Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Portuguese Grand Prix - Portimão, Apr 30 - May 02

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    They probably brought him in a bit too early. Maybe 3-4 laps fresher tyres could've made a difference over a long run.
    Ferrari had gone for undercut with Sainz and it was the right strategy call. He simply ran out of tyres. His first stint was 21 laps and he was holding up Leclerc.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    The gap before the final lap was 2.9 seconds. So Norris wasn't miles ahead. Also when Leclerc overtook Sainz, the gap was 4.2 seconds.

Last lap Leclerc did 1:23.729 compared to Norris's 1:22.303, he basically gave up on the final lap and that's why the final gap is 4.4 seconds.
    All I ask is that I think Norris had more pace .If Lec would have gone closer he could pickup the pace a bit just to keep the gap to 1,5-2 s.
    He showed that he could turn in 1:21s
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    When will Binotto find a way to cheat with his engine hacks again?
    Why would he ? He is happy with the current form of the team.

maybe in Monte Carlo Charles can get pole and win.
    Well it's ok to hope right?

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Hitler on the radio to Bottas
    I am still laughing now and then, this was maybe best thing in todays race

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Why would he ? He is happy with the current form of the team.
    You are right, the clown did it in 2019 to try to prove that Ferrari made the right decision to pick the clown over Arrivabene.

Let's hope the new floor upgrade for the next race will give us a gain to outpace Mclaren. Even Renault is near our race performance !

And Formula 1 still not showing Mazepin has been voted as driver of the day.

WCC Standings currently

Mercedes 101pts
    Redbull 83pts
    Mclaren 53pts
    Ferrari 42pts
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    And Formula 1 still not showing Mazepin has been voted as driver of the day.
    ������ Really ? I didnt realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    All I ask is that I think Norris had more pace .If Lec would have gone closer he could pickup the pace a bit just to keep the gap to 1,5-2 s.
    Yup Norris was just managing his tyres. As there was no real pressure from behind.
    He’s doing good job for mclaren by finishing ahead of Ferrari.

Ferrari’s race pace isn’t good at all by comparing to Mclaren Norris & Alphine (ocon & Alonso).

Tyres are going off. This is not new issue for Ferrari, it was the same since 2019/2020 & now. It a fundamental issue where Mr. Binotto isn’t able to find a solution for it from ages.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Both Leclerc and Norris were doing 1m21's when they were pushing, with Leclerc being 2-3 tenths per lap faster. On lap 44 Leclerc was 2.8 seconds behind Norris, but lost 1.2 seconds to Norris due to traffic. (he had to lap 3 cars on that lap).

So Leclerc again had to claw back from 4 seconds gap and before the final lap the gap was 2.9 seconds. I'm not saying Leclerc would've passed Norris, but in terms of race pace, Leclerc was marginally faster than Norris.

In case 2022 ferrari will not be competitive for the very top then binotto will have serious problems because we all hope for 2022… Today was a bad performance for ferrari… Far behind the favorites, the racing pace is much worse than qualifying, the powertrain is not competitive Honda in Mercedes. Ok progress since 2020 is visible but the competing teams have progressed mainly in addition to red bull and mercedes McLaren, alfatouri and now also Alpine.

Both Leclerc and Norris were doing 1m21's when they were pushing, with Leclerc being 2-3 tenths per lap faster. On lap 44 Leclerc was 2.8 seconds behind Norris, but lost 1.2 seconds to Norris due to traffic. (he had to lap 3 cars on that lap).

So Leclerc again had to claw back from 4 seconds gap and before the final lap the gap was 2.9 seconds. I'm not saying Leclerc would've passed Norris, but in terms of race pace, Leclerc was marginally faster than Norris.
    Even Perez struggle to pass Lando with 0.5-0.7 sec faster car. So yeah it was near impossible for us but prefer pushing him to the end rather than just sit and wait to Race end...

Not sure why people are upset tbh. Our race pace was solid today, especially Charles on both mediums and hards. Sainz was a bit dismal with his race performance.

We are losing time in long high speed corners where engine performance is the key, but the car was yet again pretty good in corners. Also there is a big upgrade coming in for Spain. We've made a massive step forward this year with the car and developments are delivering expected improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Mercedes got more wing than Redbull and they pull away in every straight, even when Redbull got drs.

But since they're Mercedes there's nothing to investigate for.
    Because no one is talking. With Ferrari, it was the opposite. I don't buy for a second that one engine manufacturer can so many years in front of the other by such a margin. But as the Ferrari case proved, FIA haveno tools, no knowledge and probably no will to actually investigate this. Only if someone from inside talk we will find the details...

CL post-race team radio: "Yeah, difficult first stint. It’s a shame. Idk what happened on the mediums. I struggled quite a lot. Hard tyres were really good but we need to understand what happened in the first stint. It just didn‘t feel good."

CL on the race pace ....

Charles: "I feel like we have done a good job on my side, then Carlos struggled in the second stint. But I believe we need to sort out this for both of the cars to make a step forward, so not a great weekend for us."

Not sure why people are upset tbh. Our race pace was solid today, especially Charles on both mediums and hards. Sainz was a bit dismal with his race performance.

We are losing time in long high speed corners where engine performance is the key, but the car was yet again pretty good in corners. Also there is a big upgrade coming in for Spain. We've made a massive step forward this year with the car and developments are delivering expected improvements.
    Well then it will be worst for us in spain. Spain has relatively long and high speed corners. (Turn 3 and 16 especially)

although we were slow in last sector since 2009 at spain.. nothing new.

Well then it will be worst for us in spain. Spain has relatively long and high speed corners. (Turn 3 and 16 especially)

although we were slow in last sector since 2009 at spain.. nothing new.
    Fortunately it's not that simple. Otherwise we would've dominated Spain with the SF90. I'm expecting Mclaren to be very fast in the first sector, with us being faster than them in the sector 2 and 3.

Upgrades are coming for Spain, which will shake things up a bit.

Let's not panic, YET.
    But the signs are not good.
    One floor available, not 2, everlasting issues with tyres, everlasting issues with engine.
    I still believe we are not on par with McLaren and we are close to them just because DR can't find his rhythm with the car. When he does, we will be clearly the 4th fastest team.

On a personal note, I think it's the first of a 5-6 straight wins for LH.
    Merc is playing with the rest of the field, I believe they have even more power from their engine.

The upgrades in the Spanish GP are the last for the SF21.
    Then they will focus only on the SF22...

Fortunately it's not that simple. Otherwise we would've dominated Spain with the SF90. I'm expecting Mclaren to be very fast in the first sector, with us being faster than them in the sector 2 and 3.

Upgrades are coming for Spain, which will shake things up a bit.
    I still can’t believe that we ended up behind mclaren after having such a good car back in 2017&2018 seasons. And peoples that responsible for this still in team.

Disappointing (and quite boring) race for our ragazzi and we are justified in being upset, not that we expected much more than we have got. At least it's step up from last year, but without that missing engine power, we are always going to be sitting ducks in any DRS area. That's without the SF21 chewing up its tyres. Carlos lost 3 places in the last laps as his mediums had given up, Charles kept it together but still wouldn't have been able to attack Norris without enough power and would probably have been passed again in the DRS zones. Even Charles admitted it wasn't his best performance and didn't blame the car or team, but Carlos ending up out of the points was a big strategy error. So we have a right to be upset when we know our team is still facing a struggle and that's unlikely to change for this season, and we suffered enough last year!

Disappointing day for Ferrari? One car finished 6th, while the other Ferrari was unlucky to finish 11th, just outside the Points.
    Even more of a disappointing day for Williams. Last two races after George Qualified well, it has all resulted in no reward in the way of Points. It could be another lllllllllllloooooooonnnnnnnggggggggggg season for Williams. I'm going to watch my favourite TV Quiz, 'Pointless'. Then maybe watch 'Points of View'. I might go and place a Bet that Williams won't score any Points this season.
    Oh well, onto the next race.
    Have you got any old Ferrari F1 cars that are not being used? Maybe we could have two? Or if there are any road cars not being used? A couple of Testtarosa's or F40's?
    The good times WILL return, and FERever.

I still can’t believe that we ended up behind mclaren after having such a good car back in 2017&2018 seasons. And peoples that responsible for this still in team.
    Arrivabene is no longer with the team after the clown initiated the coup with the cheat engine.

At this point the only thing left to do is laugh.

Ferraro have turned into a joke.

Sad that potential greats like Charles will be wasted on this clown show.

Get fired at ferrari and squel on the team run to the fia and layout all the secrets and tricks this is what caused the ferrari demise italian squealers who want pay back.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    At this point the only thing left to do is laugh.

Ferraro have turned into a joke.

Sad that potential greats like Charles will be wasted on this clown show.
    Thanks to MR. Binotto who made these disasters.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Get fired at ferrari and squel on the team run to the fia and layout all the secrets and tricks this is what caused the ferrari demise italian squealers who want pay back.
    ?