Thread: Danke Seb

Danke Seb

Shame he never got a title with us...some career he has had and good luck to him in the future.
    Forza Ferrari

Glad to see the back of him and his whiny wokeism

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Shame he never got a title with us...some career he has had and good luck to him in the future.
    i said the same thing when Alo drove for Ferrari, although he got a LOT closer couple of times.

nonetheless, i thank Seb for all the hard work has put in general as well as when he drove for us....i wish him all the best in whatever he'll do after this chapter
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Glad to see the back of him and his whiny wokeism
    Definitely a different person now as when he started with BMW Williams then Toro Rosso and Redbull. Matured??.....maybe. F1 is not what used to be and certainly Seb isn't either.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

All the best Seb. The passion to win the title with Ferrari was always there just like Alonso, sad that it couldn’t happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Exactly my thoughts.
    He really looked up to Schumi and wanted to do the same winning a title with Ferrari.

Still, pretty sure some of his most memorable wins are the ones with Ferrari. And I'm glad to see him raced in Ferrari during those years.

Good luck to him in the future. Think he's matured a lot the last few years but he definitely should of had a championship with us i felt. Made some mistakes and questionable decisions under pressure, pressure he didn't have at red bull I feel.

good luck Seb. A class act who even took to learning Italian.
    It's a pity he didn't win a championship with us.

Forza Jules

He will be missed and I'm sure he desperately wanted a championship win with Ferrari, but like so many others, he couldn't achieve it. I respect him as a person and what he did for our team, his comments after the Abu Dhabi race showed what kind of man he is and he should now have time to enjoy his family and hobbies. Good luck Seb.

Hope we see him racing in somewhere else in the future. I am sure he will enjoy being the family man he is though. It is a shame he didnt win a WCC with Ferrari, but at the time he joined I wasn't even a Vettel fan. To be fair he never had real chance given how dominant Mercedes was. People like to point his mistakes, particularly Germany 2018 as why he didnt win a title, but that simply isn't true. Mercedes far outdeveloped Ferrari in 2017 and 2018 it wasn't going to happen unless Mercedes DNF'd a bunch of times. So we can be thankful Seb gave us some wins and some hope in those years.

As for his "wokeness". Some things agree with him on, some things I do not. I can respect a person that speaks about what they believe in, and respect more a person that can practice what they preach. Whether it's cleaning the bleaches after a race, or changing his lifestyle to follow the things he talks about. Unlike another person in F1 who only virtue signals and does absolutely nothing in practice.

pure goodness