Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18293031323334353637383940414243
Results 1,261 to 1,283 of 1283

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

2nd time already .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Charles will be fine. He's already had another version of it so it's going to most likely be very brief this time. Covid is basically the new cold with the omicron variant and the sooner world leaders realise it, the better. A lot of people will wake up this winter for sure when very few people die. Why would that happen? Most elders have a basic protection since they were vaccinated and the cross-immunity between various variants will help a lot of people staying out of the hospital once omicron takes over.

Either way, Toto is saying that he hopes Hammy doesn't retire. Be my guest is all I can say
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 16th December 2021 at 16:42.

Charles just needs a good rest after a gruelling and not entirely satisfactory season, usually through no fault of his own. Come back fighting, Charles!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    2nd time already .
    2nd time is news for me? When did he contract first??

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    2nd time is news for me? When did he contract first??
    Last off-season with presumably the original or Beta variant. At least he picks the right time.

The new FIA director Mohammed ben Sulyem (MBS) is obviously middle earstern. He takes over Jean Todt position.

He's looking at putting "sanctions" on Lewis for missing the 2021 FIA Gala in Paris.

He's also looking into what happened at Abu Dhabi so it does'nt happen again.

He seems to be starting out on the right foot for now.......I like him.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The new FIA director Mohammed ben Sulyem (MBS) is obviously middle earstern. He takes over Jean Todt position.

He's looking at putting "sanctions" on Lewis for missing the 2021 FIA Gala in Paris.

He's also looking into what happened at Abu Dhabi so it does'nt happen again.

He seems to be starting out on the right foot for now.......I like him.

I hope Charles is recovering well

RUMOR: There's a rumor that was floating around in 2020 and now, has popped back up...

Antonello Coletta is now being considered as a replacement for Binotto

Antonello Coletta: https://www.ferrari.com/en-IQ/articl...-corse-clienti

With regards to this rumor, I don't think Ferrari is going to take such drastic action against Binnoto because of the seasons 2019-'21 given that the next era is fast approaching and consistency is king in this regard.

Thus, I think this rumor has no solid base. But, we'd never know.
    It all depends on 2022-'24.

Neither will Hamilton be special if you make him drive a Williams.
    I like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Charles will be fine. He's already had another version of it so it's going to most likely be very brief this time. Covid is basically the new cold with the omicron variant and the sooner world leaders realise it, the better. A lot of people will wake up this winter for sure when very few people die. Why would that happen? Most elders have a basic protection since they were vaccinated and the cross-immunity between various variants will help a lot of people staying out of the hospital once omicron takes over.

Either way, Toto is saying that he hopes Hammy doesn't retire. Be my guest is all I can say
    Mainstream media in UK refuse (as does government..) to let us in on how serious Omicron actually is.

We are just bombarded with meaningless, hysterically presented stats about 'cases' - which actually means infections - which are increasingly irrelevant.

And even though we're approaching herd immunity from serious illness, we're still expected to hide in a cave when we get a cold!

Best the bu**ers don't cancel/ ban the fans for the Norwich/ Arsenal game on Boxing Day!

#VeryAngryAndFedUpFace
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Charles just needs a good rest after a gruelling and not entirely satisfactory season, usually through no fault of his own. Come back fighting, Charles!
    Too many mistakes. Needs to focus and we'll have two absolutely top notch pilots!

A car faster than a Ford Focus diesel would help!

Neither will Hamilton be special if you make him drive a Williams.
    Lewis would be very special if in his first 2 1/2 years driving for Williams he scored 1 point or more! That would be a another record for him! He'd be called back to the Merc rocket team. As far as Russell goes; 5 DNFs and a 3 lap race or he might still have had zero points. He still got the seat! China $$$$ got a 1st F-1 driver to replace Gio or he'd still be there. Millions more fans also to F-1. I see Gio coming back when there's a decent seat available. Meanwhile Mick moved up to be Ferrari's reserve driver [#3 } . I only hope Charles and Carlos continue as top drivers and with a 2022 car and maybe even a WDC. That last race podium was Terrific!! With Ferrari's new sponsor Santander coming back and no chance of Todt back; I believe Charles and Carlos [ 164.5pts.] will be safe with their seats. Now bring on the 2022 Ferrari rockets!!
    Last edited by Brembo; 25th December 2021 at 07:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Too many mistakes. Needs to focus and we'll have two absolutely top notch pilots!

