Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Max was fastest on sector1 of Q3 1st lap as well but couldn’t match Leclerc S2 & S3 times.
    He was fastest again in sector1 of Q3 2nd lap. But both Ferrari’s were also on hit laps by looking at earlier laps Ferrari would have anyways made it for pole & P3 atleast for Sainz.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Any news about the gearbox yet??? I would be super disappointed if this is stolen away from us.
    ????? (bolded area). No, IF the gearbox needs changing, then it is only Leclerc's fault for causing the gearbox to be changed. No one else's fault but Leclercs.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    me too, although better to lose it now than with 3 laps to go in the race or something.
    I wouldn't be too worried if that happened though because this is Monaco of all places.

Max thought he could suddenly pull a quarter second out of the bag, yeah right..

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    I think we'd know in 2-3 hours?
    Yes first mechanics will asses the car & see what can be done. Will take time

"We are worried, we are checking it - it is too early to tell."

Mattia Binotto, Team Principal

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    ????? (bolded area). No, IF the gearbox needs changing, then it is only Leclerc's fault for causing the gearbox to be changed. No one else's fault but Leclercs.
    Yup... he will be gutted with himself.

"We are worried, we are checking it - it is too early to tell."

Mattia Binotto, Team Principal
    When he says something, there is a reason for us to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yup you are right. Leclerc was more aggressive in the final Q3 lap than earlier one. I saw the same on his q2 1st or 2nd run, where he did touch the barrier but it was like slight bit of sparks.
    yeah, he was getting so close to that barrier all day.

Any news about the gearbox yet??? I would be super disappointed if this is stolen away from us.
    Rules are there for a reason. If the car has damage there will be a penalty. They're not stealing anything from us, it's just rules.

He had improved his first two sectors also by 0.15

Either way, I hope everything is fine.

Verstappen on whether pole should be taken away from Leclerc after causing red flag: "No, it's a difference if someone does it deliberately, but that wasn't the case here. We all push and a mistake is easily made here."

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    He had improved his first two sectors also by 0.15
    Lol, what's the point of speculating now?
    We have to hope the team can get Leclerc's machine ready by then or we'll have a mediocre race-day to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Verstappen on whether pole should be taken away from Leclerc after causing red flag: "No, it's a difference if someone does it deliberately, but that wasn't the case here. We all push and a mistake is easily made here."
    I have a feeling RBR are going to cry now :|

"I think I have the pace to win," says Sainz. "But starting fourth, it is Monaco. Today I went into quali knowing I could put it on pole, so fourth is disappointing."

let's hope Binotto doesn't get overly cautious and decide to change the box unless it's absolutely necessary.

let's hope Binotto doesn't get overly cautious and decide to change the box unless it's absolutely necessary.
    Leaving with some points is better than nothing, with the battle between Ferrari and Mclaren

It would be dumb to deliberately to destroy the car when the only man who could challenge is VER and it's not like he is fighting him over a championship position over the course of the season. Starting P2 would also have put him at a good shot at a win instead of risking losing a podium (if there is a gearbox change). Plus, I'm pretty sure the stewards would've found something shady in the telemetry pretty quickly just like it was in the case of Michael in 2006. People who think he crashed deliberately are just stupid.

"I think I have the pace to win," says Sainz. "But starting fourth, it is Monaco. Today I went into quali knowing I could put it on pole, so fourth is disappointing."
    He was looking confident & putting up the same. But I had a feeling leclerc always have something on the back come Q3 Laps.

Leaving with some points is better than nothing, with the battle between Ferrari and Mclaren
    I'd rather risk all the points for a potential win.

We can take a chance when everything is focused on 2022.
    Finishing 3rd/4th doesn’t make much difference. Ferrari have enough money.

The gearbox rule is stupid it should be a set number of boxes per season as with everything else. It's illogical.

Ditto here. I couldn't give a flying you know what about McLaren, Zak Brown, Lando Norris, social media memes or Netflix. This is Charles' home race so even if its a durability issue so long as it's shifting just go for it. Even if it means he parks with a broken box halfway. Ricciardo won with a broken engine for heaven's sake. It's Monaco. Also our only win chance of the season.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 22nd May 2021 at 14:59.

I have a feeling RBR are going to cry now :|
    It would be dumb to deliberately to destroy the car when the only man who could challenge is VER and it's not like he is fighting him over a championship position over the course of the season. Starting P2 would also have put him at a good shot at a win instead of risking losing a podium (if there is a gearbox change). Plus, I'm pretty sure the stewards would've found something shady in the telemetry pretty quickly just like it was in the case of Michael in 2006. People who think he crashed deliberately are just stupid.
    Max made the same mistake in 2018 at the same turn. The only difference is Max had to move around another car on his hot lap while entering the turn and Max ran wide clipping the kerb and sending him into the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    The gearbox rule is stupid it should be a set number of boxes per season as with everything else. It's illogical.

Ditto here. I couldn't give a flying you know what about McLaren, Zak Brown, Lando Norris, social media memes or Netflix. This is Charles' home race so even if its a durability issue so long as it's shifting just go for it. Even if it means he parks with a broken box halfway. Ricciardo won with a broken engine for heaven's sake. It's Monaco. Also our only win chance of the season.
    + 1

IF Leclerc drops 5 places, Leclerc will leave the race with "some points" IF the race goes accordingly and Leclerc keeps his P5 position-->Again, IF Leclerc needs a gearbox change.

Leclerc won't leave the race with nothing should Leclerc get a 5 place grid penatly.

IF Leclerc drops 5 places, Leclerc will leave the race with "some points" IF the race goes accordingly and Leclerc keeps his P5 position-->Again, IF Leclerc needs a gearbox change.

Leclerc won't leave the race with nothing should Leclerc get a 5 place grid penatly.
    Who care about the points. How many chances at race wins will Ferrari get this season. How many chances will Leclerc get to win his home race in a Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Who care about the points. How many chances at race wins will Ferrari get this season. How many chances will Leclerc get to win his home race in a Ferrari?
    Again, IF Leclerc gets the penatly, it's Leclerc's fault for getting the penalty.....for which I hope he does'nt get the penalty.

And achieve what? Gain 1 championship position in the WCC? Ferrari is already concentrating 90-95% of their resources for 2022 which means they don't care what happens this year. Unless Leclerc can't start in the current state of the gearbox, the gearbox should be left alone IMO.