Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    None of you said anything about this. But when I "threaten" to respond to it, only then do you go on about keeping politics out of TSN??? Please! Rather keep quiet once and for all. Don't be like the F1 stewards that change the rules mid-race!
    Quite honestly I'm here to talk about Ferrari, and not about talk bout BLM.
    It's really that simple.
    I do care bout racism, people that know me well enough know that there are two things that **** me off , racism and violence towards women and children;
    having said this, I don't think that a Ferrari forum is the place to discuss BLM issues; not unless the management of this forum says that it is.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I stole this from F1technical :)

https://www.formu1a.uno/ferrari-in-b...potra-ridursi/
    Lots of juicy info from formu1a.uno . Says Ferrari were running the PU conservatively last weekend

The SF21 (even with Alfa, which, having a very efficient car, defended itself well in terms of top speeds) is the car that suffered the most from clipping in the last 200 full-throttle meters of the main straight. Second Mercedes. Red Bull much less. Defending itself very well in the other two straights

Ferrari seems to have wanted (or had to) keep some HP at rest for an apparently cautious choice regarding reliability. He could have extracted further performance (0.150) from the PU setup and tuning on a track where this aspect is the most incisive.

At the tests Ferrari were believed to be about 20 HP behind Mercedes (similar to Honda) , 4 tenths in Bahrain, it will be able to increase by 5 HP if it manages to solve small 'collateral problems', reaching a gap of 15 HP. It would be a great result. Provided that Mercedes does not quickly solve some small problems with the endothermic of its PU

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Quite honestly I'm here to talk about Ferrari, and not about talk bout BLM.
    It's really that simple.
    I do care bout racism, people that know me well enough know that there are two things that **** me off , racism and violence towards women and children;
    having said this, I don't think that a Ferrari forum is the place to discuss BLM issues; not unless the management of this forum says that it is.
    Quite honestly, I don't mind whether you want to talk about Ferrari or racism or nothing. My post, the one you replied to, was not about what you prefer to talk about, or trying to make you talk about things you don't want to talk about. In fact I even encouraged that people rather keep quiet. Maybe read it again to get the gist of it.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post

Lots of juicy info from formu1a.uno . Says Ferrari were running the PU conservatively last weekend

The SF21 (even with Alfa, which, having a very efficient car, defended itself well in terms of top speeds) is the car that suffered the most from clipping in the last 200 full-throttle meters of the main straight. Second Mercedes. Red Bull much less. Defending itself very well in the other two straights

Ferrari seems to have wanted (or had to) keep some HP at rest for an apparently cautious choice regarding reliability. He could have extracted further performance (0.150) from the PU setup and tuning on a track where this aspect is the most incisive.

At the tests Ferrari were believed to be about 20 HP behind Mercedes (similar to Honda) , 4 tenths in Bahrain, it will be able to increase by 5 HP if it manages to solve small 'collateral problems', reaching a gap of 15 HP. It would be a great result. Provided that Mercedes does not quickly solve some small problems with the endothermic of its PU
    I'm interested to see how our car performs in a balanced track like Imola. If the aero is good enough and what your article says is true then we simply have a 2019 RedBull on our hands, except it's much easier to drive. I hope we win something this year, even VP of Ferrari thinks it isn't too far fetched.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post

I guess it's better to be slow because of aero than to be slow because of the engine, because technically the aero can be fixed to some extent.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

[AMuS]

MERCEDES: GPS comparison shows that Mercedes lost time against Red Bull in Turn 2, 5, 6 and 10. So mainly in fast corners. And at the end of the straights. The Mercedes engine goes into "charging mode" earlier than the Honda engine. Last year it was the other way round.

How long will it take Mercedes to catch up with Red Bull in terms of speed? It will take at least a month, according to Mercedes engineers.
    Then the first upgrade will arrive. A direct comparison with Red Bull will show whether it will be the only upgrade for 2021.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Sir Lewis will sign to driver for NASCAR 20222 ? Is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Well it was April Fools, but I definitely would like the idea

Imagine his face after getting wrecked by one of the madmen like Keselowski or Stenhouse while leading the Daytona 500

Miami GP set for 2022 with a 10yr deal.

