Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262738 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    The Lemans entry is due to F1 budget cap, staff would have to be made redundant, awkward to do so re purposed some staff to LeMans effort. Also Ferrari are practically building Hass now with more staff they have to split off from F1 due to budget cap.

BOP is worrying with Germans about, they've gone for the cheaper slower alternative and will likely do that German thing of being manipulative and use the BOP to their advantage but with big hitters in the hypercar class and putting more money in maybe the Germans lose out this time with their dodgy politics.
    Exactly.
    Also, it's a really good thing that Ferrari actually shows that they have more than one main interest; other than F1.

It's only a good thing.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

More changes in Ferrari F1 chassis department.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    There is no other reason why he would stay back. As much as people like to talk trash about him, one mustn't forget that he is a genius who was heavily involved in engine building from the beginning of Schumacher's dominance. He is an extremely good engineer no matter what people say.
    He's a great as an engineer, no doubt.
    But, in a management role?
    I expect a short life-span or he'd do a great job.
    Either way, only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    More changes in Ferrari F1 chassis department.
    Hope it helps the Scuderia.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    no longer a part of Ferrari's plans. Confirmed by Binotto himself.
    The main point of bringing Haas into Maranello and pushing staff over to them plus this LeMans effort is to retain existing staff. Would be hard on existing staff to say we have to move you to the USA or fire you. The current announcements with Haas and LeMans means staff are retained and do not have to move thousands of miles to keep their jobs.

A view of Mercedes split turbo design wth the MGU-H next to the compressor while the exhaust portion is on the other end. These 2 components sit between the V banks of the 6 cylinder ICE.

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/st...141508/photo/1

One thing you won't see is the ferrari engine layout no chance.

The Mercedes W12

The Alpine A521

Any chance the SF21 will get a narrower nose like most other teams or have all of our tokens been used on the rear end and engine?

No chance, all tokens spent at back.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Any chance the SF21 will get a narrower nose like most other teams or have all of our tokens been used on the rear end and engine?
    Yes, there is a chance. We still don't know where Ferrari have used most of the tokens. We are also allowed more wind tunnel days than Mercedes.

I just hope that Ferrari will be quiet about their token allocation. No point at divulging all the details about token expenditure during the car launch event.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yes, there is a chance. We still don't know where Ferrari have used most of the tokens. We are also allowed more wind tunnel days than Mercedes.

I just hope that Ferrari will be quiet about their token allocation. No point at divulging all the details about token expenditure during the car launch event.
    Ferrari already said 2 tokens at the rear. Back must be where their most deficient on the chassis so unlikely to do the thin nose. Ferrari have more wind tunnel time but should use none of it on this years car should all go for 2022 car. Same with everyone else, no one should really bring updates. Competitive order after 1st few races likely to be it for the year.

They left Ferrari in the beginning of the season and Ferrari removed the decal on the car and put red tape of their sponsor name on their shirts/polo's/jackets BUT Weichai Power are back with Ferrari in 2021.

https://twitter.com/decalspotters/st...306309/photo/1

I doubt Ferrari went with a slender nose for 2021. (please prove me wrong)

[bolded area] These cars being launched are just that.....launch cars. They will look different from an aero perspective come the 2 weeks of practice before Melbourne(????).

I doubt Ferrari went with a slender nose for 2021. (please prove me wrong)

[bolded area] These cars being launched are just that.....launch cars. They will look different from an aero perspective come the 2 weeks of practice before Melbourne(????).
    For the others quite possible (A/T already run a new slim nose on their test run) ,but for as it will be the first!!!!!
    We almost never chamge anything from the launch spec. Most of the times not even the front wing!!!!!
    Hope this will change and probably will because as Binotto said ,the car will not gonna change from the 1st race till the end.Its like almost all the "upgrades/ideas " we have for this year's car will have it from day 1 and that's it!!!! From then on it'd all about 2022!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

It already is about 2022.

I thought Harry Potter said in an interview last year that they will spend the tokens in the rear as there will be more time to be found rather than the new slim nose up front
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Ya. I think most of the issues came from having an unstable rear end so that's where they're concentrating... didn't have so many issues with the beak so that stays. If they can plant the rear and increase straight line speed, then we are good to go. I think we were still pretty good in the twisty bits, so hopefully they were able to keep that.

Along with more HP. less Down force and hopefully fast pits, Ferrari's biggest upgrade is.... Sainz ! All this.... POINTS to podiums. Along with "Ferrari Trento! "
    Last edited by Brembo; 3rd March 2021 at 00:57.

"I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

That AMR21 looks good and fast. Love the livery and how they intregrated the hint of BWT pink on the car.

The Cucumber Merc.

Its crazy, even with copying Merc, that RP is so detailed. Narrow nose, bargeboards, suspension, sidepods (very very nicely integrated PU and tightly packaged). Like, its almost like they have higher budget then us.

With Ferrari its always "This doesnt need to change because its good enough as is (when we had long nose)". Then we changed to shorter and wider one, being one of the latest. And then after everyone went with narrow we are like "Advantages are not that big, its better to spend it on back of the car". Same thing with suspension, front and back. Always "good enough". We are always 1 year too late. Always.

The Cucumber Merc.
    Sadly me thinks that Vettel with that cucumber green Merc will prolly be on the podium places this year....don’t know if I can say the same with our drivers....hopefully Harry Potter was right to spend them tokens on the rear of the car rather then to have a slim nose.....time will tell
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Its crazy, even with copying Merc, that RP is so detailed. Narrow nose, bargeboards, suspension, sidepods (very very nicely integrated PU and tightly packaged). Like, its almost like they have higher budget then us.

With Ferrari its always "This doesnt need to change because its good enough as is (when we had long nose)". Then we changed to shorter and wider one, being one of the latest. And then after everyone went with narrow we are like "Advantages are not that big, its better to spend it on back of the car". Same thing with suspension, front and back. Always "good enough". We are always 1 year too late. Always.
    Totally agree with you mate....it’s like we’re afraid to change the nose concept or something....it’s gotta be a good benefit to have a slim nose, otherwise why would a lot of teams do it??

Anyways, it’s too late to do it now with 2022 rules coming and all.....we should have jumped that bandwagon 2-3 years ago

I wonder what girl name Seb will call his car??

suggestion-->Pu**y Galore???

I wonder what girl name Seb will call his car??

suggestion-->Pu**y Galore???
    Very funny, but once again it looks just like another Merc with an extra mammary on the engine cover, as with the 2021 Merc. Copycat galore is more like it.

Very funny, but once again it looks just like another Merc with an extra mammary on the engine cover, as with the 2021 Merc. Copycat galore is more like it.
    Well it’s just a w11 painted green....as last years was a w10 painted pink....
    Last years tracing point was pretty fast...if stroller did OK in it, I’d imagine Vettel in a copycat Merc will shine as well

But in all seriousness, the bulge that Aston Martin has this year is identical to Merc because it’s got something to do with the engine layout...

Don’t know why ferrari is not doing extreme shrink wrap with its engine cover ala Merc.....
    Y

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Well it’s just a w11 painted green....as last years was a w10 painted pink....
    Last years tracing point was pretty fast...if stroller did OK in it, I’d imagine Vettel in a copycat Merc will shine as well

But in all seriousness, the bulge that Aston Martin has this year is identical to Merc because it’s got something to do with the engine layout...

Don’t know why ferrari is not doing extreme shrink wrap with its engine cover ala Merc.....
    Y

Ferrari has one of the tightest engine covers. They don't have all the bulk up top. If it has a bulge probably means that part had to be put there afterwards, probably not what any designer wants on his car.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Totally agree with you mate....it’s like we’re afraid to change the nose concept or something....it’s gotta be a good benefit to have a slim nose, otherwise why would a lot of teams do it??

Anyways, it’s too late to do it now with 2022 rules coming and all.....we should have jumped that bandwagon 2-3 years ago

But let's not forget that Ferrari had a very quick car in 2017, 2018 and 2019 with the same nose. Not saying there isn't a benefit in a slim nose but maybe it doesn't impact the car as much as other areas.. maybe it doesn't impact our car as much as other areas.