Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272839 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    But let's not forget that Ferrari had a very quick car in 2017, 2018 and 2019 with the same nose. Not saying there isn't a benefit in a slim nose but maybe it doesn't impact the car as much as other areas.. maybe it doesn't impact our car as much as other areas.
    We were only quick mate in those years cause we tricked the fuel sensor.....yeah I think it all started in 2017....then we went over board in 2019 and got caught with our pants down....like of course it’s gonna raise brows when you gain more than a second on the straights....especially nowadays when all teams have GPS trackers and spy on other teams....I sort have knew we were NOT doing anything legal there....anybody with a working brain can figure that $@#/ out
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Sadly me thinks that Vettel with that cucumber green Merc will prolly be on the podium places this year....don’t know if I can say the same with our drivers....hopefully Harry Potter was right to spend them tokens on the rear of the car rather then to have a slim nose.....time will tell
    Because having a slim nose ala Mercedes means having more power from the engine and what not? Really I don't get your reasoning. What's the point of being obsessed with slim/fat nose. Nose isn't some definitive part that makes the car fastest/slowest.

With the current floor restriction, it's natural to spend tokens on the rear of the car. The underfloor is the most efficient way to create downforce, so teams have to modify the rear end of the car. And they can't do that without spending tokens.

And you've already made up your mind about the pecking order, so I don't see what else the time can tell you.

And it's also getting a bit annoying with all these rubbish conspiracy theories about the fuel flow or what not regarding the 2019 and 2020 engine.

In 2019 after the FIA announcement, Ferrari didn't lose any engine power. Leclerc was qualified P2 at Mexico and got the pole because of Verstappen's penalty. And he would've won that race if not for Ferrari's yet another strategic blunder. Leclerc was also finished P3 in Abu Dhabi, and the reason was obvious. Ferrari was the fastest car in both S1 and S2, but gave away 7-9 tenths per lap to Mercedes in the final sector.

The reasons for our struggle in 2020 were obvious. Italy had a horrendous time last year due to Covid, the whole country was under lockdown. Ferrari were forced to shut down the factory from January (last week) to April (first week), the most important months. And new rule sets had been introduced due to the covid. A mid season engine freeze had been adopted. So unlike the Mercedes or Honda or Renault, who have had new engine specs available at Austria, the first race weekend of 2020, Ferrari were forced to run the entire season with their winter spec 2020 engine.

Ferrari changing drivers could very well be the move to the podiums. And if the more HP is true. 2021 races can't come soon enough!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Ferrari changing drivers could very well be the move to the podiums. And if the more HP is true. 2021 races can't come soon enough!!
    hope you're right....but the way i see it, 1st and 2nd spot will be occupied by Hamster and butler.....and last one will be between Max, Vettel (with the green merc) and hopefully one of our drivers.....but i'll revisit that once we have some running in the first 2-3 races.....as i'm not gonna get too excited about winter tests as teams tend to NOT show their full hand....unless yuo are Ferrari and then you fall flat on your face come season start

dont' fool yourself, Honda has brought their final engine push forward to 2021 instead of 2022 so i think they'll be strong especially with Max.....ferrari keeps blabbing about increase in HP, but how much???? i'll believe it after the Q3 in Bahrain.....or more importantly after the first 2-3 races and only then we'll see where we stack up against teh competition
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

The nose is the least of my concerns.
    Suspension? Ferrari is ages behind Merc and RB.
    Tyre management? Same
    Pit stops? They are tragic.
    I mean, they didn't even try to fix the issue they had!

I hope that 2021 is a year with zero mistakes from the pit wall, better pit stops and generally better race management. Otherwise, 2022 will be just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And it's also getting a bit annoying with all these rubbish conspiracy theories about the fuel flow or what not regarding the 2019 and 2020 engine.

In 2019 after the FIA announcement, Ferrari didn't lose any engine power. Leclerc was qualified P2 at Mexico and got the pole because of Verstappen's penalty. And he would've won that race if not for Ferrari's yet another strategic blunder. Leclerc was also finished P3 in Abu Dhabi, and the reason was obvious. Ferrari was the fastest car in both S1 and S2, but gave away 7-9 tenths per lap to Mercedes in the final sector.

