Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303142 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    This is the most conceited thing I've read today. Not surprised at all that this would come from Bernie's mouth. The issue of racism is not for Bernie to dictate. It's far bigger and more historic than him. He doesn't decide whether there is or isn't racism in F1. Since when is the presence of racism something that one man decides on? I for one don't care that he disagrees. The fact is that racism is an age old problem and we've had enough of it. Bernie is just one white man who has no idea what the hell he's talking about when it comes to this.
    I think you mis-understood. Bernie is'nt saying racism does'nt exist "outside of F1." Bernie IS saying to keep the "politics" or "racism" out of F1.

People want to watch F1 for the drivers and racing.....not all this "kneeling, racial inequality, BLM" mumbo jumbo.

Look at the NBA with all there "BLM, racial inequality, social justice" mumbo jumbo. Veiwership has taken a NOSE DIVE and that's because more people were at home due to the pandemic.

People that watch sports just want to watch the sports. Leave the social messaging or political messaging out of it.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    What the hell did I just read?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Dont really see that as an example of his anti Ferrari bias (which does exist). Just Kravitz talking out his backside without really saying anything.

All Ferrari has to do is perform like Ferrari.

I think Ferrari haters are in for a surprise this years. The engine is massively improved and according to Leclerc, the SF21 is better than the SF1000 in corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    What the hell did I just read?
    Truth? One more year pain and misery, for sure. But, it is what it is.

First year Binotto: It is not my car, Arrivabene is to blame.
    Second year Binotto: We’re trying to understand the car.

Third year Binotto: ?

When Binotto took Arrivabenes job, someone here wrote: He is proven tech genius.
    And that genius did build a car that was worst in Ferraris history so far as I can remember, and this year everything should be totally different, I dont think so.

Arrivabene was in charge, we were fighting WCC and WDC, with this guy, we start races from P15 and P13, I am just so mad, yes, another year pain and misery, for sure.

As Murray Walker would have said, anything could happen and it probably will. This season should be interesting and as always we tifosi live in hope that we can be competitive, that would be an improvement on 2020, and maybe we'll spring a surprise or two but the competition is fiercer than ever all through the field. Optimism isn't my forte, however.

I lost all hope last year, and dont see any hope, as long as this guy is in charge. He can talk, but that is all. You`ll see.

LMAO. Arrivabene wasn't in charge of anything. It was SM who was calling the shots. Binotto would've become the TP regardless because SM wanted him as the TP. Just like he wanted Leclerc to replace Raikkonen. Arrivabene was in Ferrari only because of the tobacco sponsorship.

And speaking of WDC/WCC, Red Bull haven't had any true tittle challenge since 2013. But I don't see them sacking their engineers left-right.

Had Binotto got the boot, he would've ended up at Mercedes. So I'm glad that Ferrari has learned their lesson from Aldo Costa sacking.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    As Murray Walker would have said, anything could happen and it probably will. This season should be interesting and as always we tifosi live in hope that we can be competitive, that would be an improvement on 2020, and maybe we'll spring a surprise or two but the competition is fiercer than ever all through the field. Optimism isn't my forte, however.
    You're right to be optimistic wisepie. Plenty of people, including some so called Ferrari fans here, think we will be the 6/7th fastest team this year. I think they are in for a rude awakening.

SF21 is going to be a massive improvement over the SF1000. And we have Leclerc. Leclerc himself can add few extra tenths to any car he's driving.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    You're right to be optimistic wisepie. Plenty of people, including some so called Ferrari fans here, think we will be the 6/7th fastest team this year. I think they are in for a rude awakening.

SF21 is going to be a massive improvement over the SF1000. And we have Leclerc. Leclerc himself can add few extra tenths to any car he's driving.
    I agree, I believe Ferrari will surprise this year. They are quietly optimistic and I like the silence. Let the results on track do the talking. I have a feeling Binotto used the clarifications/directives given after our settlement to refine what we were doing in 2019 with our engine. I personally cant wait for Q3 and for the race!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Had Binotto got the boot, he would've ended up at Mercedes. So I'm glad that Ferrari has learned their lesson from Aldo Costa sacking.
    Of course, with all the money and resources, he did build sixth fastest car, I am sure Mercedes really really want him.
    Anyways, sad that Charles and Carlos losing few prime years here with Binotto.

LMAO. Arrivabene wasn't in charge of anything. It was SM who was calling the shots. Binotto would've become the TP regardless because SM wanted him as the TP.
    Actually Camilleri was CEO when Binotto gave his ultimatum.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I think you mis-understood. Bernie is'nt saying racism does'nt exist "outside of F1." Bernie IS saying to keep the "politics" or "racism" out of F1.

People want to watch F1 for the drivers and racing.....not all this "kneeling, racial inequality, BLM" mumbo jumbo.

Look at the NBA with all there "BLM, racial inequality, social justice" mumbo jumbo. Veiwership has taken a NOSE DIVE and that's because more people were at home due to the pandemic.

People that watch sports just want to watch the sports. Leave the social messaging or political messaging out of it.
    Oh no, I understood.
    Among other things, Bernie is saying there's no racism inside F1. My response to that applies. As for what people want, if people have a problem with addressing a global issue that has no bounds (ie that easily infiltrates the same sports that people want to watch) then said people should check themselves! It doesn't hurt anyone to address such a global issue for a few minutes in the process of watching their sport, except the people who in the deep corners of their hearts don't really want said issue addressed.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Oh no, I understood.
    Among other things, Bernie is saying there's no racism inside F1. My response to that applies. As for what people want, if people have a problem with addressing a global issue that has no bounds (ie that easily infiltrates the same sports that people want to watch) then said people should check themselves! It doesn't hurt anyone to address such a global issue for a few minutes in the process of watching their sport, except the people who in the deep corners of their hearts don't really want said issue addressed.
    F1 requires the brightest minds...especially in engineering(structural, mechanical, aerodynamics, fluid, computational). Unfortunately, no alot of blacks excel in those specific areas in F1.....let alone F1 drivers.

Mercedes Benz car manufacturing facilities employs less than 5% of blacks in it's entire workforce. I'm sure the same can be said for Renault, and Honda.

Ferrari--> when was the last time you have ever seen an original born black person in Italy speaking Italian in F1??? I have'nt.

Just calling a spade-a-spade.

The same holds true for big tech with regards to blacks in the workforce when it comes to GOOGLE, Facebook, Twitter when it comes to coding and software programs.

What Lewis wants in F1 is a HERCULIAN task......from his people and from the Manufacturers and teams in F1.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 26th March 2021 at 08:58.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Of course, with all the money and resources, he did build sixth fastest car, I am sure Mercedes really really want him.
    Anyways, sad that Charles and Carlos losing few prime years here with Binotto.
    LOL. One man can't build an entire F1 car. With such vague understanding of F1, it's not surprising to see why your posts seem like a 12 year old's angst writing.

And if you were actually a Ferrari fan, you would've known the reasons for our struggle last year. So cut out the trolling and go somewhere else.

Actually Camilleri was CEO when Binotto gave his ultimatum.
    What ultimatum? Have you been present to any such occurrence when Binotto gave "ultimatum" to Ferrari? Or are you just pulling words out of your back side?

SM was the chairman and it was his decision to promote Binotto as the TP and replace Raikkonen with Leclerc. After his unfortunate passing, Ferrari simply followed his wishes.

What ultimatum? Have you been present to any such occurrence when Binotto gave "ultimatum" to Ferrari? Or are you just pulling words out of your back side?

SM was the chairman and it was his decision to promote Binotto as the TP and replace Raikkonen with Leclerc. After his unfortunate passing, Ferrari simply followed his wishes.
    Binotto DID give an "ulimatum" to Ferrari. He said either he(Arrivabene) goes or I go. Ferrari chose Binotto over Arrivabene.

Binotto DID give an "ulimatum" to Ferrari. He said either he(Arrivabene) goes or I go. Ferrari chose Binotto over Arrivabene.
    Is there any concrete proof of his "ultimatum"?

I'm 99.9% sure that this so called "ultimatum" is nothing but a hogwash made up by some bored Italian jouro, probably one of those Ferrari "insiders".

As far as I know, SM wanted Binotto to be our TP. Which is understandable because a cigarette marking guy is not really cut out to be a Ferrari TP. After all, Arrivabene had no influence when he was the TP. All the decisions were taken by Sergio Marchionne.

Is there any concrete proof of his "ultimatum"?

I'm 99.9% sure that this so called "ultimatum" is nothing but a hogwash made up by some bored Italian jouro, probably one of those Ferrari "insiders".

As far as I know, SM wanted Binotto to be our TP. Which is understandable because a cigarette marking guy is not really cut out to be a Ferrari TP. After all, Arrivabene had no influence when he was the TP. All the decisions were taken by Sergio Marchionne.
    Elkann made the decision with Binotto over Arrivabene.

I lost all hope last year, and dont see any hope, as long as this guy is in charge. He can talk, but that is all. You`ll see.
    Surely this year will be better?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

LMAO. Arrivabene wasn't in charge of anything. It was SM who was calling the shots. Binotto would've become the TP regardless because SM wanted him as the TP. Just like he wanted Leclerc to replace Raikkonen. Arrivabene was in Ferrari only because of the tobacco sponsorship.

And speaking of WDC/WCC, Red Bull haven't had any true tittle challenge since 2013. But I don't see them sacking their engineers left-right.

Regarding Red Bull, I take your point, but in all fairness, the RB team had won 4 titles by then, not to mention Newey's outstanding history. It's more understandable to stick with a proven combination than a new one.
    Forza Ferrari

I agree with this optimism!
    Forza Ferrari

F1 requires the brightest minds...especially in engineering(structural, mechanical, aerodynamics, fluid, computational). Unfortunately, no alot of blacks excel in those specific areas in F1.....let alone F1 drivers.

Mercedes Benz car manufacturing facilities employs less than 5% of blacks in it's entire workforce. I'm sure the same can be said for Renault, and Honda.

Ferrari--> when was the last time you have ever seen an original born black person in Italy speaking Italian in F1??? I have'nt.

Just calling a spade-a-spade.

The same holds true for big tech with regards to blacks in the workforce when it comes to GOOGLE, Facebook, Twitter when it comes to coding and software programs.

What Lewis wants in F1 is a HERCULIAN task......from his people and from the Manufacturers and teams in F1.
    I'll get back to this as soon as I have more time on my hands.
    Forza Ferrari

Surely this year will be better?
    It cannot be any worse, I think. 2017-2018 was exciting time, now we know it is not exciting for Ferrari fans, so we wait and suffer, maybe after Binotto something new comes up, hopefully.

I must admit though, after seeing how Binotto handled our drivers in 2019 my confidence in him took a dip.
    Forza Ferrari

After 2013, the formula changed to a turbo hybrid engine. Snce then, RedBull have been trying to sack the engine manufacturer only to retain them until HONDA came into the picture.

Honda have achieved more with then Toro Rosso and RedBull than with Mclaren.