Page 1 of 43 12345678910111213141526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

File 2021 F1 news/rumours

Kicking off 2021 thread

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...Sk8mOo0o9.html

In a year of historic milestones and major accolades, Lewis Hamilton has landed another, with the news that he is to receive a knighthood – one of the highest honours bestowed in his homeland of the United Kingdom.

The award, which dates back to medieval times and carries the title ‘Sir’, is given to a select few for an exceptional achievement in any given activity, with previous F1 recipients including Sir Jackie Stewart, Sir Stirling Moss, Sir Frank Williams, Sir Patrick Head and Sir Jack Brabham.

The award comes at the end of an exceptional year for Hamilton in which he won a record-equalling seventh world title, while helping Mercedes to a seventh straight constructors’ crown. The 35-year-old Briton also matched and then surpassed Michael Schumacher’s all-time record of 91 wins, taking the tally up to 95.

READ MORE: The GOAT? Our writers on whether Hamilton is the greatest, if 2020 is his best season, and more

Away from the track he set up the Hamilton Commission to improve diversity in motorsport, and was also named Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year, BBC sports personality of the year, GQ’s Game Changer Of The Year and was named in Time Magazine 100 most influential people.

Commenting on Hamilton being knighted, Stefano Domenicali, Formula 1’s incoming CEO, said: “Lewis is a true giant of our sport and his influence is huge both in and out of a car. What he has achieved is phenomenal with still more to come. All of us at Formula 1 congratulate him on this well deserved recognition of his achievements and look forward to seeing more of his brilliance in 2021.”

This confirms I will not be watching F1 2021 live, I'm in the UK and we can only get SkyF1 here and already it's very painful to watch as the Sky crew are mostly Hamilton fanboys and the main commentator David Croft is very very annoying at the best of times because he's a total Lewis fan and this is going to make it unbearable to watch next year. I will rely on twitter and this forum for my F1 race updates. simple as that

Its 2021!!! Let's be positive and enjoy the races in what ever way we can!

2020 has been a turd of a year in a lot of respects. May it be F1 or other ongoing health and financial crisis across the globe.

To all the haters out there, F1 may be a dying sport, but there is still some room for positivity and enjoyment.

I am not going to show point any fingers at the team hierarchy as they too are trying to make the best of a "not so nice" situation. Yes, we have been caught out reading the rules between the lines, that only shows that we have been pushing the boundaries.

Unfortunately, while doing so... we have paid a price. You cannot win them all... Sure other teams have gotten away with pushing the rules and they too will be caught out doing the same in the future.

Such is the nature of the sport! Every dog has his day!

So lets raise a glass, on for us here, revv some new engines for 2021 and lets respectfully lay 2020 to rest. At the end of the day its only a sport.

Happy New Year folks, hope we have a better hunting in 2021!

Hublot not a sponsor anymore with Ferrari. Richard Mille now is a sponsor for Ferrari in 2021.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

1 more year before the new regs kick in.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    1 more year before the new regs kick in.
    Sadly, one year too many for US...great if you’re a Merc driver

Looks like kvyats ex who has a kid with him has managed to land crashtappen

Hublot and Richard Mille gargoyle watchmakers - hard to pick the least atrocious designs of either but thanks anyway for the bucks and support!

Quote Originally Posted by kshitijmalkan View Post

2020 has been a turd of a year in a lot of respects. May it be F1 or other ongoing health and financial crisis across the globe.

To all the haters out there, F1 may be a dying sport, but there is still some room for positivity and enjoyment.

I am not going to show point any fingers at the team hierarchy as they too are trying to make the best of a "not so nice" situation. Yes, we have been caught out reading the rules between the lines, that only shows that we have been pushing the boundaries.

Unfortunately, while doing so... we have paid a price. You cannot win them all... Sure other teams have gotten away with pushing the rules and they too will be caught out doing the same in the future.

So lets raise a glass, on for us here, revv some new engines for 2021 and lets respectfully lay 2020 to rest. At the end of the day its only a sport.

+1
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by kshitijmalkan View Post

Great Post, Happy New Year to you ! I'm sure no driver in F-1 is jumping to thinking 2022 yet. Neither should the fans. 2021 is where the action will be for them and us F-1 fans. I am so happy there will be 23 races to enjoy. Again; Great post !

We might get lucky, Hamilton is now a knight so may miss a few races if he gets injured in a joust.

Turrini: "Ferrari will soon reveal its track organisation in detail. But let's not underestimate the possible consequences of the arrival of the new CEO. He will want to change more than one thing especially if the choice of the shareholders should fall on a certain person"

Andrea Agnelli alla Ferrari, magari fosse*vero… (not sure if this true).

Sponsors:
    Interesting. Richard Mille is now listed as a Ferrari sponsor while Hublot isn't anymore

2021 F-1 , Charles is out to beat Max and Merc; Carlos is out to keep up with Charles, Mick is in F-1; Perez wants his job, Russell wants to finish with more than 3 points. Quali results get no points. 2021 will be a great season regardless of who dominates 1st. place, if that happens again. Sooo many drivers will be fighting to be in the top 10 or better all year!

Italian motorsport dot com is writing that Mercedes is offering 40 million euro and a 10% bonus if Hamilton wins the championship and that Lewis has declined the offer.

