Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Pre Season Testing [12-14 March]

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Aahhh, to tell you the truth, I'm not excited with Lec's race sim. He's on the same pace as Rai,if not a bit slower!!! I think he has more degradation!!!!
    Yes Kimi was faster than Charles at the end of the stint but he also had fresher tires. Also note that Charles started the sim half a lap behind kimi and ended the sim ahead.
    But yes my hope here is that the Alpha is a good car this year because they do seem to be very close pace wise. :(

Goes to show how times mean nothing. C5 times yesterday people in a bit of a flap but today LeClerc does a 30.4 on C3 which is 2nd or 3rd fastest time of the entire test. Its definitely the fastest C3 time so far but again is not showing much as I think a number of cars could do a low 29 high 28 on C3 tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Goes to show how times mean nothing. C5 times yesterday people in a bit of a flap but today LeClerc does a 30.4 on C3 which is 2nd or 3rd fastest time of the entire test. Its definitely the fastest C3 time so far but again is not showing much as I think a number of cars could do a low 29 high 28 on C3 tyres.
    Perez did 1"30:3 also on C3s ,but yeah definitely it a better sign then yesterday
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Perez did 1"30:3 also on C3s ,but yeah definitely it a better sign then yesterday
    Timing charts have Perez on C4 tyres? I am watching live and at the end of the session the timing graphic said Perez C4. I'll go off and check.

Any links for third day of testing

Thanks
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Timing charts have Perez on C4 tyres? I am watching live and at the end of the session the timing graphic said Perez C4. I'll go off and check.
    His final 1:30:187 was on C4s ,but before he had done a 1:30:29* on C3s
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

His final 1:30:187 was on C4s ,but before he had done a 1:30:29* on C3s
    Thanks, I see now. Encouraging but as I have said nearly any car out there can do better than these times on C3.

Till now it looks like no surprises. With all these developments freeze.... looks really difficult to make a difference. At least they are saving money and who care about the sport or the fun. I propose to make this championship virtual

In total the general opinion is that the car is not that bad,although we cant predict anything because other teams has done pretty well also. Our main problem is ,once again, the tire degradation witch is created from the lack of load from the rear !!! Noone knows if its a general problem for us ,or they still havent foyn the sweet spot from the all new back end+suspension ???!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Binotto:
    "This afternoon we have prepared a programme with runs of different lengths. We will focus mainly on the softer compounds."
    "As far as the planned programme is concerned, we managed to do everything we wanted to do."
    "With only 3 days of testing, we knew it would be very stressful and intense. We focused on finding out how the new car behaves in different conditions. We collected a lot of data that we are now analysing."
    "We don't know what the others are doing. And the cars will still change before the first race!"
    "Last year we were very slow here in Bahrain in terms of top speed. The disadvantage doesn't seem so big now when I look at the data. In terms of lap times, we don't compare ourselves with other cars, we just focus on ourselves."
    "We are now faster on the straights than last year. It's a combination of power and drag. The top speed is no longer a disadvantage for us."
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

Thanks
    https://m.twitch.tv/bigflyproduction
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Thanks
    https://www.streameast.live/formula-...testing-day-3/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I thought that the screens in front of the garages were banned? Not that it matters to me, just curious as the teams are still using them.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I thought that the screens in front of the garages were banned? Not that it matters to me, just curious as the teams are still using them.
    They can use them if they need to take the floor of the car. You can basically tell that they have a big issue if the screens are up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    They can use them if they need to take the floor of the car. You can basically tell that they have a big issue if the screens are up.
    Ok, thanks mate! Merc had the screens up a while ago. Might have been when they were getting the car ready for hamilton.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Looks like Mercedes has there work cut out for them regarding the rear of the car.

1) Either go with a low rake angle (as the previous Mercedes cars) or move up to a higher rake angle.

2) IF a higher rake angle, could they follow Mclaren's rear diffuser setup??
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Looks like Mercedes has there work cut out for them regarding the rear of the car.

1) Either go with a low rake angle (as the previous Mercedes cars) or move up to a higher rake angle.

2) IF a higher rake angle, could they follow Mclaren's rear diffuser setup??
    Definitely looks like a handful to drive....
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Maybe it's blind support but I'm cautiously optimistic about the SF21. Nothing about it suggests to be yet another lemon, it looks solid and it's ramping up millage. Leclerc himself can add few more extra tenths. So yeah...feeling optimistic.

Right now Sainz is on a race stint and looking super consistent.

Thanks mate
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Sainz apparently on a race sim and faster more consistent than LeClerc this morning. Fruits of data analysis and set up changes?

Sainz apparently on a race sim and faster more consistent than LeClerc this morning. Fruits of data analysis and set up changes?
    Lower track temperature

Or fuel loads

Or fuel loads
    Race sim fuel loads would be the same. It's probably a bit of everything, time of day, set up changes etc. Stands to reason as more mileage the better they can set the car up. Looks good though, in the low 35's on hard now. Thinks he has another 20 laps left.

Dont care about the lap times,but the consistency. Its o good thing if they have found something to solve to degradation problem
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Dont care about the lap times,but the consistency. Its o good thing if they have found something to solve to degradation problem
    Absolutely, has been around 35 flat for lap after lap in this stint. Car looks very settled as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    Lower track temperature
    Yup, 43C vs 29C and getting cooler, so air is getting thicker and tyres are performing better. But Sainz is looking super consistent.

Sainz 1st stint 13 laps excluding out and in laps, started 36.8 ended 39.1 but from 2nd lap on was high 37 low 38 so deg not bad with full tank. 2nd stint 17 laps started 36.6 ended 37.1 so less fuel deg 0.5. This smacks of driving to a delta but appears very good.

in witch tire did Ves his lap ?
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

in witch tire did Ves his lap ?
    I thought they said experimental C3 maybe 4 tire

Sky are as ever stupid. Raikkonen on a C4 in better conditions beats LeClercs C3 time by 0.050 and try to angle a story from it. Wish God had left Murray and taken Croft instead.