The reasons for our struggle in 2020 were obvious. Italy had a horrendous time last year due to Covid, the whole country was under lockdown. Ferrari were forced to shut down the factory from January (last week) to April (first week), the most important months. And new rule sets had been introduced due to the covid. A mid season engine freeze had been adopted. So unlike the Mercedes or Honda or Renault, who have had new engine specs available at Austria, the first race weekend of 2020, Ferrari were forced to run the entire season with their winter spec 2020 engine.
    Third on the podium will be a tight fight between Bottas, the RBRs, the AMRs, the McMercs, and finally us.
    Pretty sure we'll finish either 4th or 5th in the WCC.
    WDC will be hard to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Third on the podium will be a tight fight between Bottas, the RBRs, the AMRs, the McMercs, and finally us.
    Pretty sure we'll finish either 4th or 5th in the WCC.
    WDC will be hard to guess.
    If it's already set in stone, then what's the point at following this years championship?

They are many here who don't dwell on pointless pessimism and what not. We are going to remain optimistic and speculate about Ferrari's chances this year, those who have already made up their mind can concentrate on 2022.

New livery for HAAS.

American team in Russian colors

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    New livery for HAAS.
    http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/at...tid=7783&stc=1
    I was about to say it. I wonder how excited are the U.S. fans seeing their team dressed up in Russian colors.

Being optimistic is the way foward.

New livery for HAAS.
    Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post
    I was about to say it. I wonder how excited are the U.S. fans seeing their team dressed up in Russian colors.

I bet Mazepin's father buys the team from HAAS since he did'nt get Force India aka Racing Point aka AMF1 under administration AND tried to sue Lawerence Stroll over the deal. Mazepin has a rich daddy like Stroll Jr.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

New livery for HAAS.
    Wasn't the Russian flag banned from ALL world championships for 2 years after their shenanigans with doping?
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Wasn't the Russian flag banned from ALL world championships for 2 years after their shenanigans with doping?
    Athletes can't participate under the Russian flag. I don't know about cars.

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post
    Athletes can't participate under the Russian flag. I don't know about cars.
    2 years.....and yes it includes Mazepin as well.

Friends, question. Does anyone have F1 TV subscription? Is it worth the money? I remember last year someone posted promo code here...

https://formulaspy.com/f1/wada-confi...1-livery-73937

The WADA have caught wind of Haas's livery shenanigans.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Friends, question. Does anyone have F1 TV subscription? Is it worth the money? I remember last year someone posted promo code here...
    I've had to buy Sky subscription since we lost coverage on terrestrial TV, our TV/Broadband/phone line is all with Sky and last year they reduced the F1 fee to £10 per month, I only have Sky to get the live F1 coverage so it was worth it. It has just been increased to £20 per month (I don't have Sky Sports for football etc)) in addition to the cost of the TV/Broadband/phone line, so we are paying a lot of money each month but it is the only way to watch F1 and to me it's worth it, as long as I don't have to witness Ferrari failing us yet again! I have no idea about technology or other ways to watch live F1, but there are some clever people who manage to find a way! I think there is a way to get coverage by paying per weekend with NowTV which was available in the UK, so there's a chance that you could investigate that, but being in Serbia, I'm not sure this will be much help to you. Cheers Stefa.

F1TV is worth it when it works, they do tend to have technical issues during the more popular race weekends :( but who knows maybe they will finally sort it out this year.
    But occasional technical issues aside, they do provide some nice things beyond live F1 weekends and that includes F2, F3, a nice back catalog of classic races and they do live winter testing too which is surprisingly nice to have running in the background.
    I also like the fact that I can switch away from the horrid SkyF1 commentary and instead listed to the pit lane channel or have no commentary at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I've had to buy Sky subscription since we lost coverage on terrestrial TV, our TV/Broadband/phone line is all with Sky and last year they reduced the F1 fee to £10 per month, I only have Sky to get the live F1 coverage so it was worth it. It has just been increased to £20 per month (I don't have Sky Sports for football etc)) in addition to the cost of the TV/Broadband/phone line, so we are paying a lot of money each month but it is the only way to watch F1 and to me it's worth it, as long as I don't have to witness Ferrari failing us yet again! I have no idea about technology or other ways to watch live F1, but there are some clever people who manage to find a way! I think there is a way to get coverage by paying per weekend with NowTV which was available in the UK, so there's a chance that you could investigate that, but being in Serbia, I'm not sure this will be much help to you. Cheers Stefa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    F1TV is worth it when it works, they do tend to have technical issues during the more popular race weekends :( but who knows maybe they will finally sort it out this year.
    But occasional technical issues aside, they do provide some nice things beyond live F1 weekends and that includes F2, F3, a nice back catalog of classic races and they do live winter testing too which is surprisingly nice to have running in the background.
    I also like the fact that I can switch away from the horrid SkyF1 commentary and instead listed to the pit lane channel or have no commentary at all.
    Thank you so much!

https://formulaspy.com/f1/wada-confi...1-livery-73937

The WADA have caught wind of Haas's livery shenanigans.
    Gene HAAS must be shaking his head. Mazepin Sr. along with kid and country are a drama scene.

Aston Martin will supply the safety car and medical car.

Portimao is back on the calender--> end of April beginning of May.

I think they are not allowed to show a national symbol or flag to represent the participants under.

The colours of the car while distinctly represent the Russian colours do not represent the country, but rather just colours on the car.

In many ways, it's a bit like Ferrari keeping it's car red and having no ads in distinct locations with the subtext of representing Marlboro, while not actually advertising, thus keeping within the law.

The design and resultant WADA investigation is probably just a over excited pen pusher! He/she will probably get a few calls to shut up and all of this will blow over.

I think they are not allowed to show a national symbol or flag to represent the participants under.

The colours of the car while distinctly represent the Russian colours do not represent the country, but rather just colours on the car.

In many ways, it's a bit like Ferrari keeping it's car red and having no ads in distinct locations with the subtext of representing Marlboro, while not actually advertising, thus keeping within the law.

The design and resultant WADA investigation is probably just a over excited pen pusher! He/she will probably get a few calls to shut up and all of this will blow over.

Rumors are circulating (in Italian) that Binotto is out of Scuderia Ferrari.

Nothing confirmed yet from Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Can you give a source? I couldn't find anything.

Can you give a source? I couldn't find anything.
    All over Reddit and Instagram...not sure how reliable these sources are. Apparently some Czech GT driver is spreading this rumor.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co..._ferrari_team/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

bout time he got the boot.....at least from the TP role i hope....he's totally parallel with that responsibility.....a very good engineer though.....but NOT at running "the show".as a team principle...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    bout time he got the boot.....at least from the TP role i hope....he's totally parallel with that responsibility.....a very good engineer though.....but NOT at running "the show".as a team principle...
    If it turns out to be true it would be a bad time to do it...right before the launch, testing and season opener? That would lead me to believe that he has already made mistakes with this years challenger. I hope that’s not the case, Ferrari needs stability, especially before 2022. When there’s smoke there’s usually fire.
    Last edited by ferrari1.8t; 6th March 2021 at 01:34.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    If it turns out to be true it would be a bad time to do it...right before the launch, testing and season opener? That would lead me to believe that he has already made mistakes with this years challenger. I hope that’s not the case. When there’s smoke there’s usually fire.
    yeah, for the fan's sake as well as ferrari in general, i hope it's just a rumor.....dont' know how trustworthy reddit is....but yeah, iike you said.....where there's smoke there usually is fire......

which means he's prolly messed up this years contender BIG TIME.....but the car hasn't even turned a wheel yet, how would they know that it may be bad....unless it's got something to do with the "new" engine and the numbers that it's giving being WELL below par....or expectations....

"Rumor" is from a random guy who drove for Scuderia Praha GT once, a subsidiary of Ferrari that doesn’t even race on any of the important GT Series. It's rather implausible that a Ferrari's subsidiary GT driver would know about the goings on in the F1 division, that an employee of a customer of the GT division would have classified F1 knowledge. So as usual, heavy load of BS. And hopefully this guy gets fired.

Binotto joined the FIA council as a Ferrari representative today. He has the backing from everyone inside Ferrari, he's not going anywhere.

And most importantly, as I've seen some prime example already, don't be a fool. Don't believe everything like a brainless cow, use your brain.