Dont understand 2 things. Why did Merc offer so much and why Hamilton thinks he can get more. As far as I see, Merc hold.all the cards. He wont get that kind of.cash anywhere else unless his singing or acting career really takes.off.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Italian motorsport dot com is writing that Mercedes is offering 40 million euro and a 10% bonus if Hamilton wins the championship and that Lewis has declined the offer.
    Greedy 2 chains wants more....what a bone head

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Dont understand 2 things. Why did Merc offer so much and why Hamilton thinks he can get more. As far as I see, Merc hold.all the cards. He wont get that kind of.cash anywhere else unless his singing or acting career really takes.off.
    Lmfao.....like that’s ever gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Lmfao.....like that’s ever gonna happen
    !00 poles, `100 wins, 8 WDCs ..... that is gonna happen ! Sir Lewis is a multi, multi millionaire GOAT F-1 champion. There's nothing better than having a few million put away for retirement especially if he can't sing ! Even a bone head can figure that out. 7 chains is a more fitting name. Merc has the $$ , I say go for it. Seb did a good job with Ferrari $$$ wise for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    !00 poles, `100 wins, 8 WDCs ..... that is gonna happen ! Sir Lewis is a multi, multi millionaire GOAT F-1 champion. There's nothing better than having a few million put away for retirement especially if he can't sing ! Even a bone head can figure that out. 7 chains is a more fitting name. Merc has the $$ , I say go for it. Seb did a good job with Ferrari $$$ wise for sure.
    Sir Lewis is a 7x WDC because of the CAR and the team behind the car.

Russell did ecceptionally well in the Mercedes against Bottas......and at the moment.....does'nt command such a high price tag.

I could care less if the 7x WDC, "social-media" , racial inequality, BLM, blah blah blah activity does'nt sign with Mercedes. Get Russell, he's capable of doing the job.

Might not.haplen if he holds out and Merc decides to make it 8 in a row with Russel and leave Hamilron at 7. He wont get his 8th anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Might not.haplen if he holds out and Merc decides to make it 8 in a row with Russel and leave Hamilron at 7. He wont get his 8th anywhere else.
    Had Lewis been in the Enzo era and driving for Ferrari, Enzo would have said "Sign the contract or " and this would not have dragged like it is currently.

Stop!!!! Just stop trolling with your usual LH praise the goat!

This might be a good time to repeat my prediction:

The 2021 F1 driver's championship will not be won by Lewis Hamilton.

Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

OK ! Isn't bringing Lewis' name up here on our F-1 forum trolling weather it be his driving or singing? Is praising " Russell 3 pts. " here; not trolling ? What about Ferrari fans skipping over 2021? I for one am looking forward to Charles and Carlos on the podiums all season. F-1 is a great sport ! All of it! Ferrari is the team !!! F-1 is the sport!!! Zero. zero. 3pts. over a 95 win champion in F-1 ? Russell is not a Ferrari driver but gets trolled about here like he's better than Charles Sainz, , Max, Lewis and anyone else ? If a driver can sing or not has nothing to do with winning races in F-1 . I spent years here the only fan of Ferrari's other driver Rubens ? What was that all about? Was hating Rubens @ the Ferrari forum not trolling? Ferrari's Rubens holds 1st. place here over Lewis as most hated driver ever . Why? OK forget the past , fans need to move forward , 2021 ! There's big hope for Charles and Carlos this year. HP !!!!
    Last edited by Brembo; 4th January 2021 at 08:48.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Greedy 2 chains wants more....what a bone head
    He wants 4 yr deal while Kallenius offered him for 2 yr because of his age. Russel's performance in Sakhir also not helping Hamilton

I can't imagine anyone who did 7 WDCs, and 95, 98, accepting a " Reward " of getting offered less pay by their team without a fight. The virus couldn't keep him from coming back to work ASAP ! I believe 40 yrs. old is no longer old for F-1 drivers. Seb's hero drove until 44 ! If not for Nico ; who knows how much longer he would have stayed behind the wheel? I believe any driver giving his best deserves to be paid the best. Charles deserves a pay raise just for sticking around Ferrari !

So Hamilton still doesn't have a contract?

Australian Grand Prix likely to be postponed due to COVID-19

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/30649342/australian-grand-prix-likely-postponed-due-covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    This might be a good time to repeat my prediction:

The 2021 F1 driver's championship will not be won by Lewis Hamilton.

Why is that? You know something we don’t??

I can't imagine anyone who did 7 WDCs, and 95, 98, accepting a " Reward " of getting offered less pay by their team without a fight. The virus couldn't keep him from coming back to work ASAP ! I believe 40 yrs. old is no longer old for F-1 drivers. Seb's hero drove until 44 ! If not for Nico ; who knows how much longer he would have stayed behind the wheel? I believe any driver giving his best deserves to be paid the best. Charles deserves a pay raise just for sticking around Ferrari !
    I think it's just a sign of the times Brembo. Teams will be releasing staff due to both covid and the spending cap. F1 just implemented so many changes aimed at saving money to help struggling teams survive and the sport itself to survive. How would it look for Hamilton to get a raise amidst all that's happened. Other top tier drivers only making half what he's asking for or what he's been offered. Plus the simple fact that Merc have shown that other drivers can win in their car, ones that don't demand a $50million price tag.