I have to believe in Wolf's opinion and the rest of Merc people's opinion; that 9th place finish behind Bottas has far less influence on Russell's chances come contract time. He's still @ zero points with his car and team. And I"m glad both drivers came out safe. There's 20 more races to get a point. No need to have that crash.

MIAMI

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Miami GP set for 2022 with a 10yr deal.
    This is the most idiotic idea yet another temporary circuit?
    When will they learn that temporary courses and street courses suck.
    The best tracks are purposely built race courses and they old tracks are still the best tracks, even better bring back the full courses like the ones at Hockenheim, Nurburgring, Osterreichring, Spa-Francorchamps to name a few.
    Other tracks in the U.S. such as Indianapolis, Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, Etc.
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

Quote Originally Posted by JHAMMER View Post
    This is the most idiotic idea yet another temporary circuit?
    When will they learn that temporary courses and street courses suck.
    The best tracks are purposely built race courses and they old tracks are still the best tracks, even better bring back the full courses like the ones at Hockenheim, Nurburgring, Osterreichring, Spa-Francorchamps to name a few.
    Other tracks in the U.S. such as Indianapolis, Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, Etc.
    While I agree, Monaco is an old and historic street race course that is mostly a procession race.......nevermind the glitz and glamour of the whole event.

Singapore is another street race at night that also is a procession race that offers very little overtakes.

Baku I believe is a wonderful street race and has yet to dissappoint. Turn 16 all the way to T1 is simply flat out racing with alot of overtaking.

We have yet to see Vietnams street race course due to COVID-19.....but that has some long straights on the course.

Let's wait and see what this Miami course has in store. I have seen the layout and judging from what I have seen, currently it does'nt look that bad.

Indy was great! Just 1 hr 15 min. plane ride from NY City. I went to all the F-1 races. Even my Ferrari driver Rubens got a win! Before; during and after the F-1 races ; Miami Beach is a great place to be.

INDY

Indy was great! Just 1 hr 15 min. plane ride from NY City. I went to all the F-1 races. Even my Ferrari driver Rubens got a win! Before; during and after the F-1 races ; Miami Beach is a great place to be.
    Yes It was great here in Indy, 20 minutes from me .
    Me and my son and my brothers and nephews went to every day of each weekend they were here, around 10 hours per day it was fantastic.
    Even went to the great 2005 edition, I had people ask me what I thought about that race (because they knew I was a big F1 fan) I always told them it was great, that my cars were on the track, It was our own private Ferrari event.
    I have no desire to go to Miami.

Another reason that I refuse to buy Michelin tires.
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

Lewis may go to Williams, last F1 move. He has said that he used to dream of driving for Williams, and has commented on ex-owner Sir Frank Williams. Lewis said that Sir Franks contribution to F1 had been inspirational. There is a YouTube feature where Lewis takes Sir Frank on a Hot Lap around Silverstone. Before setting off, Claire Williams says to Lewis that her Dad has got two laps to persuade him to race for Williams.. Lewis driving Sir Frank. Sir Frank hopes that he has convinced Lewis to join.

. Claire's reaction on hearing that Lewis will sign.
    The good times WILL return, and FERever.

Lewis would for sure bring Williams back in the top 10. And maybe Claire back. He for sure can afford the pay cut. I say to Sir Lewis; go for it !!! After he does his 8th , let Ferrari & R Bull go at it. Anything would be an improvement over @ Williams with zeros on top of zeros.

Monaco held a historics F1 race this weekend. F1 cars from the 1930's all the way up to the 1970's.

All could watch the events of qualifying and race on youtube.

A 1960's Lotus vs an early 2000's Mclaren vs a hybrid era Mercedes Benz

https://twitter.com/GordonMercedes9/...917827/photo/1

a Mclaren MP4/4 vs a hybrid era Mercedes Benz

https://twitter.com/Bertie23574627/s...247488/photo/1

Lewis would for sure bring Williams back in the top 10. And maybe Claire back. He for sure can afford the pay cut. I say to Sir Lewis; go for it !!! After he does his 8th , let Ferrari & R Bull go at it. Anything would be an improvement over @ Williams with zeros on top of zeros.
    Do you ever get tired of this trash that you write?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    No, you need to keep checking my posts. Good work! Going on to 3 seasons of all zero points; Williams deserves better. Meanwhile Max is your only hope of Lewis not doing his #8.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

Looks like the energy drink company is even more serious about building their own PU after taking over the Milton Keynes Honda PU dept. RedBull have built 2 facilities next to HQ for the PU.

[Autosport]

Redbull hires one of Mercedes senior figures as it's new technical director for its F1 engine department Ben Hodgkinson. He joins at end of 2022.

Formula 1 is set to debut the Sprint Qualifying format at three Grands Prix in 2021, following an agreement reached between the FIA, Formula 1 and all 10 teams on the grid – with two European venues and one non-European one set to host the format, with those venues to be announced in due course.

Sprint Qualifying will see the drivers battle it out over 100km on Saturday afternoons of the selected Grand Prix weekends, with the result from Sprint Qualifying then deciding the starting grid for Sunday’s full distance Grand Prix.

The new format will also see the grid for the Sprint Qualifying decided on Friday afternoon, using the current qualifying format, with cars entering Parc Ferme conditions from the start of Friday qualifying – while there’ll be one 60-minute practice session on both Friday and Saturday mornings.

It’s been decided, meanwhile, that the top three finishers in Saturday’s Sprint Qualifying will receive points – three points for first place, two points for second and one point for third.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Formula 1 is set to debut the Sprint Qualifying format at three Grands Prix in 2021, following an agreement reached between the FIA, Formula 1 and all 10 teams on the grid – with two European venues and one non-European one set to host the format, with those venues to be announced in due course.

Sprint Qualifying will see the drivers battle it out over 100km on Saturday afternoons of the selected Grand Prix weekends, with the result from Sprint Qualifying then deciding the starting grid for Sunday’s full distance Grand Prix.

The new format will also see the grid for the Sprint Qualifying decided on Friday afternoon, using the current qualifying format, with cars entering Parc Ferme conditions from the start of Friday qualifying – while there’ll be one 60-minute practice session on both Friday and Saturday mornings.

It’s been decided, meanwhile, that the top three finishers in Saturday’s Sprint Qualifying will receive points – three points for first place, two points for second and one point for third.
    Any info on how Sunday's grid will be? Will it be as the sprint race finishes in the same order or reversed?

Guess FP3 has gone? FP1 then parc ferme, then Friday quali, Saturday just the sprint race then main race Sunday. Have 1 hour practice session Friday morning to get the car set up. Later in the year when old gearboxes break on a Friday this could now reckon your weekend as could miss Friday qualifying. Not happy about the points either, if this becomes a permanent thing a champion could be made on a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Guess FP3 has gone? FP1 then parc ferme, then Friday quali, Saturday just the sprint race then main race Sunday. Have 1 hour practice session Friday morning to get the car set up. Later in the year when old gearboxes break on a Friday this could now reckon your weekend as could miss Friday qualifying. Not happy about the points either, if this becomes a permanent thing a champion could be made on a Saturday.
    1 hour practice on Friday then qual, then 1 hour practice on Saturday then sprint race I am sure it is. Seems strange to have a practice after cars are in parc ferme conditions.
    Forza Ferrari

Friday

Practice 1: 60 minutes
    Qualifying: Split into usual Q1, Q2 & Q3 format, sets the grid for sprint qualifying

Saturday

Practice 2: 60 minutes
    Sprint Qualifying: 100km race to set the grid for Sunday's Grand Prix

Sunday

Grand Prix: Runs over full distance as normal

Not sure I like this idea, but we'll see. TV viewers for the Friday sessions will be upset if they're at work and can't watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    1 hour practice on Friday then qual, then 1 hour practice on Saturday then sprint race I am sure it is. Seems strange to have a practice after cars are in parc ferme conditions.
    That's very strange, why practice under parc ferme rules? Can't change anything so would just waste engine miles and other parts for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Not sure I like this idea, but we'll see. TV viewers for the Friday sessions will be upset if they're at work and can't watch it.
    Reminds me of the last time that F1 sought out to fix the only thing that wasn't broken in Formula 1; Qualifying. Anyone remember the last debacle that they tried in 2016? What a joke that elimination-style qualifying system was. It was overturned pretty quickly, and I hope these sprint races follow suit.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~