Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 07 - 09

Charles did an amazing job today. Carlos OK.

Hopefully Charles can nail Monaco's qualifying and get within 0.2 s from pole since that is purely about bravery and corner speed.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Good race by Charles & Sainz.

Awesome strategy by Mercs again. Pulling it at the right time. Didn’t expect that
    +1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

RB should have reacted, but they didn’t. Repeat of Hungary 2019.
    should they reacted I think LH will eat him alive for the 20 laps remaining, but who knows what if RB reacted.

Very good results for both our drivers ,and finally very good performance on race pace !!!!!! This was what I was expecting from 1st race and with this performance and ,let's say happy, for this year !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

RB should have reacted, but they didn’t. Repeat of Hungary 2019.
    They had no choice, if they pitted Max Mercedes would just let Bottas stay out. It's a lose-lose situation for Max and RBR, and a win-win situation for Mercs because they had 2nd car to create a 2vs1

Good race ferrari leclerk very good, sainz good, ferrari good… this year we can also see the podium on some track. Next year, however, I expect a title fight. Forza Ferrari ����

Both Monaco and Baku are now must-win for Max. He'll likely get pole on both.

"McLaReN iS fAsTeR tHaN fErRaRi"

Well done to Ferrari. Barcelona is an ideal track to test cars and it showed how good the SF21 chassis is. Unfortunately for Sainz, Ricciardo got the track position at the start, otherwise he would've smoked him as well.

Mclaren and Alpine either need luck or great start to get track position ahead of us. When they can't they are nowhere.

SF21 was good in every sectors, but particularly good in the final sector. Bottas with the Merc couldn't get close to Charles.

Strategy was solid. When under pressure every team makes mistakes, as we've seen today with Red Bull.

Well done to Ferrari again and on to Monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    you really believe he can still win this wdc?

Charles did an amazing job today. Carlos OK.

Hopefully Charles can nail Monaco's qualifying and get within 0.2 s from pole since that is purely about bravery and corner speed.
    Nope. Everyone will go for high DF set up. I think there’s a chance we can beat mclaren there.

Not Baku.....that's a power street circuit.....T16 thru T20 is flat out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    If he's 100 % flawless and the trash get some reliability problems yes. If he finishes every race 1st or 2nd there's always a chance. Then he needs to win Monaco, Baku, Hungary, Holland, Singapore, Mexico and Brazil plus probably another two-three races on top of that.

At a point I did thought we could have taken the podium from Bottas, but I think regardless of what we did, Bottas would had the pace to respond.
    Regardless, it was a good race for us all things considered. Hopefully we can take the podium spot few races down the road.

We need to bag another good haul of points at Monaco.

Drivers can make all the difference in Monaco, and with Charles and a good chassis like the SF21, who knows.....maybe we can produce a pleasant surprise there.

oh.

Don’t think it will be easy for max. LH-Mercs in race pace have more engine modes than in quali. We saw last two races.

Nope. Everyone will go for high DF set up. I think there’s a chance we can beat mclaren there.
    You have it backwards, it's normally that we have to go for lower DF because of power shortage whereas the other two set up their cars 'almost like Monaco' to get lap time. Since you can't get overtaken there we are free to go for maximum DF.

Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    At a point I did thought we could have taken the podium from Bottas, but I think regardless of what we did, Bottas would had the pace to respond.
    Regardless, it was a good race for us all things considered. Hopefully we can take the podium spot few races down the road.
    Good job by our boys and the team today

But frankly I think it’s gonna be hard for us to get onto the podium this year....especially since this car won’t be developed much this year....all our efforts are now pretty much shift d to 2022....

But if we beat McLaren I’ll be a happy camper

To win against such Mercs-LH, you need to be perfect in all departments. Pit strategy/2nd driver support/Car.
    RB has both strategy & car. If 2nd driver would have been there in pit window of LH, Mercs wouldn’t have triggered this strategy.

You have it backwards, it's normally that we have to go for lower DF because of power shortage whereas the other two set up their cars 'almost like Monaco' to get lap time. Since you can't get overtaken there we are free to go for maximum DF.
    Nope. Monaco is a high DF track.....usually suits RB's WB as well. Merc's have a longer WB.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Wow

But frankly I think it’s gonna be hard for us to get onto the podium this year....especially since this car won’t be developed much this year....all our efforts are now pretty much shift d to 2022....

agreed

Wow

Agreed. We'll need luck to get on to the podium. But Bottas and Perez aren't invincible even with a better car. And neither Mercedes or Red Bull will have solid reliability every time.

To win against such Mercs-LH, you need to be perfect in all departments. Pit strategy/2nd driver support/Car.
    RB has both strategy & car. If 2nd driver would have been there in pit window of LH, Mercs wouldn’t have triggered this strategy.
    +1

We had a pretty good race today. If Ferrari really is as strong as it appears right now in the corners, we will definitely beat McLaren in Monaco.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Mate, no other team mate driver can come even close to Max performance, Max IS THAT GOOD....he’s over delivering what that car is capable of, kind of like the old Alonso over delivering in Ferrari back in the day....

That’s why no matter who they out in that second red bull, that driver gonna look mediocre compar3 to Max....so Max is let out there all by himself with 2 mercs to fight.....

I hope that Max can put out a good fight throughout the season with Lewis (if Ferrari can’t ) but at this stage Merc seems to have the edge as well as looking bett r after tires...better tire wear

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Nope. Monaco is a high DF track.....usually suits RB's WB as well. Merc's have a longer WB.
    Yes

He can. He could've won today's race if either Perez was in position or if Bottas hadn't jumped Leclerc in the pits. Bottas is hardly as good of a wingman as he was in 2019 or even 2018 thanks to the fact that this year's Merc is EVEN more sensitive to dirty air than every other Merc he has driven so far (he is pretty awful in such conditions, anyway). It will be close.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Mate, no other team mate driver can come even close to Max performance, Max IS THAT GOOD....he’s over delivering what that car is capable of, kind of like the old Alonso over delivering in Ferrari back in the day....

That’s why no matter who they out in that second red bull, that driver gonna look mediocre compar3 to Max....so Max is let out there all by himself with 2 mercs to fight.....

I hope that Max can put out a good fight throughout the season with Lewis (if Ferrari can’t ) but at this stage Merc seems to have the edge as well as looking bett r after tires...better tire wear
    agreed

He's pretty amazing but he's far from carrying the car here like he had to last year, let's be real. Mercedes has an equally good car, Hamilton is an equally good if not a better driver but Mercedes is a MUCH better team than RB ever was. That's the reason he's getting screwed over.

That Mercedes needs to be striped down and investigated.. That car is not right