Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171829 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Of course you couldn't!!! He is 4 wheel (paw) drive and you are 2 !!!!! Just SO much more grip !!!!!!
    Exactly!
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Local judge suspends Sao Paolo GP (Interlagos).
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Imola returns and Australian GP moved to November on revised F1 schedule

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/30693859/imola-returns-australian-gp-moved-november-revised-f1-schedule

It must be a frantic right now for the organisers.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Its going to be a year of hit and miss.A logistics nitemare awaits expect the unexpected.

https://www.gazzetta.it/Formula-1/13...40717205.shtml

if this is true.... it is a VERY sad Ferrari period
    basically headline states: F1 is thinking of postponing the rule changes from 2021 to 2022,
    in other words same rules for this year and next year and the new rules to take effect in 2023.....

Quote Originally Posted by ragfone View Post

basically headline states: F1 is thinking of postponing the rule changes from 2021 to 2022,
    in other words same rules for this year and next year and the new rules to take effect in 2023.....
    It's a hypothesis......nothing concrete. As it stands currently, the new rules go into effect 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by ragfone View Post

Thankfully looks like it is just rumor’s:

But F1 has made clear that there is no thought being given to any further delay to the introduction of the new rules, which have long been viewed by Liberty as essential for improving the sport.”

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...aign=widget-22
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Just end the sport already! Why do you have to put it through a million cuts and torture the hell out of it? If 2022 is competitive, more people will watch the sport, more advertisement and in turn more money. If only liberty realised that there are other aspects of a sport other than PR and Netflix, the sport would be in a much better place. Domenicali yet again going through his old reasoning of "we're working on the next year's car".
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Just watched a Vid on YT on rumors of Hamiltons demands! They sound outrageous...

1. Project One Hypercar.
    2. 200 mill over 4 years.
    3. 10% of teams earnings
    4. Long Term role within the team stucture.

Seems a bit excessive when budgets etc are being introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by kshitijmalkan View Post
    Just watched a Vid on YT on rumors of Hamiltons demands! They sound outrageous...

1. Project One Hypercar.
    2. 200 mill over 4 years.
    3. 10% of teams earnings
    4. Long Term role within the team stucture.

Seems a bit excessive when budgets etc are being introduced.

Yep, not to mention Mercedes in litigation for cheating in the automotive industry PLUS the layoff of 10's of thousands of Mercedes employees.

Sir Lewis wants his money plus privileges. He does'nt care about the 10's of thousands out of work or the litigation issues (not Lewis's fault I know). Pay up Mercedes or get Russell for half of what Lewis is asking for....maybe less.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Yep, not to mention Mercedes in litigation for cheating in the automotive industry PLUS the layoff of 10's of thousands of Mercedes employees.

Sir Lewis wants his money plus privileges. He does'nt care about the 10's of thousands out of work or the litigation issues (not Lewis's fault I know). Pay up Mercedes or get Russell for half of what Lewis is asking for....maybe less.
    Half?????? are you kidding me??? if they get Russel, (which i hope they really do and give Sir Lewis THE BOOT to the rear end).....he'll prolly get paid 10Mil a year......if that

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Half?????? are you kidding me??? if they get Russel, (which i hope they really do and give Sir Lewis THE BOOT to the rear end).....he'll prolly get paid 10Mil a year......if that
    Yeah, I hope Mercedes signs Russell as well. Get rid of the 7x WDC and all his "shenanigans" that he brings on the track.

Yeah, I hope Mercedes signs Russell as well. Get rid of the 7x WDC and all his "shenanigans" that he brings on the track.
    oh, God.......be so much better around the paddock without 2 chains riding his little crappy little bike.....LOLOLOL

His knight hood is not worth 40 million euros. May be the queen can chip in with Damlier to make it happen for sir Lewis after all she created the hype.

Alpine F1 has released pics of their 2021 F1 car.

Leclerc tests positive for Covid-19.

