Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Machinery wise, the car should definitely be capable of points under able hands. They did that last year in an engine 40hp weaker than the engine in the Williams. Where Haas lose is in their drivers, it's not that Mick or Mazepin are bad drivers, I would even say Mick has a higher ceiling than Magnussen/Grosjean but rookie drivers are often at a disadvantage, especially with no veteran teammate as a benchmark/mentor.
    Yeah the double-rookie lineup doesn't help them at all. Will it be possible though to tell whether a lack of results is due to drivers or to the car?

Side note but on similar lines: If Kimi retires end of 2021,i wonder if Alfa will replace him with an experienced driver or a rookie. I guess Gio can be considered experienced by then?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Sounds like the season has pretty well been summed up the ferrari forum of expert guesses including my self have spoken. It will be a year of hit and miss and with it will come all of whinging whinning and remarks and comments both positive and negative that we have all become accustomed to, so get ready for another year of blood sweat and tears.

We fans have to follow Binottos daily quotes! Only then will we have a clearer picture of what may be for 2021! I hope Sainz and Charles run for cover when they see him coming ! Meanwhile @ Williams Russell explained how " The wind direction" will determine how the car will do each race.
    Last edited by Brembo; 17th March 2021 at 06:43.

We will have 5th best car (maybe even 6th) but we will be closer to midfield then last year so Leclerc might finish 3rd.

Max will be champion.

I hadn't followed pre-season testing this year, but I now see that Red Bull are fast.
    Well a car that is fast in testing doesn't always guarantee many race wins.
    Do you guys think Max can actually beat Lewis this time?

WCC:

1 - Red Bull Racing
    2 - Mercedes
    3 - McLaren
    4 - AlphaTauri
    5 - Ferrari
    6 - Alpine
    7 - Aston Martin
    8 - Alfa Romeo
    9 - Haas
    10 - Williams

WDC:
    1 - Verstappen
    2 - Hamilton
    3 - Perez
    4 - Ricciardo
    5 - Bottas
    6 - Leclerc
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

WCC:
    1. Mercedes
    2. RBR
    3. Ferrari/McLaren
    4. McLaren/Ferrari
    5. Alpine
    6. AM
    7. AT
    8. AR
    9. Haas
    10. Williams

WDC:
    1. Hamilton
    2. Verstappen
    3. Bottas
    4. Leclerc
    5. Perez
    6. Ricciardo
    7. Norris
    8. Sainz
    9. Alonso
    10. Vettel

I think our car is way better than most like to give it credit but judging by the onboards, it is definitely not an easy car to drive and Sainz is not great in adapting as seen in his time at Renault so I think he'll underperform in the first half while slowly regaining consistency in the second half but thanks to this disadvantage in first half, he'll come off worse in a fight between Norris, Ricciardo, Perez and Leclerc. Same with Perez.

I think our car will win at least 2-3 races this year.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

My prediction is ferrari will not finish last.

Love how so many experts in F1 think AT can go from 7th best to 4th but Ferrari cant improve from 6th.

Charles qualified fourth on nearly every track where horsepower mattered less last year. With more HP in the car, how the hell would that translate to him missing Q3 on the regular? Idiots in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Charles qualified fourth on nearly every track where horsepower mattered less last year. With more HP in the car, how the hell would that translate to him missing Q3 on the regular? Idiots in the media.
    Charles quialified 4th 4x in 2020.....hardly in every track. Check out the results of Charles qualifying for 2020 in every track.

https://www.racefans.net/2020-f1-sea...alifying-data/
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Charles quialified 4th 4x in 2020.....hardly in every track. Check out the results of Charles qualifying for 2020 in every track.

https://www.racefans.net/2020-f1-sea...alifying-data/
    I said where horsepower mattered less.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    I said where horsepower mattered less.
    Silverstone is a track where "horsepower mattered less"?????......he placed 4th in qualifying. Silverstone is a power track. Eifel and Portimao are In the middle of the horsepower curve. Sakhir is a track where horsepower did mattered less.

HP has a lot to do with quali. up front. Pole, 2nd. @ start is a big deal at any track. Also fast pit stops help big time at every track. I can tell you with 100% accuracy right after the flag comes down at the finish of every race who won and who's on the podium!
    Last edited by Brembo; 20th March 2021 at 22:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    HP has a lot to do with quali. up front. Pole, 2nd. @ start is a big deal at any track. Also fast pit stops help big time at every track.
    Not really. Monaco is a track that does'nt require alot of horsepower as well as Singapore. Setup and heavy downforce are required at those tracks.

HP has a lot to do with quali. up front. Pole, 2nd. @ start is a big deal at any track. Also fast pit stops help big time at every track. I can tell you with 100% accuracy right after the flag comes down at the finish of every race who won and who's on the podium!

That's a very special gift you have there Brembo. We'll look forward to your guidance and prognostications throughout the season. I hope you're right every time.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Not really. Monaco is a track that does'nt require alot of horsepower as well as Singapore. Setup and heavy downforce are required at those tracks.
    I will stay with the idea starting on pole or 2nd with heavy HP and fast pits will help to make a winner at any track big time. I remember how heavy down force caused Ferrari nothing but grief . Every car goes out with the best set up the team can give at the time before every race. Enzo always said HP makes the car a winner. I have to believe Merc engine HP more than down force got them on pole @2nd place at the start and we all know the results .

I will stay with the idea starting on pole or 2nd with heavy HP and fast pits will help to make a winner at any track big time. I remember how heavy down force caused Ferrari nothing but grief . Every car goes out with the best set up the team can give at the time before every race. Enzo always said HP makes the car a winner. I have to believe Merc engine HP more than down force got them on pole @2nd place at the start and we all know the results .
    Somewhat true but NOT every track requires the most horsepower. In todays F1, horsepower, aero, pit stops and tire preservaton wins the race given the track. Enzo did say HP makes the car a winner BUUUUT that was a time or era when horsepower mattered. In the 90's and in the 2000's till current, aero was and stil is essential along with HP.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 21st March 2021 at 08:47.

HP hides a multitude of signs and better to have too much than not enough. Even at Mknaco power helps especially in qualy. Can load on as much down force as you can and more and still have enough engine to power out of the turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Love how so many experts in F1 think AT can go from 7th best to 4th but Ferrari cant improve from 6th.
    Great point!
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post

That's a very special gift you have there Brembo. We'll look forward to your guidance and prognostications throughout the season. I hope you're right every time.

Brembo surely you made a mistake somewhere.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post

Brembo surely you made a mistake somewhere.
    Hey! I even called that 3 tire finish win right after the flag !!

These are my thoughts regarding the 2021 Formula One Season :-

I think Lewis Hamilton will win the Drivers Championship again. Bottas will win some races to contribute to Mercedes winning the Constructors Title.
    Red Bull could run Mercedes close with Max. The 2nd Red Bull seat seems to be the revolving seat.
    McLaren could be the dark horses, could do well in the Constructors. Lando and Daniel look a strong driver pair. Couldn't say who will come out on top.
    Ferrari could go toe to toe with McLaren during the season in the Constructors Standings.
    Seb Vettel now at Aston Martin, a last big move? Not the driver that he was, compared to when he was at Red Bull. In recent seasons has made some errors on the track. Not too sure if Aston Martin will make a Podium finish. Seb and Lance sure to have the car to score points throughout the season.
    Williams could be in for another long season. Last two seasons have been terrible, getting no points last season. If we score any points this season, it will be like winning a race. Now under New Owners, the focus is on the 2022 car.
    Will be interesting following Mick Schumacher's progress at HAAS this season. Hope he is just allowed to progress in F1 without too much pressure at this stage. Let him learn the ropes of F1, get the experience, and learn from any mistakes.
    Promising young drivers on the scene, Charles, George Russell, Lando Norris, Max, Mick Schumacher.

GO, GO, GO!!!
    The good times WILL return, and FERever.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    My prediction is ferrari will not finish last.
    You're Prediction looks pretty safe. We could be vying for that position again.
    The good times WILL return, and FERever.