A car faster than a Ford Focus diesel would help!
    He hasn't made "too many mistakes" this year. Monaco crash and a small contact with Gasly at Austria, that's all of Charles's mistakes this year.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    He hasn't made "too many mistakes" this year. Monaco crash and a small contact with Gasly at Austria, that's all of Charles's mistakes this year.
    Carlos has rightfully been given a lot of credit in the latter half of the season and Charles seems to be the target for underperforming or making mistakes, when it was mostly bad luck or unfortunate strategy which dictated his finishing positions. We do have the best driver pairing IMO.

Carlos has rightfully been given a lot of credit in the latter half of the season and Charles seems to be the target for underperforming or making mistakes, when it was mostly bad luck or unfortunate strategy which dictated his finishing positions. We do have the best driver pairing IMO.
    Wisepie I couldn't agree more with you that we have the best driver paring going into 2022. Ferrari letting them "Drive !" was the answer. No 1,2 holding back either driver. They both worked with not the best cars and yet brought Ferrari way up front at the end! That podium finish was the best !! Santander as sponsor will also be a great help.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Wisepie I couldn't agree more with you that we have the best driver paring going into 2022. Ferrari letting them "Drive !" was the answer. No 1,2 holding back either driver. They both worked with not the best cars and yet brought Ferrari way up front at the end! That podium finish was the best !! Santander as sponsor will also be a great help.
    D'accordo Brembo, but if the strategy had been reversed in Abu Dhabi, it would have been Charles on the podium, and he would have deserved it. Not as simple as that, I know, given their grid positions. But Charles wasn't bitter about it and congratulated Carlos, so let's hope the pair of them can work together to bring us back to our former glory in 2022. And that the car will deliver!

Posts like those are pretty weird, as if those posters are living in some kind of alternate reality.

Sainz has crashed out 3 times in qualifying, all 4 of his podiums are due to other people's misfortune, he has been involved in more incidents but for whatever reason, some people are simply ignoring his mistakes while overhyping Charles's couple of mistakes this year. Sainz only finished 4 times ahead of Charles when both finished races.

It's good that Binotto has acknowledged Charles's rotten luck this year. Charles has lost huge amounts of points this year due to bad luck and Ferrari knows it quite well. But it's irreverent. Next year is all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

Sainz has crashed out 3 times in qualifying, all 4 of his podiums are due to other people's misfortune, he has been involved in more incidents but for whatever reason, some people are simply ignoring his mistakes while overhyping Charles's couple of mistakes this year. Sainz only finished 4 times ahead of Charles when both finished races.

It's good that Binotto has acknowledged Charles's rotten luck this year. Charles has lost huge amounts of points this year due to bad luck and Ferrari knows it quite well. But it's irreverent. Next year is all that matters.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Carlos is and will drive at his best to hold on to his seat@ Ferrari. He came in as a #2 to Charles as Charles did with Seb. They were equally great together with what they had to drive. Also knowing Binotto & co. openly said to forget 2021, it's all about getting up there for 2022. That last race podium said it all!!! Meanwhile if Todt gets back with Ferrari both drivers are at risk as far as who he will push in or out. He gave his all to Ferrari for the 12 yrs. with FIA !
    Last edited by Brembo; 28th December 2021 at 12:56.

We are also forgetful of the fact that Carlos had barely a year to adapt to SF-21 while Charles has been with us since 2019. Granted Charles had has his share of bad luck but we should accept the fact that both were trying to gain the maximum from a mediocre car with different styles. Add to the fact that our rear end was/is highly unstable hence you can see Carlos and Charles ending up spinning the rear when finding that extra lap time. Both had a good year when they first came to Ferrari.
    From what I have observed since the 2010, Ferrari demands adaptability in driving style to suit their cars. Hence drivers like Alonso got the maximum from the car as he was very adaptable while Vettel couldn't as he needed a perfect car to achieve maximum. I just hope Charles is not in the latter. All I want is Ferrari to design a car which suits both yet compromises as little as possible. Then we can have a competitive line-up. Though I am cautiously optimistic about Ferrari in 2022.

Quite a few 'offs' in FP and Qualy IIRC..

Strategy? Ferrari? Organisationally, we are awful. Have been for years.

I do agree though that, with LEC and SAI, if the team build a good car, we should be fighting for wins no problem.

Charles has already proved his adaptability. Remember Bahrain 2019? Only his 2nd year in F1 and his 2nd race for Ferrari and absolutely dominated that weekend. But 2020 was the definitive year, with an awful car he finished on podiums at the very first year and was strong throughout the year. I'd say, Speed and adaptability are his strongest attributes.

But it's always 90% car and 10% driver. So the most important thing is, Ferrari needs to produce a car that is worthy of being called a Ferrari. I have my faith on Ferrari's technical prowess. So here's hoping for a repeat of 2017.