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/...354930690?s=19
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    His knight hood is not worth 40 million euros. May be the queen can chip in with Damlier to make it happen for sir Lewis after all she created the hype.
    You are right; his knight hood is not worth 40 million euros but his driving results are for sure worth every euro +. The virus caused him to miss one race and the car came in 9th behind Bottas! Despite Russells best efforts. In his absents the Merc pit crew fell apart and no one knows how Russell got that puncture. Not fully recovered Louis came back to race anyway and brought the car in 3rd on the podium. The best thing that can happen for at least 4 teams is Merc not signing Lewis The podium will be reopened to some great drivers. Merc would definitely loose the hold they have WCC WDC wise. Russell will be but is not ready yet. All in all I don't believe either Merc or Lewis will walk away from a final deal if they already haven't got one and are just doing this for publicity and $$$
    Last edited by Brembo; 14th January 2021 at 17:23.

If Lewis sticks to his demands, and if those listed above are his demands, then Merc will walk. 10% of earnings? Basically he's asking for around 60-70 million a year. Sorry Brembo, he isn't worth that much. I'll bet their talking to Max right now.

On Charles Leclerc's positive test for COVID I'm glad his symptoms are mild and hope to read that he'll test negative soon with no after-effects!
    To all of you/us here please exercise all best prescribed precautions to stay safe and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    If Lewis sticks to his demands, and if those listed above are his demands, then Merc will walk. 10% of earnings? Basically he's asking for around 60-70 million a year. Sorry Brembo, he isn't worth that much. I'll bet their talking to Max right now.
    Not when you can put just about anyone in that car and they’ll bring in wins....it’s the car, period...

As much as I’d like to see Sir 2 chains out of a job for 2021....that won’t happen they’ll prolly come to an agreement...that would be the cherry on a cake if Sir 2 chains would be on the sidelines in 2021....�� ��

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Leclerc tests positive for Covid-19.

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/...354930690?s=19
    Should've stayed in his home rather than partying around in Dubai. I really don't get this F1 drivers tbh.

Yup. One good performance in a micky mouse track means Russell is better than a 7xWDC.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I agree with you . I don't believe he's asking for all that. Toto and Lewis are having a good time. But.. I do believe they need each other .

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yup. One good performance in a micky mouse track means Russell is better than a 7xWDC.
    Not necessarily better, but I can bet dollars to donuts that russel can win races as much as Sir 2 chains can....haters always hate

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I agree with you . I don't believe he's asking for all that. Toto and Lewis are having a good time. But.. I do believe they need each other .
    Not asking for a lot??? Are yiu kidding me?? No driver on a grid especially in this day and age with all the cuts is worth 60-70 million dollars.....when they can get someone like Russel.....or even Crashjean and deliver the sa,e results....it’s THE cat mate....anybody can win in it

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Mika Salo stepped in for Michael Schumacher at the GermanGP in 1999 after Michael broke his leg in Silverstone. Salo got the order to let off the throttle from Ross Brawn so Irvine could win. Salo came in 2nd and he was reserve driver for Ferrari and that was his best drive of the season.

The car is vastly important...about 80%. Given time, Russell would build up his race-craft in any W0X variant in this turbo hybrid era and win multiple WDC. Same goes for Max, Leclerc, Ricciardo, Norris, Alonso, and quite possibly Gasly.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Not asking for a lot??? Are yiu kidding me?? No driver on a grid especially in this day and age with all the cuts is worth 60-70 million dollars.....when they can get someone like Russel.....or even Crashjean and deliver the sa,e results....it’s THE cat mate....anybody can win in it
    I bet there will be a compromise between Sir Lewis and Mercedes.......possibly a 1 year deal only.....I'm only speculating of course.

I agree it's too much, I meant i don't believe he'actually asking for that amount. Max yes he's that good . Russell needs time before he can get in that car and do the same. It's not how you start it's where you finish. Russell was IN THE CAR ! He finished 9th ! Pits don't count it's the car !