Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

  1. #871
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    100%

    Red Bull bring the fun into motorsports and always takes their F1 program off the track and gives some F1 experience to as many people as possible.

    Mercedes behind the scenes is probably the best. Their youtube technical content is second to none.

    Then there is Ferrari who continue to ride on the backbone of their historic name and are completely boring and display none of the passion they are supposedly known for. Red Bull drives an F1 car at different points across the USA and even in snow, and Ferrari drives around the block and pretends its equally as exciting.
    Yes. Very boring. They only upload 4-5 videos per week.... https://www.youtube.com/c/Ferrari/videos

    Recently they rebuilt a 375 F1 from scratch just for a few laps around Silverstone. Definitely they don't show any passion for the sport..

  2. #872
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Yes. Very boring. They only upload 4-5 videos per week.... https://www.youtube.com/c/Ferrari/videos

    Recently they rebuilt a 375 F1 from scratch just for a few laps around Silverstone. Definitely they don't show any passion for the sport..
    But Red Bull drove in the snow!!!!!!! that is passion!
    Forza Ferrari

  3. #873
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    360
    Red Bull have always done stupid stuff. I wouldn't say its passion, just marketing. When we have such a rich history, we don't need to do such things to grab attention.

    The more boring the better for me, keeps away the fair weathers :)

  4. #874
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    9,028
    Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Red Bull have always done stupid stuff. I wouldn't say its passion, just marketing. :)
    +1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  5. #875
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Yes. Very boring. They only upload 4-5 videos per week.... https://www.youtube.com/c/Ferrari/videos

    Recently they rebuilt a 375 F1 from scratch just for a few laps around Silverstone. Definitely they don't show any passion for the sport..
    Seriously, look at their videos. We get cooking videos and what the new paint of their helmets are. That is weak content.

    They have zero technical video's on F1 which is half of what F1 is all about. They have zero features on their F1 cars. It's 90% highlights from their Ferrari Challenge races.

    The sad part is, they have the F1 Clienti program which means they could bring some incredible content, but they don't. I would think a team passionate about their F1 program would want to show some actual F1 content, especially from their winning cars. Instead, nothing.

  6. #876
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    But Red Bull drove in the snow!!!!!!! that is passion!
    Go watch a Ferrari cooking video then. Nothing says passion more than that right?

  7. #877
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Red Bull have always done stupid stuff. I wouldn't say its passion, just marketing. When we have such a rich history, we don't need to do such things to grab attention.

    The more boring the better for me, keeps away the fair weathers :)
    Exactly what I am saying. It's always marketing. Red Bull drives their F1 cars outside of F1 tracks, Mercedes shows the unseen technical side of their F1 cars, past and present. And Ferrari slaps a Ferrari emblem on a closed door and calls it good enough. The question was who does more for F1, and Red Bull and Mercedes absolutely do more than Ferrari.

  8. #878
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,883
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Go watch a Ferrari cooking video then. Nothing says passion more than that right?
    Go watch a Red Bull in the snow if that's what your passion is.....all hail Red Bull....

    Italian team does cooking video, Italians hate cooking right
    Forza Ferrari

  9. #879
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Go watch a Red Bull in the snow if that's what your passion is.....all hail Red Bull....

    Italian team does cooking video, Italians hate cooking right
    I sure will. I'll keep watching Mercedes videos on interesting details of an F1 car too. Porsche does some really exciting stuff too. I love when car companies and motorsport teams show motorsport content. I'll refrain from subscribing to Ferrari's channel to avoid the next string of commercials showing off their latest road car.

  10. #880
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,883
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I sure will. I'll keep watching Mercedes videos on interesting details of an F1 car too. Porsche does some really exciting stuff too. I love when car companies and motorsport teams show motorsport content. I'll refrain from subscribing to Ferrari's channel to avoid the next string of commercials showing off their latest road car.
    You should support your passion for Red Bull and Merc all day long, maybe even join their social media pages etc and praise them, next step buying their merch and support them on track as you do off it
    Forza Ferrari

  11. #881
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    You should support your passion for Red Bull and Merc all day long, maybe even join their social media pages etc and praise them, next step buying their merch and support them on track as you do off it
    I've subscribed to their channels because they put out better content. I'm not ashamed to afraid to be honest about that. Maybe if people stopped pretending to speak the truth about Ferrari being so perfect, they would have had more success in the last 12-15 years.

  12. #882
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,883
    Yes videos would make Ferrari win more
    Forza Ferrari

  13. #883
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yes videos would make Ferrari win more
    Yup ignore what's really being said.

    Why are you so triggered by this? The question was who does more for F1 and Red Bull and Mercedes do more than Ferrari. If you believe Ferrari does more, and therefore the most, please tell me what they do to promote the sport.

  14. #884
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,739
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Yup ignore what's really being said.

    Why are you so triggered by this? The question was who does more for F1 and Red Bull and Mercedes do more than Ferrari. If you believe Ferrari does more, and therefore the most, please tell me what they do to promote the sport.
    Ferrari don't need to do squat to promote Formula 1.....ferrari is the most successful brand and the most ICONIC team in F1 and has been in F1 since day ONE.....enough said

    red fool is just a FIZZY drinks company....and Merc....well don't think we'll see them in F1 fo much longer.....the big boss will prolly pull the plug in a few years time

  15. #885
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Ferrari don't need to do squat to promote Formula 1.....ferrari is the most successful brand and the most ICONIC team in F1 and has been in F1 since day ONE.....enough said

    red fool is just a FIZZY drinks company....and Merc....well don't think we'll see them in F1 fo much longer.....the big boss will prolly pull the plug in a few years time
    You illustrate my point.

    You have just said that Ferrari does nothing for Formula 1, that they are riding the coattails of what they did in the past... the distant past. - who has been the most successful in the last 15 years?

    A company that makes energy drinks apparently can build a better race car than Ferrari who have been #1 since 1950 - that's pretty embarrassing for Ferrari don't you think?

    It's kind of like the Maple Leafs. People will talk about what they did in the past, but they haven't won anything in decades.

  16. #886
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,626
    I believe that every driver in F-1 wishes they could drive for Ferrari before they retire. After 4 WDCs with R Bull; Sebs dream was to get that Ferrari seat.

  17. #887
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    9,028
    Nice Redbull promo video in Palermo.....days before the Monza 2021GP.


    Ciao Palermo, Monza is calling! | Max Verstappen’s road trip to the Italian GP

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8Yxjf5hv-E
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  18. #888
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    13,613
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Nice Redbull promo video in Palermo.....days before the Monza 2021GP.


    Ciao Palermo, Monza is calling! | Max Verstappen’s road trip to the Italian GP

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8Yxjf5hv-E
    So cool!!!!

  19. #889
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,883
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    A company that makes energy drinks apparently can build a better race car than Ferrari who have been #1 since 1950 - that's pretty embarrassing for Ferrari don't you think?

    It's kind of like the Maple Leafs. People will talk about what they did in the past, but they haven't won anything in decades.
    LOL yeah Horner etc all make energy drinks in between races not like they have spent any money on a F1 team at all.....being in a sport a long time does not mean you win everything, being in F1 in 1950 has no relation performance wise to being in F1 in 2021. Mind you Ferrari used to do videos in the snow when they were winning...maybe that is the secret after all.

    Ferrari are certainly the wrong F1 team to support if you want cool marketing videos and win after win as they have never been able to do that in all the years in the sport, but that is your own choice to make.
    Forza Ferrari

  20. #890
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    LOL yeah Horner etc all make energy drinks in between races not like they have spent any money on a F1 team at all.....being in a sport a long time does not mean you win everything, being in F1 in 1950 has no relation performance wise to being in F1 in 2021. Mind you Ferrari used to do videos in the snow when they were winning...maybe that is the secret after all.

    Ferrari are certainly the wrong F1 team to support if you want cool marketing videos and win after win as they have never been able to do that in all the years in the sport, but that is your own choice to make.
    I guess you didn't understand.

    FerrariF60 said Red Bull is just a Fizzy drink company. If that was the case, that'd be awfully embarrassing for Ferrari. Red Bull is the title sponsor and financial backing of one piece of their empire. People seem to forget they bought out Jaguar in 2004 and their motorsport impact goes far beyond Formula 1. They deserve a hell of a lot more credit that just being a "Fizzy drink company"

    Thank you for agreeing with me that the success Ferrari had has nothing to do with their performance now.

  21. #891
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    180
    Any news about when the engine upgrade for the SF21 will be released?

  22. #892
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Any news about when the engine upgrade for the SF21 will be released?
    After Russia it seems

    https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-tur...ew-power-unit/

  23. #893
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by RM-Ferrari View Post
    Oh cool! Thank you!

  24. #894
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I believe that every driver in F-1 wishes they could drive for Ferrari before they retire. After 4 WDCs with R Bull; Sebs dream was to get that Ferrari seat.
    No, his dream was to get a WDc with Ferrari...but for his multiple pirouettes he never did

  25. #895
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    9,028
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    No, his dream was to get a WDc with Ferrari...but for his multiple pirouettes he never did
    Somewhat true. Seb's pirouettes started at Hockenheim 2018 and followed from there. When Seb joined Ferrari, Ferrari have'nt had a winner car for over a decade......and currently in 2021, Ferrari have yet to produce a winning car.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  26. #896
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,878
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Well, Enzo’s motto was.....aero is for people who cannot build a strong engine.....we’ll as of late we’re kind of lacking on both...he’s prolly rolling in his grave that Honda and a Merc are ahead in this department....

    Ferrari has to BIG TIME up their game with the 2022 engine....I sure hope Ferrari will surprise US next season....and in a good way that is
    Actually our aero is very good. We 're crawling back on our engine.
    What we lack, (as fans) is patience.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  27. #897
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Somewhat true. Seb's pirouettes started at Hockenheim 2018 and followed from there. When Seb joined Ferrari, Ferrari have'nt had a winner car for over a decade......and currently in 2021, Ferrari have yet to produce a winning car.
    Hey man!

    IF Ferrari turns out to be uncompetitive in 2022 (engine-wise/aero), do you think Ferrari should do away with Binnoto?
    Or, would it be best to keep him for the remainder of 2026?

  28. #898
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    13,613
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Actually our aero is very good. We 're crawling back on our engine.
    What we lack, (as fans) is patience.
    Not to be inpatient, but word patience we are hearing since 2009....

  29. #899
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Not to be inpatient, but word patience we are hearing since 2009....
    Honestly, we should've won 2010, '12, '17, and '18.

  30. #900
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    9,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Hey man!

    IF Ferrari turns out to be uncompetitive in 2022 (engine-wise/aero), do you think Ferrari should do away with Binnoto?
    Or, would it be best to keep him for the remainder of 2026?
    IF Ferrari got rid of Binotto, do you know how many team principles Ferrari would have gone thru since the start of this hybrid era??

    Better yet, how many team principles have Mercedes have gone thru??? Or RedBull???

    Binotto stays IMO.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •