Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mick Schumacher

Mick Schumacher

On behalf of Rob, please keep his dad and the woke #44 loser out of this thread and stay on topic

So far he's been outclassing Mazepin in an outstanding manner. The question is though just how bad Mazepin really is, but considering they weren't that far apart in F2 it's still a really impressive debut campaign so far. I just hope he gets to have a Q2-capable car next year so that he can further increase his learning curve. So far I'm rather impressed though. Being faster than Lafiti yesterday is definitely a job well done considering the Haas is still virtually the 2020 car.

Doubt he'll be a Ferrari driver in 2023 but we'll see what he can do. Hopefully Ferrari will be able to place him in Alfa next year if Kimi finally calls it a day and then we'll really see what he's made of.

Maybe Williams could be a test for Mick Schumacher next season. The George Russell saga could may well rumble on throughout this season. Where will he be next season?
    Could not say what our driver line up could be next season, Latifi has not done well so far this season.
    The focus appears to be on next season's car. COULD BE a bit more competitive. Could maybe be a step up for Mick.
    Jenson Button is back in the Williams set up in a varied sort of capacity. Mick could get some advice off him regarding F1.
    The good times WILL return, and FERever.

I never felt like Mick had much raw pace. There appeared to be several faster drivers in F2. His strengths are consistency and his race starts. Finds a way to be in a position for solid points.

I do feel he's improved significantly throughout his F1 career and I hope he gets a chance to drive a car capable of challenging for points. Right now we just can't tell how good he is.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I never felt like Mick had much raw pace. There appeared to be several faster drivers in F2. His strengths are consistency and his race starts. Finds a way to be in a position for solid points.

I do feel he's improved significantly throughout his F1 career and I hope he gets a chance to drive a car capable of challenging for points. Right now we just can't tell how good he is.
    he beats his teammate....that's the first opponent you have to beat....can't do much, the Haas car is crap
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    he beats his teammate....that's the first opponent you have to beat....can't do much, the Haas car is crap
    Yeah that's all he can do at this point.

He's doing everything he is expected to. Beating his teammate and stalking one or both of the Williams drivers every now and then. He will only get better from this point.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Mick will get points this season !!!!

[QUOTE=Tifoso Svedese;1042722]On behalf of Rob, please keep his dad and the woke #44 loser out of this thread and stay on topic

.That includes you ! Read who you just named ! That is really funny.

It can't be that hard, but you're right he's doing what he has to. He seems to be focused a lot more on developing himself than on his struggling teammate, which is a very good and encouraging thing. Someone else might end up getting a big head too soon.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

It's hard to say which car is worse , Haas with two rookies holding their own with what they have or the Merc powered Williams still doing zero.

Mazepin nearly put both Haas cars in the wall during the last lap, Mick asks on he team radio if he tried to kill us?

And then Mick asks about where Seb ended the race!

"Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Don't let Tifosi1993 see this video. He will label as Mazepin as an attempted murderer lol.

Haas may very finish the season ahead of Wiliams. Mick is really into doing his best every race.

I wonder if Mick will consider Alpha as a team to drive for since it's based in Switzerland and he was born and raised in Switzerland? Especially if Ferrari stays with their drivers come 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I wonder if Mick will consider Alpha as a team to drive for since it's based in Switzerland and he was born and raised in Switzerland? Especially if Ferrari stays with their drivers come 2023.
    I think the question should be whether Alpha will consider Mick. I'm sure Mick would take any team that is an improvement on his current team.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Mick still hasn't done a full season in his F-1 team and he's finishing his races and out driving his team mate for the most part. If he scores a point by seasons end he will have passed Russell as far as being a rookie coming up in F-1 in just one season. Maybe even better. I was thinking 2023 when Ferrari will be shopping. By then Mick will have proved himself good or not so good . Hopefully with some points then. Not Zero; although that doesn't seem to hurt Russell as far a being considered great? Mick with a race in Sir Lewis' car would be great to see.

Love the dragon on the back of the lid ��

Any points Mick scores this season should make him a contender for a top seat!

Mick will be let go by the FDA at the end of 2022. He will be a free agent at the start of 2023.

Unfortunately, he will not have a HAAS seat for 2023.

"Thanks but no thanks."
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mick will be let go by the FDA at the end of 2022. He will be a free agent at the start of 2023.

Unfortunately, he will not have a HAAS seat for 2023.

"Thanks but no thanks."
    sadly, he's NOT even close to what his old man used to be.
    Nice guy and all, but doesn't have that racer instinct, ruthlesness and speed like his old man used to have (he's getting beat by an OLD Magnussen for crying out loud); he's just your average F1 driver (sort of like Paul diresta, marcus erricson, grojean, Karoon chandock...etc ) nothing more just hiding behind a famous LAST MAME

also he hasn't done much WOW factor either when driving in F2

so yeah, this day was inevitable and we all knew it would come, Ferrari legting him go from teh FDA as well as Haas....

Now ONLY if "Ferrari" would demote Harry Potter a.k.a Mattia Binotto to a factory job (as he's more valuable there) and bring someone with balls of steel and a backbone to run the team as TP....now THAT would be a GREAT THING....but as we ALL KNOW, that is NOT gonna happen.....
    Last edited by FerrariF60; 30th August 2022 at 18:46.

sadly, he's NOT even close to what his old man used to be.
    Nice guy and all, but doesn't have that racer instinct, ruthlesness and speed like his old man used to have (he's getting beat by an OLD Magnussen for crying out loud); he's just your average F1 driver (sort of like Paul diresta, marcus erricson, grojean, Karoon chandock ) nothing more just hiding behind a famous LAST MAME

also he hasn't done much WOW factor either when driving in F2

so yeah, this day was inevitable and we all knew it would come, Ferrari legting him go from teh FDA as well as Haas....
    I know a couple of drivers on the current F1 grid that doesn't have that WOW factor.....unfortunately those F1 drivers either come from money or their daddy owns the F1 team.........and they both are Canadians. (I have nothing against Canadians in F1, but they just are not like Gilles on the track).
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I know a couple of drivers on the current F1 grid that doesn't have that WOW factor.....unfortunately those F1 drivers either come from money or their daddy owns the F1 team.........and they both are Canadians. (I have nothing against Canadians in F1, but they just are not like Gilles on the track).
    hey, hey, hey.....watch it, i'm Kanadian.....LOL
    but yeah, in all fairness, those TWO that you also mentioned, yeah, they dont' belong on teh F1 grid either....LOL

yeah, Gilles was something special on track and to watch....his son??? he was OK, but not even close to what his old man used to be

so, another Ferrari Academy driver sent to pasture in greener fields, because realistically, Ferrari is really not the team to be in in recent years, nor does it seem to be evolving, based on the pathetic strategy team we have.
    I feel that Mick, either fired from or having decided to sever ties with the Ferrari brand, is his BEST career move.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    so, another Ferrari Academy driver sent to pasture in greener fields, because realistically, Ferrari is really not the team to be in in recent years, nor does it seem to be evolving, based on the pathetic strategy team we have.
    I feel that Mick, either fired from or having decided to sever ties with the Ferrari brand, is his BEST career move.
    It is the other way round.
    For better or worse, Mick is far from ferrari standards.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post

Mick will be remembered as much as Ralf....
    Forza Ferrari

Mick getting the Alpine seat would be great because his dad is the ultimate Enstone legend. Although that was well before Mick was born, the way his dad won those two titles with inferior equipment to Williams is the stuff of legend. I hope they'll one day paint the cars MS/Alonso era sky blue again. Mick is a lot better driver than people think. Steiner has been very unfair on him, he needs a more encouraging environment.

[QUOTE=aroutis;1070144]It is the other way round.
    For better or worse, Mick is far from ferrari standards.[/QUOTE

The same went with Russell at Williams but he was awarded a top team seat! There's really nothing great open right now or Mick would be OK. Ferrari for example is A- OK with their two top drivers. Merc and R Bull are A- OK driver wise also.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Mick will be remembered as much as Ralf....
    Who was a pretty decent driver btw. Not everyone is world champion material. But he still won races and compared reasonably to the likes of Button, Montoya and Trulli.
    Mick isnt as quick as the best on the grid. But he has shown an incredible capacity to work hard and turn things around. He even leads Kmag in finishes 7-5, i believe. He definitely doesnt deserve to leave F1 before the likes of Latifi, Tsunoda and Zhou.