Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mick Schumacher

I like the guy but he's not impressed and it's almost too late. He needs to have a really rocketship of the next 2-3 races or it's over for him.
    Sad to see him go but emotions aside, if he's not fast enough then he has no place in F1, as uncomfortable as that might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    I like the guy but he's not impressed and it's almost too late. He needs to have a really rocketship of the next 2-3 races or it's over for him.
    Sad to see him go but emotions aside, if he's not fast enough then he has no place in F1, as uncomfortable as that might be.
    He may not be champion material but then again, how many are? Does an absolute loser like Gio deserve the Haas seat over him?
    Btw he outqualified Kmag again. His only flaw this season has been that he wasnt that great when the car was genuinely capable of scoring points.

Quote Originally Posted by SB92 View Post
    He may not be champion material but then again, how many are? Does an absolute loser like Gio deserve the Haas seat over him?
    Btw he outqualified Kmag again. His only flaw this season has been that he wasnt that great when the car was genuinely capable of scoring points.
    Calling GIO a loser is a bit strong when you consider that the Alfa of last year had the down on power Ferrari engine, it would be great to have an Italian driver back on the grid. Mick is an OK driver and he has improved as the season has progressed, and I still think he deserves to be on the grid more than certain others.

Do we see anyway back to F1 for Mick now? Don't think HAAS treated him that well and I expect he was getting replaced no matter how he did this season.

Gonna be tough for him.
    Forza Ferrari

Millions in damage didn't help Mick's cause!

I don't understand Haas' decision, they would rather take Hulkenberg who only had occassional races in recent years, and is probably past his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Do we see anyway back to F1 for Mick now? Don't think HAAS treated him that well and I expect he was getting replaced no matter how he did this season.

Gonna be tough for him.
    Yeah it's a shame. I think Steiner is a difficult guy to have as a boss. I'm not clued up with the inner workings of HAAS but I get the feeling they threw all their weight behind K Mag and Mick was just a temporary seat filler. Quite disappointed that Ferrari didn't extend their contract with him either.
    On a different but related note, it's strange how HAAS dropped off the pace at the same time as Ferrari did

Mick's crashes and not being able to beat K-Mag, whom took a year off of F1, was all that mattered.

I'm sure Hulk and K-Mag will put better points as a team.

Mick just didn't have what it took.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mick's crashes and not being able to beat K-Mag, whom took a year off of F1, was all that mattered.

I'm sure Hulk and K-Mag will put better points as a team.

Mick just didn't have what it took.
    +1 I so wanted him to succeed and show some fire but I guess it was not to be and the fire isn't there. His donuts were infantile
    (as all are) and sealed it for me.

I can understand them dropping Mick (although they've treated him rather poorly recently) but hiring Hulk is just ridiculous, I have nothing against Nico but he's had many many chances in F1, if Haas wanted another driver then they should have got new blood.

as for Mick, I believe he's looking at being the reserve driver for Merc.. I would hate that, of all the teams to go to :(

I can understand them dropping Mick (although they've treated him rather poorly recently) but hiring Hulk is just ridiculous, I have nothing against Nico but he's had many many chances in F1, if Haas wanted another driver then they should have got new blood.
    Schwartzman maybe??

as for Mick, I believe he's looking at being the reserve driver for Merc.. I would hate that, of all the teams to go to :(
    Well, Daddy went to Merc after taking time off from the Scuderia to help develop the car or cars while Nico went for a "Sunday drive." Schumacher was self-less like that during his time at Merc.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

[QUOTE=wisepie;1070297]Calling GIO a loser is a bit strong when you consider that the Alfa of last year had the down on power Ferrari engine, it would be great to have an Italian driver back on the grid. Mick is an OK driver and he has improved as the season has progressed, and I still think he deserves to be on the grid more than certain others.[/QUO

Well said! Russell did 2 1/2 seasons without winning a point! When he got the Merc seat he winds up ahead of Lewis!! Mick needs a car! He will only get better!