Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181930 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

May be the f1 year will be cancelled who knows.The only race at the moment is the covid race and that far outways everything.Purely speculating that if the season was cancelled then there would be no need to provide sir Lewis with any contract what so ever.Damlier ceo is not there to make friends.

Lewis & Merc not making a deal yet is working out just fine for them. They rule the F-1 media and.. even this Ferrari forum only talks about what Lewis will be getting paid . Post after post. Meanwhile; less down force; more HP; Charles & our new driver for sure have a shot at the podiums ! 2021. The 1st race can't come soon enough !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I agree it's too much, I meant i don't believe he'actually asking for that amount. Max yes he's that good . Russell needs time before he can get in that car and do the same. It's not how you start it's where you finish. Russell was IN THE CAR ! He finished 9th ! Pits don't count it's the car !
    If not for the Mercedes pit blunder Russell would most likely have won, everyone is aware of this fact.

In the Williams he was at the back of the grid again, while in the Mercedes he was fighting for race wins.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    If not for the Mercedes pit blunder Russell would most likely have won, everyone is aware of this fact.

In the Williams he was at the back of the grid again, while in the Mercedes he was fighting for race wins.
    Totally agree

Most likely he could have won . Don't forget the mystery puncture .No one is aware of how Russell got that puncture. Meanwhile how about mentioning the actual winner , 30 yr. old Sergio Perez! He came from far behind and won the race . It was his 1st win in 190 starts! It was 50 years since a Mexican; Pedro Rodrigues won a F-1 race in 1970! Sergio was true to the saying " It's not how you start but how you finish! "

I agree it's too much, I meant i don't believe he'actually asking for that amount. Max yes he's that good . Russell needs time before he can get in that car and do the same. It's not how you start it's where you finish. Russell was IN THE CAR ! He finished 9th ! Pits don't count it's the car !
    Most likely he could have won . Don't forget the mystery puncture .No one is aware of how Russell got that puncture. Meanwhile how about mentioning the actual winner , 30 yr. old Sergio Perez! He came from far behind and won the race . It was his 1st win in 190 starts! It was 50 years since a Mexican; Pedro Rodrigues won a F-1 race in 1970! Sergio was true to the saying " It's not how you start but how you finish! "
    That's right. An extra pitstop and a mysterious puncture. Maybe Merc tried really hard to make it so he didnt win first time.out wearing wrong sized shoes and a seat that didnt fit.

Ferrari will be in the thick end of the action come race days.There is a lot more to the new engine that is being spoken only bits and pieces.Ferrari news 24 has a nice article on the new power train and how they are doing things differently to mercedes.Ferrari perfect the rest copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    That's right. An extra pitstop and a mysterious puncture. Maybe Merc tried really hard to make it so he didnt win first time.out wearing wrong sized shoes and a seat that didnt fit.
    I believe that it was all intentional, George was never meant to win because simply in the mind of Toto Wolff that would ruin Lulu brand.
    However, again, this race has proven to have put a lot of strain on Lulu anyways as everyone can see, negotiations are still on going, Mercedes does not accept the ridiculous demands, and of course they can always
    go for George for a fraction of what Lewis is asking, who, at this stage would be left without a team, which would be epic.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

If Russell was the replacement driver for hamilton say for covid or injury or another illness and the W.C.C was on the line Russell would have one alright bet your sweet nelly on that race fans.

Before Mrec even thinks about Russell being ready for either seat @ Merc , he would at least have to score a point for him and the Williams team. If during 2021 he can get Williams at least out of last place with some points it would be a big improvement for him. So far he's no where ready for the move. All zeros for the team and driver is really bad. Russell got lucky with that drive in the Merc and at least got 3pts. to his name. On the other hand; if Russell took that WDC, WCC seat; wouldn't it be nice for Ferrari and every other team as far as having a better chance @ the front. Meanwhile Toto & Lewis have all F-1 news and fans just talking about " The Contract! " Not a word about the Mexican's come from behind win.

