Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 121 to 142 of 142

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

  1. #121
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,410
    May be the f1 year will be cancelled who knows.The only race at the moment is the covid race and that far outways everything.Purely speculating that if the season was cancelled then there would be no need to provide sir Lewis with any contract what so ever.Damlier ceo is not there to make friends.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,265
    Lewis & Merc not making a deal yet is working out just fine for them. They rule the F-1 media and.. even this Ferrari forum only talks about what Lewis will be getting paid . Post after post. Meanwhile; less down force; more HP; Charles & our new driver for sure have a shot at the podiums ! 2021. The 1st race can't come soon enough !

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I agree it's too much, I meant i don't believe he'actually asking for that amount. Max yes he's that good . Russell needs time before he can get in that car and do the same. It's not how you start it's where you finish. Russell was IN THE CAR ! He finished 9th ! Pits don't count it's the car !
    If not for the Mercedes pit blunder Russell would most likely have won, everyone is aware of this fact.

    In the Williams he was at the back of the grid again, while in the Mercedes he was fighting for race wins.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,484
    Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    If not for the Mercedes pit blunder Russell would most likely have won, everyone is aware of this fact.

    In the Williams he was at the back of the grid again, while in the Mercedes he was fighting for race wins.
    Totally agree

  5. #125
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,265
    Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    If not for the Mercedes pit blunder Russell would most likely have won, everyone is aware of this fact.

    In the Williams he was at the back of the grid again, while in the Mercedes he was fighting for race wins.
    Most likely he could have won . Don't forget the mystery puncture .No one is aware of how Russell got that puncture. Meanwhile how about mentioning the actual winner , 30 yr. old Sergio Perez! He came from far behind and won the race . It was his 1st win in 190 starts! It was 50 years since a Mexican; Pedro Rodrigues won a F-1 race in 1970! Sergio was true to the saying " It's not how you start but how you finish! "

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I agree it's too much, I meant i don't believe he'actually asking for that amount. Max yes he's that good . Russell needs time before he can get in that car and do the same. It's not how you start it's where you finish. Russell was IN THE CAR ! He finished 9th ! Pits don't count it's the car !
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Most likely he could have won . Don't forget the mystery puncture .No one is aware of how Russell got that puncture. Meanwhile how about mentioning the actual winner , 30 yr. old Sergio Perez! He came from far behind and won the race . It was his 1st win in 190 starts! It was 50 years since a Mexican; Pedro Rodrigues won a F-1 race in 1970! Sergio was true to the saying " It's not how you start but how you finish! "
    That's right. An extra pitstop and a mysterious puncture. Maybe Merc tried really hard to make it so he didnt win first time.out wearing wrong sized shoes and a seat that didnt fit.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,410
    Ferrari will be in the thick end of the action come race days.There is a lot more to the new engine that is being spoken only bits and pieces.Ferrari news 24 has a nice article on the new power train and how they are doing things differently to mercedes.Ferrari perfect the rest copy.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    That's right. An extra pitstop and a mysterious puncture. Maybe Merc tried really hard to make it so he didnt win first time.out wearing wrong sized shoes and a seat that didnt fit.
    I believe that it was all intentional, George was never meant to win because simply in the mind of Toto Wolff that would ruin Lulu brand.
    However, again, this race has proven to have put a lot of strain on Lulu anyways as everyone can see, negotiations are still on going, Mercedes does not accept the ridiculous demands, and of course they can always
    go for George for a fraction of what Lewis is asking, who, at this stage would be left without a team, which would be epic.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  9. #129
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,410
    If Russell was the replacement driver for hamilton say for covid or injury or another illness and the W.C.C was on the line Russell would have one alright bet your sweet nelly on that race fans.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,265
    Before Mrec even thinks about Russell being ready for either seat @ Merc , he would at least have to score a point for him and the Williams team. If during 2021 he can get Williams at least out of last place with some points it would be a big improvement for him. So far he's no where ready for the move. All zeros for the team and driver is really bad. Russell got lucky with that drive in the Merc and at least got 3pts. to his name. On the other hand; if Russell took that WDC, WCC seat; wouldn't it be nice for Ferrari and every other team as far as having a better chance @ the front. Meanwhile Toto & Lewis have all F-1 news and fans just talking about " The Contract! " Not a word about the Mexican's come from behind win.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,700
    What could Russel do with proper shoes and a good seat fitting? Imagine? 1 race and he would have won it. a full season in the car with 20-23 races... how much better would he get

