Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

why don't they mandate 2 stops per race instead of changing the tires specs mid-season?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah Seb was the inside man for Merc
    I don't understand your Hammy/Toto mancrush and your inability to see between the lines what's going on...

I'm sure you think what the maFIA is doing towards Red Bull right now is all well and proper too?

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    I don't understand your Hammy/Toto mancrush and your inability to see between the lines what's going on...

I'm sure you think what the maFIA is doing towards Red Bull right now is all well and proper too?
    Explain to us how Merc made Seb mess up so much, was he paid by them? let us all know please.

If Red Bull are breaking the rules then they need to be stopped same for any team, did you support Red Bull flexi wings etc when they were winning title after title? Probably not you probably accused them of cheating and getting FIA favours like most on here did.....
    Forza Ferrari

Explain to us how Merc made Seb mess up so much, was he paid by them? let us all know please.
    Explain to me why the FIA threw the SC after Vettel had passed the pit entry in China when the debris had been laying in the hairpin for more than a minute? This caused a massive 30-point swing in the standings and laid the groundwork for the rest of 2018. I'll wait.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 27th June 2021 at 09:46.

Explain to me why the FIA threw the SC after Vettel had passed the pit entry in China when the debris had been laying in the hairpin for more than a minute? I'll wait.
    How did that benefit Lewis? he never pitted and Seb only lost positions to Lewis due to getting in an accident with Verstappen lol maybe Merc paid Max also?

Is this the level of evidence you have? I do hope you can do better with your next replay but I doubt it.
    Forza Ferrari

How did that benefit Lewis? he never pitted and Seb only lost positions to Lewis due to getting in an accident with Verstappen lol maybe Merc paid Max also?

Is this the level of evidence you have?
    There seems to be a bit of a gullible culture in Scotland is all I can say

You should stop pretending to be a Ferrari fan. It's so obvious that you kneel before goldchains before every race. Especially in the way you attack people who actually want Ferrari to win at all costs. It's ok to be an 'ex-Ferrari fan' but the way you cheered when Sochi 2019 was stolen and how much you enjoy us having an F3 engine is baffling.

Just my two cents.

Ah so you realise your point is rather garbage and instead of backing it up you resort to that.

Log off again and come back when you have an adult response
    Forza Ferrari

Let's raise a glass and enjoy the summer

(if there's one at your place that is hehe)

You should stop pretending to be a Ferrari fan. It's so obvious that you kneel before goldchains before every race. Especially in the way you attack people who actually want Ferrari to win at all costs. It's ok to be an 'ex-Ferrari fan' but the way you cheered when Sochi 2019 was stolen and how much you enjoy us having an F3 engine is baffling.

Just my two cents.
    Yes I spend my own money and time to be a ex-Ferrari fan, never mind the merch I buy and the GP tickets I pay for to support Ferrari, just you sit under your tin foil hat and attack others who do not agree with your insane conspiracy theories.

Can you show me my attacks on people and my delight about anything Ferrari are currently doing? No didn't think so. Just because your hatred of Lewis (for whatever reason) clouds your every thought do not expect others to follow it. You don't support Ferrari at all on here, you just come here to hate Lewis.

p.s as for Sochi 19 again you seem to think Seb was part of the Merc payroll? His engine failing and he parked it causing VSC. I guess you really do think he was part of helping Merc....or maybe it goes higher and the engine failing was also part of the help Merc plan within the team?
    Forza Ferrari

Big meeting set up at Spielberg on July 3rd to discuss 2025 engine rules. Källenius (Mercedes), Elkann (Ferrari), de Meo (Renault), Mateschitz (Red Bull), Blume (Porsche) & Duesmann (Audi) will meet up with Todt, Domenicali & Brawn.

Motor summit in Spielberg 2021

Bosses determine the future of engines

Formula 1 wants to define the Formula 1 engine of the future this year. On July 3rd there will be an elephant round with the big car bosses in Spielberg. In addition to the four Formula 1 manufacturers, the CEOs of Porsche and Audi also sit at the table.

It's an ambitious game with lots of puzzle pieces. The concept for the Formula 1 engine of the future is to be defined this year. It will then replace the current hybrid technology in 2025. The manufacturers represented in Formula 1 and those who might want to become one have been at the negotiating table with their sports bosses for six months.

