Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 26 - 28

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Talking about after the race: Binoto: “I’m really happy with the drivers, I’m happy to be able to count on both of them finally."

Serious kick to Vettel .
    Yeah. Am no vettel fan and was glad to see him go away, but this was not necessary by Binotto. Under the belt and rather a cheap shot.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Yeah. Am no vettel fan and was glad to see him go away, but this was not necessary by Binotto. Under the belt and rather a cheap shot.
    Nothing wrong with speaking the truth. Vettel was a liability in his final years with Ferrari and could not be relied on to bring the car home or even get points. I liked Vettel, but I can admit that it was time to move on from him. Too many excuses; look when he hit Ocon and blamed him instantly when it was his fault. This sort of stuff will continue to happen with him in my opinion. But thats Aston Martins problem, not ours.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Nothing wrong with speaking the truth. Vettel was a liability in his final years with Ferrari and could not be relied on to bring the car home or even get points. I liked Vettel, but I can admit that it was time to move on from him. Too many excuses; look when he hit Ocon and blamed him instantly when it was his fault. This sort of stuff will continue to happen with him in my opinion. But thats Aston Martins problem, not ours.
    Agreed. Seb later apologized for the incident and took blame for it.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

When someone performs as hard as Vettel did in 2020, I think it's not wrong to expect some harsh criticism. Only Albon underperformed even harder with respect to Verstappen when we compare teammates. Vettel too called out on Ferrari's incompetence (quite rightfully so) in Silverstone and Barcelona.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Typical of him. It's this kind of behaviour that makes me question his leadership. Good leaders don't do this.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

After crashtappen.net now

http://mazesp.in/

Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Typical of him. It's this kind of behaviour that makes me question his leadership. Good leaders don't do this.
    Dont think its typical of Binotto at all. Hes rarely ever said anything negative concerning his drivers. More than likely he was praising his current drivers and translation was taken out of context.

Binotto should not have used the word " Finally" . I do agree he was more than likely just praising Charles and Carlos.

Vettel has also had a few swipes at ferrari its only friendly banter and there is no malice intended its part of the f1 circus and that is just one act under the big top.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Dont think its typical of Binotto at all. Hes rarely ever said anything negative concerning his drivers. More than likely he was praising his current drivers and translation was taken out of context.
    I say typical based on how clumsily he's handled driver calls in the past, not so much because of what he has said.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

So Vettel can insinuate that he was being sabotaged by Ferrari and play silly games like announcing his Aston Martin deal at Ferrari's 1000th GP, but Binotto can't convey factual statement of having been able to count on both drivers and somehow it makes him lesser leader?

Vettel diehards and bleeding hearts can leave this forum and go to Aston Martin forum, if there's any, and pour their tears there. You're no longer needed here, so follow your Idol spinnerela's footstep and get bugger off.

My opinion in Binotto's statement is that it didnt refer to Vet specifacally ,but to that in the last almost 10 years, we only had 1 driver to deliver.The other use to underperform. We saw it on Alo -Mas.Alo-Kimi,Vet -Kimi and latter Lec-Vet !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I say typical based on how clumsily he's handled driver calls in the past, not so much because of what he has said.
    which calls?

Drivers should not be allowed to use their cell phones while racing. Those are the calls that are clumsily handled. There's plenty of time after the race for socializing.

Did Binotto lie? No.
    Was Seb reliable? No.

And that settles it.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    which calls?
    Driver decisions on track aka team orders; not managing the drivers properly; not bringing the driver in on safety grounds while bits are flying off the car and hitting other drivers, then giving poor explanations after the race.... etc. Signs of bad leadership.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Did Binotto lie? No.
    Was Seb reliable? No.

And that settles it.
    That's one way of putting it!
    Forza Ferrari

I dont understand why Binotto is not allowed to talk about performance. Yes, Ferrari was all over the place last year but Vettel was nowhere compared to Leclerc. Also Seb criticized Ferrari alot throughout 2020 season.

As for Seb, to make an example just because a cheese was of great quality in 2015 doesn't mean it is in 2021...

I maintain that he was world class for us in 2015 and 2017 (although Alonso would've done slightly better), okay in 2018 and underwhelming the other seasons. You don't turn Räikkönen into looking like bottom feeder driver unless you do something right. The problem is, the 2018 title loss and Leclerc's speed really crushed his spirit.

In hindsight, we should've moved heaven and earth to convince Alonso to sign a new deal to end his career with Ferrari as a long-term project, but it's also fair to see why Vettel's stock was sky high at the time. I'll still give him 7/10 as a Ferrari driver, although merely a four when it comes to the expectations of a four-time WDC.

WDC win was very close with Seb, few mistakes from driver and few mistakes from team, without those mistakes, who knows, and that was before Binotto era.
    Binotto era..., does it really matter what Seb did, car has been slow all the time, not a chance to win anything. Binotto era has been pain and misery so far, and looks like this can continue many years.
    If you want to blame someone for doing bad work, and your own work is like worst ever, that does not sound so good to me, it is like he is blaming Seb, that we have not won anything in his era. He is a clever guy, master manipulator, I hope they kick him out asap.

Car was slow all the time? yeah apart from the 2 seasons it was enough to beat Merc but Seb threw it away I suppose....look we get it your still bitter, Kimi is gone let it go.

Not a chance to win anything? LOL
    Forza Ferrari

He did blame Arrivabene for 2019, and 2020 would be that real Binotto F1 car.
    I did believe him 2019, but when 2020 came, and car was what it was, then I did change my mind.
    You will see Greig, Ferrari is not going to win anything as long as Binotto is boss there.
    Just remember that.

Kimi is gone, it's over.....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    He did blame Arrivabene for 2019, and 2020 would be that real Binotto F1 car.
    I did believe him 2019, but when 2020 came, and car was what it was, then I did change my mind.
    You will see Greig, Ferrari is not going to win anything as long as Binotto is boss there.
    Just remember that.
    You realize 2020 Ferrari was penalized and had a sub.par engine. Name one TP that would have done better using g same equipment and drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Vettel has also had a few swipes at ferrari its only friendly banter and there is no malice intended its part of the f1 circus and that is just one act under the big top.
    lol. hardly friendly banter. Imagine your boss tells everyone how much you sucked, but the everyone is the world. This is not a circus act under one big top, its news for the world. Hence its harsh.
    But why the hell am i supporting Seb he almost made me stop supporting Ferrari.
    Go Mattia!!!!
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    My opinion in Binotto's statement is that it didnt refer to Vet specifacally ,but to that in the last almost 10 years, we only had 1 driver to deliver.The other use to underperform. We saw it on Alo -Mas.Alo-Kimi,Vet -Kimi and latter Lec-Vet !!!!
    This sounds fair.
    Silently, like a shadow

He makes lots of promises, he talks a lot. Results still same, because Aston Martin and Renault failure, we do look a little bit better. not P10 and P12, it was P6 and P8.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...yh27BTY73.html

I am happy that we have a fast car now.

One Red Bull started from pit lane, and ended ahead both Ferraris, that is how fast car we have. Yeah, podiums for Ferrari, does not look like that is going to happen.

SmartSelect_20210403-075234_Chrome.jpg
    If we refer to datas we have made progress
    Stay positive

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    He makes lots of promises, he talks a lot. Results still same, because Aston Martin and Renault failure, we do look a little bit better. not P10 and P12, it was P6 and P8.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...yh27BTY73.html

I am happy that we have a fast car now.
    In fact he has never promised anything and talks only when is requested. Aston Martin and Renault have no reason to be called failure. The most important is to understand that this is not a one man show...and had never been. Actually we are here because of the bad pressure and development directives and choices (engine) of the former directors