Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Wec /elms 2021

#92 pits now.

This could be a disaster!

CAR 51 TO GIVE POSITION BACK TO CAR 92

That wasn't intentional , the Porsche breaked earlier and we were cought out !

How though! Porsche pitted!?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Rosso View Post
    This is crazy!

That's what I thought! The comms acting like it was intentional

Why should the penalty still stand when #92 pitted

Comms dying for a penalty for the loose bonet

This is just silly

Has Alessandro gone rogue? Can't possibly

Surely Eduardo would've disqualified #51 if he still had to give the place back!?!?

After 8 hours of racing still don't know who won!

That coming together was blown up massively.

The point is got told to hand it back and porsche pitted. They could gone 1 more lap as we did
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The point is got told to hand it back and porsche pitted. They could gone 1 more lap as we did
    Exactly! My view as well!

Commentators begging for Porshe to be given the win

Ant Davidson can go back to Sky and shill for mercedes again now.

Of course the anti Ferrari squad are going to have a field day about this !

Fact is that the Porsche braked way earlier then usual resulting in an unintentional contact from the 51.
    So the fact that Ferrari were ordered to give the position back was unfounded , and Porsche pitting after
    that meant that they were not enabling us to give the position back , so I think AF corse won the race fair and square , period !

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Ant Davidson can go back to Sky and shill for mercedes again now.
    When he not under his sky and merc umbrella, he really nice bloke, and top driver.

Of course the anti Ferrari squad are going to have a field day about this !

Fact is that the Porsche braked way earlier then usual resulting in an unintentional contact from the 51.
    So the fact that Ferrari were ordered to give the position back was unfounded , and Porsche pitting after
    that meant that they were not enabling us to give the position back , so I think AF corse won the race fair and square , period !
    Think Porsche playing way to much politics. That incident shouldnt of been a penalty. Yes we could argue if reversed. But. Think with porsche pitting, what could do. Ale slowed down to hand it back. They pitted.
    Last edited by Rob; 6th November 2021 at 19:44.

Yeeeessss 83 wins am championship

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Think Porsche playing way to much politics. That incident shouldnt of been a penalty. Yes we could argue if reversed. But. Think with porsche pitting, what could do. Ale slowed down to hand it back. They pitted.
    My thoughts exactly Rob !

At least the 83 win is secure , another milestone for the Ferrari 488 and AF-Corse.

When you hear something from the team(s) Rob , please let us know , and tell them how proud we are of them
    No matter what the stewards are going to throw at us !

Porsche and Ferrari play out dramatic and dramatic finale as collision with just 12 minutes to go. Alessandro Pier Guidi and James Calado are provisional GT champions and Ferrari manufacturers' championship.

Porsche's protest against GTE Pro title-winning Ferrari rejected (appeal still possible though )

Nov 7, 2021, 1:06 AM

The FIA World Endurance Championship has rejected Porsche’s protest against the #51 Ferrari of James Calado and Alessandro Pier Guidi that clinched the GTE Pro title with victory in Bahrain 8 Hours.

Porsche's protest against GTE Pro title-winning Ferrari rejected

Porsche had lodged a protest after the title-deciding round of the WEC season in Bahrain, where its driver Michael Christensen was pitched into a spin by the chasing Ferrari of Pier Guidi with less than 15 minutes to go in the race.

Pier Guidi was initially instructed to hand back the lead to Christensen, but the order was rescinded shortly afterwards – although this didn’t become public knowledge long after the race was over.

According to a WEC bulletin, Porsche argued that the incident between Christensen and Pier Guidi’s #51 Ferrari was not reported to the stewards, with the decisions taken solely by race direction.

However, according to the same document, the clash between the two drivers was in fact investigated by the stewards, who made the decisions in accordance with the race direction.

This was enough grounds to throw out Porsche’s protest, meaning Ferrari does get to retain the manufacturers’ crown, while Pier Guidi and James Calado keep the drivers’ title – although race results continue to remain provisional at the time of writing.

Porsche is allowed to appeal stewards’ verdict as per WEC’s regulations.

The late-race clash effectively ended what had been a titanic battle between Porsche and Ferrari, with their leading cars swapping positions a number of times over the course of the race.

The German manufacturer held the advantage heading into the final stages of the contest, with Kevin Estre in the #92 Porsche he shares with Neel Jani and Christensen passing Calado for the lead in the sixth hour.

Pier Guidi later mounted a comeback in the #51 Ferrari on fresher tyres, but was only able to pass Christensen after their collision at the final corner – which followed Filipe Albuquerque lapping them in the #22 United Autosports LMP2 car.

Pier Guidi did slow down to let Christensen through as per the stewards’ original order, only for the Porsche driver to head to the pits for a splash and dash.

The Ferrari driver himself pitted for fuel on the following lap and went on to take the chequered flag by just over three seconds, having been told the sanction had been revoked.

This was the second time a protest had been lodged by a GTE Pro entrant this week after Ferrari contested the two Balance of Performance changes made for the season-closing Bahrain races.

Ferrari’s protest was also unsuccessful.

Full verdict

The Stewards, having received a protest from the Competitor named below have considered the matter, and have come to the decision below.

The protest of Competitor Porsche GT Team is based on the violation of Art. 2b, chap. V of Appendix L of the ISC specifying that an incident which consists in pushing a car must be reported to the Stewards.

The Competitor claims that this was not the case and that the contact between car 51 and car 92 was not reported to the Stewards and that the decisions were taken soly by the Race Director.

In fact all the decisions related to the incident between car 51 and 92 in T14 were reported to the Stewards by the Race Director, investigated and taken by the Stewards in accordance with the Race Director. It was reported verbally and with video evidence.

Consequently the provisions of Annex L, chap. V, art 2b have been respected and the Stewards will reject the protest.

With reference to Art. 13.10.1 of ISC no part of the deposit will be returned.

The Competitor is reminded of his right of Appeal under and in compliance with Art. 16.1.6 of 2021 WEC Sporting Regulations, Article 15 of the International Sporting Code, and Art. 9.1.1 of the FIA Judicial and Disciplinary Rule

Sounds like I missed all the drama with cars 51/92, I just saw the provisional result and was over the moon. Hope any appeal doesn't change the final standings. Congrats to the drivers and team.

Exactly what Rob and I said at the time; no need to hand the place back after #92 pitted. That seemed obvious! Regardless if "public knowledge" or not.

ALESSANDRO PIER GUIDI – No. 51 AF CORSE FERRARI 488 GTE EVO – LMGTE PRO* Provisional champion

"It's nice to be champion again. Is was not easy. We finished the fight, it has always been fair, I think. From my point of view, I couldn't do anything. I didn't expect he [Michael Christensen] was braking so hard! He was trying to close the prototype. Then, when they told me to wait for him, that was fair enough. I was waiting. But then he pitted, so at the point that they just said: ‘okay, keep going’. At that point, what could I do? I was waiting a lot, I lost many seconds. Anyway, it was a nice battle until this moment. For sure is was not my intention to do anything. We had an intensive couple of weekends for us. We fought really hard and luckily, in the cold temperatures we had a small advantage with tyres. After the start, James [Calado] was quite close. At that point I said: ‘oh, maybe we can do it.’ Then, hours were going, and we always wouldn't been there, but we were very close."
    FRANÇOIS PERRODO – No. 83 AF CORSE FERRARI 488 GTE EVO – LMGTE AM

"Now we're really thrilled. Last year, obviously, like you said, was an amazing season to clinch the title. But to be honest, we had a little bit of luck in the last race and we finished P3 in Le Mans. This season, with Nicklas [Nielsen] again, and and Alessio [Rovera], who's a fantastic driver, we won Le Mans, we won four of six races and won the title. We had the potential to really be the best and we proved it. I couldn't be prouder than today with Nicklas, Alessio, the whole team, the engineers, Amato [Ferrari], who trusted me. It's fantastic, I’m really over the moon."

https://youtu.be/kB23xbq_OuU #51 driver interview

https://youtu.be/T4e6EAhzoHo #83 driver interview

Is the result in court yet? I was hoping our man in the know would be able to tell us what's occurring ATM but I do know that Rob has a life away from these boards! Even if he did know I very much doubt he'd be allowed to say what's going on .

Ferrari Drivers and Manufacturers WORLDCHAMPIONS WEC GTE Pro

Porsche withdraws Bahrain WEC appeal over controversial clash

Porsche has withdrawn its appeal against the decision of the stewards to reject its protest of the GTE Pro-winning Ferrari in Saturday's Bahrain 8 Hours World Endurance Championship round.

The Porsche GT Team had previously stated its intent to take its case to the International Court of Appeal, but on Wednesday evening revealed via social media that it had reversed this decision.
    In a Twitter thread, Porsche explained it had intended “to carry out a full examination of the circumstances and the facts in general and also the legal standpoint”
    but that “an in-depth analysis of the situation and the advice of legal counsel have led to a decision not to pursue legal action any further”.
    It had 96 hours after serving notice to formalise its appeal.

The decision means that James Calado and Alessandro Pier Guidi are crowned WEC GTE Pro champions and Ferrari take the manufacturers' title.
    Porsche protested the result after Pier Guidi's AF Corse-run Ferrari 488 GTE made contact with the #92 Porsche 911 RSR of Michael Christensen
    as they battled for the lead with 11 minutes of the race remaining.
    Christensen spun the car he shared with championship contenders Kevin Estre and Neel Jani, and Pier Guidi was ordered by race control to give the position back to the Porsche driver.
    The Ferrari clearly slowed, but the Porsche pitted for what was a scheduled splash-and-dash fuel stop before Pier Guidi could respect the command from race control.
    The Ferrari pitted for a splash the following lap and the order of the Ferrari to cede position was withdrawn, although never publicly communicated via the timing screens.
    The protest, made by the Manthey-run Porsche GT Team factory squad, alleged that the decision was made solely by the race director and not investigated by the stewards
    according to the FIA's international sporting code.
    The stewards' bulletin rejecting the protest said: "In fact all the decisions related to the incident between #51 and #92 in T14 were reported to the stewards
    by the race director, investigated and taken by the stewards in accordance with the race director.
    "It was reported verbally and with video evidence."
    The bulletin continued that because the provisions of the international sporting code had been respected the protest was rejected.

Porsche was reminded of its right of appeal in the bulletin and subsequently did so. However, on Wednesday it pulled the appeal stating
    "In the interests of the sport, Porsche would in future like to see a stringent and uniform approach taken to penalties for violations on the track – especially during the race”.
    Christensen said after the race that he was "just punched off the track" and expressed surprise that the penalty was not a drive-through or a time penalty.
    Pier Guidi suggested that the accident was precipitated by Christensen letting Filipe Albuquerque in the United Autosports LMP2 ORECA through at Turn 15.
    "I didn't like [what happened] but I couldn't do anything different — I couldn't avoid him," he said.