Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 2021 Portuguese Grand Prix - Portimão, Apr 30 - May 02

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Disappointing (and quite boring) race for our ragazzi and we are justified in being upset, not that we expected much more than we have got. At least it's step up from last year, but without that missing engine power, we are always going to be sitting ducks in any DRS area. That's without the SF21 chewing up its tyres. Carlos lost 3 places in the last laps as his mediums had given up, Charles kept it together but still wouldn't have been able to attack Norris without enough power and would probably have been passed again in the DRS zones. Even Charles admitted it wasn't his best performance and didn't blame the car or team, but Carlos ending up out of the points was a big strategy error. So we have a right to be upset when we know our team is still facing a struggle and that's unlikely to change for this season, and we suffered enough last year!
    There wasn't any big strategy error. Carlos not being able to preserve his tyres is not the fault of the strategy. Both Norris and Gasly had gone for similar strategy and both of them finished ahead.

Thing is everyone had graining with mediums, but after a while the tyres were stabilized. Ferrari should've ordered Carlos to move over when Charles was stuck behind him for 5 laps, because as soon as Carlos pitted, Charles was doing PB's.

We were slower than Mclaren in Bahrain, faster in Imola and neck-neck in Portugal. That to me is pretty positive. Spain is going to be another good weekend for Ferrari. Just consider where we were last year at Abu Dhabi, and where we are right now after the race number 3.

Mercedes got more wing than Redbull and they pull away in every straight, even when Redbull got drs.

But since they're Mercedes there's nothing to investigate for
    The FIA and F1 management and Pirelli are on MERC payroll,nothing will happen.
    Even Toto is denying whats been said of 2014 engine.
    Somebody is going to talk.
    And i dont know why LH is so important for the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

Just consider where we were last year at Abu Dhabi, and where we are right now after the race number 3.
    Well of course Caotain Obvious, the pandemic hit italy hard forcing it to shut down NOT TO MENTION the FIA putting in a 2nd fuel flow sensor at the beginning of 2020 which dropped Ferrari's performance drastically.

BTW, in 2019 Seb and Leclerc after 3 races both scored 72 points when compared to Leclerc and Sainz whom in 2021 have both scored 42 points.....the decrease in points is because RedBull-Honda have stepped up their game as well as Mclaren-Mercedes whom are taking away points from Ferrari.

Yes, I believe Leclerc and Sainz are the better pair and trying to score as many points possible given the 2021 package.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Yeah... We all know how in the past all those huge changes "helped" Ferrari (2005, 2009, 2014,....)
    2017 changes were good though. The concept then got curve balled with the 2019 front wing change plus move to the lower gauge tyres. Not to mention the mid season technical directives in 2018 outlawing Ferrari's very effective blown axle and front of the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    2017 changes were good though. The concept then got curve balled with the 2019 front wing change plus move to the lower gauge tyres. Not to mention the mid season technical directives in 2018 outlawing Ferrari's very effective blown axle and front of the floor.
    Since 2014 thru 2021 (excluding 2020....so 7 years really) Ferrari currently is losing a second to .86sec a lap during the race against Mercedes. 7 years and Ferrari is'nt even close given Ferrari's budget and facilities.

It's not how you start, but how you finish. 2022 is a completely different formula and the start of a new era.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfsmith View Post
    The FIA and F1 management and Pirelli are on MERC payroll,nothing will happen.
    Even Toto is denying whats been said of 2014 engine.
    Somebody is going to talk.
    And i dont know why LH is so important for the sport.
    Nothing will change until goldenboy retires, Merc/FIA/Pirelli are bent backwards trying to hand him as many titles as possible. it will not change until he goes which sadly seems to be several years away.
    Last edited by Redfive; 3rd May 2021 at 12:24. Reason: typo

Ferrari might as well become a chocolate factory like Ferrero they are just melting away.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Since 2014 thru 2021 (excluding 2020....so 7 years really) Ferrari currently is losing a second to .86sec a lap during the race against Mercedes. 7 years and Ferrari is'nt even close given Ferrari's budget and facilities.

It's not how you start, but how you finish. 2022 is a completely different formula and the start of a new era.
    Ferrari will not use the new floor in Barcelona this weekend (neither in quali and in the race). The new floor (tested in free practice in Portimão) was an experimental piece and served as a basis for evaluating future developments.

MR. Binotto

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Yep, gotta hand führer Toto and the woke loser even more free titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Yep, gotta hand führer Toto and the woke loser even more free titles.
    Call Toto what you will, but he is the type of leader Ferrari need instead of the one they have.

Exactly totto is a leader and a bloody good one.He has achieved results other team principles can only dream about and I mean dream, regardless of how he has achieved the results he has that i mean business look and do not **** with totto.Hats of to him vs sleepy eyes binotto.

Toto and his team push and talk win before every race , every quali session. And look what they do. Binotto talks about a couple of years before Ferrari will do the winning. How can any driver want to race his heart out after hearing their boss saying there's no shot? Even the pit stop crew needs new equipment.

[QUOTE=Brembo;1042459]Toto and his team push and talk win before every race , every quali session. And look what they do. Binotto talks about a couple of years before Ferrari will do the winning. How can any driver want to race his heart out after hearing their boss saying there's no shot? Even the pit stop crew needs new equipment.[/QUOTE

Just what I've been saying for a while, Binotto may be trying to be honest and realistic but it can't do anything for the team's or fans' morale. Just hope Charles and Carlos are prepared to stick with it and one day get their deserved results.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Toto and his team push and talk win before every race , every quali session. And look what they do. Binotto talks about a couple of years before Ferrari will do the winning. How can any driver want to race his heart out after hearing their boss saying there's no shot? Even the pit stop crew needs new equipment.
    Rubbish.

If Binotto said we are going to win or try and win every race between now and the end of the season imagine the size of the stick you would be beating him with! It's just more ammunition for you, don't you have enough?

Toto joined mercedes as an executive just before they started winning but prior to that I didn't hear Ross Brawn (a serial winner) say Mercedes were going to win every race when they didn't win a thing for four seasons.

If next season our engine is still at the back then fair enough but at least he has been straight with us, and not given false hope..if he did you'd be accusing him of exactly that so he's in a lose/lose situation this season. Not to mention the issues with Ferrari don't solely lie with Mattia
    Last edited by patrese86; 4th May 2021 at 11:27.

We've had so many leaders at Ferrari over the past 7 years and everyone of them were never good enough. The way I see it, Binotto is being methodical in his approach. He's been tough with the FIA when he's needed to be. He's held out and opposed Toto and Horner many times. It seems to me that he's slowly building towards something that will benefit Ferrari. He's focused on getting correlation issues fixed, making the car better bit by bit. New equipment is coming in, they are utilizing the racetrack in their backyard, they got 2 good young drivers. He's building for the future, exactly the way Merc did just before this run they've had. This is something that Ferrari should have started back in 2014, when they saw how far back they were. Instead we got the usual revolving door of TP's and Ferrari stuck in no man's land. Give this guy a chance. I got a good feeling about him, I like the way he's honest about expectations and he's pretty low key.
    Brembo, both Carlos & Charles seem upbeat so they must see what's been happening at the factory and are quite content.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Rubbish.

If Binotto said we are going to win or try and win every race between now and the end of the season imagine the size of the stick you would be beating him with! It's just more ammunition for you, don't you have enough?

Toto joined mercedes as an executive just before they started winning but prior to that I didn't hear Ross Brawn (a serial winner) say Mercedes were going to win every race when they didn't win a thing for four seasons.

If next season our engine is still at the back then fair enough but at least he has been straight with us, and not given false hope..if he did you'd be accusing him of exactly that so he's in a lose/lose situation this season. Not to mention the issues with Ferrari don't solely lie with Mattia
    You're not the only one who plays this tired tune on this forum. Harry Potter is the leader of the team, the buck stops with him. The team's failure is his failure. That's how leadership works. If something isn't working in the team and he is unable to change it, then is he really the TP? How many other jobs would people keep throughout constant failure? When I was a kid, working in a Best Buy when our store didn't make goal for an entire year, the GM got demoted, and someone else came in. Ferrari keeps rewarding failure and that is what they will get in perpetuity. Failure. Since 2008, 12 full seasons, nothing but failure.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    You're not the only one who plays this tired tune on this forum. Harry Potter is the leader of the team, the buck stops with him. The team's failure is his failure. That's how leadership works. If something isn't working in the team and he is unable to change it, then is he really the TP? How many other jobs would people keep throughout constant failure? When I was a kid, working in a Best Buy when our store didn't make goal for an entire year, the GM got demoted, and someone else came in. Ferrari keeps rewarding failure and that is what they will get in perpetuity. Failure. Since 2008, 12 full seasons, nothing but failure.
    why do you still come here?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    why do you still come here?
    too much time to "kill"....he gets bored easily and comes to this forum to do his trolling duties....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    We've had so many leaders at Ferrari over the past 7 years and everyone of them were never good enough. The way I see it, Binotto is being methodical in his approach. He's been tough with the FIA when he's needed to be. He's held out and opposed Toto and Horner many times. It seems to me that he's slowly building towards something that will benefit Ferrari. He's focused on getting correlation issues fixed, making the car better bit by bit. New equipment is coming in, they are utilizing the racetrack in their backyard, they got 2 good young drivers. He's building for the future, exactly the way Merc did just before this run they've had. This is something that Ferrari should have started back in 2014, when they saw how far back they were. Instead we got the usual revolving door of TP's and Ferrari stuck in no man's land. Give this guy a chance. I got a good feeling about him, I like the way he's honest about expectations and he's pretty low key.
    Brembo, both Carlos & Charles seem upbeat so they must see what's been happening at the factory and are quite content.
    A very sensible and reasoned post, Bob, what a surprise it will be when he proves himself to have been right all along! We live in hope, as ever!

I do believe Charles and Carlos are on their way to the next race thinking they got a shot at the podium for sure. I'm believing in the same thing. A good old time safe Crashstappen vs. Merc Double D N F and our boys right up there would be an extra added attraction. Bob, " Slowly " is the main thing I have against Binotto's ideas as to the future races. 2022 is not consoling . A week is for me a long wait to the next race!

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Maybe treating an F1 team like Best Buy is why we've had so many different leaders in 7 years. Takes time to build up a winning team and infrastructure. If you expect a complete overhaul in 1 year then best stick to consumer electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Maybe treating an F1 team like Best Buy is why we've had so many different leaders in 7 years. Takes time to build up a winning team and infrastructure. If you expect a complete overhaul in 1 year then best stick to consumer electronics.
    Good point, but if we'd been able to keep the late 2019 power unit, we wouldn't have needed such a complete overhaul!