Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 162728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1283

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    I have to agree really, the emissions/fuel that F1 cars produce/use is miniscule in the grand scheme of things, maybe if they weren't desperate to cram in so many races in to the season then they wouldn't have to fly everywhere!
    The sound was a big part of what made F1 exciting in the past (V10s my personal favourite) and then they stripped away all the other aspects which made a Grand Prix intriguing like refueling, being able to pick your own tyre strategy and with 2 manufacturers as well. Can't stand DRS and other artificial racing aids either. Tracks have become incredibly dull and sterile as well, there's no danger of gravel traps any more with all the concrete run off areas now.

I also agree with your point that "green" is much more suited to series like the WEC because of the much longer races and the desire for teams to spend as little time in the pits as possible but still be as fast as possible on track and the way the hybrid systems on the prototypes work helped that aspect as well.
    From a logistics stand point, it took 7-747's to deliver the equipment at Mexico City. Those 747's emit tons of carbon emissions. That was just Mexico City.

BTW, China and Russia (I believe India too????) WERE NOT at the summit meeting with all the other nations to reduce emissions from a global standpoint.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

BTW, China and Russia (I believe India too????) WERE NOT at the summit meeting with all the other nations to reduce emissions from a global standpoint.
    Didn't want to bring politics, but since you have a pretty biased and factually incorrect opinion against India..
    https://www.thehindu.com/opinion/edi...le37312195.ece

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    Didn't want to bring politics, but since you have a pretty biased and factually incorrect opinion against India..
    https://www.thehindu.com/opinion/edi...le37312195.ece
    Oh okay...thanks......which is why I put it in questions marks. I was'nt sure. It was'nt an incorrect opinion.

Do tell what's a new logo without bragging how many millions it needlessly cost? Green into blue a favorite of mine (and Aramco?) but it's subtlety isn't very impactful? WHATEVER!

I seriously see "F1 - Powered by Mercedes Hybrid since 2014"

MOSTly efficient engines but dwindling and LEAST enthused crowds?

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I seriously see "F1 - Powered by Mercedes Hybrid since 2014"

Jinx! I said that on the other page :D

(well nearly exactly the same lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    MOSTly efficient engines but dwindling and LEAST enthused crowds?
    I like this take. I don't know who the target audience is anymore!? I used to think it was trying to attract more British and English speaking people with allowing the dominance of hamilton and mercedes, but these days I have no idea who they're aiming for.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    ABSOLUTELY FUNNY! Iceman Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Lol... Rarely does Kimi like to talk, was expecting a quiet drive round the ring. But he was pulling all sought of pranks with Antonio.

2021 Interlagos

Rain expected Friday. Saturday and Sunday looks good according to the weather update.

Freight got stuck in Miami due to weather. Teams mostly affected by this are Mclaren and Ferrari. Curfew has been lifted for tonight so those teams affected can work well into the night.

2021 Interlagos

Rain expected Friday. Saturday and Sunday looks good according to the weather update.

Freight got stuck in Miami due to weather. Teams mostly affected by this are Mclaren and Ferrari. Curfew has been lifted for tonight so those teams affected can work well into the night.
    Freight has arrived at Brazil and on it's way to the track.

2021 Interlagos

Mercedes have found a waterpressure issue on the PU, used at the MexicoGP and they might change to another new one, which would mean a 5 place grid drop. Nothing confirmed though. Yet. [Lewis's car]

2021 Interlagos

Mercedes have found a waterpressure issue on the PU, used at the MexicoGP and they might change to another new one, which would mean a 5 place grid drop. Nothing confirmed though. Yet. [Lewis's car]
    AMuS

Mercedes denies the engine issues. There were neither difficulties nor a water pressure drop. But Mercedes does not provide any information about the engine plans for this weekend: "There are no grid penalties to report yet."

This could indicate that Mercedes wants to wait for Friday (quali) before deciding. An engine change does not seem to be urgent. Team says that with the existing contingent and a new calibration (from Mexico) they can finish the season with no penalties.

The media are sure trying to force this Mercedes engine change into reality. It's been like 3 straight races where they started rumors of another PU change was imminent. We all know by now that it will be Bottas that is forced to change PU's.

The media are sure trying to force this Mercedes engine change into reality. It's been like 3 straight races where they started rumors of another PU change was imminent. We all know by now that it will be Bottas that is forced to change PU's.
    Seriously, i dont' knwo why they keep putting a NEW ice into bottas's car and NOT hamilton's.....if they REALLY had a reliability issue with the engines, would it NOT show up in hamilton's car as well??

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Seriously, i dont' knwo why they keep putting a NEW ice into bottas's car and NOT hamilton's.....if they REALLY had a reliability issue with the engines, would it NOT show up in hamilton's car as well??
    Bottas is on his 6th ICE unit. Lewis is on his 4th. If anyone needs a new ICE unit, it would be Lewis.

Probably as punishment for not helping hamilton enough.

5 place grid penalty for Lewis for engine change in interlagos
    Red is the only color!!!

The media are sure trying to force this Mercedes engine change into reality. It's been like 3 straight races where they started rumors of another PU change was imminent. We all know by now that it will be Bottas that is forced to change PU's .
    Now that you were wrong what's going to happen, pretend like nothing happened while you wait for the next opportunity to express your paranoia?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Nothing confirmed yet....

An Autocar source says Audi has bought the entire McLaren Group with plans to enter its own team in Formula 1

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Now that you were wrong what's going to happen, pretend like nothing happened while you wait for the next opportunity to express your paranoia?
    I was being sarcastic because Bottas took 3 engine changes in a handful of races.

Nothing confirmed yet....

An Autocar source says Audi has bought the entire McLaren Group with plans to enter its own team in Formula 1
    Mclaren has denied the story.

Both Charles and Carlos clearly said in interviews after the race that Lewis' driving was a good as could be and was as important as the engine; getting him the # 101 win.

Snork, yay I am so excited at Ham's latest win, snork........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59298238

Guanyu Zhou has become Formula 1's first Chinese driver after signing to race for Alfa Romeo in 2022.

Giovanazzi is going to Formula E
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59298238

Guanyu Zhou has become Formula 1's first Chinese driver after signing to race for Alfa Romeo in 2022.

Giovanazzi is going to Formula E
    This is a sad day for any Italophile like me, and a poor show for an Italian-branded team, losing the only Italian driver on the grid. I do believe GIO deserved his seat and any under-performance points-wise was mainly down to poor strategy. But of course, I'm biased. At least he has a new seat in FE with Dragon Penske for 2022 and I wish him well. Forza GIO.

Mercedes dont have problems with the engines, they just change them for performance boost, no suprise there:

---
    ‘No technical reason’ to take Hamilton engine penalty

Andrew Shovlin has revealed that reliability was not a factor in Mercedes choosing to take a new engine for Lewis Hamilton in Brazil at the weekend.

The Mercedes director of trackside engineering spoke of the reasons why they opted to install a new Internal Combustion Engine within Hamilton’s power unit at Interlagos, which triggered a five-place grid penalty.

He owed that to the opportunity sprint qualifying would offer to mitigate any losses had Hamilton qualified down the order.

However, taking a new ICE would also offer the Mercedes driver the benefit of having a fresher engine, with more horsepower, underneath him for the remaining races, which Shovlin and the team’s staff opted to do, and said that reliability issues other teams have been worrying about were not present in their minds.

“There wasn’t a technical reason to change, as in we didn’t think we were at risk of failing, and I don’t think we are at risk of failing [in future],” Shovlin told the F1 Nation podcast.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Lovely day to have a genocidal regime buy a place for a substandard driver to use our engine. Nice one Vasseur

Hopefully Bottas wakes on the right side of bed and ends his career before it begins.