Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819
Results 541 to 556 of 556

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

  1. #541
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    None of you said anything about this. But when I "threaten" to respond to it, only then do you go on about keeping politics out of TSN??? Please! Rather keep quiet once and for all. Don't be like the F1 stewards that change the rules mid-race!
    Quite honestly I'm here to talk about Ferrari, and not about talk bout BLM.
    It's really that simple.
    I do care bout racism, people that know me well enough know that there are two things that **** me off , racism and violence towards women and children;
    having said this, I don't think that a Ferrari forum is the place to discuss BLM issues; not unless the management of this forum says that it is.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  2. #542
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    566
    I stole this from F1technical :)

    https://www.formu1a.uno/ferrari-in-b...potra-ridursi/
    Lots of juicy info from formu1a.uno . Says Ferrari were running the PU conservatively last weekend

    The SF21 (even with Alfa, which, having a very efficient car, defended itself well in terms of top speeds) is the car that suffered the most from clipping in the last 200 full-throttle meters of the main straight. Second Mercedes. Red Bull much less. Defending itself very well in the other two straights

    Ferrari seems to have wanted (or had to) keep some HP at rest for an apparently cautious choice regarding reliability. He could have extracted further performance (0.150) from the PU setup and tuning on a track where this aspect is the most incisive.

    At the tests Ferrari were believed to be about 20 HP behind Mercedes (similar to Honda) , 4 tenths in Bahrain, it will be able to increase by 5 HP if it manages to solve small 'collateral problems', reaching a gap of 15 HP. It would be a great result. Provided that Mercedes does not quickly solve some small problems with the endothermic of its PU

  3. #543
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Quite honestly I'm here to talk about Ferrari, and not about talk bout BLM.
    It's really that simple.
    I do care bout racism, people that know me well enough know that there are two things that **** me off , racism and violence towards women and children;
    having said this, I don't think that a Ferrari forum is the place to discuss BLM issues; not unless the management of this forum says that it is.
    Quite honestly, I don't mind whether you want to talk about Ferrari or racism or nothing. My post, the one you replied to, was not about what you prefer to talk about, or trying to make you talk about things you don't want to talk about. In fact I even encouraged that people rather keep quiet. Maybe read it again to get the gist of it.
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  4. #544
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I stole this from F1technical :)

    https://www.formu1a.uno/ferrari-in-b...potra-ridursi/
    Lots of juicy info from formu1a.uno . Says Ferrari were running the PU conservatively last weekend

    The SF21 (even with Alfa, which, having a very efficient car, defended itself well in terms of top speeds) is the car that suffered the most from clipping in the last 200 full-throttle meters of the main straight. Second Mercedes. Red Bull much less. Defending itself very well in the other two straights

    Ferrari seems to have wanted (or had to) keep some HP at rest for an apparently cautious choice regarding reliability. He could have extracted further performance (0.150) from the PU setup and tuning on a track where this aspect is the most incisive.

    At the tests Ferrari were believed to be about 20 HP behind Mercedes (similar to Honda) , 4 tenths in Bahrain, it will be able to increase by 5 HP if it manages to solve small 'collateral problems', reaching a gap of 15 HP. It would be a great result. Provided that Mercedes does not quickly solve some small problems with the endothermic of its PU
    I'm interested to see how our car performs in a balanced track like Imola. If the aero is good enough and what your article says is true then we simply have a 2019 RedBull on our hands, except it's much easier to drive. I hope we win something this year, even VP of Ferrari thinks it isn't too far fetched.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  5. #545
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I stole this from F1technical :)

    https://www.formu1a.uno/ferrari-in-b...potra-ridursi/
    Lots of juicy info from formu1a.uno . Says Ferrari were running the PU conservatively last weekend

    The SF21 (even with Alfa, which, having a very efficient car, defended itself well in terms of top speeds) is the car that suffered the most from clipping in the last 200 full-throttle meters of the main straight. Second Mercedes. Red Bull much less. Defending itself very well in the other two straights

    Ferrari seems to have wanted (or had to) keep some HP at rest for an apparently cautious choice regarding reliability. He could have extracted further performance (0.150) from the PU setup and tuning on a track where this aspect is the most incisive.

    At the tests Ferrari were believed to be about 20 HP behind Mercedes (similar to Honda) , 4 tenths in Bahrain, it will be able to increase by 5 HP if it manages to solve small 'collateral problems', reaching a gap of 15 HP. It would be a great result. Provided that Mercedes does not quickly solve some small problems with the endothermic of its PU
    I guess it's better to be slow because of aero than to be slow because of the engine, because technically the aero can be fixed to some extent.
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  6. #546
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,112
    [AMuS]

    MERCEDES: GPS comparison shows that Mercedes lost time against Red Bull in Turn 2, 5, 6 and 10. So mainly in fast corners. And at the end of the straights. The Mercedes engine goes into "charging mode" earlier than the Honda engine. Last year it was the other way round.

