Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293041 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    and why would they?? they are after all THE best team in F1, have the best engineers and just like last year when they had DAS, i'm sure they have something up their sleeve that's gonna wipe the floor with everyone up and down the pit lane.....and koodos to them if they do.....

i wish Ferrari was more roothless and be more like Merc.....we can only dream right???
    like an engine that was perfected in 2014? One that they release more power from slightly each year and when needed? LOL.

Have some faith in Ferrari, try not to be so Pro-Mercedes and Anti-Ferrari. Have some faith, we will be on top again 1 day. Hopefully it is sooner rather than later.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    like an engine that was perfected in 2014? One that they release more power from slightly each year and when needed? LOL.

Have some faith in Ferrari, try not to be so Pro-Mercedes and Anti-Ferrari. Have some faith, we will be on top again 1 day. Hopefully it is sooner rather than later.
    mate, i've been waiting for that day since 2009.............and i've been a ferrari fan since i was 15 years old (long time ago, being that i'm 45 now.....lol....man i'm old.....lol)....and every year ferrari lets me down....it was nice to see that they were exploring the loop holes......and i'd like to see more of that.....but it sucks when they get caught, but such is life i guess.....

it pisses me off that Merc have been burning OIL since the very first race in 2014 and FIA did nothing about it....by the time they tighten up the rules they already had a few WCC's in the bag.....and even after they still had the best engine....well until 2019 mid year when we were class of the field and got caught....i mean told nto to use it anymore adn stuck an extra sensor on the fuel line....just because the Midget Todt don't like us to win.....maybe Merc is giving him loads of money on the side
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Mick is NOT using MSC as that's his dad. Mick will use SCM
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mick is NOT using MSC as that's his dad. Mick will use SCM
    Makes perfect sense
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

and why would they?? they are after all THE best team in F1, have the best engineers and just like last year when they had DAS, i'm sure they have something up their sleeve that's gonna wipe the floor with everyone up and down the pit lane.....
    I have'nt seen pictures but my guess due to the regulation change of the floor in the rear area with something that will add more downforce to the rear of the car. Possible more diffuser vanes added. It could also be the rake angle will be raised on the W12 since it has had the lowest rake angle of all the cars thereby the added diffuser vanes and more pronounced vanes.

Both Charles and Carlos have victory running through their veins !! The car haaass to be better than last year! Red podiums !!

I think Toto was saying that tongue in cheek. Toto likes to be sarcastic. Doubt there is going to be anything completely revolutionary there... just steady practical go fast bits that should keep the Mercs up at the top.

I have'nt seen pictures but my guess due to the regulation change of the floor in the rear area with something that will add more downforce to the rear of the car. Possible more diffuser vanes added. It could also be the rake angle will be raised on the W12 since it has had the lowest rake angle of all the cars thereby the added diffuser vanes and more pronounced vanes.
    Pics of the W12 rear floor

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/st...288966/photo/1

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/...964801/photo/1

Nice and sunny.....a bit windy today.

FIRST LOOK: Onboard Lap At The Brand New Jeddah Street Circuit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCiNvuB56xg

Suzuka without 8.

That whole back part is engine flat out!

Turn 1 is basically a walled version of Montreal turn 1. It is then followed by a COTA style ripoff of Maggots-Becketts, followed by Suzuka's spoon curve and Hockenheim styled last corner. The S curves are the only remotely original thing about this track.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

I hate it already.
    Like driving in a cage or a prison.

FOM analysis:

Long runs:

1. Mercedes
    2. Red Bull +0''40
    3. Aston Martin +0''73
    4. McLaren +0''76
    5. Alpine +0''89
    6. Ferrari +1''58
    7. Alpha Tauri +1''76
    8. Alfa Romeo +1''90
    9. Williams +2''00
    10. Haas +2''90

Qualifying runs:

1. Red Bull
    2. Mercedes +0''52
    3. McLaren +0''59
    4. Aston Martin +0''72
    5. Alpine +0''80
    6. Alpha Tauri +0''97
    7. Alfa Romeo +1''21
    8. Ferrari +1''28
    9. Haas +1''50
    10. Williams +1''95

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    FOM analysis:

Long runs:

1. Mercedes
    2. Red Bull +0''40
    3. Aston Martin +0''73
    4. McLaren +0''76
    5. Alpine +0''89
    6. Ferrari +1''58
    7. Alpha Tauri +1''76
    8. Alfa Romeo +1''90
    9. Williams +2''00
    10. Haas +2''90

Qualifying runs:

1. Red Bull
    2. Mercedes +0''52
    3. McLaren +0''59
    4. Aston Martin +0''72
    5. Alpine +0''80
    6. Alpha Tauri +0''97
    7. Alfa Romeo +1''21
    8. Ferrari +1''28
    9. Haas +1''50
    10. Williams +1''95
    Oh wow....we’re DOOMED......so after all we’re 6th fastest team...lol

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Suzuka without 8.

That whole back part is engine flat out!
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Turn 1 is basically a walled version of Montreal turn 1. It is then followed by a COTA style ripoff of Maggots-Becketts, followed by Suzuka's spoon curve and Hockenheim styled last corner. The S curves are the only remotely original thing about this track.

Looks like another procession race with hardly any overtakes.

Yeah, not wide enough for overtaking.

Jeddah track looks like an elongated FE track, all hemmed in and narrow with a lot of twists and turns. Not a pretty sight.

Oh wow....we’re DOOMED......so after all we’re 6th fastest team...lol
    Seriously??? You actually believe this crap???
    I say this every year. TESTING IS TESTING, NO1 HAS ANY IDEA WHAT THE TEAMS ARE DOING WITH THEIR CARS! NO1 WILL KNOW UNTIL BAHRAIN QUALY!
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    Seriously??? You actually believe this crap???
    I say this every year. TESTING IS TESTING, NO1 HAS ANY IDEA WHAT THE TEAMS ARE DOING WITH THEIR CARS! NO1 WILL KNOW UNTIL BAHRAIN QUALY!
    AMEN to that!!!!Well said !

Yup. Long season. Even at our worst last year we still had some decent results. Looking forward to some better fights this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Yup. Long season. Even at our worst last year we still had some decent results. Looking forward to some better fights this year.
    Did you celebrate national Ravioli Day where you are in Canada ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Did you celebrate national Ravioli Day where you are in Canada ?
    Ok. This was so out of the blue, I choked on the coffee I was drinking when I read this. Unfortunately Brembo, I missed Ravioli day. I am planning on a nice Penne Arrabiata today with some nice shrimp, mussels and scallops. Did you celebrate the Ravioli?

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    FOM analysis:

Long runs:

1. Mercedes
    2. Red Bull +0''40
    3. Aston Martin +0''73
    4. McLaren +0''76
    5. Alpine +0''89
    6. Ferrari +1''58
    7. Alpha Tauri +1''76
    8. Alfa Romeo +1''90
    9. Williams +2''00
    10. Haas +2''90

Qualifying runs:

1. Red Bull
    2. Mercedes +0''52
    3. McLaren +0''59
    4. Aston Martin +0''72
    5. Alpine +0''80
    6. Alpha Tauri +0''97
    7. Alfa Romeo +1''21
    8. Ferrari +1''28
    9. Haas +1''50
    10. Williams +1''95
    Where is the link to that?
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...u6MkuiIQQ.html
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Ok. This was so out of the blue, I choked on the coffee I was drinking when I read this. Unfortunately Brembo, I missed Ravioli day. I am planning on a nice Penne Arrabiata today with some nice shrimp, mussels and scallops. Did you celebrate the Ravioli?
    Yes I did with Ruffino Red wine to drink. Wow! enjoy your day. Penne is one of my favorite pastas. Be careful don't use too much down force while your eating! Sunday the 28th !!!!!

Can't wait.

F1 supremo Bernie speaks about Lewis Hamilton and BLM and agree with EVERYTHING he says regarding the matter 100%.

Bernie Ecclestone exclusive: Black Lives Matter are using Lewis Hamilton

Former F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone says Black Lives Matter are USING Lewis Hamilton for money - and insists he would NOT allow drivers to take the knee and wear anti-racism T-shirts before races if he were still in charge.

Bernie Ecclestone has said he would ban Formula One drivers taking a knee before races and would stop them wearing anti-racism t-shirts on the podium.

In a wide-ranging interview ahead of the start of the 2021 F1 season, the 90-year-old motorsport mogul took aim at the politicisation of the sport.

He reiterated his stance that Formula One is not racist and he revealed his belief that Sir Lewis Hamilton is 'being used' by the Black Lives Matter movement.

I've said to his father, "Lewis needs to be careful". Because he's being used by the people who are supporting this Black Lives Matter and they are taking a lot of money from it. And nobody knows where it goes,' Ecclestone told the Telegraph.

"If I'd still been around there wouldn't have been anyone wearing [anti-racism] t-shirts on the podium, that's for sure,

'One hundred per cent, there wouldn't have been this business of kneeling before races.'

Formula One bosses have already revealed the sport will continue to include a moment of reflection ahead of races.

Seven-time world champion Hamilton and the majority of the grid knelt in a staged message highlighting the fight against racism before all of last year's grands prix.

However, the gesture proved divisive with a number of the 20 drivers, including Red Bull's Max Verstappen and Ferrari's Charles Leclerc, electing to stand.

'They make a lot of fuss over things for the wrong reasons,' he said of F1. 'For political reasons.'

Ecclestone and Hamilton engaged in a public spat over the sport's battle for diversity and racial equality last year.

Hamilton, 36, previously called Ecclestone 'ignorant and uneducated' for his claims that there is no discrimination in the sport.

In response, Ecclestone has insisted Hamilton 'misunderstood' his view but he is 'entitled to his opinion' on the need for increased opportunities.

Hamilton who won BBC's Sports Personality of the Year for 2020, highlighted the impact the Black Lives Matter movement has had on him.

'I had this extra drive in me this year to get to the end of those races,' he said in December.

'It was a different drive than what I've had in me in the past. To get to the end of those races first so that I could utilise that platform [for Black Lives Matter] and shine the light as bright as possible.'

Mercedes are continuing to support Hamilton in his bid to bring about change for minorities in motorsport.

The championship-winning team are to stick with their BLM-inspired black car livery for the 2021 season, which starts this weekend in Bahrain.

Ecclestone added that he is 'delighted' that Saudi Arabia has been added to the calendar for 2021, despite criticisms of its human rights record from Amnesty International.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...ton-money.html

2021 F1 Brembo brakes: Take a break for braking

Brembo explains innovations of Formula 1 2021 Championship

REINFORCED TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE WITH THE REMOTE GARAGE AND MAXIMUM CUSTOMIZATION OF THE BRAKING SYSTEM. WAITING FOR THE NEW 2022 RULES

Brembo reconfirms its commitment in the Formula 1 World Championship which will start with the Bahrain Grand Prix, scheduled this year on 27th - 28th March. Thanks to the experience accumulated in 46 Formula 1 seasons, during which the single-seaters with Brembo brakes achieved 26 Drivers World Championships, 30 Manufacturers World Championships and 442 Grand Prix wins with Brembo designed braking systems personalized for each team, Brembo will supply most of the single-seaters between hydraulic materials and friction components.

In line with the current protocols of Formula 1 and with the measures to contain the COVID-19 pandemic, Brembo will continue to provide assistance to the teams competing in 2021 by limiting their presence at the track while making use of the Brembo Remote Garage. Introduced in 2020 at the company’s Curno headquarters, it’s a highly technological solution which became necessary after Formula 1 decided to minimize access to the track and prohibit contact between people belonging to different teams. This made it impossible for Brembo engineers to assist the teams on the track.

In Curno, the Brembo Remote Garage works at full capacity every race weekend, with at least two engineers in the hall, high-capacity computers, dedicated lines for receiving data, large screens to follow live broadcasts and applications with which to hear radio messages between boxes and drivers on the track. As soon as the COVID-19 emergency allows it, the goal is to return to the track at the company’s usual full service capacity, alongside the Brembo Remote Garage, for the most complete service to our racing customers.

A view to 2022

From the point of view of the braking systems, the 2021 championship does not present significant changes compared to the 2020 season, given the freeze imposed on some components of the cars, including the braking system.

In 2022 the Formula 1 regulations will undergo a substantial change. One of the most visible changes that will attract the attention of professionals, enthusiasts, and fans will be the transition to 18-inch wheels and tires. The increase from the current 13-inch to the future 18’s will create more space for the brake housing within the rim and for this reason the regulation has adapted to allow larger dimension brake discs.

The external diameter of the carbon discs will go from the current 278 mm to a maximum of 330 mm, with an unchanged maximum thickness remaining at 32 mm. Teams will also be imposed on the use limit of a single set of discs and pads - consisting of 4 discs and 8 pads between the front and rear axles - for each GP, this will entail a further challenge for Brembo in the development of its friction materials. With an increase in the effective radius, Brembo will have to review the architecture of the discs as well as the geometry of the calipers, pads and pumps.

Another important change concerns the components of the wheel corner such as the air intakes and baskets which will be "prescribed components," the same for all cars. This will limit the possibility of using these components as elements to increase the aerodynamic load, placing the cooling of the braking system at the center of their function.

The regulation will also affect the ingenuity of Brembo designers, especially as regards the cooling of the discs, whose holes must have a minimum diameter of 3 mm, while currently there is no minimum limit imposed by regulations. This means that with the same disc thickness, holes larger than the current ones must necessarily be fewer, reducing the possibility of cooling.

Six options of carbon discs

For the 2021 championship, the majority of the cars will use front discs with 32 mm thickness and rear discs with 28 mm. Depending on the temperatures expected during a Grand Prix (that can reach peaks of up to 1,200 degrees) and the specific race strategy, each driver can choose from six different options of Brembo discs. In addition, each specification is also presented with a process on the external diameter, called "groove" that creates a section diverging from the air which in turn comes out of the disc's ventilation holes. This geometry allows for greater material cooling efficiency.

For the front braking system, are confirmed three disc solutions:

- the 1480 holes disc is the most extreme solution, called "Very High Cooling" arranged on 7 rows

- the 1250 holes disc solution called "High Cooling" arranged on 6 rows

- the 800 holes disc solution called "Medium Cooling" arranged on 4 rows

For the rear braking system, are confirmed two disc solutions:

- the 1250 holes disc solution called "High Cooling" arranged on 5 rows

- the 800 holes disc solution called "Medium Cooling" arranged on 3 rows

The result is a total of six different ventilation specifications only for the front axle and two different ventilation specifications for the rear axle.

More extreme research of lightness

Brembo continues to work on the braking system with a specific focus on the maximum miniaturization of the elements composing the Brake-by-Wire (BBW) system and the further lightening of aluminium-lithium calipers.

Brembo will supply the traditional 6-piston calipers, maximum value established by the regulation, to 8 teams out of 10.

At the same time the Bergamo-based company has tried to increase the system promptness of response and thus the reactivity of BBW units: the integration level with the cars is always greater and in 2021 there will be 4 teams to use Brembo BBW.

Customization, telemetry and maintenance

Each team, according to the specific needs of the car, together with Brembo technicians, define the optimal ratio between weight and stiffness that the brake calipers must have. The sophisticated design methods available for Brembo engineers will make it possible to design for each team a brake caliper model that will optimize the desired weight-stiffness ratio. In this situation some teams will prefer lighter but also less stiff calipers, while others will opt for more conservative solutions characterized by a greater stiffness but also increase weight. This delicate balance allows Brembo to develop the braking system in a totally autonomous way.

Using the sensors, the teams know, in every moment, the temperature of discs and calipers. In this way they are able to calculate instantly disc and pad wear. Evaluating the data, technicians are able to give the driver any indications to adjust the brake balance of the car. This happens when anomalies are found. As for carbon pads, for 2021 Brembo offers teams a choice of two different compounds.

On average, each team orders from 10 to 15 sets of Brembo calipers per year. This number allows to safely face any accidents and the lack of availability of some sets for revision. Some teams, on the other hand, proceed initially to a reduced order, foreseeing a development during the season and then a subsequent order of additional optimized calipers.

On circuits with a lot of brake zone in sequence, the temperature of the calipers reaches 200°C. The useful life of a Formula 1 caliper does not exceed 10.000 km, during which periodic revisions are scheduled and carried out directly by Brembo inside of its production departments.

As regards to friction material, during the season Brembo supplies each team from 150 to 300 discs and up to 600 brake pads.

Brembo commitment to 2021 Formula 1 world championship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z7x-4WTY7E

https://www.brembo.com/en/company/ne...1-championship

F1 supremo Bernie speaks about Lewis Hamilton and BLM and agree with EVERYTHING he says regarding the matter 100%.

Bernie Ecclestone exclusive: Black Lives Matter are using Lewis Hamilton

Former F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone says Black Lives Matter are USING Lewis Hamilton for money - and insists he would NOT allow drivers to take the knee and wear anti-racism T-shirts before races if he were still in charge.

Bernie Ecclestone has said he would ban Formula One drivers taking a knee before races and would stop them wearing anti-racism t-shirts on the podium.

In a wide-ranging interview ahead of the start of the 2021 F1 season, the 90-year-old motorsport mogul took aim at the politicisation of the sport.

He reiterated his stance that Formula One is not racist and he revealed his belief that Sir Lewis Hamilton is 'being used' by the Black Lives Matter movement.

I've said to his father, "Lewis needs to be careful". Because he's being used by the people who are supporting this Black Lives Matter and they are taking a lot of money from it. And nobody knows where it goes,' Ecclestone told the Telegraph.

"If I'd still been around there wouldn't have been anyone wearing [anti-racism] t-shirts on the podium, that's for sure,

'One hundred per cent, there wouldn't have been this business of kneeling before races.'

Formula One bosses have already revealed the sport will continue to include a moment of reflection ahead of races.

Seven-time world champion Hamilton and the majority of the grid knelt in a staged message highlighting the fight against racism before all of last year's grands prix.

However, the gesture proved divisive with a number of the 20 drivers, including Red Bull's Max Verstappen and Ferrari's Charles Leclerc, electing to stand.

'They make a lot of fuss over things for the wrong reasons,' he said of F1. 'For political reasons.'

Ecclestone and Hamilton engaged in a public spat over the sport's battle for diversity and racial equality last year.

Hamilton, 36, previously called Ecclestone 'ignorant and uneducated' for his claims that there is no discrimination in the sport.

In response, Ecclestone has insisted Hamilton 'misunderstood' his view but he is 'entitled to his opinion' on the need for increased opportunities.

Hamilton who won BBC's Sports Personality of the Year for 2020, highlighted the impact the Black Lives Matter movement has had on him.

'I had this extra drive in me this year to get to the end of those races,' he said in December.

'It was a different drive than what I've had in me in the past. To get to the end of those races first so that I could utilise that platform [for Black Lives Matter] and shine the light as bright as possible.'

Mercedes are continuing to support Hamilton in his bid to bring about change for minorities in motorsport.

The championship-winning team are to stick with their BLM-inspired black car livery for the 2021 season, which starts this weekend in Bahrain.

Ecclestone added that he is 'delighted' that Saudi Arabia has been added to the calendar for 2021, despite criticisms of its human rights record from Amnesty International.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...ton-money.html
    This is the most conceited thing I've read today. Not surprised at all that this would come from Bernie's mouth. The issue of racism is not for Bernie to dictate. It's far bigger and more historic than him. He doesn't decide whether there is or isn't racism in F1. Since when is the presence of racism something that one man decides on? I for one don't care that he disagrees. The fact is that racism is an age old problem and we've had enough of it. Bernie is just one white man who has no idea what the hell he's talking about when it comes to this.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."