Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1283

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/09...-is-fake-news/

Well, well, well

How the turn-tables

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post

Well, well, well

How the turn-tables
    It was always meant for gullible minds. And this place is full of it. Just look at the sheer number of idiots here believing this BS story. With "fans" like these, Ferrari doesn't need any enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    The fairytale relationship between binotto Charles and ferrari are starting to show strain and cracks.Its purely frustration with charles,he wants a fast reliable car that solid at every circuit,and ferrari are failing him with the speed of delivery and the binotto rhetoric on moving foward.Basically he is sick and tired of the binotto and wants results now, no more talking just deliver the car required.I do not want to see Charles become a pawn for ferrari as happened to vettal. So Binotto start giving Charles the car he deserves stop with the engineering rhetoric and long winded stories of progress,because continuing on this path will result in more tension and ultimately Charles leaving.A seat at Red bull awaits.
    Bravo. You've finally managed to come up with an 95% well articulated post. Keep trying and you'll get there one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's fake news guys.

It doesn't make sense when there are more reliable reports that they are about to extend his contract to 2026.
    Called it.

Looks like Qatar is another opportunity to steel a win this year.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    It was always meant for gullible minds. And this place is full of it. Just look at the sheer number of idiots here believing this BS story. With "fans" like these, Ferrari doesn't need any enemies.
    I trust you're not referring to me, tifosi, I didn't want to believe it but you can never be sure of any media shenanigans and their lack of concrete evidence. Good to know that there is no rift in the team, and I'm not an idiot.

Qatar is a bad country but a good track but if it's going to remain for the longer term they better use Losail and not build a damn Tilkedrome

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I trust you're not referring to me, tifosi, I didn't want to believe it but you can never be sure of any media shenanigans and their lack of concrete evidence. Good to know that there is no rift in the team, and I'm not an idiot.
    No, not you. You're one of the most level headed member here.

I'm talking about the usual suspects here. I can't name them, otherwise Rob will get upset. Just look at the few posts above and you'll get the idea.

No, not you. You're one of the most level headed member here.

I'm talking about the usual suspects here. I can't name them, otherwise Rob will get upset. Just look at the few posts above and you'll get the idea.
    Very magnanimous of you, I don't want anything upsetting the team's relationship with Charles (or Carlos as they seem a great pairing for the future), and fake news is largely just to generate animosity wherever it's used!

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post

Well, well, well

How the turn-tables
    I did say this, but drama is attractive.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Exactly that, for some reason there are people that would rather believe Ferrari is not going to win, ever, that nothing is going in the good way and everything is wrong.
    They take pleasure from it.

It doesn't make sense when there are more reliable reports that they are about to extend his contract to 2026.
    \
    I mentioned that too...
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I'm getting a bit tired of the media suggesting that Carlos is a more complete driver than Charles, partly because he has more points and lies P6 in the the WDC. Granted, Carlos has settled in well and is a solid and experienced driver but I get really wound up when the media start to criticise Charles for being fast but inconsistent and it causes friction within the team if one driver feels he's being outclassed by his team-mate. Look what happened with Charles and Seb. Charles has had his share of bad luck this season and without two DNFs in Monaco and Hungary, who knows where he'd be in the WDC. Charles is a fighter and strong with it, looks like he'll need to be!

Not directly tied to this years car, but it would be nice to have something like this as soon as next year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpDqs9ljSqg

Thanks for the reminder Stefa - the most superb car for the very best driver ever!

Pre-Turkey 2021

[AMuS]

Mercedes had noticed some weaknesses in its engines over the course of the season as they get older. And a higher loss of power than in previous years. That's why it's not an option for Hamilton to do the final races with just his remaining two power units.

Both of Hamilton's power units would have done around 4,000 kilometers by then. And that increases the risk of a failure.

Helmut Marko on the Mercedes PU issues : "Mercedes used to have it easy. They used the power for the first few laps & then ran the engines in "cruising" gear. That's no longer possible. Now they often have to drive in a higher mode. And that's where the problems come in."

Mercedes obviously wants to wait with the engine change for Hamilton until the worst problems [of their engine] have been identified and resolved. With an early use of PU4, Hamilton would have to drag himself through the season. The perfect time matters now.

Mercedes engineer: "It probably won't happen in Turkey unless Lewis has a problem there. We expect a close race against Red Bull there."

