Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 26 - 28

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    source.....and what can we update on it??? can't do anything MAJOR since we have NO more tokens to spend

Ferrari has decided: it will develop the SF21 up to Barcelona
    Or rather, the mini development programming that all teams have, starts from afar. When the cars are ready and unveiled, there are already a series of upgrades in the pipeline. Some deliberated others did not because they expect confirmation from real performances on the track.

On the SF1000 a good part of the first ones were interrupted and trashed simply because without power it would have aggravated the problems or at least would not have solved them, creating additional work and a useless waste of energy in the factory and in the field.

At this time, the package of data obtained from the three-day test, even if rather limited , in comparison with those after the simulations, guarantees that we can go ahead with the news and reap the hoped-for benefits.

This path will be short for everyone , perhaps a little less only for those who fight for the world championship. In Maranello the aim is to improve a lot but it is also unlikely that they will be part of the match.

2022 is the year on which Binotto plays his cards and even more than that. Project 674 has begun and the regulation that balances performance should not be overlooked, the discussed BoP ( for more information ), which will reduce the hours spent in the wind tunnel and CFD based on the manufacturers' ranking in the next survey which will be on 30 June .

So it will be important to concentrate development in one or two important steps instead of the usual four.

Team principal Mattia Binotto will be present during the race weekend and will continue to be so until the 2022 project enters a different phase and a greater presence in Maranello will be important.

Ferrari will end the campaign of developments already planned in Barcelona. Track that will provide important answers from a technical point of view on the general trend of everyone's performance.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Tsunoda's pace in Q1 was highly suspicious for sure considering he's a rookie in the season with the least testing. Even Max and Charles took time to get up to speed with more testing. Do they alter his engine modes compared to what Gasly is getting? As in, let's take engine penalties later just to check what mode the engine is capable of? It's strange.
    That was like a bomb, maybe he is extremely talented driver, I dont know anything about this Yuki.

So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Meanwhile Alonso never disappoints his fans... age is just a number.

based that on sector 1 we are just a tenth behind which is the power sector, it is safe to assume that just on brute force horsepower we are just 10-20 hp behind benchmark ?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    true, he is still fast, and looking pretty good for a guy in his 50's

Agree on that, been a huge Alonso fan myself!!!

Pleased to see Charles take P4 on the grid, I was getting worried as he left it late with just one run, Carlos was doing a great job but got pipped by the Mclarens. So happy to see we are up there at the sharp end although starting on the softs may be a mistake, we'll see tomorrow. Forza ragazzi!

I wonder what happened to Carlos lap.His time is definitely not representing. He did 1:30 flat on Q2 and 1 :30:5 on used softs on his 1st try. So on his 1:30:2 2nd attempt, something must have happened!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I wonder what happened to Carlos lap.His time is definitely not representing. He did 1:30 flat on Q2 and 1 :30:5 on used softs on his 1st try. So on his 1:30:2 2nd attempt, something must have happened!!!!!
    His outlap was compromised by Fast moving RB & Ham or bottas which Mercs car it was. His car was in front & they were really pushing from behind to get some track position.

Any news from these so called expert's who where credit us for 5th-6th best team ???!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

As for what happened to Vettel, you can see from the official mini sectors, that he got caught up in TWO double yellow flags in T1/2 for Mazepin and T8 for Sainz that stopped. Every other sector was purple/green.

https://twitter.com/tonisokolov1011/...517376519?s=21

Heavy winds have hit the track....

"The heavy wind is already here. Tomorrow's forecast: Windy with lots of sunshine. Areas of blowing dust. Max 24C. Winds NNW at 40 to 55 km/h"

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/st...79894861758467
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Any news from these so called expert's who where credit us for 5th-6th best team ???!!!!!!!
    It’s too early to judge the predictions of the standings. For now it looks like Mercs have their hands full against RB.
    Ferrari improved
    Mclaren Improved
    Alfa T improved
    Alfa R improved
    Williams Improved
    Alpine (not much improvement)
    AM (lost)
    Haas (lost)

Aston reckons the new aero rules are costing its car one second per lap. #F1

"When we last raced here we were heading for a podium. We won't be anywhere near that kind of performance now, and the direct cause of that drop-off is the aero regulations."

Motorsport

Hamilton is clear on why #F1 has introduced floor rule changes ahead of the #BahrainGP.

"It's no secret that what the changes [have done], of course they've been done to peg us back."

Ham

Charles: "I mean you can always fight for the podium. But in a normal race, race pace wise, we are not on the level of Mercedes and Red Bull, so I would be very satisfied with fourth place tomorrow. Knowing that we have a very competitive Alpha Tauri behind us."
    "Yeahh, I was surprised too tbh. Because I have been struggling massively all the weekend. FP2 and FP3 have been very difficult. I just couldn't find the feeling with the car. Overdrove. So I worked quite a lot on the driving."

Mercedes is losing time to Red Bull due to engine derating in Bahrain, reveals team boss Toto Wolff.

What kinda crap is that?
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Charles: "I mean you can always fight for the podium. But in a normal race, race pace wise, we are not on the level of Mercedes and Red Bull, so I would be very satisfied with fourth place tomorrow. Knowing that we have a very competitive Alpha Tauri behind us."
    "Yeahh, I was surprised too tbh. Because I have been struggling massively all the weekend. FP2 and FP3 have been very difficult. I just couldn't find the feeling with the car. Overdrove. So I worked quite a lot on the driving."
    It's a long shot, but: Charles starts on reds. He is a good starter, so he has a realistic chance to pass Bottas on the first lap. Then try to keep in touch with Max and Lewis as long as you can and let Gasly fight with Bottas. Try to get a gap to these two and hope the first pitstop does not get you in too much traffic. From that moment on everything depends on the pace the car can maintain. If that pace is good enough Charles will have a slight chance to bring it home on P3.
    If I can think of this scenario, I'm pretty sure Charles has done that too. But of course, he knows more than I do about the speed he can race with.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    It's a long shot, but: Charles starts on reds. He is a good starter, so he has a realistic chance to pass Bottas on the first lap. Then try to keep in touch with Max and Lewis as long as you can and let Gasly fight with Bottas. Try to get a gap to these two and hope the first pitstop does not get you in too much traffic. From that moment on everything depends on the pace the car can maintain. If that pace is good enough Charles will have a slight chance to bring it home on P3.
    If I can think of this scenario, I'm pretty sure Charles has done that too. But of course, he knows more than I do about the speed he can race with.
    That’s what he says doesn’t have pace to match up Mercs or RB on whatever rubber it is. Anyways let’s see, if he gets P3 that’s a good start for us.

Max and Ham crash, Bottas has a one of his scrappy races, Charles wins. Wishful thinking I know.

Agree about the possible 3rd.
    CL is good at starts. He fights well.
    I believe the red tyre is a good choice, but the question of course is how many laps they will last.
    If he manages to pass VB and keep himself close to the other 2, there3is a genuine possibility for the 3rd.

Some things never change whinging sir Lewis Hamilton complaining the rules to the car floor and aero were designed to slow mercedes down.Sounds familiar lewis when you whinged about ferrari 2019 power unit.Suck it up big guy.

Everything that could be done by the F-1 big shots as far as moving everything around ; teams ; rookie drivers ; tech. rules and so on has worked !! We fans can now watch the races starting with Bahrain with the hope of 3 maybe 4 different drivers each with a chance at the podium ; or even a win. I can only hope that here at our Ferrari Forum; the talk about 2022 will come to a screeching halt and 2021 will be filled with podium hope every race. I believe Charles and Carlos both are confident in being up there with the top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Heavy winds have hit the track....

"The heavy wind is already here. Tomorrow's forecast: Windy with lots of sunshine. Areas of blowing dust. Max 24C. Winds NNW at 40 to 55 km/h"

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/st...79894861758467

More of the windy storm

https://twitter.com/VIGNERONGAETAN/s...18239037984778
    It's not how start but how you finish.

What happend to Sir rapper that said that he wants competion with Max, now he's got it haha and after 5 sec already crying like a baby.

We all know it he just wants to cruise to another WDC...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    What happend to Sir rapper that said that he wants competion with Max, now he's got it haha and after 5 sec already crying like a baby.

We all know it he just wants to cruise to another WDC...
    that's cause he's such a sore loser mate....exaclty, he wants another easy WDC.....not this time 2 chains, Max has got you covered

Any speed traps. Are we down by much?