavy hitters.

I'll watch it but I'm not gonna get my hopes up for Ferrari in the hypercar class at LeMans.

Hypercar in LeMans and F1!!!! So the Scuderia is going to take on 2 fronts when it has'nt won a WDC or WCC title in over a decade in F1!!............yeah......uh-huh......sure, why not.

I'll watch it but I'm not gonna get my hopes up for Ferrari in the hypercar class at LeMans.
    Great support......
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

Great news, stefa, but I hope it won't impact their F1 efforts, Ferrari need to be resurrect their F1 form before diverting attention to the LMP-Hypercar series.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Great support......
    Ferrari's last win as a factory team at LeMans was 1965.

Ferrari will join in 2023 Porsche, Audi, and Toyota Gazoo Racing in the hypercar class...among others. These 3 teams are powerhouses in LeMans.....and know how to win.

It's great Ferrari will race at LeMans but I doubt heavily that they will win given their long history out of the sport as a factory team and the teams that will be present in 2023.

I'm being realistic.

This program will not effect the f1. So everyone who worrying about f1 no need.

As for jgonzalesm6 worrying about porsche. They have entered lmpdh. Which is imsa based category, and those regs, cars are pretty much dpi cars, or what we calling them lmp2.5. Hypercar class is, lets say the higher class. But, they all will be bop out at le mans to race together. The only time, at moment for 2023 ferrari will race porsche will be at le mans. What they and is building, complete different.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Ferrari's last win as a factory team at LeMans was 1965.

Ferrari will join in 2023 Porsche, Audi, and Toyota Gazoo Racing in the hypercar class...among others. These 3 teams are powerhouses in LeMans.....and know how to win.

It's great Ferrari will race at LeMans but I doubt heavily that they will win given their long history out of the sport as a factory team and the teams that will be present in 2023.

I'm being realistic.
    Well we shall see, doom and gloom only lasts so long...When did Audi, Porsche or Toyota last win a F1 title......works both ways.
    Forza Ferrari

The Lemans entry is due to F1 budget cap, staff would have to be made redundant, awkward to do so re purposed some staff to LeMans effort. Also Ferrari are practically building Hass now with more staff they have to split off from F1 due to budget cap.

BOP is worrying with Germans about, they've gone for the cheaper slower alternative and will likely do that German thing of being manipulative and use the BOP to their advantage but with big hitters in the hypercar class and putting more money in maybe the Germans lose out this time with their dodgy politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Well we shall see, doom and gloom only lasts so long...When did Audi, Porsche or Toyota last win a F1 title......works both ways.
    EXACTLY!!!!

They were out of their element and have yet to return to F1. They've done well at LeMans winning numerous titles.

Ferrari is only going to Le Mans because they simply can't fire half of their staff due to the implementation of the budget cap. The Italian law would make it tough for employers to fire them, especially in covid times.

Do you think Mattia will be overseeing the development of the 2022 challenger?
    There is no other reason why he would stay back. As much as people like to talk trash about him, one mustn't forget that he is a genius who was heavily involved in engine building from the beginning of Schumacher's dominance. He is an extremely good engineer no matter what people say.

Any updates on Ferrari possibly competing in IndyCar?

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Any updates on Ferrari possibly competing in IndyCar?
    no longer a part of Ferrari's plans. Confirmed by Binotto himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    dumbass punishment if true.