I believe this is the year Lewis will have his humble pie and as this is one year contract for him, we'll see another 2006 replay (retirement) as Mercedes will leave F1 as well , remain as engine manufacturer and the team will be taken over as INEOS.

I don't particularly like the idea of Max Verstappen being WDC (even for one year) but if he does get it on merit, I don't mind.
    Ferrari, if they work as hard as I believe they will and given the potential the car shows so far, might actually finish between 3 and 4th (ie. fight with McLaren).

We do have two very fast and capable drivers, key is their relationship. We need to keep the harmony between tham, it's paramount.
    Last edited by aroutis; 17th April 2021 at 07:54.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Both Ferrari drivers want to retire @ Ferrari, they will do their best to for the team and themselves points wise. Meanwhile Mick may well be Merc's future driver . If Merc let's Bottas stay 2 more years. Russell's great 9th place finish doesn't look like enough to be the driver to move up. He still is zero points; team and driver.

My predictons-
    1. Merc/Redbull
    2.Redbull/Merc
    3.Mclaren
    4.Ferrari

I know its just two races so a lot will change. Also need to factor the time when teams stop development for '21 and shift to '22. Also it will be fun to watch Lando, Charles battle it out with each other in the upcoming races.

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    My predictons-
    1. Merc/Redbull
    2.Redbull/Merc
    3.Mclaren
    4.Ferrari

I know its just two races so a lot will change. Also need to factor the time when teams stop development for '21 and shift to '22. Also it will be fun to watch Lando, Charles battle it out with each other in the upcoming races.
    Not sure why you've put McLaren over Ferrari. In clean air, Leclerc and Sainz were faster than Norris. If it wasn't for Leclerc's radio failure, he would've pulled away into the distance up until Verstappen (after his spin)/ Hamilton (on a charge) would catch him. The high DF setup which was factored in for the rain backfired after the red flag and even then, Leclerc and Sainz were catching up to Norris who was in clean air. If the track was a bit wider, Norris' tyre wear would've sent him down the order too.

Not sure why you've put McLaren over Ferrari. In clean air, Leclerc and Sainz were faster than Norris. If it wasn't for Leclerc's radio failure, he would've pulled away into the distance up until Verstappen (after his spin)/ Hamilton (on a charge) would catch him. The high DF setup which was factored in for the rain backfired after the red flag and even then, Leclerc and Sainz were catching up to Norris who was in clean air. If the track was a bit wider, Norris' tyre wear would've sent him down the order too.
    I don't disagree with you.

As I have said, it's based on two races. I felt from the last two races that MC are genuinely faster than us when it comes to straight line. In Bahrain, Lando overtook us with ease and lap after lap Charles went behind. Since it was a power based circuit so it was not worth complaining. In Imola it was a relatively better as Charles was not left in the dust after Ham overtook Lando. If we had another 7-8 laps after Ham's overtake, it could have been very close between the two.
    In circuits which are power based MC willl be ahead of us mostly due to that Merc engine.
    As much as I hate putting Ferrari at #4, I hope they prove me wrong and take than #3 spot. I have immense faith in Charles. I genuinely hope both our lads finish in a close order.

While we cannot work on our engine in the current season, I hope atleast our aero dept brings out quality updates to bridge the gap.
    Last edited by 20000rpm; 19th April 2021 at 12:30.

Not sure why you've put McLaren over Ferrari.
    Why not???? Mclaren is faster than Ferrari given in the hands of the right driver. I consider Leclerc to be a better driver than Norris.....but not by much...but Norris is in a faster car.

We are currently seeing drivers having trouble in their cars since they transitioned onto them in 2021 copmpared to their team-mates-->Perez, Alonso, Ricciardo, Vettel.
    I never considered Bottas an excellent driver but he has been driving a dominant car playing second fiddle to Lewis.

Rookies--> Yuki, Mazepin and Mick are also having issues acclomating to their cars and were just 2 races into the season.

I expect all of the above to get better as the races accrue....withn 3 to 4 races into the season.