Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Predictions

Looks like the team is improved in all areas. Still not close to do the faster pitstop in the race, but they are not bad either.
    Strategy wise, not major issues.

So, they have the capacity to capitalise on a blunder from Merc/RB.
    I believe that we will see a DNF due to collision between MV and LH, so, we must be close in order to get the odd win.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Why not???? Mclaren is faster than Ferrari given in the hands of the right driver. I consider Leclerc to be a better driver than Norris.....but not by much...but Norris is in a faster car.

We are currently seeing drivers having trouble in their cars since they transitioned onto them in 2021 copmpared to their team-mates-->Perez, Alonso, Ricciardo, Vettel.
    I never considered Bottas an excellent driver but he has been driving a dominant car playing second fiddle to Lewis.

Rookies--> Yuki, Mazepin and Mick are also having issues acclomating to their cars and were just 2 races into the season.

I expect all of the above to get better as the races accrue....withn 3 to 4 races into the season.
    Except it isn't? Leclerc was much faster than Norris or Ricciardo before the red flag and after that, Leclerc didn't know it was going to be a rolling start and lost the place to Norris. Even then, in clean air, Norris was barely quicker than Leclerc. The only reason Leclerc couldn't overtake and pull away is because the track is too narrow and risking it would demolish a good result.

You must've been watching a different race if you think McLaren were quicker than us.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Looks like the team is improved in all areas. Still not close to do the faster pitstop in the race, but they are not bad either.
    Strategy wise, not major issues.

So, they have the capacity to capitalise on a blunder from Merc/RB.
    I believe that we will see a DNF due to collision between MV and LH, so, we must be close in order to get the odd win.
    Ferrari improved a lot in pitstops. Arguably P3 but comfortably P4 behind RedBull, Williams and Mercedes (whenever they feel the need to have a quick pitstop).

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Except it isn't? Leclerc was much faster than Norris or Ricciardo before the red flag and after that, Leclerc didn't know it was going to be a rolling start and lost the place to Norris. Even then, in clean air, Norris was barely quicker than Leclerc. The only reason Leclerc couldn't overtake and pull away is because the track is too narrow and risking it would demolish a good result.

You must've been watching a different race if you think McLaren were quicker than us.
    I watched the same race as you did.

Mclaren is quicker than Ferrari in qualifying and in race pace. Norris is currently 27 points in the WDC and Leclerc is 20 points in the WDC with 2 races in. Ricciardo and Sainz are tied with 14pts apiece.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post

Indeed, Leclerc was way quicker than Norris, red flag cost him badly. How anyone can ignore that and claim McLaren were quicker is rather strange.
    Forza Ferrari

I think we can get a win this year, circuits like Monte Carlo and Singapore.
    what do you guys think? realistic or overly optimistic?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Indeed, Leclerc was way quicker than Norris, red flag cost him badly. How anyone can ignore that and claim McLaren were quicker is rather strange.
    Agree. Leclerc was dropping the Mclarens quite handily until the field was bunched up again with the red flag. Even Sainz after going off a couple times was still able to close on the Mclarens. The soft tires gave Norris track position and he had his car set up for the long straight so Leclerc couldn't get past.

Forget Mclaren and Norris, Leclerc was even faster than Perez on intermediates. He overtook him on track and was ahead by 16 seconds before the pit stop. Leclerc had 29 seconds advantage over both Norris and Perez, there's no ifs and buts about it. In last year's Turkey, he was 65 seconds behind the race leader after the first 5 laps, and clawed back that deficit without any safety car. The same logic should be applied to Mclaren as well. Norris was on clean air from lap 13 onward and he couldn't claw back the deficit. And what's more, he couldn't overtake Ric and needed teamorder to get ahead.

Leclerc and Ferrari lost the podium because of the red flag. Simple.

Mclaren is faster than Ferrari. BOTH Mclaren drivers have advanced into Q3 at both GP's. Another team also has advanced into Q3 at both GP's....take a guess??

The red flag at Imola helped most and did'nt help others.....that's the nature of the red flag.

The red flag was the only reason the "faster" McLaren got ahead, otherwise the "faster" McLaren was well off Charles pace.....but yeah that makes them "faster".
    Forza Ferrari

The red flag was the only reason the "faster" McLaren got ahead, otherwise the "faster" McLaren was well off Charles pace.....but yeah that makes them "faster".
    Mclaren is beating Ferrari in the WDC standings.

Mclaren is beating Ferrari in the WDC standings.
    Ah so that makes them faster? If not for the red flag that you seem to want to ignore they would be 1 point ahead.

They were not faster at Imola and no matter what you say will change that really.
    Forza Ferrari

Ah so that makes them faster? If not for the red flag that you seem to want to ignore they would be 1 point ahead.

They were not faster at Imola and no matter what you say will change that really.
    You can't argue with these kind of fans...

But what you say is true.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Overall, Mclaren is the faster car

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    You can't argue with these kind of fans...

But what you say is true.
    Yeah just seems some "fans" just always have to look for reasons to be negative.

Norris has beaten Perez both races, must mean McLaren is also faster than Red Bull
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Forget Mclaren and Norris, Leclerc was even faster than Perez on intermediates. He overtook him on track and was ahead by 16 seconds before the pit stop. Leclerc had 29 seconds advantage over both Norris and Perez, there's no ifs and buts about it. .
    So just because Leclerc was "faster" than Norris and Perez......heck, let's throw in Bottas as well....that makes a Ferrari faster than a Mclaren, a Redbull and a Mercedes.

Overall, the Ferrari is not faster than a Mclaren, a RedBull or a Mercedes as you will see in the upcoming races.

So just because Leclerc was "faster" than Norris and Perez......heck, let's throw in Bottas as well....that makes a Ferrari faster than a Mclaren, a Redbull and a Mercedes.

Overall, the Ferrari is not faster than a Mclaren, a RedBull or a Mercedes as you will see in the upcoming races.
    Ferrari was faster at Imola, get over it already
    Forza Ferrari

Yeah just seems some "fans" just always have to look for reasons to be negative.

Norris has beaten Perez both races, must mean McLaren is also faster than Red Bull
    Sorry if I hurt your feelings by being negative.

Perez is acclomating to a new car.....as well as other more experienced drivers as I have mentioned.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings by being negative.

Perez is acclomating to a new car.....as well as other more experienced drivers as I have mentioned.
    Nope McLaren is quicker than Red Bull.....
    Forza Ferrari

Mclaren is faster than Ferrari. BOTH Mclaren drivers have advanced into Q3 at both GP's. Another team also has advanced into Q3 at both GP's....take a guess??

The red flag at Imola helped most and did'nt help others.....that's the nature of the red flag.
    Leclerc is ahead of Bottas in the standing and both of our drivers are ahead of Perez. Guess it makes us faster than Mercedes and Red Bull!?

Nope McLaren is quicker than Red Bull.....
    please.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Leclerc is ahead of Bottas in the standing and both of our drivers are ahead of Perez. Guess it makes us faster than Mercedes and Red Bull!?
    One race does'nt make it so. Overall, Mclaren is faster than Ferrari.

Guys, relax.
    Ferrari was faster in the wet.
    In the dry, it wasn't. Simple as that.

Guys, relax.
    someone that knows what he's talking about....

Guys, relax.
    It isn't. Conditions were dry at the end. Leclerc finished 2 seconds behind Norris, Sainz was ahead of Ricciardo by 24. The McLarens were on softs, the Ferraris were on mediums.

Exactly my point. It's not 2006.
    With DRS you can pass a slower car.
    CL couldn't pass LN and he even dropped from the 0.7 to 2" distance at the end.

Come on guys, we still have 20 races to go. While certain conditions may have favoured Mc over Ferrari, it won't be the case all the time. Right now our priority should be ensuring the correlated updates in wind tunnel matches on the race track and faster development

One race does'nt make it so. Overall, Mclaren is faster than Ferrari.
    Not really. Mclaren was faster in Bahrain but slower in Imola. They needed the red flag and soft tyre gamble in a green track to get ahead of Ferrari. Not sure why you're hellbent on making them faster than us.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    It isn't. Conditions were dry at the end. Leclerc finished 2 seconds behind Norris, Sainz was ahead of Ricciardo by 24. The McLarens were on softs, the Ferraris were on mediums.
    Yes. Leclerc was only 1.5 seconds before the final lap and in the end the gap was 1.8 seconds. Imola has always been notorious for overtaking another car and Mclaren was faster on the straight due to its skinny rear wing and superior engine. When both had equal tyres and clean air, the Mclaren was nowhere near of Ferrari.

I watched the same race as you did.

Mclaren is quicker than Ferrari in qualifying and in race pace. Norris is currently 27 points in the WDC and Leclerc is 20 points in the WDC with 2 races in. Ricciardo and Sainz are tied with 14pts apiece.
    You ignore the fact that Norris was using new soft tyres whereas Charles was using medium (and if I'm correct) they were used as well.
    At the same time, before the red flag, Charles was chaotically faster.
    So no.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Exactly.

Not really. Mclaren was faster in Bahrain but slower in Imola. They needed the red flag and soft tyre gamble in a green track to get ahead of Ferrari. Not sure why you're hellbent on making them faster than us.
    Because "Mclaren are faster than us".
    Not really, but ok.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve