Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 26 - 28

Through testing they thought they would of been 8 tenths behind hahahaha

Quit the mind games. Gang of horrible weird people

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If you see clearly I think it’s 3rd DRS Honda engine was more powerful than Mercs taking away .3-4ths away from
    Mercs.
    Yeah, Merc used more battery up in 1st 2 DRS zones but that easier to pass, very hard to overtake after 3rd DRS zone.

Merc did this with their undercut strategy.

Shouldn't have let him past and try to build 5 second gap. Looks interesting for the season. Ferrari look like they are in a battle with McLaren then gap to the rest of the midfield. Without issues RedBull and Merc are clear. Nice to see Alfa Romeo looking better than Aston Martin. I maintain Aston could well finish 7th this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Oh and Vettel trying to blame Ocon for changing his line...
    I feel bad for him at this point.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Redbull lost it with their poor strategy. They should have piited max the very next lap after Hamilton's pit stop.
    Red is the only color!!!

We still have the worst engine on the grid, not as bad as last year but still the worst

Great effort from Leclerc. No doubt he got everything and a bit more out of the car. Hopefully our upcoming update (probably including a McLaren-esque diffuser among other copies) will move us ahead of McLaren, after which we should fully focus on 2022 no matter what.

Very well done to Carlos Sainz as well. This is clearly a much better lineup.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    yes, that is it
    Yep. We're practically up against Honda's 2022 engine (they won't improve the engine next year either, so it'll be frozen for 4 years straight till 2026) and Mercedes who have 20-30hp advantage.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

6th & 8th the best our drivers did given the car is not at the pace. Both are in points.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Not a beast. Has plenty in the car. Max couldn’t catch him with DRS.
    As I said, hate him all you want.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    We still have the worst engine on the grid, not as bad as last year but still the worst
    We're definitely better than Renault/Alpine. It's just we've got a chassis suiting tracks with more downforce.

A few more laps and CS could get DR. I think we will be better at the next races. Sadly the power deficit is still there. Mercedes & Honda did a great job with their PUs.

Satisfied with Ferrari's performance given what we were last year. I didn't have much expectation from our engine so it was a fair result. Binotto already mentioned that we are down to Merc engine.
    Good work by Charles and Carlos, got the max from their car.
    Feel sorry for Max, he had him. But somewhere the pressure took the toll along with the tires. An easy victory gifted by Max to Lewis.
    Merc and Honda engines are at another level.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    We're definitely better than Renault/Alpine. It's just we've got a chassis suiting tracks with more downforce.
    1. Honda
    2. Mercs
    3. Ferrari
    4. Renault

This is the engine performance order after 1st race.

Seems like renault lost its performance.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    1. Honda
    2. Mercs
    3. Ferrari
    4. Renault

This is the engine performance order after 1st race.

Seems like renault lost its performance.
    Renault chose not to upgrade the PU this year and will update once and for all for 2022, the reverse Honda approach.

Vettel has been given 2 penalty points on his SL for crashing into Ocon. So, in total, he has 5 penalty points, 7 short of getting a race ban and all of that in 1 race week. It is starting to look grim for him.

What did I tell you guys? Lewis won even though he missed turn 4 lap after lap, but when Max did it they immediately asked to let Ham go. Lewis will win the 8th title easily, unless Sergio Perez can be right up there.
    Anyways we are nowhere near the top, this year is a write-off as usual and hope for the best in 2022.

Renault chose not to upgrade the PU this year and will update once and for all for 2022, the reverse Honda approach.
    So everyone is planning for 2022 . Except Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    So still one of the worst engines then?
    Not really. I mean sector 1 speed trap was good. But the straight after turn 10, Ferrari lost times. Same thing on the straight after turn 13. These two straights are where Ferrari lost most of the times.

It's more to do with the high DF RW.

I seem to remember Cyril Abiteboul saying renault would win races in 2021.

Vettel has been given 2 penalty points on his SL for crashing into Ocon. So, in total, he has 5 penalty points, 7 short of getting a race ban and all of that in 1 race week. It is starting to look grim for him.
    I mean...who cares about Vettel. He's no longer wasting Ferrari's money and carbon fibers. He can waste as many FW's as he likes at the AM.

Is anyone else as upset as I am about this new engine deal because of Honda.

I could easily see Merc passing Honda in 2022, and then Ferrari Honda, and Renault being neck and neck. All because we moved this forward because Red Bull cried, it would give Merc the engine advantage for another 3 seasons! Probably forever!

Don't forget, it is because of Red Bull crying that Ferrari have to endure these 2 seasons of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax84 View Post
    What did I tell you guys? Lewis won even though he missed turn 4 lap after lap, but when Max did it they immediately asked to let Ham go. Lewis will win the 8th title easily, unless Sergio Perez can be right up there.
    Anyways we are nowhere near the top, this year is a write-off as usual and hope for the best in 2022.
    Hamilton deliberately screwing around track limits is just him exploiting a loophole (they won't delete laptimes as long as drivers don't get an advantage exactly at that corner but it doesn't take into account that you can have better traction). Both Bottas and Verstappen did it too (perhaps you can recall Verstappen's engineer asking him to screw track limits for as long as until the blokes at the FIA ask them not to). Verstappen on lap 54 (55?) actually kept his position from Hamilton by having to go off track AND gained an advantage at the same time as evident in his timing sheet.

Hamilton deliberately screwing around track limits is just him exploiting a loophole (they won't delete laptimes as long as drivers don't get an advantage exactly at that corner but it doesn't take into account that you can have better traction). Both Bottas and Verstappen did it too (perhaps you can recall Verstappen's engineer asking him to screw track limits for as long as until the blokes at the FIA ask them not to). Verstappen on lap 54 (55?) actually kept his position from Hamilton by having to go off track AND gained an advantage at the same time as evident in his timing sheet.
    I kinda think Red Bull made their own bed on this one. If Red Bull didn't cry about Merc abusing turn limits earlier in the race (typical Red Bull they cried about our engine in 2019), and then when Max happened to have his pass slightly over track limits, they gave it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Is anyone else as upset as I am about this new engine deal because of Honda.

I could easily see Merc passing Honda in 2022, and then Ferrari Honda, and Renault being neck and neck. All because we moved this forward because Red Bull cried, it would give Merc the engine advantage for another 3 seasons! Probably forever!

Don't forget, it is because of Red Bull crying that Ferrari have to endure these 2 seasons of mediocrity.
    This is literally the best Honda can be. They won't improve further for 4 years straight. They didn't even actually complete all the stuff they had planned and just rushed the engine so they could say sayonara ASAP. It did get them a couple of HP more than Mercedes and Ferrari but I'm going to bet my money that they'll be the worst engine next year.

Red Bull are normally pretty good with their strategy, just not their day I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Great effort from Leclerc. No doubt he got everything and a bit more out of the car. Hopefully our upcoming update (probably including a McLaren-esque diffuser among other copies) will move us ahead of McLaren, after which we should fully focus on 2022 no matter what.

Very well done to Carlos Sainz as well. This is clearly a much better lineup.
    Can you post a link about this new update. I 100% agree we should focus 100% on 2022, but we must have enough bandwidth to handle a couple easy updates, for example copying a McLaren style diffuser, which like you say, should get us closer or in front of them.

I hope, because I think we need a small update in order to win third in the constructors.

Thanks to Binotto
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax84 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    I kinda think Red Bull made their own bed on this one. If Red Bull didn't cry about Merc abusing turn limits earlier in the race (typical Red Bull they cried about our engine in 2019), and then when Max happened to have his pass slightly over track limits, they gave it back.
    They have no sympathies from me. Fans and fools laughed all alike when Ferrari made such mistakes under pressure but when FINALLY they're under pressure themselves, they do the same thing.

This is literally the best Honda can be. They won't improve further for 4 years straight. They didn't even actually complete all the stuff they had planned and just rushed the engine so they could say sayonara ASAP. It did get them a couple of HP more than Mercedes and Ferrari but I'm going to bet my money that they'll be the worst engine next year.
    I really hope. But my worry isn't that Honda will be the best engine during the freeze, it's that it will be Mercedes again. Because if Merc stood still this year, i think we could catch them with the 2022 engine, but they won't, i'm confident they will make another step in 2022, and have the best engine by 20-30 bhp for the duration of the next freeze.

All because we let Red Bull cry.

Solid race from Charles and Carlos but the power deficit is too much to overlook on a power circuit, despite the big improvement on last season. Charles was going for it from the start but he must have known he would suffer on the straights, horribly like last year. No engine upgrades means we'll have to endure this all season, and as I predicted, Mclaren are our main competitors for P3 in the WCC, judging by their performance today. I've been through that scenario too often as a tifoso. The pit crew were pretty good today. But here we go again, the same 3 on the podium, enough already.