What could Russel do with proper shoes and a good seat fitting? Imagine? 1 race and he would have won it. a full season in the car with 20-23 races... how much better would he get

Might be a shorter season than we thought. Or hopefully some of last years new tracks get slotted back in.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/monaco...-cancellation/

Might be a shorter season than we thought. Or hopefully some of last years new tracks get slotted back in.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/monaco...-cancellation/
    Turkey needs to be back. We have unfinished business there.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

[QUOTE=Silent Bob;1039104]What could Russel do with proper shoes and a good seat fitting? Imagine? .

He has exactly that @ Williams and can't score a point with his car and shoes all season @ Williams. Last place ! I just don't agree with the Russell hype now.

It's only Russel hype because hes.the most likely driver to replace Hamilton. But he proved that pretty much any capable driver could win in that car. Like you said.... even a last place guy like Russel who's nowhere in a William's is a WDC in a Merc. Imagine Leclerc or Max or Alonso or even Ricciardo in that car. Not saying Hamilton is bad just saying that that car is a world beater and a last place guy like Russel proved it.

You are exactly right Bob!

To be a good trademans you need to have the qualifications the skills and excellent tools.Russell has the first two and mercedes provided him with the third element.

It's only Russel hype because hes.the most likely driver to replace Hamilton. But he proved that pretty much any capable driver could win in that car. Like you said.... even a last place guy like Russel who's nowhere in a William's is a WDC in a Merc. Imagine Leclerc or Max or Alonso or even Ricciardo in that car. Not saying Hamilton is bad just saying that that car is a world beater and a last place guy like Russel proved it.
    OK; that all makes sense. He's the most likely driver in line for that seat being that he's with Williams. If Ferrari had a similar car they could have went with a home boy like Gio instead of Carlos. Meanwhile I really don't believe that Lewis is holding out for all that money and so on. He needs that car for sure.

Eddie Jordan dropping his two cent, onbthe Hamilton-Merc fiasco!

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/01...ewis-the-door/

With regards to my tobmy earlier post on his demands, the video off youtube seems to have some element of truth? If EJ is reflecting similar points.

Im the same article, Hamilton seems to have his Jet up for sale. This is not my area of expertise and this may certainly have been for an older link. But its interesting too see it up for sale. Maybe he does not intent in using it in the future, commercially and personally! Consolidation of Assets maybe!

EJ does havr a point though... Merc should pull the trigger and not be held to ransom! This will also give them more control of their drivers in the future.

I want lewis to agree to terms .The quicker this happens the closer we get to seeing him get beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by kshitijmalkan View Post
    Eddie Jordan dropping his two cent, onbthe Hamilton-Merc fiasco!

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/01...ewis-the-door/

With regards to my tobmy earlier post on his demands, the video off youtube seems to have some element of truth? If EJ is reflecting similar points.

Im the same article, Hamilton seems to have his Jet up for sale. This is not my area of expertise and this may certainly have been for an older link. But its interesting too see it up for sale. Maybe he does not intent in using it in the future, commercially and personally! Consolidation of Assets maybe!

EJ does havr a point though... Merc should pull the trigger and not be held to ransom! This will also give them more control of their drivers in the future.
    I think Lewis selling his plane is part of his newfound greenness. He's trying to lessen his carbon footprint, which is admiral. Apparently he's also not going to drive his petrol powered supercars anymore.... instead relying on his new electric powered super cars. If everyone made such sacrifices this world would be such a better place.

Lewis does not want Russell as a partner.Only a subservient butter called Bottas. I do not believe that mercedes will put up with that nonsense apparently according to the daily express this is one of the Dark knights requests.Lewis is paranoid about a real in house challenger.Like lewis Russell is British and will be equally loved by the British fans.

How could Lewis not want Russell for a team mate? Zero wins Zero points in his William car. . He went from the front to finish 9th behind Bottas in Lewis' rocket ship. Bottas has wins and podiums along side Lewis, not any seasons with zeros ! Imagine how great Perez feels coming from the back to beat those two Merc's for the win ! A Russell Bottas team would be a blessing for Ferrari's chances and a few other teams @ the WCC. How loved is Russell by the British fans after the Mexican's first win? Two pits vs. being in 18th place , what was tougher as far as getting the win? Meanwhile @ Ferrari , more HP, less down force and Charles better every year!! Bring on 2021 !!

How could Lewis not want Russell for a team mate? Zero wins Zero points in his William car. . He went from the front to finish 9th behind Bottas in Lewis' rocket ship. Bottas has wins and podiums along side Lewis, not any seasons with zeros ! Imagine how great Perez feels coming from the back to beat those two Merc's for the win ! A Russell Bottas team would be a blessing for Ferrari's chances and a few other teams @ the WCC. How loved is Russell by the British fans after the Mexican's first win? Two pits vs. being in 18th place , what was tougher as far as getting the win? Meanwhile @ Ferrari , more HP, less down force and Charles better every year!! Bring on 2021 !!
    Russell won't have 'zero wins' for long if he's in the Mercedes.

He's another Brit so will have their local media massively behind him as well, and is already very popular.

Hamilton would probably view him as a major threat, considering he has shown to be faster than Bottas as well.

I think Lewis selling his plane is part of his newfound greenness. He's trying to lessen his carbon footprint, which is admiral. Apparently he's also not going to drive his petrol powered supercars anymore.... instead relying on his new electric powered super cars. If everyone made such sacrifices this world would be such a better place.
    I would love to watch him ride his electric scooter from Monaco to Abu Dhabi for the race.

Holy virtue signaling Batman.

I'm sure he recharges those cars with electricity generated by unicorn farts as well.

I think it's time to give this up and admit you've lost this argument Brembo. A nobody from the back of the field jumps into Ham's car and almost wins his first race, plus beats the guy that been in the team for 4 years without even having a chance to get used to the car, using a seat that doesn't fit right and shoes that are a couple sizes too small. There is no way you can spin this. Cat's out of the bag and as good as Ham's been, the car is the real prize.

Looks like Sauber is going to stay a part of the Ferrari family for awhile longer.
    From Autosport:

Alfa Romeo Formula 1 team owner Sauber is set to extend its partnership with Ferrari through to 2025, ending suggestions of a switch to Renault support, Autosport has learned.

Sauber has been a Ferrari customer F1 team since 2010, and forged closer ties with the Italian manufacturer by adopting the name of its sister brand, Alfa Romeo, in 2019.

The existing deal between Sauber and Ferrari is due to expire at the end of this year, leading to suggestions the Swiss outfit could be a potential option for Renault as a new customer team.

But Autosport understands that a deal has been agreed between Sauber and Ferrari for a new engine supply deal from 2022 to 2025.

ADVERTISING

Although the agreement is yet to have been signed, plans are already in place for a continuation of the partnership. The design of the 2022 Sauber chassis has commenced accounting for the dimensions of a Ferrari power unit and gearbox, pointing to an extension of the current agreement.

Renault lost its final F1 customer squad, McLaren, at the end of last year, and is interested in working with new partner teams in the future, leading to suggestions it could link up with Sauber.

Although team principal Frederic Vasseur has maintained a good relationship with the Renault team where he briefly worked in 2016, the shareholders of the Sauber squad are eager for stability by continuing to work with Ferrari.

An extension of the agreement will keep Ferrari's political footing on the F1 grid intact, with two customer teams alongside its works squad.

Sauber has raced with Ferrari-affiliated driver Antonio Giovinazzi since 2019, while growing ties are anticipated with Haas, which will hand Ferrari Driver Academy member Mick Schumacher his F1 debut this year.

It is not yet clear if the team will continue to race under the Alfa Romeo name beyond 2021, with fresh discussions expected following the merger between parent company Fiat Chrysler and the Peugeot Group, forming the fourth-largest car maker in the world under the name Stellantis.

Sauber announced a one-year extension of its partnership with Alfa Romeo back in October, with the two parties also collaborating on the design of the Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA and GTAm road cars.

Vasseur said at the end of last season that an extension of the partnership with Alfa Romeo was "crucial" for the Sauber squad.

"I don't want to speak about the financial aspect but for sure it's a part of this," Vasseur told Autosport.

"It's rather the motivation that you can add into the team, the activity that you can afford the recruiting and for the development of the company for the future of the company, that we need to have this kind of internal motivation.

"The fact that Alfa Romeo is extending the deal with us and want to develop the partnership, for sure it's a nice reward.

"But it's not just a reward, it's a next step for us. We are collaborating a lot on the automotive side now. I think it's a good partnership for the company."

I think it's time to give this up and admit you've lost this argument Brembo. A nobody from the back of the field jumps into Ham's car and almost wins his first race, plus beats the guy that been in the team for 4 years without even having a chance to get used to the car, using a seat that doesn't fit right and shoes that are a couple sizes too small. There is no way you can spin this. Cat's out of the bag and as good as Ham's been, the car is the real prize.
    You still don't get what I'm saying. Yes, as good as Hamilton has been, the car is in fact the real prize,. Any nobody from the backfield could have jumped into that car and do as good if not better than Russell. Forget the name Lewis , it's Russell getting talked about like it wasn't the car it was him who at least started the race up front. He's got Williams buried in last place and he has zeros for a record with Williams. Again; any F-1 driver in that car will be a winner. Maybe by this next season Russell can get used to his Williams car and get them and himself some points. He's no match for even Bottas now; and no match for any other driver with points. I wish him success ASAP but so far he's batting zero. Getting spun around by Charles 1st. lap and winding up 18th was just as bad as the two pits, and fighting his way to victory was really what fans should see as the big deal that race., not coming in 9th behind Bottas.
    Last edited by Brembo; 20th January 2021 at 16:04.

You still don't get what I'm saying. Yes, as good as Hamilton has been, the car is in fact the real prize,. Any nobody from the backfield could have jumped into that car and do as good if not better than Russell. Forget the name Lewis , it's Russell getting talked about like it wasn't the car it was him who at least started the race up front. He's got Williams buried in last place and he has zeros for a record with Williams. Again; any F-1 driver in that car will be a winner. Maybe by this next season Russell can get used to his Williams car and get them and himself some points. He's no match for even Bottas now; and no match for any other driver with points. I wish him success ASAP but so far he's batting zero. Getting spun around by Charles 1st. lap and winding up 18th was just as bad as the two pits, and fighting his way to victory was really what fans should see as the big deal that race., not coming in 9th behind Bottas.
    Glad you think so.

And of course Russell would be zero match for Bottas right now as he's driving a Williams and not a Mercedes. Even though Russell was faster than him in the same car, which if Russell is supposedly an average driver, would say a lot about Bottas' level as a driver.

Also, hard to get records with the Williams when its the current equivalent of Minardi.

Glad you think so.

And of course Russell would be zero match for Bottas right now as he's driving a Williams and not a Mercedes. Even though Russell was faster than him in the same car, which if Russell is supposedly an average driver, would say a lot about Bottas' level as a driver.

Also, hard to get records with the Williams when its the current equivalent of Minardi.
    Bottas had on the wrong tires! Getting records in his Williams would be hard as you say, but 1 point! Zero all season is tough to accept .Even Haas got 1 point . Russell past the season as no match for any driver on any team. Bottas getting poles and wins against his team mate and Max on occasion is saying allot about his level as a driver. Charles spoiled me as far as a rookie coming up in a not so great car and doing wonders! And the Mexicano made them both look bad that race.