Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 26 - 28

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s not a surprise for me. Because he did the same in 2018 with Alfa R that what got him Ferrari seat in 2019.

In 2019 & 2020 he showed the same. But there’s a catch here, he generally tunes his car for quali rather than Race. It was a issue for him in his previous years. Now we need to wait & see how it turns out tomorrow.
    Is that really the case after last year? I heard he changed his approach after 2019 when he took pole after pole only to get his tyres eaten up in 5 laps and a more balanced setup.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Also big thumbs up to Ferrari's technical department. It's not easy to find such massive improvements with all the restrictions in place.

Now please deliver some solid updates and then focus fully on 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Is that really the case after last year? I heard he changed his approach after 2019 when he took pole after pole only to get his tyres eaten up in 5 laps and a more balanced setup.
    No it wasn't the case last year. Last year Leclerc was one of best at looking after his tyres. He delivered the maximum.

To be fair to Leclerc, he got robbed off Bahrain by the car, Austria by the stewards, Singapore by a crazy undercut, Russia by a SC and Mexico by a stupid pitwall. He easily could've won seven races that season and finished P2 in the standings, inconsistent as he was.

If that is the case, then we are behind Macca and Alpha Tauri,we will see that tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    No it wasn't the case last year. Last year Leclerc was one of best at looking after his tyres. He delivered the maximum.
    Very well, then. Sainz is a superbly consistent driver too. Can't wait to see what these 2 can achieve. Maybe we could harass Mercedes and RedBull a bit over the course of the season.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Last year too it was an issue looking after his tyres. But it was overshadowed by 2020 Engine.

Last year too it was an issue looking after his tyres. But it was overshadowed by 2020 Engine.
    Nah, mate. I definitely remember him being the class of the field in this regard for both Silverstone races, Portimao too. Do you remember any races where he screwed up in this regard? (genuinely asking).

Nah, mate. I definitely remember him being the class of the field in this regard for both Silverstone races, Portimao too. Do you remember any races where he screwed up in this regard? (genuinely asking).
    You are getting me wrong. The fault is in the Car (suspension/aero). If driver doesn’t feel confident with race set up, eventually dial in for quali to get a better position on the grid & see if they can play around with strategy. That’s what happened last year.
    To give you with actual proof, Ferrari were never comfortable on their tyres especially Hards. You can check the previous stats.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 27th March 2021 at 16:55.

You are getting me wrong. The fault is in the Car (suspension/aero). If driver doesn’t feel confident with race set up, eventually dial in for quali to get a better position on the grid & see if they can play around with strategy. That’s what happened last year.
    To give with you with actual proof, Ferrari were never comfortable on their tyres especially Hards. You can check the previous stats.
    Oh okay, fair enough.

At least it looks like we are not getting Lewis Hamilton Show this year. Something positive.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    At least it looks like we are not getting Lewis Hamilton Show this year. Something positive.
    Mercs will turn up their development speed & also if there’s any issue they are one’s who are pretty quick to resolving the issue.

1. Max Verstappen, Red Bull

2. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes +0,388

3. Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes +0,589

4. Charles Leclerc, Ferrari +0,681

5. Pierre Gasly, AlphaTauri +0,812

6. Daniel Ricciardo, McLaren +0,930

7. Lando Norris, McLaren +0,977

8. Carlos Sainz, Ferrari +1,218

9. Fernando Alonso, Alpine +1,252

10. Lance Stroll, Aston Martin +1,604

11. Sergio Perez, Red Bull

12. Antonio Giovinazzi, Alfa Romeo

13. Yuki Tsunoda, AlphaTauri

14. Kimi Räikkönen, Alfa Romeo

15. George Russell, Willia,s

16. Esteban Ocon, Alpine

17. Nicholas Latifi, Williams

18. Sebastian Vettel, Aston Martin

19. Mick Schumacher, Haas

20. Nikita Mazepin, Haas

Mercs will turn up their development speed & also if there’s any issue they are one’s who are pretty quick to resolving the issue.
    Yes, but 0.4 sec and Max had a floor damaged, I think. Difficult job for Mercs.

It's a shame Carlos could not recover to 6th or 5th. But still, I am very curious about Ferrari's racepace tomorrow, compared to RBR and MB. We have a different tyrestrategy, so I think that if on these reds Charles can get past Bottas quickly and then follow Max and Lewis for as long as he can, then yellows and maybe reds for the end..............possible podium??
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Seems like Williams improved too...!! They aren’t last. Haas team

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Less than 3 tenths behind the Merc in a power track. Leclerc delivered when it mattered. What a driver.
    dude, MERC is NOT the bench mark anymore.....red bull HONDA and MAX.....WOW, JUSTWOW......if we cannot win it this year.....as much as i hate/dislike Max....i hope he takes the WDC....and leave Luise sobbing his sorrows.....that'd be the cherry on the cake.....

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Yes, but 0.4 sec and Max had a floor damaged, I think. Difficult job for Mercs.
    Mercs have issues with the floor. I am not ruling out RB, as I said it’s Max title to loose.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    dude, MERC is NOT the bench mark anymore.....red bull HONDA and MAX.....WOW, JUSTWOW......if we cannot win it this year.....as much as i hate/dislike Max....i hope he takes the WDC....and leave Luise sobbing his sorrows.....that'd be the cherry on the cake.....
    I was hoping Leclerc would take title before max does. Seems like it’s tough . Max now has got the car to take the title.

Shame Sainz pop's the bed in q3 as would have been 5th. With Perez out the equation 4th and 5th was par for the course if Ferrari are to be 3rd team. On a power sensitive track they had 2 tenths on the lead AT and 3 tenths on the lead McLaren. Only 3 tenths off the lead Merc. After last year when they were around 1.2 seconds off the lead Merc that's a healthy 0.9 net gain. Kind of adds up with the engine, drag balance and wonky gearbox being fixed. Good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Honda's engine is the most powerful ... No contest!!
    mate it's ONLY a contest when Ferrari had the most powerful engine....i'd be surprised if Merc are NOT gonna chirp about it....im sure they sent their men across the track with their GPS tools to masure how fast honda engine gets up to speed.....

Let's still not underestimate Mercedes. This is not the first time they overcame a opponent who was faster at the beginning of the season. With that said, until they solve their problems, we must make the most of it and try to steal from them.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    mate it's ONLY a contest when Ferrari had the most powerful engine....i'd be surprised if Merc are NOT gonna chirp about it....im sure they sent their men across the track with their GPS tools to masure how fast honda engine gets up to speed.....
    That's sketchy isn't it? I wonder how long it will be before FIAMG throws Honda/RedBull engine into the bin and leave them helpless in the middle of an engine freeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    2021 car will be updated until Barcelona. Hopefully we will have enough points/performance by then.
    source.....and what can we update on it??? can't do anything MAJOR since we have NO more tokens to spend

Let's still not underestimate Mercedes. This is not the first time they overcame a opponent who was faster at the beginning of the season. With that said, until they solve their problems, we must make the most of it and try to steal from them.
    Yup... 2017/2018 they started slow & caught up the speed. If there’s one team who can bring up the performance that .2ths .3ths it’s Mercs in current era. They always have something up their sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Shame Sainz pop's the bed in q3 as would have been 5th. With Perez out the equation 4th and 5th was par for the course if Ferrari are to be 3rd team. On a power sensitive track they had 2 tenths on the lead AT and 3 tenths on the lead McLaren. Only 3 tenths off the lead Merc. After last year when they were around 1.2 seconds off the lead Merc that's a healthy 0.9 net gain. Kind of adds up with the engine, drag balance and wonky gearbox being fixed. Good start.
    The SF21 might actually be scary at Imola.

nifhm85omlp61.png

Ferrari and red bull teams the biggest improvements .

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Now a podium finish ferrari will be strong in race trim.We have a great tire selection for race.Apart from Max its going to be a real ding dong battle with mercs.Lecrec will take Bottas and possibly sir Lewis any thing can happen its tight.
    leclerc thinks that a podium is out of reach on sunday....

Tsunoda's pace in Q1 was highly suspicious for sure considering he's a rookie in the season with the least testing. Even Max and Charles took time to get up to speed with more testing. Do they alter his engine modes compared to what Gasly is getting? As in, let's take engine penalties later just to check what mode the engine is capable of? It's strange.

Yup counting on 2nd phase of developments. A little push on further developments would be enough for Leclerc.
    But they said their focus is on 2022.
    exaclty....ferrari should JUST focus on 2022 regs as well as a new and improved engine again as Binotto has said late last year.....when he said that thei'll make improvements on the 2021 engine but more to come on 2022 engine....so we'll see