Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282940 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Can you give a source? I couldn't find anything.

https://twitter.com/GiulyDuchessa/st...47287926890496

Translation-->On the rumors that are circulating regarding a dismissal of Binotto, at least from what I understand it seems impossible that it can happen now, or at least until the 2022 car which must be at least competitive,
    unless the season is extremely disappointing.

He basically said that Binotto is already fired, per his sources. His source is probably Marc Gene. They are now waiting for how the new car will perform. If car will be good, they say their goodbye to Binotto in nice way, if won't they say their goodbye in a bad way.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

https://ru.motorsport.com/f1/news/sl...notto/5604687/

"The fact that Maranello intends to part with the head of the F1 team, said a racer driving a Ferrari"

"Ferrari has already decided on the fate of Binotto, but is waiting for the upcoming tests in Bahrain to see how quickly the new car will go. If SF21 turns out to have the pace, Mattia can count on words of gratitude and a different tone in the press release about the layoff."

"Turkish journalist Serhan Akar, who holds a post at the national racing federation TOSFED, tweeted on Friday evening that Binotto will step down as head of the F1 team and will represent Ferrari in the FIA ​​World Council."

Binotto isn't going anywhere. But the guy who has been posting BS rumors about Ferrari and Binotto is definitely going somewhere. He needs to get the boot. And Ferrari should sue that ****** **** for posting fake info's.
    Last edited by Tony; 6th March 2021 at 19:12. Reason: Language

Wouldn’t be nice to re-adopt mandatory number 1 for the world champion?

As I've said before, this stupid sack of cells needs to get fired. This is the same guy who had also sprayed fake rumors about Sainz.

That would make no sense, timing would be stupid and a top engineer will be free to flourish elsewhere at a rival. They guy who said this is a low down GT driver, that's like the cleaning lady from the ground floor knowing intricate details of board meetings and the fate of a senior board member.

Indeed would make no sense at all, another talented Ferrair member that will end up with Mercedes or so haven't we learned a thing from the past then?
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

I hate the hate binotto gets. Some of it isn't criticism, it's nasty, vindictive, toxic stuff. This man has Ferrari in his DNA, he cares more than most who associate themselves with the Scuderia and he is humble and dignified, unlike alot of other people in this sport.

I don't believe they will fire Bonotto.
    Even if the car is rubbish. And definitely I don't want to belive that they will allow him to join another team.
    Having him as Ferrari representative in FIA, could be a good way to keep him on board and take the TO role from him.
    But not a couple of weeks before new season start!

Strange things can happen at ferrari in a blink of an eye and usually no body even sees the event coming.If binotto is moved on or fired its just another day at maranello all is normal.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMExwOxl...=1hwebdr7928f0

"Misinterpreted and taken out of context"....and that makes it all right I guess, it was just a misunderstanding!

Guy just wanted to get some attentions I guess. But there should be consequences. This guy needs to get the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    I hate the hate binotto gets. Some of it isn't criticism, it's nasty, vindictive, toxic stuff. This man has Ferrari in his DNA, he cares more than most who associate themselves with the Scuderia and he is humble and dignified, unlike alot of other people in this sport.
    It's not just Binotto, It's Ferrari in general. Just look at the sheer amounts of dis-information's here regarding the 2019 engine and so on. And this place is supposed to be a Ferrari support forum.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Hear you. Nobody wants to give this guy a chance. Every one wants him fired but where do they think TP's or TD's come from? They have to learn and get experience from somewhere. Give the dude a chance, he's been with Ferrari for 20+ years and done well in multiple roles. You're going to get rid of him now and the what.... start over again. Like Groundhog day all over again with Ferrari fans.

Binotto's only real shortcoming proved to be his not knowing how to enforce the Ferrari team orders rules that Todt so forcefully enforced. Seb was expecting Shumy like rules and when Charles did his driving without the 1,2 rules being enforced , Seb just couldn't be Shumy; and had to fight for points against his team mate as well as all the others. Seb was used to Sunday drives up front @ R Bull and lacked the mid track experience now needed . He for sure tried his best with what he had but spinning out etc. caused his demise points wise. If Ferrari had stronger points coming in from both drivers ; Binotto could at least have had a chance at doing better at his job of running the show and getting the team up in the front running. I can't wait to see Sainz vs. Charles vs. Merc; R Bull 2021 !! Binotto swears there are no 1,2 team orders.

It seems the spinoff of Ferrari from FIAT and the subsequent creation of Stellantis has left Ferrari without much influence in the sport... just an observation, could be completely incorrect....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Binotto's only real shortcoming proved to be his not knowing how to enforce the Ferrari team orders rules that Todt so forcefully enforced. Seb was expecting Shumy like rules and when Charles did his driving without the 1,2 rules being enforced , Seb just couldn't be Shumy; and had to fight for points against his team mate as well as all the others. Seb was used to Sunday drives up front @ R Bull and lacked the mid track experience now needed . He for sure tried his best with what he had but spinning out etc. caused his demise points wise. If Ferrari had stronger points coming in from both drivers ; Binotto could at least have had a chance at doing better at his job of running the show and getting the team up in the front running. I can't wait to see Sainz vs. Charles vs. Merc; R Bull 2021 !! Binotto swears there are no 1,2 team orders.
    To get the Schumi treatment, you need to be as fast as Schumi, if not, at least consistently faster than your teammate. Binotto used team orders against Leclerc and did all he could to appease Vettel in 2019 but he simply wasn't fast enough.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

[QUOTE=MSC Fan;1039705]To get the Schumi treatment, you need to be as fast as Schumi, if not, at least consistently faster than your teammate. Binotto used team orders against Leclerc and did all he could to appease Vettel in 2019 but he simply wasn't fast enough.

I agree with your saying Seb wasn't fast enough to be ahead of Charles one on one. But... that's what I meant by Binotto not enforcing team orders. Charles didn't move over and let Seb pass. Binotto may have tried but to no avail . I'm sure Binotto never did what Todt did for Schumy telling Rubens move over or you will lose your seat. I'm glad he didn't! Charles raced to win. I respect him for that. And now he's up there with the top drivers for sure. And Seb with 4 WDCs is also to be admired for time served in F-1. And I need the races to start !!!!

For those thinking that Ferrari has political power in F1/FIA, all they have to do is read Autosport's article for VW.
    Then, they will realise why Ferrari is bound to be a second class citizen in the future.

Vw have plenty of there own fires to put out.The billions its going to cost them over emissions on cars alone.No political nonsense power can help them just pay.

Lol... and Mercedes are currently being looked at for the same.

How many on here expect to see a penny out of this fiasco? Safe to say not many.

I have owned/own 2 mercs of the affected era. I own a Skoda with affected engine. We get letters from law firms asking to apply all the time, but they are looking as much as 50-70% of the cut.

Have their ventures stopped people like me buying their cars, nope!

These fines are pocket change to them and they will move on. I would not be totally surprised to one day read, these fines were pre-calculated and accounted for while implementation.

I am near sure there have been far worse pre-calculated design choices made in history and these manufacturers have done so as they had the clout, VW currently holds across all segments/Markets.

Ferrari sadly is worse than a second class citizen. In terms of 2020, they are high street family owned Boutique, which was hardest type of business in the pandemic, rather than than the high Street chains, which held the might to wither the storm or drastically change their business models by closing down stores, letting people go and finally setting up online.

All I am saying is, VW is Boots, Ferrari is you local pharmacy... 2 different models, 2 Different customers, both relevant, but when **** hits the fan, one has the power to out survive the other.

Ferrari not bad for family owned iam big on family give me boutique any day with personalised attention and not a rubber stamp process of production like my meat I like it rare.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari not bad for family owned iam big on family give me boutique any day with personalised attention and not a rubber stamp process of production like my meat I like it rare.
    Your missing the point!!

Boutique outlets will always give you a better product for you, simply as it may be more personalised.

A mass manufactured product is less personal and more commonly results in a purchaser making compromises.

The mass production also results in wider audiences, higher margins and lower production cost. Mass production does not have to be cheaply made, but enables a lower production cost making it available to a wider audience and thus enabling a better bottomline for the manufacturer/retailer.

The wider audience also allows them to project greater influence/clout across the industry.

Hence Ferrari while being a prominent brand, does not hold any political influence in comparison to the likes of VW. And some may give you an example of Porsche, who I'm certain terms are a competitor to Ferrari.

FCA could potentially be compared to VW, but then their brand portfolio/sales may dictate poorer political might.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Your missing the point!!

Boutique outlets will always give you a better product for you, simply as it may be more personalised.

A mass manufactured product is less personal and more commonly results in a purchaser making compromises.

The mass production also results in wider audiences, higher margins and lower production cost. Mass production does not have to be cheaply made, but enables a lower production cost making it available to a wider audience and thus enabling a better bottomline for the manufacturer/retailer.

The wider audience also allows them to project greater influence/clout across the industry.

Hence Ferrari while being a prominent brand, does not hold any political influence in comparison to the likes of VW. And some may give you an example of Porsche, who I'm certain terms are a competitor to Ferrari.

FCA could potentially be compared to VW, but then their brand portfolio/sales may dictate poorer political might.

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by kshitijmalkan View Post
    Your missing the point!!

Don't think that's a fair analysis at all. Even though Ferrari is smaller than larger manufacturers, they make up the greatest amount of F1 fans, so their influence in F1 is much greater than someone like VW. Realistically, how many manufacturers would even come to F1 if Ferrari wasn't there? It's the prestige of racing with Ferrari that draws a lot of these companies. Even in the real world, I wouldn't disregard the power that image and prestige have on the masses. This is what makes some of these companies recession proof. Elites and the mega rich will always have money to spend. The common folk will always aspire to these brands and hold them in esteem. How many car nuts lust after a Polo rather than a LaFerrari?

Exactly spot on this is a formula1 ferrari forum.Ferrari do have influence and are known as the glamour team of f1 regardless of results.When i last checked I do not see vw on this years starting grid. Again not bad for boutigue and family owned.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/alpine...-copy-designs/

Mercedes, who unveiled their W12 in the first half of launch season, admitted they did not display all the updates on the car as they wanted to keep them a secret.

Team boss Toto Wolff said: “Of course we have hidden a new super trick there, otherwise we would have shown it. You will all be amazed when you see it. If we show everything now, we give the competition extra options.

Oh dear, it seems Mercedes hasn't rested over the break. I wonder what will be so amazing? All I want is competitive races where its not always guaranteed 1 of 2 black cars is going to win. I sincerely hope Ferrari have improved and will give us races worth watching.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/alpine...-copy-designs/

Mercedes, who unveiled their W12 in the first half of launch season, admitted they did not display all the updates on the car as they wanted to keep them a secret.

Team boss Toto Wolff said: “Of course we have hidden a new super trick there, otherwise we would have shown it. You will all be amazed when you see it. If we show everything now, we give the competition extra options.

Oh dear, it seems Mercedes hasn't rested over the break. I wonder what will be so amazing? All I want is competitive races where its not always guaranteed 1 of 2 black cars is going to win. I sincerely hope Ferrari have improved and will give us races worth watching.
    and why would they?? they are after all THE best team in F1, have the best engineers and just like last year when they had DAS, i'm sure they have something up their sleeve that's gonna wipe the floor with everyone up and down the pit lane.....and koodos to them if they do.....

i wish Ferrari was more roothless and be more like Merc.....we can only dream right???
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Let's see what mercedes new trick will be, last years DAS trick everyone was hyping about was kind of a dud during the season.