Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Pre Season Testing [12-14 March]

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    James Allison robbed the magic floor from Rory Byrnes shed. What a gypsy.

Good! It didn't work for us either. Not doing them any wonders right now.

EwTOYzBWQAMHBSb.jpeg
    Big rear wings on Ferrari powered cars

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    EwTOYzBWQAMHBSb.jpeg
    WOW, those are barn doors on the ferrari powered cars including Ferrari....good to see that we still had some decent top speed even with them....saying that the engine is not to shabby

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Max MORE THAN LIKELY looks to get the Mercedes seat IF Lewis retires after 2021 into 2022.
    Do you think when we had a good chance to take a championship with seb and he just couldn't keep it together do you guys think max could have? I don't like is hard words because i would support any driver that is in our cars and it could be MAX or HAM wearing red in the next 1 to 2 years from now! Think of all the secrets they could bring to us. Just my 2 cents from a Ferrari fan.

Quote Originally Posted by sxviper698 View Post
    Do you think when we had a good chance to take a championship with seb and he just couldn't keep it together do you guys think max could have? I don't like is hard words because i would support any driver that is in our cars and it could be MAX or HAM wearing red in the next 1 to 2 years from now! Think of all the secrets they could bring to us. Just my 2 cents from a Ferrari fan.
    Seb couldnt keep it together? I think you mean Ferrari couldnt give him a good enough car! And when Seb was in a great championship position and needed the team support he didnt get it (Monza 2018). I really dont like it when people blame Seb for the Ferrari failure.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    Seb couldnt keep it together? I think you mean Ferrari couldnt give him a good enough car! And when Seb was in a great championship position and needed the team support he didnt get it (Monza 2018). I really dont like it when people blame Seb for the Ferrari failure.
    I didn't mean it like that sorry! I love Seb he is a mans man and i will watch him this season along with my team! I like all the drivers even when their emotions run their mouths. Lol I meant no disrespect to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    EwTOYzBWQAMHBSb.jpeg
    The rear wing on the Ferrari look like the sails on a boat. If the SF21 could be 3 km/h faster than SF1000 and 3 km/h off a Merc powered car DESPITE that humongous rear wing, I think the engine packs a serious punch in there.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    I didn't mean it like that sorry! I love Seb he is a mans man and i will watch him this season along with my team! I like all the drivers even when their emotions run their mouths. Lol I meant no disrespect to anyone.
    Seb's problem is adaptability to a "not so good car." When the formula changed in 2014 with RedBull, Seb got beat by Ricciardo AND just like RedBull when Seb went to Ferrari he got beat by Leclerc.

Ricciardo and Leclerc can adapt to the cars when the cars are'nt great.....Seb cannot. Seb needs to be out in the front with a good car, otherwise his "problems" show regardless of how bad the car is.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Maybe Ricciardo or Norris can get it done...McLaren has been heading closer to the front in recent years, now they have merc power. You never know. Lets hope Ferrari have found something.....
    Ricciardo's nonstop giddy smile is bad enough as it is. Norris I feel hasn't earned his stripes yet. So yeah, let's hope Ferrari have found something.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

When hamilton retires max will step into the unknown likely to be a mercedes lemon.The mercedes glory days will truely be done and dusted.No 2 year advantage for mercedes next time around.

We don't need secrets from outside. We need competence from inside.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

is there any link for watching the testing today?

The green Mercedes seem to have gearbox issues as well.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Sky F1 commentary is beyond atrocious, so Hamilton is going along with them Carun Chandhok commenting along the lap going how good the merc was ... only to have him beach it in a gravel trap

Hamilton spins out, session red flagged.

Quote Originally Posted by nhiepka View Post
    is there any link for watching the testing today?
    https://www.streameast.live/formula-...testing-day-2/

You tube is also streaming F1 testing
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Hamilton spins out, session red flagged.

Just to show times are nothing, William's 3rd a few tenths off the pace. Lap times are 3 seconds slower than FP1 times a few months ago. All cars are twitchy due to the wind possibly new floor rules as well.

RB as well as Mclaren looking very good. Merc all over the place. We are just slow...

Mclaren seems to have found loophole with diffuser, we have gone "aggressive" with new gearbox/suspension yet its much more conventional then Merc/RB. Says it all really...

I don't get why Mick is abbreviated MSC and not SCH. Every other driver is represented by the first 3 letters of their surname.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I don't get why Mick is abbreviated MSC and not SCH. Every other driver is represented by the first 3 letters of their surname.
    I'm going to bet that Gene convinced him for marketing's sake. Gotta milk the nostalgia money.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    I'm going to bet that Gene convinced him for marketing's sake. Gotta milk the nostalgia money.
    100% marketing. To really push the marketing MSC should be written in bright green whilst other drivers are in white.