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,700
    Might be a shorter season than we thought. Or hopefully some of last years new tracks get slotted back in.


    https://www.planetf1.com/news/monaco...-cancellation/

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Might be a shorter season than we thought. Or hopefully some of last years new tracks get slotted back in.


    https://www.planetf1.com/news/monaco...-cancellation/
    Turkey needs to be back. We have unfinished business there.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  14. #134
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,265
    [QUOTE=Silent Bob;1039104]What could Russel do with proper shoes and a good seat fitting? Imagine? .

    He has exactly that @ Williams and can't score a point with his car and shoes all season @ Williams. Last place ! I just don't agree with the Russell hype now.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,700
    It's only Russel hype because hes.the most likely driver to replace Hamilton. But he proved that pretty much any capable driver could win in that car. Like you said.... even a last place guy like Russel who's nowhere in a William's is a WDC in a Merc. Imagine Leclerc or Max or Alonso or even Ricciardo in that car. Not saying Hamilton is bad just saying that that car is a world beater and a last place guy like Russel proved it.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,531
    You are exactly right Bob!

  17. #137
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,410
    To be a good trademans you need to have the qualifications the skills and excellent tools.Russell has the first two and mercedes provided him with the third element.

  18. #138
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    It's only Russel hype because hes.the most likely driver to replace Hamilton. But he proved that pretty much any capable driver could win in that car. Like you said.... even a last place guy like Russel who's nowhere in a William's is a WDC in a Merc. Imagine Leclerc or Max or Alonso or even Ricciardo in that car. Not saying Hamilton is bad just saying that that car is a world beater and a last place guy like Russel proved it.
    OK; that all makes sense. He's the most likely driver in line for that seat being that he's with Williams. If Ferrari had a similar car they could have went with a home boy like Gio instead of Carlos. Meanwhile I really don't believe that Lewis is holding out for all that money and so on. He needs that car for sure.

  19. #139
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    79
    Eddie Jordan dropping his two cent, onbthe Hamilton-Merc fiasco!

    https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/01...ewis-the-door/

    With regards to my tobmy earlier post on his demands, the video off youtube seems to have some element of truth? If EJ is reflecting similar points.

    Im the same article, Hamilton seems to have his Jet up for sale. This is not my area of expertise and this may certainly have been for an older link. But its interesting too see it up for sale. Maybe he does not intent in using it in the future, commercially and personally! Consolidation of Assets maybe!

    EJ does havr a point though... Merc should pull the trigger and not be held to ransom! This will also give them more control of their drivers in the future.

  20. #140
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,410
    I want lewis to agree to terms .The quicker this happens the closer we get to seeing him get beaten.

  21. #141
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by kshitijmalkan View Post
    Eddie Jordan dropping his two cent, onbthe Hamilton-Merc fiasco!

    https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/01...ewis-the-door/

    With regards to my tobmy earlier post on his demands, the video off youtube seems to have some element of truth? If EJ is reflecting similar points.

    Im the same article, Hamilton seems to have his Jet up for sale. This is not my area of expertise and this may certainly have been for an older link. But its interesting too see it up for sale. Maybe he does not intent in using it in the future, commercially and personally! Consolidation of Assets maybe!

    EJ does havr a point though... Merc should pull the trigger and not be held to ransom! This will also give them more control of their drivers in the future.
    I think Lewis selling his plane is part of his newfound greenness. He's trying to lessen his carbon footprint, which is admiral. Apparently he's also not going to drive his petrol powered supercars anymore.... instead relying on his new electric powered super cars. If everyone made such sacrifices this world would be such a better place.

  22. #142
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,410
    Lewis does not want Russell as a partner.Only a subservient butter called Bottas. I do not believe that mercedes will put up with that nonsense apparently according to the daily express this is one of the Dark knights requests.Lewis is paranoid about a real in house challenger.Like lewis Russell is British and will be equally loved by the British fans.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •