Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 26 - 28

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    i stii cannot understand why ferrari accepted this engine freeze.

and what we are gaining from this

it seems that anything red bull asks, it gets..
    But didn't we accept it with conditions of some kind of closing the gap if an engine was behind?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    F1 has become a joke. All of us who love the sport and all the time spent to follow it, my humble opinion is that it just not worth it anymore. from 2014 onwards they killed anything was exciting about it, they ve killed innovation.

im all in regarding emmision reduction, im all in being green, but let them race to build the most powerful engine or the best chassis or even suspension without implementing stupid budget restrictions or token systems. if a team is willing to spend half a billion and can sustain itself like financial fair play in football, let them do it. at the change of every era the one who gets on top will stay there because the rules forbid anyone to catch up. the teams are exploring illegal ways to get a fraction of performance increase because they are not allowed to do it legally. that will result in a boring decade until next engine era is introduced.

there are so many ways to do it right but i highly doubt that the people responsible for the well being of the sport actually want that.
    I think the worry is that if there aren't any restrictions F1 will end up being contested by only two or three teams. Oh wait. That's exactly what it is currently. Nevermind. Carry on.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

How many hp are we down. Can the engine or the hybrid system or software be updated during the season to achieve more power or any other way to make the sf21 faster?

Perez engine shut during formation lap; Ma ZPIN spinning out big time; Vettel crash debut ! Alonso DNF! Max couldn't win it starting from pole. Bottas 3rd even with horrific pit stop. 2021 will be great F-1 racing!! The next race can't come soon enough! Red on the podium !!!!

given the situation that now the data from the track and simulators are working properly at Ferrari we can expect an improvement in Italy… I hope to fight the podium.

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    given the situation that now the data from the track and simulators are working properly at Ferrari we can expect an improvement in Italy… I hope to fight the podium.
    I don't know if we are going to fight for the podium. But I do know Charles will be a beast around Imola.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Perez engine shut during formation lap; Ma ZPIN spinning out big time; Vettel crash debut ! Alonso DNF! Max couldn't win it starting from pole. Bottas 3rd even with horrific pit stop. 2021 will be great F-1 racing!! The next race can't come soon enough! Red on the podium !!!!
    It is wonderful world you are living in?
    Podium you are referring to is exactly far beyond Ferrari reach as it was last year. It can be possible only if both Mercedes, both Red Bull, both McLaren cars DNF and we don't mess it up, than yes!

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Podium you are referring to is exactly far beyond Ferrari reach as it was last year. It can be possible only if both Mercedes, both Red Bull, both McLaren cars DNF and we don't mess it up, than yes!
    That's such a negative point of view, just four of those six cars have to DNF for Ferrari to get a podium!
    Last edited by gvera; 29th March 2021 at 12:51.

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    That's such a negative point of view, just four of those six cars have to DNF for Ferrari to get a podium!
    Thank you for mathematical correction

This forum is unnecessarily pessimistic, isn't it? We're way more competitive than you seem to give credit, mate. I'm going to bet that Ferrari will have multiple podiums ON MERIT this year.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

For RedBulls and Mercs DEFINETLY. Not sure about McLs. Yes Norris had better pace but all the time and only in the 3d stint on hards he pulled away. So its a difference that it might depend on the track /conditions who will be 3d fastest between us McLs and Alpha Tauri. Aston and Alpine looks to me they are half step behind
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

agreed
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    This forum is unnecessarily pessimistic, isn't it? We're way more competitive than you seem to give credit, mate. I'm going to bet that Ferrari will have multiple podiums ON MERIT this year.
    I am not pessimistic. I am being realistic. Any way I would like to be proven wrong, but I doubt...

I think any podium finish this season will be just a bonus.

Consistent points finishes, sound strategies, good pitstops, and updates (till Barca) that work will mean that whatever system Ferrari has in place works and will be a good platform for the 2022 reset. This is good enough for me in 2021. It’s not like this year will be Ferrari’s last in Formula 1. They invested in 2 young drivers and I see everything now as an investment for the long game and eventual success.

Though I was rooting for Max to win, this was one of the most satisfying race i've watched in awhile.
    This is the kind of competition we have been missing for so long. It was really fun watching Max and Lewis going head to head.

As for Ferrari, I hoping the team is focusing majority of its effort on next year.
    While it's less encouraging if we don't improve our engine as that gets carried over and eventually frozen, the effect of the new aero design next year may very well be an even bigger factor.

Until then, we should enjoy the races for what it is. Otherwise we are only proving Ted Kravitz right with his nonsense about Ferrari fan.

Talking about after the race: Binoto: “I’m really happy with the drivers, I’m happy to be able to count on both of them finally."

Serious kick to Vettel .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

And he is correct
    Vettel a good man but is busy losing his way.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Talking about after the race: Binoto: “I’m really happy with the drivers, I’m happy to be able to count on both of them finally."

Serious kick to Vettel .

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    And he is correct
    Vettel a good man but is busy losing his way.
    Another guy mentioned that the translation is not quite right. What he said was "It is nice that we can count on both of them".

I still like Vettel even if he criticized Ferrari alot throughout last year. I hope he does well (as long as he's behind us) and overcome his difficulties.
    Last edited by Warp; 29th March 2021 at 16:31.

Serious kick to Vettel .
    It is true that we have best driver lineup , maybe RBR is our level, but what does that help, when we are fighting positions 6-8.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    It is true that we have best driver lineup , maybe RBR is our level, but what does that help, when we are fighting positions 6-8.
    Yeah we should get Seb and Kimi back.....

It will help if we are capable of fighting for wins in 2022 and also help this year that we can take advantage of any chances we get....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah we should get Seb and Kimi back.....

It will help if we are capable of fighting for wins in 2022 and also help this year that we can take advantage of any chances we get....
    I think you misunderstood me. I said that we have the 2 best drivers in our team, but what does that help, when car is same than last year, car is still slow.
    And I dont mean that as a serious kick to Binotto, it is just sad.
    Yes, hopefully we win something 2022, we wait.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I think you misunderstood me. I said that we have the 2 best drivers in our team, but what does that help, when car is same than last year, car is still slow.
    And I dont mean that as a serious kick to Binotto, it is just sad.
    Yes, hopefully we win something 2022, we wait.
    Car is not just the same, and having 2 good drivers will help us score points..
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Car is not just the same, and having 2 good drivers will help us score points..
    Sadly points is just not good enough for a team like Ferrari...
    Maybe we’ll get back to the top in 2022....

This was nice, for a moment.

Funny how everyone in this Forum can see after one single race that our car is the worst, that we haven't had enough gains in every aspect, and all the doom and gloom... And you call yourselves "Tiffosi"? Even if all that was true (which I don't buy it, with only one race as a reference), I will still support my favourite team... Like I posted before, too early, too little data to make a proper assessment on each team ratings...

Leclerc was 59 sec. behind the top 2 cars.

Sainz was 67 sec. behind the top 2 cars.

Nonetheless great drive by both Leclerc and Sainz. It's early but hopefully these 2 will bring in more points than last year.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

So, average, we are 1sec/lap slower...

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    So, average, we are 1sec/lap slower...
    yup, give or take.....we're only looking somewhat better than last year because AMR and renault *****''* up....otherwise we'd still be the 6th best team on the grid....shame FERRARI, SHAME.....
    Last edited by Rob; 29th March 2021 at 19:58.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Both Ferrari's pretty much avoided curbs at turn 4 and stayed inside the track, while everyone pretty much abused the track limit at turn 4. They also avoided the curb at the last corner (turn 15) while everyone maximized their exit by going over that curb. That's pretty much giving away 0.2-0.3 seconds per lap.

I think after Sainz's engine cut off issue in qualifying, Ferrari instructed both drivers to not use the curbs aggressively. They were extra cautious and wanted to avoid any potential DNF.

Serious kick to Vettel .
    I still support him a bit because he was our driver but he had it coming.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher