Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 26 - 28

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I mean...who cares about Vettel. He's no longer wasting Ferrari's money and carbon fibers. He can waste as many FW's as he likes at the AM.
    Well, he still is on the grid and it feels not too long ago when he lead the charge against Mercedes while driving for us. I still kinda root for him just like I root for all of our ex drivers.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    They have no sympathies from me. Fans and fools laughed all alike when Ferrari made such mistakes under pressure but when FINALLY they're under pressure themselves, they do the same thing.
    Agreed. These last couple years, Red Bull has really gotten under my skin, more than before.

Leclerc was consistently quicker or matching Norris in S1, was close in S3, but was losing 2 tenths in S2, and that was increasing to 5 tents at the end of a stint. The issue is again tire wear, not engine power. Basically this is an SF90 with a "normal" PU.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Solid race from Charles and Carlos but the power deficit is too much to overlook on a power circuit, despite the big improvement on last season. Charles was going for it from the start but he must have known he would suffer on the straights, horribly like last year. No engine upgrades means we'll have to endure this all season, and as I predicted, Mclaren are our main competitors for P3 in the WCC, judging by their performance today. I've been through that scenario too often as a tifoso. The pit crew were pretty good today. But here we go again, the same 3 on the podium, enough already.
    Yep. They've made such a massive stepup over the winter. They were making Alpine, Aston Martin and McLaren look like a joke.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Leclerc was consistently quicker or matching Norris in S1, was close in S3, but was losing 2 tenths in S2, and that was increasing to 5 tents at the end of a stint. The issue is again tire wear, not engine power. Basically this is an SF90 with a "normal" PU.
    To me, it looked like the Merc even in the back of the McLaren overtook Leclerc like he was standing still.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    To me, it looked like the Merc even in the back of the McLaren overtook Leclerc like he was standing still.
    That's what I mean, our engine just isn't anywhere near a match for the Merc and Honda and we can't do anything about it, we all knew this was likely to be the case. It's closer but it means we're once again hobbled for the entire season, Binotto said as much. Frustrating doesn't cover it, and I feel for the two Charlies.

That's what I mean, our engine just isn't anywhere near a match for the Merc and Honda and we can't do anything about it, we all knew this was likely to be the case. It's closer but it means we're once again hobbled for the season.
    The real question here is will we be ever able to match Merc engine without 2019 trick

I'm looking forward to Monte Carlo, where they say engine power is less important. Would love to see Charles win his home race.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Well, he still is on the grid and it feels not too long ago when he lead the charge against Mercedes while driving for us. I still kinda root for him just like I root for all of our ex drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I'm looking forward to Monte Carlo, where they say engine power is less important. Would love to see Charles win his home race.
    He’s having bad luck everytime at his home race.

That's what I mean, our engine just isn't anywhere near a match for the Merc and Honda and we can't do anything about it, we all knew this was likely to be the case. It's closer but it means we're once again hobbled for the entire season, Binotto said as much. Frustrating doesn't cover it, and I feel for the two Charlies.
    Granted, i think this would be one of our worser tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    The same mclaren in the hands of DR couldn’t pass Leclerc. Norris made the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    The same mclaren in the hands of DR couldn’t pass Leclerc. Norris made the difference.
    It was DR's first race... I wouldn't read too much into that. Look at Carlos, he'll close the gap some too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Red Bull handed him the win by poor strategy, then he just kept the car on track as the Red Bull could not even catch the Merc with DRS. Lewis made one mistake, but then Max missed that open goal.
    There was nothing wrong with their strategy. Max caught Lewis with 4 laps to spare and much fresher rubber. That's less of a gamble than dicing for position lap after lap all race in each other's DRS zones with similar rubber.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

RedBull should re-watch the race, count every time Hamilton evades the track limits. Then submit a formal protest to the FIA. Although it won’t do much because the FIA want Hamilton to win (be given) his 8th. It’s the principle. Joke.

Starting to think this engine freeze will screw Ferrari most of all. Merc and Honda(RB) are in the best position for the next 5 years .
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Once great sport has come to this!? Procession! What a shame! Remember the good old days, when if something is not working good, back to the drawing board, design, produce, test, upgrade! And now?! Whole season is gone! I am loosing interest in F1 every day more and more...

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    RedBull should re-watch the race, count every time Hamilton evades the track limits. Then submit a formal protest to the FIA. Although it won’t do much because the FIA want Hamilton to win (be given) his 8th. It’s the principle. Joke.

Starting to think this engine freeze will screw Ferrari most of all. Merc and Honda(RB) are in the best position for the next 5 years .
    Track limits were enforced during Qualifying. During the race, they were not.....and most drivers were exceeding track limits at T4.

The issue is Max gaining an advantage will passing Lewis by exceeding track limits at T4....which he did and gave the position back to Lewis.

It is what is is. I don't agree with it as track limits should always be enforced.....especially at T4. Why the FIA did'nt put sensors there is beyond me.

Still 22 races to go.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

Yeah that's my thought exactly, we have the worst engine and we will not have the best one next year for sure

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Track limits were enforced during Qualifying. During the race, they were not.....and most drivers were exceeding track limits at T4.

The issue is Max gaining an advantage will passing Lewis by exceeding track limits at T4....which he did and gave the position back to Lewis.

It is what is is. I don't agree with it as track limits should always be enforced.....especially at T4. Why the FIA did'nt put sensors there is beyond me.

Still 22 races to go.
    So why did Merc tell Lewis to stop doing it if they were not enforced?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So why did Merc tell Lewis to stop doing it if they were not enforced?
    The FIA did'nt tell Mercedes to stop doing it.....Mercedes told Lewis to stop doing it.

The FIA did'nt tell Mercedes to stop doing it.....Mercedes told Lewis to stop doing it.
    Ok then, wonder why they said they had been told he was going to get a black and white flag then.
    Forza Ferrari

Ok then, wonder why they said they had been told he was going to get a black and white flag then.
    I did'nt hear or see that during the race.

I did'nt hear or see that during the race.
    You must not have heard the radio to Lewis then.
    Forza Ferrari

Cause Red Bull put a complaint in

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Cause Red Bull put a complaint in
    Then told Max to do it
    Forza Ferrari

You must not have heard the radio to Lewis then.
    I just saw the play by play....you're correct.

Hamilton is told: We have received a warning about track limits
    Hamilton: There was no track limits.
    Bonno: Understood. We will get a black and white flag and then a 5 second penalty.
    Hamilton not happy

Then told Max to do it
    Yeah, they brought it to attention of the Stewards and basically told Max to do it until Lewis stop doing it.
    Typical f1 way of bringing something to attention.

I wonder if Mercedes just baited RedBull into this by telling Hamilton not to exceed track limits.

I just saw the play by play....you're correct.

Hamilton is told: We have received a warning about track limits
    Hamilton: There was no track limits.
    Bonno: Understood. We will get a black and white flag and then a 5 second penalty.
    Hamilton not happy
    Before that though there was redbull radio about it

Then a while later, the stewards contacted MERC about limits, so it is a sequence of events initiated by Redbull

But bit them in the **** later

Big number 4 in our backs. It's back to the drawing board for SF. Maybe it's time to let MB go and bring somebody with a more sophisticated approach in building a winner. Mattia's tenure at the helm has been subpar.