Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Predictions

2021 Predictions

After 2 days of testing, let's hear your 2021 F1 predictions.

WCC:

1 - Mercedes
    2 - Red Bull Racing
    3 - McLaren
    4 - Aston Martin
    5 - Ferrari
    6 - AlphaTauri
    7 - Alpine
    8 - Alfa Romeo
    9 - Haas
    10 - Williams

WCC notes:
    - Mercedes had BY FAR best car of 2020. 2021 cars are all just an extension of 2020 cars. Mercedes floor looks to be the most advanced, which should be the biggest area to develop this season.
    -RBR again should have amazing chassis. Max Verstappen is the best driver. Perez should always be able to get points, even if not much of a challenge to Max.
    - McLaren now has Mercedes power. Their trick diffuser should be an advantage for the first couple races. Ricciardo is a stud and should be an upgrade over an already strong driver line up.
    - Aston Martin. Looks like Mr Stroll wrote another check to Mercedes for all their aero innovations for 2021. Should be a podium challenger for the first 3-4 races at least. If the car has balance I expect Vettel to get back to form. Lance Stroll is still a bottom level driver.
    - Ferrari gets a supposed significant PU upgrade. It will not be worth 2 seconds a lap to get up with Mercedes or RBR. I have to believe the PU may only get on par with Honda or Alpine, could still very well be the worst PU on the grid. The chassis should be as good as McLaren, but their nose is already 2 or 3 seasons behind the times. Ferrari sadly isn't known for being efficient, and have always had an enormous budget. With a $145m budget cap this year, I think Ferrari's development program could struggle.
    - AlphaTauri will get the hand downs from RBR big brother. They do great work with a mediocre budget, so budget cap fit their program nicely.
    - Alpine has one of the greatest drivers of all time in Alonso, but nobody steps away from F1 and comes back in the same form. Secondly they have no engine development support which means any reliability issues will be costly to fix. Their car has a very different aero approach than the rest. Rarely does that ever prove to be a home run when it comes from a mid pack team.
    - Alfa Romeo has not a great chassis, not a great engine, but good driver experience.
    - Haas also not a great chassis, not a great engine, and has 2 rookies. I expect plenty of mistakes
    - Williams has new funding and one can hope they make another large step to at least fight with the bottom 3. Russell appears to be an elite talent, but that only goes so far if the car is rubbish

WDC:
    1 - Hamilton
    2 - Bottas
    3 - Verstappen
    4 - Ricciardo
    5 - Perez
    6 - Vettel
    7 - Leclerc
    8 - Lando

Teammate battles:

Mercedes - Hamilton > Bottas
    Red Bull - Max > Perez
    McLaren - Ricciardo > Lando
    Aston Martin - Vettel > Stroll
    Ferrari - Leclerc > Sainz
    AlphaTauri - Gasly > Yuki
    Apline - Alonso > Ocon
    Alfa Romeo - Giovinazzi > Kimi
    Haas - Schumacher > Mazepin
    Williams - Russell > Latifi

Ferrari will, I think, be a top three team.

I think LEC will be ahead of SAI.
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    After 2 days of testing, let's hear your 2021 F1 predictions.
    I think your analysis was so good, that I can not add anything to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post

In our dreams it would be, I'm not making any predictions as none of them involve Ferrari being at the front, or even near it. I could be wrong.......?!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post

I at least hope Ferrari can compete with McLaren and Aston Martin.

1-4 Red Bull / Merc
    5-10 Ferrari, McLaren, Alpha Tauri.
    11-16 Alpine, Aston Martin, Alfa Romeo
    17-18 William's
    19-20 Haas

i think we'll be a solid 4th or 5th....

1. merc or redbull
    2. red bull or merc
    3. mclaren or aston
    4. ferrari

anyting better will be a bonus

Agree.
    And I made the bold prediction that Sains will be very close to CL, if not to beat him!
    (I like this guy!)

Merc
    Red Bull
    McLaren
    Ferrari
    Alpha Tauri
    Alfa Romeo
    Alpine
    Aston Martin
    Williams
    Haas

I can picture Mclaren getting a couple of podiums, I fear Ferrari are out of it and only going to get a podium on "odd" races.
    Basically another boring Merc year where goldenboy has no challenge, especially not from his teammate.
    Roll on F1 2022!
    Last edited by Redfive; 14th March 2021 at 20:04.

I think we're third and not far behind. While WDC and WCC is out of the question, I'd be very disappointed if we don't beat McLaren considering we have gained a lot on the engine side.

Leclerc P4/P5 depending on Pérez that is the big unknown, Sainz P8.

Five podiums for Leclerc if Pérez flops, otherwise seven. One for Sainz. At least one front row for Charles, probably in Singapore.

Something like that?

The other teams then? I genuinely don't give a damn this year now that 7-91 is over. Would be nice if Hammy got beat but ain't gonna happen. 2022 is the big one now.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 14th March 2021 at 20:31.

Don't forget McLaren gained a lot of power by switching to Mercedes.

Yes but they couldn't change anything else as integration cost 2 tokens. Diffuser idea maybe a good trick maybe not, McLaren have had good ideas in the past, some work like the F Duct others fail like the venetian blind suspension everyone got excited about the year the beam wing was banned.

I didn't know the swap to the Merc PU cost McLaren 2 tokens. That's good info.

I sure hope Ferrari can at least compete with McLaren and Aston Martin.

I think it will be a very boring season for Mercedes in 1st place, and a very boring season for Red Bull in 2nd place. But 3rd to 7th could be very exciting.

Mercedes are going to have stiff competition this year. Max as a chance to win it. I wouldn t rule out Leclerc and Sainz. This season is going to be long and Red Bull and Mercedes can have reliability problems or race incidents.

Last year, alot of times, Leclerc would qualify near the front and go backwards in the race because of the engine. This year it's not going to happen. Look at Leclerc time today with the c3 tire and 319 trap speed and probably not on fumes.

The Alpha looked good but i was running on fumes, c5 tires and engine at max.

Williams with Merc engine and Russell driving should not be without a point this season. If Williams does put Haas behind them Mick may well wind up like Giovanazzi with a long wait for that Ferrari seat. I had Mick in for 2023.

Williams with Merc engine and Russell driving should not be without a point this season. If they do put Haas behind them Mick may wind up like Giovanazzi with a long wait for that Ferrari seat. I had Mick in for 2023.

1st and 2nd i think is a forgone conclusion.
    I am quietly optimistic. I think we will be fighting with Mclaren for 3rd. Lets not forget we have LeClerc. That boy is magic.
    A level below will be Alpine, Alfa tauri and Aston.

Could still be a better season than the last 4 or 5
    Silently, like a shadow

I'll repeat the daring prediction that I first made on another thread during off-season.

The 2021 F1 Driver's Championship will not be won by Lewis Hamilton.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Williams with Merc engine and Russell driving should not be without a point this season. If Williams does put Haas behind them Mick may well wind up like Giovanazzi with a long wait for that Ferrari seat. I had Mick in for 2023.
    Mate, you do realise aero is a variable right?
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

I would be happy if we finish P4 or P5. Don't forget that this is only a transition year. Maranello should 100% concentrate on 2022.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Ferrari could very well be a bit faster than it seemed to be. Sainz is new to the team and the car. So I don't think he was yet capable of getting it to the max. Leclerc is faster than Sainz and we know what he can get out of a car. However, Leclerc did the morningsessions. The track was much slower in the morning than in the late afternoon. So I think Leclerc can be much faster than he actually was.
    I like to be optimistic.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Normally the track is faster in the morning due to thinner air...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

As name itself “predictions”.... no accurate info.

WCC
    1. Mercs
    2. RB
    3. Mclaren
    4. Ferrari
    5. AM
    6. Alphine
    7. AT
    8. AlfaR
    9. Haas
    10. Williams

4th/5th/6th places might change.
    1 It will be not easy for Mercs this season, as RB looks in good shape. But still Mercs has that reserve power to unlock its potential.
    2. Mclaren might be the underdogs this season, move to Mercs engine will give best results for them.
    3. Tight fight between AM vs Ferrari vs Alphine (Lec vs Vettel vs Alonso) it will come down to drivers. Where Ferrari has the edge.
    4. AT will be in its own zone
    5. There will be improvements from Alfa R & Haas as well.
    6. Williams will maintain its consistency with the last place.

WDC
    1. Ham
    2. Max
    3. Bottas
    4. Ric
    5. Perez

I will not post rest of the driver standings because it will be tight fight vettel/leclerc/Alonso/sainz/Gasly/Norris... all the drivers are capable to score many points.
    G
    Surprise performer : Ferrari... can shock all.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Normally the track is faster in the morning due to thinner air...
    In the evening and into night....track is rubbered in from morning and mid-day use and cooler temps on the track.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    In the evening and into night....track is rubbered in from morning and mid-day use and cooler temps on the track.
    I agree, theoretically the track should be cleaned off of any sand, plenty of rubber on the track, and evening means less sunlight and track temps will be much cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Mate, you do realise aero is a variable right?
    I do but... How can Williams not improve on their areo problems for another year? It can't be only fans are aware! Haas areo tech. better than Williams ?

Again, it's only testing, it doesn't mean anything, but it would be a real shame if Haas slipped to the back of the grid since we sent some of our people there.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I do but... How can Williams not improve on their areo problems for another year? It can't be only fans are aware! Haas areo tech. better than Williams ?
    Williams are broke.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Again, it's only testing, it doesn't mean anything, but it would be a real shame if Haas slipped to the back of the grid since we sent some of our people there.
    Machinery wise, the car should definitely be capable of points under able hands. They did that last year in an engine 40hp weaker than the engine in the Williams. Where Haas lose is in their drivers, it's not that Mick or Mazepin are bad drivers, I would even say Mick has a higher ceiling than Magnussen/Grosjean but rookie drivers are often at a disadvantage, especially with no veteran teammate as a benchmark/mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Williams are broke.
    Williams WERE broke....past tense. Williams is under new investors. Give them 3 to 5 years to get back on their feet.
    It's not how start but how you finish.