There are still fundamental questions like: How much should the engine cost? How high should the cost cap for manufacturers be? Which components should become standard parts and which shouldn't? What should the combustion engine look like? How big should the share of electrical energy be?

How much energy can you recuperate under the best of circumstances? Do you need the MGU-H or not? Should you give the power to the front and rear axles or, in the classic way, only to the rear? What overall performance are you aiming for? How big and heavy should the battery be so as not to increase the total weight of the car and not to change the architecture of the car too much?

Dispute over costs cover

Only one parameter has already been determined. The combustion engine must be operated with CO2-neutral fuel. The base will likely be the current V6. Anything else would cost too much money. With the budget cap, Red Bull imagines 80 million dollars, whereby the material value of a drive unit should not exceed one million. There are currently two million.

"The price and the cost cap depend heavily on the drive technology," warns Ferrari. Like Red Bull, the Italians are among the price pushers. Others in the group consider a budget limit of 120 million to be more realistic. "You could also work with that to cover costs," it says from this corner.

The negotiations that the FIA and Formula 1 have so far conducted with the sports directors have all followed the same pattern. In principle, everyone agrees. As soon as it goes into detail, mistrust dominates the conversation. Every suggestion is checked to see whether it is compatible with your own ideas. Nobody wants to give up an advantage to the competition.

Also Audi and Porsche there

Fritz Enzinger, sports coordinator of the VW group, now counts on the meeting of the car bosses. There is a greater chance that we will agree on common goals. On July 3, there will be an elephant lap for the first time in Spielberg as part of the engine discussion.

The car bosses will meet next Saturday with FIA President Jean Todt and Formula 1 bosses Stefano Domenicali and Ross Brawn. Ola Källenius comes for Mercedes, John Elkann for Ferrari, Luca de Meo for Renault and Dietrich Mateschitz for Red Bull. Audi boss Markus Duesmann and Porsche CEO Oliver Blume are also at the table.

https://translate.google.com/transla...search&pto=aue
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I hate homologated rules. A team that has the best engine could dominate the next 3 years, and a team that has a bad engine is screwed for the next 3 years.

It's already been seen with hybrid engines that a team can have a good 75+ hp advantage over another.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I hate homologated rules. A team that has the best engine could dominate the next 3 years, and a team that has a bad engine is screwed for the next 3 years.

It's already been seen with hybrid engines that a team can have a good 75+ hp advantage over another.
    That's my take on it too, you only have to look at how Ferrari have suffered these last two seasons, being forced to build a new ICE with no chance of development due to cost caps and rules. It may be seen as punishment, but 'in the interests of the sport' it is worse than that! We can only hope that Ferrari will have built a top class engine for 2022, which requires a lot of faith from us!

Combine Homologation with standardised parts and it leads to a spec series!

Rules need to be relaxed and a budget cap should be introduced. The open interpretation of the rules with limited spread will lead to more innovative solutions.

Keep it simple!
    1. Open wheel single seater with 4 wheels. 1 rigid front wing element. 1 or 2 rear wing element. A Max total surface area of the car which is accounted for by using wheel base.
    2. Bring your own tyres! Must use atleast 2 types over a race distance. Total of 4 types to be locked in November previous year.
    3. Opponents car should be able to follow unhindered suitable distance behind to mount a reasonable challenge.
    4. Fuel should be locally sourced from the host country. A ceiling limit for the overall energy a vehicle may consume over the course of a race with no flow limitations.
    5. Manufacturers may use what ever type of power train they see fit.
    6. A min height limit for cars across the full underside, with 0 wear allowed.
    7. 3 monocoque and 3 power units and gear boxes to last a season, irrespective of length. Only replacements allowed due to damage caused by accidents which are not the drivers fault. This should be judged by the FIA/FOM. Failure to comply leading to a dq entry for the manufacturer.
    8. Significant increased dry kerb weight limits to minimise exotic materials.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/merced...d-tunnel-time/

Mercedes to get more time in the wind tunnel

Coordinated early season tank by Merc? And who thought of this stupid rule?? Punish success and reward failure, makes complete sense

