Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161728 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    The British press will just latch onto Russel.. 'the next big thing'.
    No one ever explained how that tire got punctured . Heavy tire wear was mentioned. Driving that rocket for the first time had to be tough on handling the tires to get them to hold out,
    Last edited by Brembo; 7th January 2021 at 14:07.

I didn't think they were that old. I think the first set went almost 30 laps. Pretty sure the punctured tires had less than 10 laps.

Bernie like anyone is entitled to his views.... at this point he is a glorified spectator like you and I. If liberty valued his views, he would have still been around.

But there certainly are ways to make F1 a better sport and not a entertainment setup. In that, they primarily need to identify the business as a sport or entertainment business. The later would diminish any investments they have made. And chamionships would have no more meaning. Basically a worldwide automotive WWE!

If it remains a sport, there always will be a relevance between F1 and the automotive industry, not just automotive. And if this is the path Liberty choose, there is plenty they can do... this is just the opinion of a F1 fan who sits every in front of the tele everyother Sunday and blog posts and forums over the internet!

And this is my 2 cent

1. CHASSIS -

A. Stick to a formula similar to what we have or are going to in 2022, open wheel, single seater carbon composit unibody, etc... but rather than diminidhing and restricting downforce, set benchmarks using creative freedom in design to allow cars to follow.

What I mean is, allow engineers to donwhat ever they want, but another car of a similar concept should be able to follow without aero distruption within a set distance of the rear.

2. POWERTRAIN

Allow freedom of architecture, with cumpulsory hybrid tech. Teams should hsve the freedom of choosing any hybrid tech they fancy and extract what ever performance they can from this setup.

Limit teams use of such power trains to only 3 per season and lets see how they cope. Every additional power train should carry negative points from their tally.

Rotary F1 car with the crazy batteryless williams KERS... lets crazy stuff like that happen.

3. FUEL and LUBRICANTS

All fuels and Lubes used in F1 should be commercially available to purchase and account for atleast a set percentage of the companies sales. Teams should be able to choose from any type they want

This should put an end to exotic concoctions.

4. BUDGETS

All teams should be allowed a cash injection, on a loan basis. This should be repaid. The teams should solely operate from their sponsorship and prize money.

This is probably the most trickiest one...

6. TYRES

Introduce the tyre wars again... let teams choose their own compounds, yheir own manufacturers and their own rim sizes.

Inhave to say i quiet like the idea of running multiple compounds, so i would like to see teams race atleast one hard and one soft compound in a race.

Ofcourse there need to be some basic parameters set within each of these points, but all in all the basic idea is to encourage engineers to be more innovative, while allowing drivers to fight each other.

This may fruitfully cultivate a field of pink mercedes, but with more engineering freedom they wont all perform the same over time.

I really dont mind blown diffusers or mass dampers or trick suspensionsor highly synthetic tyres, etc at all, coz they all helped my daily commute being as pleasurable as can be.

Who knows! If a teams allowed to innovate, they may find better batteries than Tesla!

I dont expect much from 2022 reg changes, but I ca only hope.

Lets create a Group B F1

Quote Originally Posted by kshitijmalkan View Post
    Bernie like anyone is entitled to his views.... at this point he is a glorified spectator like you and I. If liberty valued his views, he would have still been around.

But there certainly are ways to make F1 a better sport and not a entertainment setup. In that, they primarily need to identify the business as a sport or entertainment business. The later would diminish any investments they have made. And chamionships would have no more meaning. Basically a worldwide automotive WWE!

If it remains a sport, there always will be a relevance between F1 and the automotive industry, not just automotive. And if this is the path Liberty choose, there is plenty they can do... this is just the opinion of a F1 fan who sits every in front of the tele everyother Sunday and blog posts and forums over the internet!

And this is my 2 cent

1. CHASSIS -

A. Stick to a formula similar to what we have or are going to in 2022, open wheel, single seater carbon composit unibody, etc... but rather than diminidhing and restricting downforce, set benchmarks using creative freedom in design to allow cars to follow.

What I mean is, allow engineers to donwhat ever they want, but another car of a similar concept should be able to follow without aero distruption within a set distance of the rear.

2. POWERTRAIN

Allow freedom of architecture, with cumpulsory hybrid tech. Teams should hsve the freedom of choosing any hybrid tech they fancy and extract what ever performance they can from this setup.

Limit teams use of such power trains to only 3 per season and lets see how they cope. Every additional power train should carry negative points from their tally.

Rotary F1 car with the crazy batteryless williams KERS... lets crazy stuff like that happen.

3. FUEL and LUBRICANTS

All fuels and Lubes used in F1 should be commercially available to purchase and account for atleast a set percentage of the companies sales. Teams should be able to choose from any type they want

4. BUDGETS

All teams should be allowed a cash injection, on a loan basis. This should be repaid. The teams should solely operate from their sponsorship and prize money.

6. TYRES

Introduce the tyre wars again... let teams choose their own compounds, yheir own manufacturers and their own rim sizes.

Inhave to say i quiet like the idea of running multiple compounds, so i would like to see teams race atleast one hard and one soft compound in a race.

Ofcourse there need to be some basic parameters set within each of these points, but all in all the basic idea is to encourage engineers to be more innovative, while allowing drivers to fight each other.

This may fruitfully cultivate a field of pink mercedes, but with more engineering freedom they wont all perform the same over time.

I really dont mind blown diffusers or mass dampers or trick suspensionsor highly synthetic tyres, etc at all, coz they all helped my daily commute being as pleasurable as can be.

Who knows! If a teams allowed to innovate, they may find better batteries than Tesla!

Lets create a Group B F1
    These F1 turbo hybrids will never be used in the "everyday" automotive industry. Astronomically expensive.

You want a zero carbon footprint with all the auto assist's gizmo's, get a Tesla. You can pratically sleep in the car as the car drives itself. That's the automotive world of the future. F1 serves no purpose in this "future" automotive world.

F1 nneds to be about the show or entertainment.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Bring back refueling. Let teams choose their tire compound before the race and use just that 1 compound. Easy. Formula 1 is fixed.
    Let me know if I need to elaborate.

And this is my 2 cent

1. CHASSIS -

2. POWERTRAIN

3. FUEL and LUBRICANTS

4. BUDGETS

6. TYRES

Lets create a Group B F1
    The thing is that as it stands, F1 is becoming stale.
    It's not just the budget reduction, it's also the whole "you cannot do" attitude.

F1 is supposed to be all about innovation. Innovation is all about thinking out of the box.
    I remember an era where race cars could race with different engine types in the same race. Where there were cars with 6 wheels racing along with cars with 4.
    THAT was the era where engineers of all sorts went nuts. And innovation of all sorts went wild.

Right now, this is dead ,and we think that DAS and DRS are innovations. No, they're not. Not really.

F1 needs to leave people do their job.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    The thing is that as it stands, F1 is becoming stale.
    It's not just the budget reduction, it's also the whole "you cannot do" attitude.

F1 is supposed to be all about innovation. Innovation is all about thinking out of the box.
    I remember an era where race cars could race with different engine types in the same race. Where there were cars with 6 wheels racing along with cars with 4.
    THAT was the era where engineers of all sorts went nuts. And innovation of all sorts went wild.

Right now, this is dead ,and we think that DAS and DRS are innovations. No, they're not. Not really.

F1 needs to leave people do their job.
    Fully agree
    This today so called F1 racing is just staged show

F1 has, for some time, become something like horse races: (more or less) fun to watch, but technologically unrelated and irrelevant for the real world (i.e. car industry). In that regard, it should take the FUN route (e.g. loud ICE without battery or electricity) rather that trying to be "useful".
    Simple question: is there any part of electrical powertrain technology that's transferred from F1 to any relevant road car (don't count exotic hypercars here)? Did F1 help increase battery energy density, or decrease EV battery charge times? No it didn't.
    So, I guess Bernie is right here.

Btw. isn't it really funny to see the obvious lack of information on HAM-MERC contract on British F1 portals, such as planet-f1...

Agree with all of the above and Bernie. F1 is a sport. Why does it need to reflect anything relevant to the industry? There's still going to be some technology transfer if F1 stays at the cutting edge, but that shouldn't be it's sole purpose.
    Entertainment and excitement should be its focus. In baseball & golf, they're using equipment that is arguably less advanced than what's available to the average player and people still enjoy watching those sports.
    That's why they need to get rid of this tire usage idea and bring back refueling. Different cars on different strategies and different tires will shake up a race and make things interesting, rather than the processions we're mostly getting now.

A lot of what I am saying is to stop this BS of having boxed off areas to restrict development et all. My point is allow them to go and do what they want.

Like it or not electric/alternative energy fueled cars are the future. Dino Juice is not going to keep wheels turning for long. Just look at countries and states like Cali, banning sales of ICE by as early as 2030! That very much means, some of us may have already bought our last ICE cars.

I do agree, these hybrid systems have not worked on everyday public road platforms. But this is down to the precise specifications selected by the FIA and F1.

It is just not relevant.

But if you were to allow unlimited extraction fo energy from Batteries to aid ICEs, who knows with wanting to keep weight down... Manufactures might start a bit more research on energy density.

With the way it is, we may as well just get Dallara to make 24 identical chassis! I dont really get the Horse Racing comment, but if i had to guess, its a lot of rich people clinking flutes while some horses run around in the scenes behind.

This is entertainment, not a sport. A champion in entertainment is not a real champion. Cant change the fact, i would prefer these, over Sir Lewis.

1. Sir The Rock
    2. Sir 3:16
    3. Sir Undertaker
    4. Sir Rick Flair
    5. Sir Triple H

A lot of what I am saying is to stop this BS of having boxed off areas to restrict development et all. My point is allow them to go and do what they want.

Like it or not electric/alternative energy fueled cars are the future. Dino Juice is not going to keep wheels turning for long. Just look at countries and states like Cali, banning sales of ICE by as early as 2030! That very much means, some of us may have already bought our last ICE cars.

I do agree, these hybrid systems have not worked on everyday public road platforms. But this is down to the precise specifications selected by the FIA and F1.

It is just not relevant.

But if you were to allow unlimited extraction fo energy from Batteries to aid ICEs, who knows with wanting to keep weight down... Manufactures might start a bit more research on energy density.

With the way it is, we may as well just get Dallara to make 24 identical chassis! I dont really get the Horse Racing comment, but if i had to guess, its a lot of rich people clinking flutes while some horses run around in the scenes behind.

This is entertainment, not a sport. A champion in entertainment is not a real champion. Cant change the fact, i would prefer these, over Sir Lewis.

1. Sir The Rock
    2. Sir 3:16
    3. Sir Undertaker
    4. Sir Rick Flair
    5. Sir Triple H

If we forgo the ICE then this just becomes Formula E. Let Formula 1 be Formula1. Let Formula E or whatever become the battery driven series. People want the spectacle of Formula 1 with the noise of the engines, gear changes and pitstops. It's always been and should be extravagant and over the top racing.

Except for ONE team,Mercedes,money talks in everybodys pocket.

Leclerc is pretty mighty in a Ferrari.... but he's looking a little weak here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co..._c_leclerc_in/

Not quite sure why people are raging about this. I live in Thailand and having people pay for such acts actually helps to fund the conservation projects. Considering the economic disaster that was 2020, it can't be out of imagination to think that the zoo in Dubai was in dire need of funds and pretty much free advertising too.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Golfsmith View Post
    Except for ONE team,Mercedes,money talks in everybodys pocket.
    As far as Merc is concerned, they can always do something "innovative" which then will be banned next year.
    Same was the case for RBR.

Money talks , BS walks I guess.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    As far as Merc is concerned, they can always do something "innovative" which then will be banned next year.
    Same was the case for RBR.

Money talks , BS walks I guess.
    Yeah, and when Ferrari brings an innovative engine trick.....all hell breaks loose and the MIA automatically slaps 2 more sensors on our engine forcing us to remove the innovation

Several issues:

1 Melbourne looks to cancel the GP.

2 China looks to cancel the GP.

3 Cyril Abiteboul will leave Renault F1 (I guess no tatoo) and Laurent Rossi takes over the newly named Alpine F1 aka Renault F1.

4 Circuit de Catalunya are making renovations to the track.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Several issues:

1 Melbourne looks to cancel the GP.

2 China looks to cancel the GP.

3 Cyril Abiteboul will leave Renault F1 (I guess no tatoo) and Laurent Rossi takes over the newly named Alpine F1 aka Renault F1.

4 Circuit de Catalunya are making renovations to the track.
    like to the actual tarmac??? if so did they NOT do a fresh layout of asphalt like 1 or 2 years ago???? WTH??

with a few races being cancelled already with season not even starting yet.....who knows how many more will get cancelled....so much for the 23 race calendar....

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    like to the actual tarmac??? if so did they NOT do a fresh layout of asphalt like 1 or 2 years ago???? WTH??

with a few races being cancelled already with season not even starting yet.....who knows how many more will get cancelled....so much for the 23 race calendar....
    https://twitter.com/Circuitcat_eng/s...04976801738754

Lewis needs to take a hair cut how much shorter he can go remains to be seen.The ceo of damlier is one tough nut.He simply has stated that lewis can not expect the same pay cheque.The virus pandemic has ravaged the sport and mercedes like other teams need to cut costs.Jobs will be lost.lewis needs to be careful.George Russell is waiting and for a fraction of the money could well replace lewis.

Merc seriously need to get this matter done with! Sign George and puff!

Sir Hamiltom can take his seat or look to pastures green.

Yeah, and when Ferrari brings an innovative engine trick.....all hell breaks loose and the MIA automatically slaps 2 more sensors on our engine forcing us to remove the innovation
    Also the battery unit, the floor that wasn't allowed, the rearview mirrors......

The ImolaGP in the 2021 F1 calendar is expected to be announced tomorrow at 9 am. Italian reports say that it's going to be the second race in the calendar, so F1 would return to Europe immediately after the BahrainGP

Merc seriously need to get this matter done with! Sign George and puff!

Sir Hamiltom can take his seat or look to pastures green.
    Would love Hamilton to be removed but wishful thinking. I half think it's just to IP his profile and a deals already been done. They'll announce it on the eve of testing or the week of the 1st Grand Prix.

To be honest, to mine liking 23 is really much! I loved when calendar had 16 races.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    To be honest, to mine liking 23 is really much! I loved when calendar had 16 races.
    I would not mind if they raced every weekend of the year :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I would not mind if they raced every weekend of the year :)
    Consider the logistics, consider there are races in other continents , this is just not feasible, health wise mostly for the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Lewis needs to take a hair cut how much shorter he can go remains to be seen.The ceo of damlier is one tough nut.He simply has stated that lewis can not expect the same pay cheque.The virus pandemic has ravaged the sport and mercedes like other teams need to cut costs.Jobs will be lost.lewis needs to be careful.George Russell is waiting and for a fraction of the money could well replace lewis.
    And is already a fan favourite, very marketable and good with PR.

The rope appears to be tied to the tree, three/four grown people couldn't pull that rope and move the Lion lol... even in my hay day when I was benching 315 and pulling more than that I wouldn't have stood a chance against a full grown lion lol :D
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    The rope appears to be tied to the tree, three/four grown people couldn't pull that rope and move the Lion lol... even in my hay day when I was benching 315 and pulling more than that I wouldn't have stood a chance against a full grown lion lol :D
    Of course you couldn't!!! He is 4 wheel (paw) drive and you are 2 !!!!! Just SO much more grip !!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!