Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232435 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

Ferrari can easily drop out of F1.
    All they care are the RB and Mercs

Why do they bother?

Not sure where to post this...

Alonso was in a cycling accident in Switzerland. I hope he is ok, I was really looking forward to his comeback this year.

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3...nt-switzerland
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

Alonso was in a cycling accident in Switzerland. I hope he is ok, I was really looking forward to his comeback this year.

Get well soon Nando.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

The more sites/articles I read, the more I understand we will be stuck with this years engine until 2024. At that point the new cheap, efficient engines with bio-fuels will be introduced. If this is true, Hamilton and/or Merc are guaranteed another 4 titles unless Ferrari creates magic with this years PU. Does Binotto work for Merc or Ferrari?
    Engine freeze is in place for the start of 2022, u can bring a brand new engine at the start of 2022 but then no development. New engine formula 2025. Bet if Merc or Red Bull lose out on engine power to Ferrari the freeze will be lifted.

Well may as well cancel the sky subscription for now! F1 seems to be in self destruction mode.

Personally, over the last few months I have picked up baking and a Sunday afternoon fits perfectly in my schedule!

Hopefully nothing serious for Nando, speedy recovery
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by kshitijmalkan View Post
    Well may as well cancel the sky subscription for now! F1 seems to be in self destruction mode.

Personally, over the last few months I have picked up baking and a Sunday afternoon fits perfectly in my schedule!

I agree. It seems like F1 is slowly killing itself. Trying to appease everyone but the most important team in F1... what happens when Red Bull are stuck with an engine that's down on power compared to the others? Are they going to cry until the other powerplants are detuned? They say they'll use Honda engines but don't want to develop them? How far behind will they be in 2022? Better if they just went back to Renault.

*** no!
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    You mean that same track where Schumacher started from the pit lane and finished 4th?
    The current cars are way too large to even make a comparison, mate.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Not too fussed about engine freeze. I'm pretty sure our engine is going to be the class of the field again. But I do hope Ferrari isn't going to back down, when we have the class leading engine and others are crying about engine freeze and wanting to lift it.
    Are you serious? How are you so confident about this after all that had happened?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    But with engine lock incoming and lead time to do such thing (they must have been developing it for year or two already, it is probably way to late for anyone to even try.
    ... Then why would the others agree to the freeze knowing now that Ferrari have been working on something revolutionary? Or I guess they've been talking up the idea so much that they simply couldn't disavow it at the last minute despite being taken by surprise by Ferrari's announcement and new found confidence.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Honestly, F1 is going to crash with no survivors once the engine freeze comes into play. Just imagine if there was such a thing in the late '90s because of the demands by Williams to find an engine partner. Bernie would've asked them to *** right off. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Bernie was by far the most sane man when it came to making decisions for F1. The Americans have ruined yet another sport.

Ferrari should abandon F1 and move to WEC. There's no point in staying loyal to a sport that not only isn't loyal to you, but also actively works against your interests (since 2003). Congratulations to Hamilton and Mercedes, for winning everything till 2025/2026 or whenever the *** the next engine regs will start from.

Ferrari will no doubt be the the new mercedes in 2022 they have been working on this for 2 years while merc were chasing titles. A smart move from ferrari knowing when to abandon ship.The engine freeze will disadvantage the others.I think ferrari will even surprise this year binotto is playing the smart game under selling the chances this year after all we all love surprises.

I fear stagnation.

An engine freeze/token system failed dramatically the last time.

But with standardisation and stagnation, whats the point!

Looks like Alfa has something new ... wonder if Ferrari does as well?

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...21_Alfa_Romeo/

Resta will be 99 percent working on the 2022 Haas car from the end of February according to Steiner. Wonder if we are doing something similar at Maranello, since Resta will only be next door...

Engine freeze might not be so bad after all

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Resta will be 99 percent working on the 2022 Haas car from the end of February according to Steiner. Wonder if we are doing something similar at Maranello, since Resta will only be next door...

That's if we get it right.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Hopefully nothing serious for Nando, speedy recovery
    Thankfully it seems like its minor injuries, nothing to serious to keep him out of this season

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...paign=widget-1
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Thankfully it seems like its minor injuries, nothing to serious to keep him out of this season

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...paign=widget-1
    Those are great news.....looking 4ward to see Alo back in an F1 car
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

From late last year we kept hearing that teams will work on 2022 as soon as Jan 2021 when they are allowed to, so this isn't news really. In fact, I'd be shocked if Merc aren't heavily into the 2022 programme already, especially also considering how everyone approached 2021 as merely an inconvenient continuation of 2020. We are slightly different because we NEED a good year this year, so I wonder how we're approaching things. My guess is we also have some personnel fully working on 2022, and I suspect that whatever we have at testing is what we're stuck with for the rest of the year, so fingers crossed it's good enough.
    Forza Ferrari

Resta will be 99 percent working on the 2022 Haas & Ferrari car from the end of February according to Steiner. Wonder if we are doing something similar at Maranello, since Resta will only be next door...

Fixed it for you Budget cap trickery and all that. Wouldn't surprise me if the new proposed Monaco team is a Ferrari plant.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Honestly, F1 is going to crash with no survivors once the engine freeze comes into play. Just imagine if there was such a thing in the late '90s because of the demands by Williams to find an engine partner. Bernie would've asked them to *** right off. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Bernie was by far the most sane man when it came to making decisions for F1. The Americans have ruined yet another sport.

Ferrari should abandon F1 and move to WEC. There's no point in staying loyal to a sport that not only isn't loyal to you, but also actively works against your interests (since 2003). Congratulations to Hamilton and Mercedes, for winning everything till 2025/2026 or whenever the *** the next engine regs will start from.
    Rather agree. Been saying for a while we should move to endurance racing. F1 is moving to 'lowest common denominator' status. Gimmicks, , apparent bias - OK, inconsistency - from the authorities vis-a-vis different teams and worst of all, the ludicrous attempt to go 'woke' and 'green' despite holding races in the world's worst countries for human rights etc!

F1 should be the pinnacle of motorsport. No budget caps, test as you wish and innovation should be rewarded.

Mercedes stole a march in the hybrid era and haven't looked back. Good for them*. If it had been us we'd not be moaning and I sure as Hell enjoyed the years of Schuey/ Ferrari domination.

Rant over.

*and their boring road cars!
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Are you serious? How are you so confident about this after all that had happened?
    Because I'm not counting 2020 as the definitive year. Last year was an outlier, I'm not going to disregard all the hard work and dedication Ferrari had put on the engine from 2015-2019. We had pretty good engines in 2015-17, and had the outright best PU from 2018-2019. Unless there is another 2 months lockdown in Italy, I don't see any reasons for why this years engine isn't going to be good. And I don't foresee any reasons for why it wouldn't be the best engine of 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Because I'm not counting 2020 as the definitive year. Last year was an outlier, I'm not going to disregard all the hard work and dedication Ferrari had put on the engine from 2015-2019. We had pretty good engines in 2015-17, and had the outright best PU from 2018-2019. Unless there is another 2 months lockdown in Italy, I don't see any reasons for why this years engine isn't going to be good. And I don't foresee any reasons for why it wouldn't be the best engine of 2021.

WOW, I wish I had your confidence.....2021 for Ferrari to have the best engine of all engine manufacturers??? So what Harry Potter said a month or so ago that we’ll fight for 3rd in WCC was just a bluff you think???

Time will tell but I personally don’t think that the 2021 ferrari engine will be a class of the field like it was in 2019....maybe with the revolutionary engine design for 2022 we might see an engine that can take the fight to Merc.....but until then I seriously have my doubts
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

There is a reason Bernie sold off!!!! And it is not all about his age!

Liberty Media is not the clown driving this circus! It feels like the circus is driving itself! And the circus is scrambling around in circles!

When I heard Brawn had signed up to work with the Chase Crew, I had the feeling there was meat to this bone!

I would not be surprised, some of these agreements are being made to ensure F1 survives, the length of time needed for longterm contracts to run out and alternative options to be explored by teams.

I do believe after the next round of rule changes, we will have a further set of standarizations for 3 years and finally somewhere around 2028 we will have a fully spec series.

This spec series, will be feature/exhibition 2033 and integrated calendar of other FIA sanctioned events. By this point Formula E would have matured with better prospects and possibly attracting manufacturer with independent chassis and technical development!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Rather agree. Been saying for a while we should move to endurance racing. F1 is moving to 'lowest common denominator' status. Gimmicks, , apparent bias - OK, inconsistency - from the authorities vis-a-vis different teams and worst of all, the ludicrous attempt to go 'woke' and 'green' despite holding races in the world's worst countries for human rights etc!

F1 should be the pinnacle of motorsport. No budget caps, test as you wish and innovation should be rewarded.

Mercedes stole a march in the hybrid era and haven't looked back. Good for them*. If it had been us we'd not be moaning and I sure as Hell enjoyed the years of Schuey/ Ferrari domination.

Rant over.

*and their boring road cars!
    The reality is F1 is becoming dangerously expensive. You think the teams are disappointed about the budget caps and regulations? Of course not. They're all grateful for them. Take those away and the teams would leave F1 in any case. There's no option but to adapt. Adapt or close the sport down.
    Forza Ferrari

Alonso is out of the hospital. He walked himself out. He's good.

McLaren Reveal Their 2021 Car: The MCL35M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CzwriLVhGI

Looks rubbish, hope it is. Fat piece along the midriff, sidepods tuck in tight at the back but has that big fat bit overlapping and the engine cover is huge. Maybe the modelled it retro style on Ron Dennis and Norbert Haags belies.