Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192031 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

Lewis signed long ago, they are just trying to string gullible people along. There's no way he'd miss getting another title when there's ZERO challenge again. it's his from race 1, with that rocket ship and a muppet in the 2nd car. Don't fool yourselves, the deal is long long done.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Bottas had on the wrong tires! Getting records in his Williams would be hard as you say, but 1 point! Zero all season is tough to accept .Even Haas got 1 point . Russell past the season as no match for any driver on any team. Bottas getting poles and wins against his team mate and Max on occasion is saying allot about his level as a driver. Charles spoiled me as far as a rookie coming up in a not so great car and doing wonders! And the Mexicano made them both look bad that race.
    When yiu consider that 9 other teams are better than YOUR team, YES it is really hard to get a point...
    Yiu seem to forget that points are only awarded for the first 10 drivers....and when 18 drivers drive better cars ( since let’s face it, Williams was the worst team in the grid) then those 18 drivers will fight for the first 10 places because they have better cars....NO???

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Lewis signed long ago, they are just trying to string gullible people along. There's no way he'd miss getting another title when there's ZERO challenge again. it's his from race 1, with that rocket ship and a muppet in the 2nd car. Don't fool yourselves, the deal is long long done.
    You’re prolly right...even if he makes less money, he’s only interest3d in beating Michaels records.....and like you said, in that rocketship and with absolutely no challenge from the second Merc....
    Our only hope is for Honda to get more power out that engine and with Max to mount some challenge on 2 chains....because Ferrari....we’ll there is no hope there....

I do not believe for 1 moment there will be zero challenge.My feelings are providing there is an f1 season moving foward it will be hotly contested more so than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    I do not believe for 1 moment there will be zero challenge.My feelings are providing there is an f1 season moving foward it will be hotly contested more so than last year.
    Very well said. 2021 will be full of good challenges. Not just WDC, WCC but getting into the top 10 . Meanwhile F-1 wise; except for Ferrari's great 16 WCC record; beating past records for the most part is already done. From now on it's setting new records to be beat. The drivers are getting younger coming into F-1 and leaving older . There's hope ! Max was 17 when he came in. Schumy was 44 when he left.
    Last edited by Brembo; 21st January 2021 at 07:19.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    When yiu consider that 9 other teams are better than YOUR team, YES it is really hard to get a point...
    Yiu seem to forget that points are only awarded for the first 10 drivers....and when 18 drivers drive better cars ( since let’s face it, Williams was the worst team in the grid) then those 18 drivers will fight for the first 10 places because they have better cars....NO???
    YES ! You are right on the money. That one race in the rocket was fun to watch. Now for Russell it's back to the worse team on the grid. Russell getting a point or more for himself & his team will have real meaning as far as progressing , and I believe it will happen. The Perez win was the true highlight of that race. Coming from way behind to a win is what makes F-1 races exciting.

Sauber : After rumours about Renault, they'll sign with Ferrari till 2025

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...rrari/5136311/

Translation:

The signing of the contract is missing, but the basis for a new engine supply agreement would have already been reached for the period 2022 - 2025 between the team from Hinwil and Ferrari, after the team principal, Vasseur, had been attracted by the Renault proposals. . After the birth of Stellantis, the result of the merger between PSA and FCA, the renewal of the Alfa Romeo sponsorship will also be discussed. Swiss engineering is also collaborating on the special models of the "Biscione".

There were sirens, and how, but in the end Sauber will remain linked to Ferrari. There is no signing of the renewal of the power unit supply contract which will expire at the end of 2021, but the foundations of the new agreement have already been put in black and white.

The Hinwil team has been continuously mounting Ferrari engines since 2011 and will remain a customer team under the political influence of the Prancing Horse also from 2022 to 2025. It is no secret that next year's ground-effect single-seater will be studied taking into account the overall dimensions of power unit and transmission from Maranello, a sign that technical activity will continue in the name of continuity.

But there is no doubt that Renault, under the propulsive thrust of the CEO, Luca De Meo, wants to broaden its orbit of F1 influence and has considered the opportunity to seek a partnership with Sauber.

After all, the team principal, Fredric Vasseur, did not build a great relationship with Mattia Binotto and the idea of ​​looking to the transalpine brand for the supply of engines could be tempting considering that the Swiss team could become a sort of Junior Team in which to breed. the young drivers of the Renault Academy.

Vasseur has been with Renault and has maintained excellent relations with the French, but the team principal's expectations are evidently not aligned with the plans of the team's Swedish shareholders who aim for stability to continue their F1 adventure smoothly.