    How long will it take Mercedes to catch up with Red Bull in terms of speed? It will take at least a month, according to Mercedes engineers.
    Then the first upgrade will arrive. A direct comparison with Red Bull will show whether it will be the only upgrade for 2021.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  7. #547
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,375
    Sir Lewis will sign to driver for NASCAR 20222 ? Is that possible?

  8. #548
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Sir Lewis will sign to driver for NASCAR 20222 ? Is that possible?
    Well it was April Fools, but I definitely would like the idea

    Imagine his face after getting wrecked by one of the madmen like Keselowski or Stenhouse while leading the Daytona 500

  9. #549
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,112
    Miami GP set for 2022 with a 10yr deal.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  10. #550
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,375
    I have to believe in Wolf's opinion and the rest of Merc people's opinion; that 9th place finish behind Bottas has far less influence on Russell's chances come contract time. He's still @ zero points with his car and team. And I"m glad both drivers came out safe. There's 20 more races to get a point. No need to have that crash.

  11. #551
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Posts
    189

    MIAMI

    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Miami GP set for 2022 with a 10yr deal.
    This is the most idiotic idea yet another temporary circuit?
    When will they learn that temporary courses and street courses suck.
    The best tracks are purposely built race courses and they old tracks are still the best tracks, even better bring back the full courses like the ones at Hockenheim, Nurburgring, Osterreichring, Spa-Francorchamps to name a few.
    Other tracks in the U.S. such as Indianapolis, Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, Etc.
    .
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

  12. #552
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,112
    Quote Originally Posted by JHAMMER View Post
    This is the most idiotic idea yet another temporary circuit?
    When will they learn that temporary courses and street courses suck.
    The best tracks are purposely built race courses and they old tracks are still the best tracks, even better bring back the full courses like the ones at Hockenheim, Nurburgring, Osterreichring, Spa-Francorchamps to name a few.
    Other tracks in the U.S. such as Indianapolis, Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, Etc.
    While I agree, Monaco is an old and historic street race course that is mostly a procession race.......nevermind the glitz and glamour of the whole event.

    Singapore is another street race at night that also is a procession race that offers very little overtakes.

    Baku I believe is a wonderful street race and has yet to dissappoint. Turn 16 all the way to T1 is simply flat out racing with alot of overtaking.

    We have yet to see Vietnams street race course due to COVID-19.....but that has some long straights on the course.

    Let's wait and see what this Miami course has in store. I have seen the layout and judging from what I have seen, currently it does'nt look that bad.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  13. #553
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,375
    Indy was great! Just 1 hr 15 min. plane ride from NY City. I went to all the F-1 races. Even my Ferrari driver Rubens got a win! Before; during and after the F-1 races ; Miami Beach is a great place to be.

  14. #554
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Posts
    189

    INDY

    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Indy was great! Just 1 hr 15 min. plane ride from NY City. I went to all the F-1 races. Even my Ferrari driver Rubens got a win! Before; during and after the F-1 races ; Miami Beach is a great place to be.
    Yes It was great here in Indy, 20 minutes from me .
    Me and my son and my brothers and nephews went to every day of each weekend they were here, around 10 hours per day it was fantastic.
    Even went to the great 2005 edition, I had people ask me what I thought about that race (because they knew I was a big F1 fan) I always told them it was great, that my cars were on the track, It was our own private Ferrari event.
    I have no desire to go to Miami.


    Another reason that I refuse to buy Michelin tires.
    .
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

  15. #555
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Sir Lewis will sign to driver for NASCAR 20222 ? Is that possible?
    Lewis may go to Williams, last F1 move. He has said that he used to dream of driving for Williams, and has commented on ex-owner Sir Frank Williams. Lewis said that Sir Franks contribution to F1 had been inspirational. There is a YouTube feature where Lewis takes Sir Frank on a Hot Lap around Silverstone. Before setting off, Claire Williams says to Lewis that her Dad has got two laps to persuade him to race for Williams.. Lewis driving Sir Frank. Sir Frank hopes that he has convinced Lewis to join.

    . Claire's reaction on hearing that Lewis will sign.
    The good times WILL return, and FERever.

  16. #556
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,375
    Lewis would for sure bring Williams back in the top 10. And maybe Claire back. He for sure can afford the pay cut. I say to Sir Lewis; go for it !!! After he does his 8th , let Ferrari & R Bull go at it. Anything would be an improvement over @ Williams with zeros on top of zeros.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •