Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Pre Season Testing [12-14 March]

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Gasly MIGHT have some competition. Yuki doing well for a rookie. No drama at the wheel.
    Some people here might get upset, but Yuki is faster than Mick.

So we are slower then Alpha Tauri on the same tires ??!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Those Hamilton sky tears are tasty today, even for testing.

Sky F1 have their noses so far up Hamilton's a.. they are brown ... you can see he has issues with the car but they still say its all fine...

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    So we are slower then Alpha Tauri on the same tires ??!!
    And only .5 seconds ahead of Russell!

Hey Guys!

This is a quote from Palmer, "Looking at Ferrari, Charles Leclerc did a very strong lap early on today in better conditions, but that's been the only glimpse of something strong from the team. But some of the long runs haven't looked so good and I think they don't look like they've caught up a great deal – maybe they're a bit further ahead than they were last year, but I don't think they're anywhere near the top teams.”

I know that most of the British "PUNDITS" love trashing Ferrari and dry-humping Hamiltons nut****.
    Also, we aren't supposed to make assumptions based on testing results.

But, I have a feeling there's some truth to his statement.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Hey Guys!

This is a quote from Palmer, "Looking at Ferrari, Charles Leclerc did a very strong lap early on today in better conditions, but that's been the only glimpse of something strong from the team. But some of the long runs haven't looked so good and I think they don't look like they've caught up a great deal – maybe they're a bit further ahead than they were last year, but I don't think they're anywhere near the top teams.”

I know that most of the British "PUNDITS" love trashing Ferrari and dry-humping Hamiltons nut****.

What do you guys think?
    Once again Palmer is a failure in the sport and therefor can't be taken serious. The conditions weren't better earlier, they were worse because track temps have since cooled and the track has rubbered in more. He's an idiot much like the rest of the commentators mentioned earlier.

I do not believe for a sec that they know how to build a strong car, and 2022 will not be any different

See the race stints of Ricciardo in McLaren...that some ominous race pace !!

Best sectors and max speed

Verstappen: 28.452 --- 38.157 --- 22.351 --- 309

Tsunoda: 28.401 --- 38.398 --- 22.215 --- 322

Sainz: 28.549 --- 38.566 --- 22.496 --- 312

Raikkonen: 28.523 --- 38.701 --- 22.542 --- 319

Hamilton: 28.741 --- 38.630 --- 22.610 --- 310

Russell: 28.796 --- 38.801 --- 22.432 --- 318

Ricciardo: 28.749 --- 38.760 --- 22.635 --- 310

Perez: 28.926 --- 38.505 --- 22.446 --- 310

Alonso: 28.778 --- 38.810 --- 22.648 --- 312

Leclerc: 28.932 --- 38.793 --- 22.761 --- 319

Norris: 28.895 --- 38.874 --- 22.742 --- 315

Gasly: 28.926 --- 39.065 --- 22.729 --- 314

Ocon: 29.089 --- 39.217 --- 23.000 --- 315

Mazepin: 29.122 --- 39.332 --- 22.994 --- 307

Schumacher: 29.213 --- 39.427 --- 23.175 --- 317

Bottas: 29.471 --- 39.652 --- 22.239 --- 308

Vettel: 30.191 --- 40.957 --- 23.568 --- 291

Stroll: 30.789 --- 41.474 --- 23.699 --- 294

Hey Guys!

What do you guys think?
    Well from what i have seing ,there is nothing to back up his statement !!! He speaks about long runs,ok then let him tell us who has done better long runs and by a lot to justify this statement ???!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Once again Palmer is a failure in the sport and therefor can't be taken serious. The conditions weren't better earlier, they were worse because track temps have since cooled and the track has rubbered in more. He's an idiot much like the rest of the commentators mentioned earlier.
    Man, the commenting on the 2018 British GP drove me over the edge.
    Looking back at races through the 90's and the 2000's, they always were against Ferrari.
    So much for un-biased reporting. (I know its rare)

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Mark Hughes estimation for ultimate speed:

Mercedes - 1m28.3s
    Red Bull - 1m28.5s
    McLaren - 1m28.65s
    Aston Martin - 1m28.7s
    AlphaTauri - 1m29.1s
    Alpine - 1m29.5s
    Ferrari - 1m29.5s
    Alfa Romeo - 1m30.4s
    Williams - 1m31.3s
    Haas - 1m32.45s
    I'm willing to bet good money that Mark is way off the mark here.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    But faster than Lewis It's only testing

The Mercedes looks like a handfull to drive at the limit. They don t look dominant like last year. Red Bull looks good and Alpha look like a good all around performer.
    Yuki looks awsome for a rookie. Ferrari engine is good, the problem is the medium speed corners. The S2 was not all impressive needs to improve if we are to compete at the front.

Kimi and Sainz almost crashed during the last lap. I have no idea what Sainz was doing there and why he got so angry.

Clip : https://streamable.com/jlersq

Sainz already in Seb mode:
    https://streamable.com/jlersq

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    See the race stints of Ricciardo in McLaren...that some ominous race pace !!
    Sainz long runs looks very good. Very consistent.

Man, the commenting on the 2018 British GP drove me over the edge.
    Looking back at races through the 90's and the 2000's, they always were against Ferrari.
    So much for un-biased reporting. (I know its rare)
    It is only Murray Walker and James Allen's love for Michael that made the Ferrari bashing way less than it traditionally was. Once he was gone, they once again started to hate Ferrari. In 2007, they went so far that they completely laughed off Kimi's chances in winning the championship as early as the Sunday morning of the Chinese GP. When Kimi finally won the title in Brazil, they were this close to crying.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    So is Ricciardo's...3rd stint in low 1:34s consistently...on an average his every stint was about a sec faster than Sainz.

Indeed Ric runs where faster but it was a smaller race sim and on the very end of the test with a bit better conditions i think. In the end its so furstrating to try and "decode" all this thinks laps,tires,track conditions,engine modes etc and in the you probably gonna be way off !!!!! Time will tell and we will be here every Saturday-Sunday to comment the results witch are the most certain thing !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Alpha Tauri C5 so was Rusell. Sainz was C4 same as Max so Sainz was 2nd fastest on C4. McLaren etc were 0.5 behind on C4 from Sainz.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Alpha Tauri C5 so was Rusell. Sainz was C4 same as Max so Sainz was 2nd fastest on C4. McLaren etc were 0.5 behind on C4 from Sainz.
    I was only kidding, hence the exclamation mark at the end of my post. Testing times, whether it's short run or long run, don't mean much to me.

But I'm happy with our progress. Apart from some small issues and car seems reliable. And the Ferrari engine seems solid as well, both in terms of reliability and power.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Kimi and Sainz almost crashed during the last lap. I have no idea what Sainz was doing there and why he got so angry.

Clip : https://streamable.com/jlersq
    lol what was that? Both Sainz and Kimi are the cleanest drivers on the grid. Extremely strange behaviour from both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    lol what was that? Both Sainz and Kimi are the cleanest drivers on the grid. Extremely strange behaviour from both of them.
    Kimi went wide and Sainz thought he would let him go (Sainz was on personal best lap).

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Kimi went wide and Sainz thought he would let him go (Sainz was on personal best lap).
    Ah, makes sense.

If you read anything to it :
    I took a good look at Sainz’s lap and although they did not send all the onboard, it must be said that he rode in "neutral mode". No differential adjustment even in curves where doing it improves the car sliding (T9-10 and T14-15) for example # F1Testing
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Testing was only 3 days this year and despite some negative comments about Ferrari from the usual sources, it's not all doom and gloom, Charles and Carlos did some good times in changing conditions and the car seems reliable, but I'm not getting too excited about our chances. The Honda power unit looks so strong, the Mclarens are quick (probably my least favourite team for historical reasons, along with Merc!), and Alpha Tauri must have a disguised RB16B under their drivers, with Tsunoda looking the real deal. This won't be an easy season for any team and I wonder if Italy going back into lockdown will hinder Ferrari more than the other teams. We'll get some answers in two week's time.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Testing was only 3 days this year and despite some negative comments about Ferrari from the usual sources, it's not all doom and gloom, Charles and Carlos did some good times in changing conditions and the car seems reliable, but I'm not getting too excited about our chances. The Honda power unit looks so strong, the Mclarens are quick (probably my least favourite team for historical reasons, along with Merc!), and Alpha Tauri must have a disguised RB16B under their drivers, with Tsunoda looking the real deal. This won't be an easy season for any team and I wonder if Italy going back into lockdown will hinder Ferrari more than the other teams. We'll get some answers in two week's time.
    I don't think Honda have great engine. RB and AT run with smallest rear wings in the pack. RB chassis made the difference.

I don't think Honda have great engine. RB and AT run with smallest rear wings in the pack. RB chassis made the difference.
    Nonetheless, we need to improve in the medium speed corners. We need to make the floor and diffuser work better. The drivers are going to have to make the difference.