Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 102122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1283

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

LOL - Shots fired from Alonso at the British bias in F1. haha, got to love him for speaking facts.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...ivers/6682489/

"Let's see, the next one that crosses the white line on the pit entry, let's see which nationality he is and which penalty he will get," Alonso said.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    LOL - Shots fired from Alonso at the British bias in F1. haha, got to love him for speaking facts.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...ivers/6682489/

"Let's see, the next one that crosses the white line on the pit entry, let's see which nationality he is and which penalty he will get," Alonso said.
    YES!!!

And then Norris goes and cries about it, so he doesn't get a penalty.

BRAVO FERNANDO! That's needed saying for a loooooong time!

Credit to Fernando Alonso risking some backlash to make a point.

He is absolutely right about Lando crossing the white line. That's a clear cut penalty, but because he was the feel good story of the race, they didn't penalize him.

He could not have been more right.
    Like it or not, there has been bias towards british drivers for some time now.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Andrew 'Brown Tongue' Benson of the BBC being a great example!
    Trying to be less angry..

Horner quizzed about suspicions over Mercedes engine

https://www.planetf1.com/news/christ...ne-suspicions/

“It is something for the FIA to look at and for them to police, but the straight-line speed…when you’ve got straight-line speed that is greater with a DRS open, that is pretty impressive.”

I guess that kind of speed advantage is only a concern for the FIA when Ferrari have it. Man I hope Merc and Hamilton will finally will get what’s coming to them and they they are exposed for the cheats that they are.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

He was referring to when Hamilton went by Gasly like he had DRS open. That was literally like 20 kph difference with a supposed high downforce setup

I am sure a lot of that is down to energy deployment, but it's a good way to raise flags. The truth is, the power advantage is nothing new. Go back and watch Imola 2021 and see how fast Mercedes was down the straights. Either Mercedes sandbags most of the race, or maybe they have been running lower engine modes in the summer heat and now that it is cool, they can exploit more of that power.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    He was referring to when Hamilton went by Gasly like he had DRS open. That was literally like 20 kph difference with a supposed high downforce setup

I am sure a lot of that is down to energy deployment, but it's a good way to raise flags. The truth is, the power advantage is nothing new. Go back and watch Imola 2021 and see how fast Mercedes was down the straights. Either Mercedes sandbags most of the race, or maybe they have been running lower engine modes in the summer heat and now that it is cool, they can exploit more of that power.
    That was as Merc 44 had a huge tyre advantage so got much better traction out the previous corner, hence travelling much faster by the end of the straight. Definitely doing something with their engine but to what cost? Apparently Bottas 4th engine he took in Monza is Kaput.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    That was as Merc 44 had a huge tyre advantage so got much better traction out the previous corner, hence travelling much faster by the end of the straight. Definitely doing something with their engine but to what cost? Apparently Bottas 4th engine he took in Monza is Kaput.
    I'm not sure what huge tire advantage Hamilton had with tires that were just as old. Traction can help get him into the slipstream, but it doesn't account for being that fast at the end of the straight and certainly has no affect on how the Mercedes was able to maintain that top speed advantage once pulled out of the draft.

Gasly was just not very quick, Lewis caught him over 1 sec a lap.....
    Forza Ferrari

GP Today showed photos of Charles driving a 3 seat Ferrari! The car looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    GP Today showed photos of Charles driving a 3 seat Ferrari! The car looks great!
    https://scuderiafans.com/photos-and-...rari-3-seater/

I'm imagining seeing Rubens racing in that car with Todt and Ross in the car to make sure he let's Michael Pass !

Post TurkeyGP - Pre COTAGP

Helmut Marko confirmed to Sky Germany last weekend that Newey had an accident and was not able to work for some weeks. He is thankfully back & already identified the setup issues.

The reddit comment says something about 4 months, but that was not mentioned in the Sky interview. It was said he was out for some weeks, a specific time frame was not given. Just for clarification.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Post TurkeyGP - Pre COTAGP

Helmut Marko confirmed to Sky Germany last weekend that Newey had an accident and was not able to work for some weeks. He is thankfully back & already identified the setup issues.

The reddit comment says something about 4 months, but that was not mentioned in the Sky interview. It was said he was out for some weeks, a specific time frame was not given. Just for clarification.
    so basically Red Bull is nothing but Adrian Newey

can't wait until he retires, imagine how many championships Michael would have if he wasn't racing against Newey rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post

can't wait until he retires, imagine how many championships Michael would have if he wasn't racing against Newey rockets
    Newey turned down Ferrari 3x and they were lucrative offers. Newey is happy where's he's at.

RedBull doing things outside the track........once again to promote F1.....albeit it's an RB7.

https://twitter.com/ESPNF1/status/1449077165476261892

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post

Sure sounds that way doesn't it? Strange that Newey is the only guy that could figure out a setup problem.

As for racing against Newey Rockets, I honestly think Rory Byrne was just as good or better than Newey around 97-06. The transformation he did to the 96 F310 in making the F310B was huge. The 98 car was his first full project and a huge step forward. Yes the McLaren MP4-13 was better, but the Mercedes engine was the best and the Bridgestone tires was arguably the better tire as well. The F399 would have won if Schumacher didn't break his leg. 2000-2004 are as we know. The F2005 was a good car, but the Bridgestones sucked, though I admit the 2005 McLaren was the fastest, though quite unreliable. After that, Newey goes to Red Bull. From 2010 to 2013, Newey really was the best designer in F1 at the time though.

Newey has earned his reputation as one of the best of all time, but not enough people give credit to Rory Byrne.

RedBull doing things outside the track........once again to promote F1.....albeit it's an RB7.

https://twitter.com/ESPNF1/status/1449077165476261892
    I get that the sound of the V8s roaring inside the tall buildings of downtown NYC is incredible, but I kind of wish teams would use more modern cars for their demos.

I get that the sound of the V8s roaring inside the tall buildings of downtown NYC is incredible, but I kind of wish teams would use more modern cars for their demos.
    It's probably easier to maintain the RB7 with as many demo's RedBull does every year as opposed to a turbo-hybrid F1 car....plus the amount of staff to operate as well.

Sure sounds that way doesn't it? Strange that Newey is the only guy that could figure out a setup problem.

As for racing against Newey Rockets, I honestly think Rory Byrne was just as good or better than Newey around 97-06. The transformation he did to the 96 F310 in making the F310B was huge. The 98 car was his first full project and a huge step forward. Yes the McLaren MP4-13 was better, but the Mercedes engine was the best and the Bridgestone tires was arguably the better tire as well. The F399 would have won if Schumacher didn't break his leg. 2000-2004 are as we know. The F2005 was a good car, but the Bridgestones sucked, though I admit the 2005 McLaren was the fastest, though quite unreliable. After that, Newey goes to Red Bull. From 2010 to 2013, Newey really was the best designer in F1 at the time though.

Newey has earned his reputation as one of the best of all time, but not enough people give credit to Rory Byrne.
    Newey has built some great cars with other teams......and some not so great cars. I also believe in the turbo-hybrid ear, the RedBull variants were handicapped by the Renault PU BUT I'm sure during that time, the chassis and aero was top notch.

It's probably easier to maintain the RB7 with as many demo's RedBull does every year as opposed to a turbo-hybrid F1 car....plus the amount of staff to operate as well.
    possibly. Or maybe it's a liability thing with the electric components. If something goes wrong, there is a lot of voltage that could go through somebody. Like you said, a big staff is required to operate these cars.

Newey has built some great cars with other teams......and some not so great cars. I also believe in the turbo-hybrid ear, the RedBull variants were handicapped by the Renault PU BUT I'm sure during that time, the chassis and aero was top notch.
    agreed.

I honestly think RBR is going for consistency, as it is obvious that Mercedes (& Hamilton) will probably be in hyper-drive mode for the remainder of the races.

This championship battle will probably go down to the wire just like our battle with the McMercs.

Fortunes hang in reliability, avoidance of driver/team errors, and luck.

IMHO Mercedes has a slight edge because of the team dynamics, the powerhouse of an engine, Hamilton's consistency, and mastery of politics (with Toto).

On the other hand, I give Ferrari the edge over the McMercs purely because of the consistency of our 2 drivers.

Hah, but life does throw curveballs every now and then. So, yeah.

Also they reinforced their ice by adding 0,63kg into it to prevent it from cracks discovered on the previous ones (cracks, micro-leaks, some confusion here, don't know really) . Now it allows them to use a better mapping, no more a few laps per race, but every time they want, it seems. Also, some are saying that they currently are experimenting things for next year ICE (and perhaps more, as Ferrari does with it's electrics components)

https://www.autoracing.com.br/exclus...a-up-mercedes/
    Last edited by Gilles; 16th October 2021 at 13:38.

Happy birthday Charles !

RedBull (Checo Perez) in Dallas today

https://twitter.com/AlertaRacing/sta...10036325928970

Sergio Perez walks right by Me at Redbull Dallas Event - SPECIAL VIDEO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfDEPbD825A

Sergio “CHECO” Perez Redbull showrun Dallas Texas
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqYIY7gQLNk

Pre-COTAGP 2021

Leclerc took the wrong flight and ended up in New York. I don't know how this happened.