Answering Roger Benoit, journalist from Blick, the Zurich daily, at the end of the year, Vasseur himself had been rather elusive about the future supply of the Ferrari engine…

"You can never say. It's like a wedding. No one guarantees you that you will always stay with the same woman as me. In a partnership we must always consider that there are ups and downs ... So we have to ask ourselves: what is the best deal? Until now, Ferrari has mostly been a solid partner ”.

Things then took another turn because there is also the concrete possibility that the sponsorship of Alfa Romeo, the current title sponsor of the team from Hinwil, will be confirmed. The issue was not on the agenda because we had to wait for the new Stellantis group to be born from the merger of PSA with FCA.

And Renault would have liked to pull an F1 team like Sauber from the "portfolio" of Carlos Tavares' new brands, perhaps forgetting that Swiss engineering works for the Biscione brand, taking care of the special fittings of Giulia and Stelvio with carbon creations. and studies in the wind tunnel.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Glad to see Sauber still being loyal to Ferrari.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Sainz and Leclerc to test 2018 Ferrari next
    https://www.racefans.net/2021/01/21/...ari-next-week/

"Ferrari is therefore taking advantage of rules which allow teams to run cars which are two or more years old in private tests.
    Sainz and Leclerc are expected to spend one day each at the wheel of the SF71H."

The explanation why it's not the 2019 car:

"The team could have run the more recent SF90, which Leclerc raced in 2019. However the ready availability of a 2018 chassis, which was used for tests last year, prompted the decision to use the older car."

Very well said. 2021 will be full of good challenges. Not just WDC, WCC but getting into the top 10 . Meanwhile F-1 wise; except for Ferrari's great 16 WCC record; beating past records for the most part is already done. From now on it's setting new records to be beat. The drivers are getting younger coming into F-1 and leaving older . There's hope ! Max was 17 when he came in. Schumy was 44 when he left.
    Personally, all I care about are the WCC and WDC's for the Team.

Only if Mercedes or any other team start closing in on these will I start to get worried.

Start worrying !

So apparently the teams will vote on engine freeze sometime next week.....I bloody hope so Ferrari know what they are doing if they are PRO this.....otherwise Harry potters days will be numbered if he does something that will affect ferrari’s performance....

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    hotly contested more so than last year.?? Not hard to do, there was no contest last year, not even the slightest.

You still don't get what I'm saying. Yes, as good as Hamilton has been, the car is in fact the real prize,. Any nobody from the backfield could have jumped into that car and do as good if not better than Russell. Forget the name Lewis , it's Russell getting talked about like it wasn't the car it was him who at least started the race up front. He's got Williams buried in last place and he has zeros for a record with Williams. Again; any F-1 driver in that car will be a winner. Maybe by this next season Russell can get used to his Williams car and get them and himself some points. He's no match for even Bottas now; and no match for any other driver with points. I wish him success ASAP but so far he's batting zero. Getting spun around by Charles 1st. lap and winding up 18th was just as bad as the two pits, and fighting his way to victory was really what fans should see as the big deal that race., not coming in 9th behind Bottas.
    I must say, I'm also struggling to get what you're saying Brembo. Let me ask you this. Is Hamilton 7 x WDC because of his driving supremacy or because of the car?
    Short answer please?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

How could Lewis not want Russell for a team mate? Zero wins Zero points in his William car. . He went from the front to finish 9th behind Bottas in Lewis' rocket ship. Bottas has wins and podiums along side Lewis, not any seasons with zeros ! Imagine how great Perez feels coming from the back to beat those two Merc's for the win ! A Russell Bottas team would be a blessing for Ferrari's chances and a few other teams @ the WCC. How loved is Russell by the British fans after the Mexican's first win? Two pits vs. being in 18th place , what was tougher as far as getting the win? Meanwhile @ Ferrari , more HP, less down force and Charles better every year!! Bring on 2021 !!
    Either you are daft or you troll.
    If Lewis were in this Williams he would have zero wins.

Let that sink in.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

You still don't get what I'm saying. Yes, as good as Hamilton has been, the car is in fact the real prize,. Any nobody from the backfield could have jumped into that car and do as good if not better than Russell. Forget the name Lewis , it's Russell getting talked about like it wasn't the car it was him who at least started the race up front. He's got Williams buried in last place and he has zeros for a record with Williams. Again; any F-1 driver in that car will be a winner. Maybe by this next season Russell can get used to his Williams car and get them and himself some points. He's no match for even Bottas now; and no match for any other driver with points. I wish him success ASAP but so far he's batting zero. Getting spun around by Charles 1st. lap and winding up 18th was just as bad as the two pits, and fighting his way to victory was really what fans should see as the big deal that race., not coming in 9th behind Bottas.
    How about Bottas? Why did Russel ruin him in his first stroll in that car , a car not even set up for him?
    Just give it up.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Bottas had on the wrong tires! Getting records in his Williams would be hard as you say, but 1 point! Zero all season is tough to accept .Even Haas got 1 point . Russell past the season as no match for any driver on any team. Bottas getting poles and wins against his team mate and Max on occasion is saying allot about his level as a driver. Charles spoiled me as far as a rookie coming up in a not so great car and doing wonders! And the Mexicano made them both look bad that race.
    Bottas did not have wrong tyres the whole race, nor the whole weekend. You are insult for intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I must say, I'm also struggling to get what you're saying Brembo. Let me ask you this. Is Hamilton 7 x WDC because of his driving supremacy or because of the car?
    Short answer please?
    Lewis' input as to how the car performed and what needs to be done after each race has a strong influence on how the car comes out each race. So it's the car supremacy due in part to the teams response to his input; and his safe driving , not hitting anything that earned him 7 WDCs and the teams WCCs.
    Last edited by Brembo; 22nd January 2021 at 14:17.

Lewis' input as to how the car performed and what needs to be done after each race has a strong influence on how the car comes out each race. So it's the car supremacy due in part to the teams response to his input; and his safe driving , not hitting anything that earned him 7 WDCs and the teams WCCs.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Wins & poles in the 100s. 8 WDC on the way ! Russell now knows the secret, it's Sir Lewis' shoes !

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    How about Bottas? Why did Russel ruin him in his first stroll in that car , a car not even set up for him?
    Just give it up.
    Russell came in 9th Bottas 8th. I wasn't aware Russell caused Bottas to not finish bettter than 8th and ruined his race.

So apparently the teams will vote on engine freeze sometime next week.....I bloody hope so Ferrari know what they are doing if they are PRO this.....otherwise Harry potters days will be numbered if he does something that will affect ferrari’s performance....
    Binotto said he would be in favour of an engine freeze as long as all the engines converge and are similar in power. He would not accept a freeze that would result in another situation like last years where one manufacturer is disadvantaged. In a way it might work to bring everyone up to Mercs power (or bring Merc down to the other powerplants) and negate their engine advantage, but on the other hand there would be no chance of Ferrari having the best engine again.

When Michael joined Merc so did Todt . Until he's long gone from FIA Ferrari will have to struggle getting a fair break. But.. I believe in Charles Sainz for podims 2021 regardless of the Todt's hatred .

Ferrari confirms seven drivers will test the 2018 SF71H car at Fiorano next week: Sainz, Leclerc, Shwartzman, Armstrong, Alesi, Ilott and Schumacher.

Monday - Alesi, Armstrong, Shwartzman
    Tuesday - C. Leclerc
    Wednesday, Thursday AM - Sainz
    Thursday PM, Friday AM - Schumacher
    Friday PM - Ilott

Ferrari really doing amazing work in preparing their drivers for the upcoming F1 and F2 season. "Apart from being helpful for all the drivers, the test is also an opportunity for the team itself to prepare for the one and only pre-season test in Bahrain from 12 to 14 March."
    It's not how start but how you finish.

If they are smart enough, they can also test out the 2021 engine early and see if there are any discrepancies between the real world and test bed data. I guess that's why they're giving Charles an entire day.

So it's not his driving supremacy then. Noted.

Another question just out of curiosity. Who do you think is the best driver on the current grid and why?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    If they are smart enough, they can also test out the 2021 engine early and see if there are any discrepancies between the real world and test bed data. I guess that's why they're giving Charles an entire day.
    Are they even allowed to throw in the 2018 car the 2021 engine???
    I thought that if they test the 2018 car, it has to have the 2018 engine.....

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    yep. I'm sure they are doing that not to mention swapping out as many components as they like due to testing.

Are they even allowed to throw in the 2018 car the 2021 engine???
    I thought that if they test the 2018 car, it has to have the 2018 engine.....
    F1 teams can test components on mule cars. They cannot test the whole 2021 car unless it testing at Bahrain or photoshoot tests or Pirelli tire test.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    yep. I'm sure they are doing that not to mention swapping out as many components as they like due to testing.

F1 teams can test components on mule cars. They cannot test the whole 2021 car unless it testing at Bahrain or photoshoot tests or Pirelli tire test.
    then i'd say throw in that 2021 engine in there and run it ALL DAY LONG FOR 5 STRAIGHT DAYS.....that'll prove its reliability as well as have an idea of how good the engine is.....

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    So it's not his driving supremacy then. Noted.

Another question just out of curiosity. Who do you think is the best driver on the current grid and why?
    Lewis by far is the best on the current grid. Just by his acknowledging his pole and winning results in a given season his talent cannot be denied. He gets the most out of that great car he's driving. ntukza I'd like you to answer the same question just out of curiosity also.
    Last edited by Brembo; 25th January 2021 at 14:38.