Why wouldn’t this rule be counted at the end of the season in regards to position lost vs. gained. They are only a few points behind RedBull. Now Merc will get to test more parts for next year; then turn up the wick again come mid-season and coast to number 8 for ham. This sport is increasingly becoming more stupid by the day. Merc has single-handedly destroyed this sport.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/merced...d-tunnel-time/

Mercedes to get more time in the wind tunnel

Coordinated early season tank by Merc? And who thought of this stupid rule?? Punish success and reward failure, makes complete sense

Why wouldn’t this rule be counted at the end of the season in regards to position lost vs. gained. They are only a few points behind RedBull. Now Merc will get to test more parts for next year; then turn up the wick again come mid-season and coast to number 8 for ham. This sport is increasingly becoming more stupid by the day. Merc has single-handedly destroyed this sport.
    I agree! This ...... I can not call it a sport, has become such a big circus, mess.... Unbelievable!

We still get more time than Mercedes. They get 92.5 percent and we get 97.5. It gets re-assesed every 6 months. We should of been able to make big strides with the 2022 car in those first 6 months where we got 105 percent or something like that.

Wow, just wow... how did this escalate from zero to derogation of someone's culture so quickly?

There is no place for this kind of thing here or anywhere really
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Wow, just wow... how did this escalate from zero to derogation of someone's culture so quickly?
    It obviously wasn't said in a serious manner, it was just me thinking Greig is very naïve about corruption in sports and I guess that's his view of me too but in reverse so it shouldn't be taken seriously

Sir Lewis has signed up for 2 more years with Merc. They would have been crazy not to!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Sir Lewis has signed up for 2 more years with Merc. They would have been crazy not to!
    I can't wait until that cheating scumbag departs for good together with the Austrian Führer

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Good to hear. Max will still have some sompetition then and win more championships against the G.O.T.E. (greatest of the era).

RedBull will recieve Honda engines from the Sakura facility in Japan in 2022......due to the transition.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Good to hear. Max will still have some sompetition then and win more championships against the G.O.T.E. (greatest of the era).

RedBull will recieve Honda engines from the Sakura facility in Japan in 2022......due to the transition.
    Sir Lewis wiped out most every past all time F-1 greatest records; and now you couldn't have said it better! G.O.T.E. with 2 more years to go. Then there's always Russell if he drives till he's 60. I'll never accept the name Honda over Ferrari.

So all the manufactures that want in on F1 in 2025 are at Speilberg right now. You have 3 German manufacturers whom are at the forefront of hybrid tech and I'm sure they will have a say as to the 2025 PU.
    I bet MercedesAMGF1 is already working on the 2025 PU right now or have been working on the 2025 PU 2 or 3 years ago. I have no way of knowing thsi as this is just my way of thinking and there are no articles to say otherwise. I'm just going off of MercedesAMGF1's history when it comes to situations like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So all the manufactures that want in on F1 in 2025 are at Speilberg right now. You have 3 German manufacturers whom are at the forefront of hybrid tech and I'm sure they will have a say as to the 2025 PU.
    I bet MercedesAMGF1 is already working on the 2025 PU right now or have been working on the 2025 PU 2 or 3 years ago. I have no way of knowing thsi as this is just my way of thinking and there are no articles to say otherwise. I'm just going off of MercedesAMGF1's history when it comes to situations like this.
    Right, which is why they want this engine freeze, because they already have this done, and probably are already working on the 2025 unit, and are already pushing the regulations for what they already have.

Meanwhile, we're focusing on next year.

Ferrari needs to actually use the veto power and favoritism that we are always accused of having and abusing.

but we won't, "for the good of the sport".

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Right, which is why they want this engine freeze, because they already have this done, and probably are already working on the 2025 unit, and are already pushing the regulations for what they already have.

Meanwhile, we're focusing on next year.

Ferrari needs to actually use the veto power and favoritism that we are always accused of having and abusing.

but we won't, "for the good of the sport".
    I think SF have lost the veto power for a while now.

Australian GP has been cancelled, wonder what they will replace it with.
    Forza Ferrari

May be back to back in Sao Paolo

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post

Logistically, another race in the middle east would make sense.

or 2 saudi arabia back to back
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    My favourite circuit, would love that!