Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

If it's not broke, don't fix it! Qually is fine, it's the damn races that need fixing. Jeez

Imagine the tire confusion from 1st practice to the actual race. Throw in the weather changing cold; hot dry; rain ! A Pirelli $$ dream come true !

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    If it's not broke, don't fix it! Qually is fine, it's the damn races that need fixing. Jeez
    Yes! They are doing everything to mess up this one great sport!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Imagine the tire confusion from 1st practice to the actual race. Throw in the weather changing cold; hot dry; rain ! A Pirelli $$ dream come true !
    Not just the tyre confusion and weather conditions, the whole prospect is one of confusion with strict tyre allocations for each session, points for the sprint race, engine life expectancy, and are the teams ready for this kind of upheaval in a season when costs are supposed to be capped and the triple-headers will exhaust both the teams and drivers.

Never know. The sprints might play into our hands. Leclerc is great over 1 lap and if he starts up high and can make up a spot or keep his spot could be good. Especially shorter race, full out, with no strategy and pits to lose positions.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mercedes-2014-paddy-lowe/

Mercedes ‘idled’ in 2014 to avoid engine backlash

“The debate would then be how much to turn the engine up for Q3.

“I’d be getting it in the ear from Toto: ‘That’s too much, that’s too much’.

Paddy Lowe just confirming what we all already knew, Merc only opens the tap when needed. They keep it at a modest level so other teams wont protest. I highly doubt this was only going on in 2014, this has been happening every year since. They always mysteriously find more pace when needed to pull away. So sad to think that F1 fans have been robbed of 7 years of competition and no one did anything about it until this year. I still don't buy that Red Bull is faster than Merc, this is all for the show. Even Christian Horner is quoted saying that Wolff is lying that Red Bull are the favourites/fastest. Second half of the season Merc will hail their "in-season developments" and pull 2 seconds away from Red Bull.

It's been blatantly obvious for years that Mercedes play around to make it look like they have some competition. This is all done in order to keep the regulations in their favour. They create fake competition, that's why the hybrid era is the worst and least meaningful in the history of the sport. Fake titles for Hamilton and Mercedes.
    Last edited by ferrari1.8t; 29th April 2021 at 14:36.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Totally agree.
    But only Ferrari had to be investigated...

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/mercedes-2014-paddy-lowe/

Mercedes ‘idled’ in 2014 to avoid engine backlash

“The debate would then be how much to turn the engine up for Q3.

“I’d be getting it in the ear from Toto: ‘That’s too much, that’s too much’.

Paddy Lowe just confirming what we all already knew, Merc only opens the tap when needed. They keep it at a modest level so other teams wont protest. I highly doubt this was only going on in 2014, this has been happening every year since. They always mysteriously find more pace when needed to pull away. So sad to think that F1 fans have been robbed of 7 years of competition and no one did anything about it until this year. I still don't buy that Red Bull is faster than Merc, this is all for the show. Even Christian Horner is quoted saying that Wolff is lying that Red Bull are the favourites/fastest. Second half of the season Merc will hail their "in-season developments" and pull 2 seconds away from Red Bull.

It's been blatantly obvious for years that Mercedes play around to make it look like they have some competition. This is all done in order to keep the regulations in their favour. They create fake competition, that's why the hybrid era is the worst and least meaningful in the history of the sport. Fake titles for Hamilton and Mercedes.
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Totally agree.
    But only Ferrari had to be investigated...
    Strange, isn't it?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

We all suspected this and I would love to see a reaction from Toto & Co. If it proves to be 100% true, then Ferrari should protest in the strongest possible terms.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Strange, isn't it?
    Exactly and Merc has been burning the oil excessively since 2014 as we used to see puffs of blue smoke.... but the MIA did absolutely nothing for the longest time until ferrari and red bull started complaining and the oil to be burned during GP has been reduced as Merc was prolly burning more oils than gasoline....lol

Still I’m with you on the fake championships Merc and Louise have won......of course you do when yiu have NO competition at all....the only competition Louise had was when Nico was there....as it was NO #1 and #2 drivers then......but now the potato head Botass is a clear #2 and wing man......

SAD , SO SAD......and all the British loser media people call him the GOAT.....the goat that got beat by an average Button in 2012 as well as Rosberg.....take that SIR Luise

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    We all suspected this and I would love to see a reaction from Toto & Co. If it proves to be 100% true, then Ferrari should protest in the strongest possible terms.

Maybe they’re building a case on them as we speak......no they’re NoT, they have absolutely no spine in that team.....man I miss Enzo....he’s prolly rolling in his grave as to what bunch of amateurs are running the team nowadays

What are they going to do? The past is gone. They're not going to retroactively take way championships. Plus I think we need to distinguish between cheating and just having a hell of an advantage on the rest of the field. Now I agree Merc manipulated the FIA rule makers to enact the hybrid engine rules because they knew they would have the advantage but it's not necessarily cheating.

I cannot say they cheated.
    But for sure FIA did everything in their power to stop competition.
    The token system was designed for this. Of course, Ferrari and Renault should not accept it. I am sure that Merc wanted the tokens so bad that they threaten to quit. But I have no proof, apart from some circumstantial evidence...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Maybe they’re building a case on them as we speak......no they’re NoT, they have absolutely no spine in that team.....man I miss Enzo....he’s prolly rolling in his grave as to what bunch of amateurs are running the team nowadays
    They wont do anything, no one will. Something should have been done years ago but it never happened. I would like to think that one day the covers will come off, that merc and hamilton will be stripped of their fake titles. However, the reality is that it will never happen.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    You want us to protest that in 2014 Merc did not run their engine at full power? Yeah sound's like a brilliant idea that.....
    Forza Ferrari

The fact he admits Mercedes was sand bagging a lot in 2014 could mean they have been sand bagging SINCE 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    The fact he admits Mercedes was sand bagging a lot in 2014 could mean they have been sand bagging SINCE 2014.
    i mean, it's a fact. Look at them when they seem to struggle in any given weekend then magically they win the race. (they have lot's of hidden performance in the bag and it's not even close)

IF Merc ran full power from 2014 onwards, several F1 teams would immediately fall under the 7% rule and would NOT be eligible to race.

So, in the nature of F1 and to keep the "show" going, Merc did'nt run full power in 2014 and onwards. Kinda like that cliche " Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it".....and Merc has it.....alot of it.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    IF Merc ran full power from 2014 onwards, several F1 teams would immediately fall under the 7% rule and would NOT be eligible to race.

So, in the nature of F1 and to keep the "show" going, Merc did'nt run full power in 2014 and onwards. Kinda like that cliche " Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it".....and Merc has it.....alot of it.
    But we'd still like to know HOW?!

But we'd still like to know HOW?!
    Well, from the beginning when Merc decided to invest into this turbo hybrid formula, they built 3 turbo hybrid engines. One of those engines was indestructable when it came to loads and rpms.....per Andy Cowell.

Honda has restructured their turbo hybrid engine layout to mimick Mercedes, since 2017 while Ferrari's and Renault's turbo hybrid engine has not currently YET Honda seems to be the closest to Mercedes given the car as well.

Once Ben Hodingston(spelled right??) from Mercedes starts work in 2022 and more Mercedes personel join RedBull's engine dept. and POSSIBLY VW (Porsche) takes over the Honda unit....the PU could be up-to-par to Mercedes in the future.....alot of moving parts going on at the RedBull engine dept in the next coming years.

I doubt Ferrari and Renault will catch up as they evolve with the new engine layout copied from Mercedes in their engine layouts in 2022.

Except Ferrari had pretty much already caught up in 2018. Their engine was considered just as good as the Merc.

Yep the "headstart" excuse really is poor now. We have not done a good enough job to beat them....yet
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Except Ferrari had pretty much already caught up in 2018. Their engine was considered just as good as the Merc.
    Then why is Ferrari losing a second or close to a second per lap to Mercedes in 2021 ending the race a minute or just under a minute a race???

Very informative article about Toto's future in F1 in conjunction with Stroll ;)

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/04...pack-of-cards/

Forget the new floor for Barcelona:

Ferrari will not use the new floor in Barcelona this weekend (neither in quali and in the race). The new floor (tested in free practice in Portimão) was an experimental piece and served as a basis for evaluating future developments.

"In the following races, we will see some more updates, then like all the other teams, Ferrari will concentrate their resources only for 2022. If we see the floor in the future again, it will be part of a larger package and changes."

Info from corriere.it

Guess we shall see. But I'm expecting a big upgrade for Spain. It's a proper track for testing new parts and everyone is bringing major upgrades as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Well, from the beginning when Merc decided to invest into this turbo hybrid formula, they built 3 turbo hybrid engines. One of those engines was indestructable when it came to loads and rpms.....per Andy Cowell.

Honda has restructured their turbo hybrid engine layout to mimick Mercedes, since 2017 while Ferrari's and Renault's turbo hybrid engine has not currently YET Honda seems to be the closest to Mercedes given the car as well.

Once Ben Hodingston(spelled right??) from Mercedes starts work in 2022 and more Mercedes personel join RedBull's engine dept. and POSSIBLY VW (Porsche) takes over the Honda unit....the PU could be up-to-par to Mercedes in the future.....alot of moving parts going on at the RedBull engine dept in the next coming years.

I doubt Ferrari and Renault will catch up as they evolve with the new engine layout copied from Mercedes in their engine layouts in 2022.
    Thanks for the response, but we have to hope that Ferrari's 2022 engine WILL be on a par with Merc and Honda with the same turbo in the vee layout, otherwise what's the point? There are likely to be hiccups with reliability but Ferrari will have had plenty of time to get it right. I still find it hard to believe that Merc have been able to stay so far ahead for so long, legally!

Thanks for the response, but we have to hope that Ferrari's 2022 engine WILL be on a par with Merc and Honda with the same turbo in the vee layout, otherwise what's the point? There are likely to be hiccups with reliability but Ferrari will have had plenty of time to get it right. I still find it hard to believe that Merc have been able to stay so far ahead for so long, legally!
    They’re staying ahead for so long because they’re stuffing the FIA,s pockets with money and they turn on a blind eye....they want sir Luise reach 8 wdc,s and beat and surpass Michaels records no matt r what it takes.....conspiracy, I think NOT

I still don't understand how long do engine manufacturers need to reach engine parity, none of them is short on resources and all of them knew how to build great engines in the past (Ferrari, Renault, Honda).
    When Ferrari did challenge Mercedes with enough engine power and even more it turned out they were tricking the fuel flow sensor, so my guess is Mercedes cheated their way to domination and are still doing it, because 8 years and still no other engine manufacturer to match them, it is not logical at all.