Thread: Murray Walker R.I.P.

Murray Walker R.I.P.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/56388596

The guy was an absolute Legend. I will never forget some of his brilliant commentary as I grew up watching F1.

I just found out. I'm devastated. Murray's utter passion and love for F1 was what got me into the sport all those years ago.
    So so sad, RIP legend. I hate the fact we've lost you but we have the useless and annoying croft idiot.

Sad news, RIP Murray, the voice of F1.
    Forza Ferrari

He was and always will be THE best F1 commentator ever , period.
    R.I.P. dear Murray we will never forget you....

A true icon in motorsport announcers. R.I.P. Prayers and thoughts are with the family.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

RIP. A voice of my childhood.

I'm saddened to hear Murray Walker has died, he was the voice of F1 for me growing up alongside Martin Bundle through the ITV years. He was truly one of a kind and I doubt we'll see the likes of him again.
    It's also sad when I think about how great the sport once was and his voice will always accompany that, including all the silly nonsense he would come out with from time to time.

His commentary and unmatched enthusiasm for the sport will never be equaled much less surpassed. R.I.P. Mr.Walker

RIP.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

I wasn't around, when he owned the F1, but I saw all the races later and... yeah, he single handedly created an era. He will be missed. What a guy! R.I.P.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

An absolute gentleman the true voice of formula1 RIP MR WALKER.

Rip murray.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Murray Walker was the most revered of F1 commentators over a long period and brought the sport into our homes like never before. His gaffes made him almost as famous and his sense of humour and enthusiasm kept us watching and we listened to every word. Even when paired with James Hunt, he maintained his position as the voice of F1. RIP Murray.
    Last edited by wisepie; 14th March 2021 at 18:04.

He was a huge part of my F1 journey over the last half century. Farewell Murray.
    Trying to be less angry..

RIP.

I know it's slightly off topic but I've just found out that Sabine Schmitz has died. The queen of the nurburgring. She won many races including the nurburgring 24hrs and was famous for driving a transit van around the nurburgring on top gear and passing sports cars with it. Only 51. a tragic loss :(

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    I know it's slightly off topic but I've just found out that Sabine Schmitz has died. The queen of the nurburgring. She won many races including the nurburgring 24hrs and was famous for driving a transit van around the nurburgring on top gear and passing sports cars with it. Only 51. a tragic loss :(
    Yes, very sad and an extremely talented lady with a great personality. RIP Sabine.

Murray Walker was a fantastic commentator. He seemed to give everything that he had in his work. If he was commentating on BMX Racing, he would be the same. I thought James Hunt and Murray were a brilliant combination. They both had different commentating styles.
    Murray would be standing up doing his commentating being enthusiastic, while James would be sat down and be more low key and calm. Watched a Murray Walker Tribute programme, Murray said that he would do quite a bit of paper work leading up to a Race. On Race day, Murray would have the notes ready, then James would come along and take them.
    Was shocked to hear about Sabine. She was brilliant on Top Gear. She could drive anything and not be nervous. When you watched her drive, she always looked calm, never looked scared, (unlike her passenger).
    Thank you Murray and Sabine for what you gave to Motorsport.
    The good times WILL return, and FERever.