Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Pre Season Testing [12-14 March]

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Did we shave off too much downforce again?
    Yet again, we are reading too much into pre season testing times. Ferrari and every Ferrari powered cars are running the largest RW's, everyone with mid-low downforce RW. And there is no way in hell someone like Latifi in a Williams is only less than tenth slower than Charles in the sector 2 under normal qualifying condition. We are still 2-2.5 seconds away from the ultimate pace.

But the engine is up there, that has been pretty much confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    The truth is that we doesnt look good AT ALL !!!Merc doesnt have a good test till now BUT today they made some very fast stints on hard tires and now they took the top spot with c5. RedBull have show some pretty impresive performance on long stints/mini race sim. Mcl also look pretty good with very good lap times all day long. Alfpha Tauri today is clearly better then up BOTH on long stints and on fast laps by a good margin almost 0.5s. Alpine looks almost on our level and EVEN Alfa Romeo on pure numbers and on track picture looks better then us !!!!!
    THIS is the cold trye picture for us at the moment . For sure we dont now anything about our programme compare to others .but if we doenst have made the choise to run havier/lower (engine) then the others , then ther is nothing good in these test to make us hope foe something good !!!!!!!!
    Leclerc, Binotto and Marc Gene were satisfied with the way SF21 behaved though. Only Ferrari knows what tests they're running. Just topping the timing sheets isn't important in testing. Look at 2019. We had a tonne of hotlaps and setting the timing sheets on fire and when the season arrived, we were nowhere in the chassis tracks. They need to understand the car before trying to set hotlaps.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

One thing I'm afraid about is the rear of the car. Sainz didn't seem comfortable at all with the rear.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

I don't know why some of you are crying already. Our goal is to get top 3 this year, get some podiums and win some races. We are not competing for WCC and WDC, nowhere near that.

If you want to see us win championships come back in 2024 because that's the earliest we can challenge.

Testing is not about topping the time charts. It’s about gathering the data & pass it to Factory for more refinement.

It’s good that Ferrari are doing good mileage. Too early to judge where we stand.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    One thing I'm afraid about is the rear of the car. Sainz didn't seem comfortable at all with the rear.
    I’ve said the same during 1st day of testing by looking at the footage. Rear isn’t stable yet.
    But ferrari said they spent tokens on it. Let’s see

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I’ve said the same during 1st day of testing by looking at the footage. Rear isn’t stable yet.
    But ferrari said they spent tokens on it. Let’s see
    They only spent tokens on it to recover downforce that will be lost due to the 2021 regs. Every single car on this year's grid will have a lower rear downforce than last year's car.

LAP COUNT and KM's on DAY 2:

Haas 163 laps - 882.156kms
    AlphaTauri 142 - 768.504
    Williams 132 - 714.384
    Ferrari 129 - 698.148
    Alpine 128 - 692.736
    Alfa Romeo 125 - 676.5
    Red Bull 117 - 633.204
    Mercedes 114 - 616.968
    McLaren 104 - 562.848
    Aston Martin 80 - 432.96

COMBINED LAP COUNT + KM's

Alpine: 257 - 1390.88
    Red Bull: 256 - 1385.47
    Alfa Romeo: 256 - 1385.47
    AlphaTauri: 253 - 1369.24
    Haas: 248 - 1342.17
    Ferrari: 245 - 1325.94
    Williams: 215 - 1163.58
    McLaren: 195 - 1055.34
    Aston Martin: 177 - 957.93
    Mercedes: 162 - 876.74

LAP COUNT and KILOMETERS per power unit:

Ferrari: 749 - 4053.588
    Mercedes: 749 - 4053.588
    Honda: 509 - 2727.648
    Alpine: 257 - 1390.884
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Testing doesn't tell you where you are relative to other teams. I guess Williams are better than the mercs right now then...
    True. Fair enough.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Murray Walker RIP.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Ferrari suffers from tyre degradation in long runs. The chassis is still far behind the competition. In the MID sector, Leclerc was very slow despite his best time in the S1.

Only Leclerc know if he is pushing in S2 , S3 or not ...............

Probably they are more concerned by other things .................

We dont know what program is he making,etc .....................
    hgfdhgdf

And....

we do not know how much fuel the alpha tauri carried , or Bottas .............. or if for the race, in 3 weeks , new parts solve it .......... if the car need some more downforce in any part of them ...

Remember, we begin with the rear part .............completly new ............
    hgfdhgdf

After seeing the diffuser, I am very worried.
    Either they have something else in the pipeline and they went to Bahrain with a known element for data gathering and correlation with the 3RD and wind tunnel, or they are completely lost.

Charles looks and sounds upbeat never the less... :

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/20...s_Leclerc.html

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Rosso View Post
    Charles looks and sounds upbeat never the less... :

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/20...s_Leclerc.html
    Yeah, good to see. I wish he had asked him how the car is feeling.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Also, Charles is always positive, even last year. But I do concede that we are reading more into testing that we should (me included) - it makes it fun, if anything.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Also, Charles is always positive, even last year. But I do concede that we are reading more into testing that we should (me included) - it makes it fun, if anything.
    He wasn't positive last year. He admitted that they would be struggling massively during testing but everyone thought it was just Ferrari sandbagging.

Apparently, Sainz said in his instagram live that they were running with full tanks, yesterday.

Day 3 of testing......we're GO, GO, GO!!!!

Charles 1.30.486 on mediums right out of the box, matching Bottas from yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    Charles 1.30.3 on mediums right out of the box, matching Bottas from yesterday.
    yep, love the kid. He did a 1:30.486

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    yep, love the kid. He did a 1:30.486
    Any speed traps

Lawrence Barretto, F1.com Senior Writer: "Charles Leclerc didn't want to get ahead of himself when we chatted in the TV pen last night, but the general vibe was one of hope after a solid opening two days of testing. Everything feels good, he reckoned, including the much-talked about all-new Ferrari power unit. It's testing, of course, which is why Leclerc didn't want to be drawn on making predictions, but there's certainly more of a spring in his step versus his persona at the end of last year."

Any link to watch online mates? I have sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by nhiepka View Post
    Any link to watch online mates? I have sorry.
    https://m.twitch.tv/bigflyproduction...-redirect=true

Thank you

Watching long runs, Charles, Kimi and Lance all on a long run, Charles is consistently fastest of the three and just overtook Stroll on track. I'm quite sure Stroll is out of sync as he started his run later, but still.

Sakhir, 13 March 2021 – The second day of the only 2021 pre-season test session saw Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz working on slightly different programmes to one another at the wheel of the SF21. Between them, the Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow drivers completed 129 laps today, equivalent to 698,1 kilometres. It means that over the two days so far, they have done 244 laps (1,321 km).

Morning. As planned, Carlos was the first to drive, going out at 10 local (8 CET), to tackle a programme aimed at evaluating the Pirelli tyres over a long distance. The Spaniard did a series of quite long runs, using both the C2 and C3 compounds. Sainz did 56 laps, the quickest in a time of 1’33”072.

Afternoon. After the lunch break it was Charles’ turn to get to work and in the early afternoon, he too did some long runs on the C2 and C3 tyres. In the final part of the session, the Monegasque did a series of runs aimed partly at a qualifying simulation with various tyre compounds. By the end, Charles best time of 1’30”886 was set on the C5 compound, completing a total of 73 laps.

Programme. The action continues tomorrow at Sakhir’s Bahrain International Circuit with the third and final day of testing. Charles will be first out in the SF21 from 10am local time (8 CET) with Carlos taking over for the afternoon.

Laurent Mekies Racing Director
    “Another very busy day of testing in Bahrain, with almost 700 kilometres covered during the eight hours of track time. The weather was much better than yesterday, although the wind was still a feature, especially in the first part of the day. We worked a lot on management of the Pirelli tyres over long runs and we got plenty of data which we will now analyse carefully. In the final hour, we also began to look at how the SF21 went in terms of outright performance and here too, we gathered a lot of useful information.
    These three days are vitally important and we are taking a methodical approach, because the work we do now will be the key to how we get on during the season. Therefore the most important thing is to complete the planned programme and that’s what we have done so far. As for the competition, we can start thinking about that in two weeks time, in qualifying for the Bahrain Grand Prix.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Aahhh, to tell you the truth, I'm not excited with Lec's race sim. He's on the same pace as Rai,if not a bit slower!!! I think he has more degradation!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!