So Seb was asked to compare the engines:

"It's certainly different. But I don't make any comparisons, out of respect for the different manufacturers."

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    So Seb was asked to compare the engines:

"It's certainly different. But I don't make any comparisons, out of respect for the different manufacturers."
    Nice attitude. Shows respect.:

The SF21 has not yet given precise indications on its potential, because the Cavallino team is still working to discover its potential. Positive indications come from the greater power of the power unit, but a judgment on the Red is premature: Sainz spun with a nervous rear end. The technicians have managed to open a channel that feeds the flow under the differential, but the right balance has yet to be found.
    How much is the Ferrari SF21 worth? For the moment, the Scuderia has not looked for performance on the Red, working hard on understanding the new car: Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz are skimming set-up solutions to find in this phase of study what can be the basis on which to work.

The Spaniard, fifth yesterday, reached third place in the morning making correlations between the medium tires (the yellow one built by Pirelli in Romania and the one without colored band made in Turkey). Carlos blasted a train into a spin on the fast, after making a wide gap due to the annoying oversteer that suddenly emerged.

For now, Ferrari is very covered: the technicians are still discovering its potential. The SF21 wants to get back on top after the 2020 disaster with sixth place in the Constructors' World Championship and the first indications regarding the 056/6 power unit are positive (also confirmed by the customer teams).

Attention is focused on reducing the red's resistance to advancement: at the rear, a great deal of work has been done to regain the downforce that was lost with the cutting of the bottom.

Giorgio Piola's image shows us very clearly the large channel that has opened under the differential which has been raised by 30 mm, less than other solutions that we have been able to observe, for example on Red Bull and Mercedes with more inclined drive shafts.

But at Maranello they went in the right direction following the concepts of the top teams: the geometry of the rear pull rod suspension is new and the engineers are still looking for the right adjustment of the hydraulic control that last year made the rear end very unstable.

The bottom of the SF21 is less "pushed" than Mercedes and Aston Martin: there are no "shells" of the W12, but three flow deviators appeared in the middle of the floor that were not there at the presentation.

There are three vortex generators in front of the rear wheel and there is also a vertical flap on the side of the tire: the Cavallino technicians have placed a "carpet" of Pitot tubes to collect data on the behavior of the car by measuring the air speed in the various points in the Coca Cola area, while in the early morning under the rear axle the usual lights projected on the asphalt by the two laser readers useful for reading the instant height variations, just to discover and analyze what is the behavior of the car in passing from the set-up Rake beaten in corners to the flatter set up on the straight.

In the front of the Rossa, good indications have come from the nose with the narrower nose thanks to the new integration of the deformable structure (not modified) with the cape and the new support pillars of the front wing.

On the frame, on the sides of the air vent of the S-duct, four flow deviators have appeared that generate a down wash effect to feed the air destined for the bottom.

For now, Ferrari cannot yet be judged because it remains a laboratory ...

From Motorsport Italia
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

In the "2021 F1 news/rumors" thread page 16 post 455.....

Mercedes did'nt follow suit but Mclaren did. Mclaren have a rear diffuser with 2 large vanes in the center of the diffuser to create more downforce.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

While not reading too much into it, the long run pace is not looking strong at all, compared to Perez, sho is on the same tyres. Just about 1s slower per lap. But weirdly we are doing just 285kmh on the main straight.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    In the "2021 F1 news/rumors" thread page 16 post 455.....

Mercedes did'nt follow suit but Mclaren did. Mclaren have a rear diffuser with 2 large vanes in the center of the diffuser to create more downforce.
    Could this finally be the year we have all been waiting for? Mercedes finally struggling and wont be fastest come Q3? They are still in the garage and have done virtually no meaningful running these past two days. Hamilton was struggling again this morning!

Still cant gage how Ferrari is doing overall....Brundle thinks RedBull and Mclaren look the best this year so far with AlphaTauri 3rd.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    While not reading too much into it, the long run pace is not looking strong at all, compared to Perez, sho is on the same tyres. Just about 1s slower per lap. But weirdly we are doing just 285kmh on the main straight.
    The engine is turned down plus no DRS. He was in the 310s yesterday even for long run. (based on what I read on reddit, so don't quote me for the exact number)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    What was Ferrari top speed on shorter runs from other times in the day?