Mercedes engineer: "But after Turkey, the PU change for Lewis has to come. You try to schedule it so it's on a track where you're particularly strong or particularly weak. Or when rain comes. Mexico will be a Red Bull track. Interlagos might be, too."
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Pre-Turkey 2021

[AMuS]

Mercedes had noticed some weaknesses in its engines over the course of the season as they get older. And a higher loss of power than in previous years. That's why it's not an option for Hamilton to do the final races with just his remaining two power units.

Both of Hamilton's power units would have done around 4,000 kilometers by then. And that increases the risk of a failure.

Helmut Marko on the Mercedes PU issues : "Mercedes used to have it easy. They used the power for the first few laps & then ran the engines in "cruising" gear. That's no longer possible. Now they often have to drive in a higher mode. And that's where the problems come in."

Mercedes obviously wants to wait with the engine change for Hamilton until the worst problems [of their engine] have been identified and resolved. With an early use of PU4, Hamilton would have to drag himself through the season. The perfect time matters now.

Mercedes engineer: "It probably won't happen in Turkey unless Lewis has a problem there. We expect a close race against Red Bull there."

Mercedes engineer: "But after Turkey, the PU change for Lewis has to come. You try to schedule it so it's on a track where you're particularly strong or particularly weak. Or when rain comes. Mexico will be a Red Bull track. Interlagos might be, too."
    An engine blow-out and engine change penalty would be brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    An engine blow-out and engine change penalty would be brutal.
    Mercedes should take the change penalty for Lewis with the notion he'll move up the grid and salvage points (damage limitation) as opposed to an engine blow-out where Lewis has a DNF and scores no points. Can Lews do what Max did and come from P20 to P2 when Max took an engine penalty and 3 grid spot penalty??

Mercedes IMO will wait for the night before the race to see how everyone qualifies, mainly Max, and to see how the weather is on race day to change the PU on Lewis.

RedBull will definitely use Checo to play rear-gunner and hopefully Lewis does'nt pass Checo in one lap. Bottas did'nt block Max at Sochi even though I believe he was supposed to. Bottas know's he's got a seat next year with another team so to me it was like an eff-you to Toto.

JPZ's possible scenario is the more appealing one to me;)

https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bu...laint-quashed/

Red Bull’s complaint against Mercedes ‘trick’ thrown out

Surprise, surprise. And the bias towards Merc continues…

Merc to FIA: ferrari is too fast.
    FIA: technical directive

Merc to FIA: RedBulls wing flex’s

Merc to FIA: RedBulls pit stop is to fast

RedBull/Ferrari to FIA: Merc is cheating
    FIA: No.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

lmfao.....

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

It wasn't even RBR and/or Ferrari complaining, they were looking for technical clarification over the legality of Mercedes. Sounds like not only did the FIA not give any sort of clarification, but they didn't even bother listening.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    It wasn't even RBR and/or Ferrari complaining, they were looking for technical clarification over the legality of Mercedes. Sounds like not only did the FIA not give any sort of clarification, but they didn't even bother listening.
    Anyone surprised?!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Anyone surprised?!
    Nope. The WDC trophy already has "Lewis Hamilton" inscribed on it, so the FIA gotta do what they can to make that happen.

Nope. The WDC trophy already has "Lewis Hamilton" inscribed on it, so the FIA gotta do what they can to make that happen.
    Exactly! MV is makeing their life difficult, and I hope he will succsede!

Its quite clear who the FIA work for. Embarrassing that they didn't even entertain any type of clarification for the other teams. Complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Anyone surprised?!
    Definitely not me.

Yup, it has been written in the books for years now, replace Schumacher/Ferrari on every record they hold. Hamilton will 100% be gifted is 8th no matter what Red Bull/Verstappen can throw at him. The game has been fixed to Merc/Hamilton's hand at every step of the way. Sad really.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Michael returning to F-1; going to Merc his home team and as Toto said gave them his every knowledge of F-1 was a real blow to Ferrari both on the track against Merc ; and fan wise. I for one was shocked at his return going to Merc.

Ferrari also announced that Mattia Binotto will not attend the Turkish Grand Prix this weekend. This was already the case several times last year, so nothing unusual. Binotto will be based in the Maranello factory to focus on development of next year’s car.

OFFICIAL:Carlos Sainz will have a new PU at the TurkishGP this weekend: "Carlos Sainz will take a completely new power unit fitted with the new hybrid system. Therefore he will start from the back of the grid with the aim of climbing up the order to try and score some points"

Redbull to introduce a one-off livery(white) at Turkey to commemorate Honda. RedBull red lettering on the side pod
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 7th October 2021 at 06:54.

Honda will go under the new name of Redbull Powertrains and stay with R Bull 2022 through 2023. All Honda personal will remain under the new name.